PDA

View Full Version : Prison Sentence of Ex-Enron C.E.O. Skilling Cut by 10 Years

DMX7
06-22-2013, 01:37 PM
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/prison-sentence-of-ex-enron-ceo-skilling-cut-by-10-years-2/?ref=business&_r=0

What you expect anything less?

Wild Cobra
06-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Prisons release non-violent offenders early all the time.

Do you wish for the tax payer to continue to pay for his room and board?

baseline bum
06-22-2013, 02:27 PM

No, he should be shot.

ElNono
06-22-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211863

DMX7
06-22-2013, 06:42 PM

I have a feeling drug offenders get treated worse.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-22-2013, 06:48 PM

I'd much rather pay for his room and board than the room and board of drug users/dealers who haven't ruined any other person's life. Skilling ruined thousands of lives and put California's economy in a hole it still hasn't recovered from.

angrydude
06-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Skilling has quite easily been responsible for more human suffering than all of the non violent drug offenders in California's prison system combined.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-23-2013, 12:57 AM

Whats worse? A guys that kills one person of a single family or another that ruins the futures of millions and their families. Of course WC is to choose his corporate overlord.

Rogue
06-23-2013, 06:40 AM
releasing him early and saving his room for "violent offenders" seems to me like hanging Von Bock while letting Hitler walk. Guy ruined more persons' lives than any "violent" offender does imho

TheProfessor
06-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Couple of things - looks like they screwed up on the federal sentencing guidelines, which, when corrected, might have resulted in a sentence reduction anyway. That was apparently taken into account. He also waived his right to further appeal, which means the feds get $42 million of his assets that were previously tied up. That will go to Enron victims. Amazing that he will be out by 2017, considering what he did to people's lives, but I get why the AUSAs did this.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2013, 09:02 AM
if they decrease this clown sentence, they might as well decrease bernie madoff

FuzzyLumpkins
06-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Couple of things - looks like they screwed up on the federal sentencing guidelines, which, when corrected, might have resulted in a sentence reduction anyway. That was apparently taken into account. He also waived his right to further appeal, which means the feds get $42 million of his assets that were previously tied up. That will go to Enron victims. Amazing that he will be out by 2017, considering what he did to people's lives, but I get why the AUSAs did this.

I try not to be punitive for the sake of being punitive so the assets being freed to help the victims is great. As long as his life as an executive anywhere is over then great and I could care less.

DMX7
06-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Amazing that he will be out by 2017, considering what he did to people's lives, but I get why the AUSAs did this.

Absolutely, he was supposed to be the one white collar guy that actually got held accountable and now even he is getting off the hook easy.

angrydude
06-24-2013, 02:15 AM
if they decrease this clown sentence, they might as well decrease bernie madoff

Madoff was an amateur compared to what's happened since then. And they never caught him either. If he hadn't turned himself in nothing would have happened to him.

boutons_deux
06-24-2013, 04:51 AM
The article doesn't say whether he has any $Ms left after yielding the $42M.

And why wasn't that $42M confiscated as part of his conviction, so he wouldn't have it to bargain with now?

The article doesn't say whether he's barred from the securities/financial industry/profession for life.

mouse
06-25-2013, 04:21 AM
What exactly did this man do that the banks and mortgage company's didn't do and got a full pardon from Obama?

The dude already got fucked in the ass time to move on go after Halliburton and and Monsanto.