PDA

View Full Version : Has your hatred for Pop and/or Manu subsided?

DeadlyDynasty
06-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Not a question for the "aww shucks, just happy to be there" variety of spurfan--rather the spurfans who were livid at #5 being pissed away by sloppy passes and shady substitutions. Does it still stick in your craw?

Bill_Brasky
06-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Never hated either.

Poolboy5623
06-22-2013, 02:53 PM
The turnovers...mainly from turnobili will always bother me, when thinking about the spurs. Pop didn't have any turnovers...while Duncan should have been in the game, there's no guarantee he even is able to get the rebound. When the heat needed boards, they got them, with or without Duncan on the floor. Plus he wasn't doing anything in the second half of that game..

spurraider21
06-22-2013, 02:55 PM
I proudly wore my Ginobili jersey all day Friday, if that answers your question

Poolboy5623
06-22-2013, 02:56 PM
I proudly wore my Ginobili jersey all day Friday, if that answers your question

"Coping mechanism."

RD2191
06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Pop fucked up. I can't blame Manu. It was Pop's decision for him to play. He should of beched him.

spurtech09
06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Never hated either.
same here......everyone makes mistakes.....mad yes but never had hate for neither one

elmanutres
06-22-2013, 02:59 PM
i hated manus guts on game 6 and 7 but when he did something great i was exited. but he threw the series away and i'm pissed off for that but i can't totally hate him. i understand father time finally knocked on his door and he really did try his best. he still brought 3 here so i can never hate him too much. still love the guy.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I've been over it but I'll never forgive Manu and Pop for costing Timmy his 5th ring. People can say it's a team sport and cherry pick excuses but I don't give a sh*t. Manu's pathetic performance in the finals cost us #5. Manu only played in Game 5 and Game 7 (too little too late).

rayray2k8
06-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Nah.. Spurs fans are one of the most spoiled fans in the NBA. Yes, it sucks that they were close to winning it, but that's basketball for you. Fortune was on
the Heats side and the Spurs just got some bad luck down the stretch. Need to improve on a few things and hope they get can somehow
get back.

P.S
Fuck yo' 28 seconds
:lol

SA210
06-22-2013, 03:06 PM
:lol so called 'Hall of Fame' coach benched his Hall of Fame player and best rebounder and also didn't foul. And that's all she wrote.

Sorry Timmy, the coach that rode your coattails screwed you royally. Not to mention all the other bs lineups throughout lol

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Not till Ginobili learns to stop jumping in the air and then throwing the ball to the other team. It's simply inexcusable.

TXstbobcat
06-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Without Pop and Manu we don't have 4 championship banners hanging in the rafters in the AT&T center.

spursfan09
06-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Those ginobili turnovers were unbelievable. Talk about legacies being tarnished. His had to have taken the biggest hit. Can't trust him to take care of the ball.

spurraider21
06-22-2013, 03:10 PM
"Coping mechanism."
No. In fact in the moments after the buzzer, rather than feeling crushed/devastated (I think game 6 made me numb to pain), I found myself appreciating the team and sincerely hoping Manu comes back

DeadlyDynasty
06-22-2013, 03:22 PM
No. In fact in the moments after the buzzer, rather than feeling crushed/devastated (I think game 6 made me numb to pain), I found myself appreciating the team and sincerely hoping Manu comes back
If it's any consolation, I sincerely hope he comes back too

silverblk mystix
06-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Not a question for the "aww shucks, just happy to be there" variety of spurfan--rather the spurfans who were livid at #5 being pissed away by sloppy passes and shady substitutions. Does it still stick in your craw?

Manu gets a pass in my book - but Pop should have retired after 2007 - and/or stepped back to the front office and hired a young coach who can make playoff game adjustments.

Pop has his moments and can be a decent regular season coach - but every young coach from Scotti Brooks, Lionel Hollins, Alvin Gentry, Spoelstra, has schooled him since. Every curve that every novice coach threw at Pop - Pop kept swinging for fastballs - thinking that his "system" his "corporate knowledge" was superior to actually being flexible and coaching "in the moment"

Fuck Pop.

DPG21920
06-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Never hated Manu, but I still resent him for this deep down.

jestersmash
06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Never had hatred for Pop. He's always taken Duncan out of similar situations because he likes to switch everything, and it's worked for him in the past. I don't blame him for taking Duncan out. That was part of the plan, and he stuck with it.

My disdain for Manu has not subsided, nor will it ever. My respect level for him was a 9.5/10 before this year's playoffs. It's dropped to an 8/10 after what happened. Clearly, I still respect him immensely for his overall body of work, but it's unlikely that my respect for him will ever climb back to 9.5/10 (or higher). "Hatred" is 3/10 or lower, for me. Clearly, I don't "hate" Manu overall, but his atrocious overall performance has certainly tarnished his reputation (slightly) in my eyes.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 03:37 PM
If it's any consolation, I sincerely hope he comes back tooSeriously... do you meant it in a bad way? I hope Manu retires or takes a reduced roll and little pay. Kawhi has taken his place as the Big 3.

jestersmash
06-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Had Manu shown the balls to take whatever open shot was given to him in games 6 and 7, even if he ended up going 7-20 from the field or something, my respect for him would've only dropped from a 9.5/10 to a 9/10.

In my eyes, he shied away from the moment. It's as if he'll take a couple of shots early on in the game, and if they're not falling he'll stop looking for his shot altogether. That was key in leading to his 8 turnovers in game 6. The teammates he was trying to pass to were well guarded. He wasn't (Tony was the one being trapped as the primary ball handler during these games after Manu started playing next to him). He had open shots and he gave them up in lieu of passing to well guarded teammates.

In game 5, luckily he made his first 3 (well, long 2), so he didn't feel shy about taking open shots or semi-contested "good" shots when given to him.

I expect someone like Danny Green to shy away from the moment when he hits a mini-slump. I never expected that from Manu.

SA210
06-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Manu gets a pass in my book - but Pop should have retired after 2007 - and/or stepped back to the front office and hired a young coach who can make playoff game adjustments.

Pop has his moments and can be a decent regular season coach - but every young coach from Scotti Brooks, Lionel Hollins, Alvin Gentry, Spoelstra, has schooled him since. Every curve that every novice coach threw at Pop - Pop kept swinging for fastballs - thinking that his "system" his "corporate knowledge" was superior to actually being flexible and coaching "in the moment"

Fuck Pop.

:tu Pretty much

HI-FI
06-22-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm not as angry at Manu. I've been saying all season on here that he looks shitty, possibly done. My problem has been more with his fanboys for spinning his unreliability over the years. Now my feelings on pop are pretty bad, just because there appears to be no accountability.

Johnny RIngo
06-22-2013, 03:57 PM
I think of Pop as a joke. Have since 2006. He's considered great in NBA circles mostly because every other coach in the NBA is a fucking moron.
My hate for Manu will never subside tbh. All the Spurs needed from him was to play average...not even star level production and he still couldn't manage that. Instead, he puts together one of the worst Finals performances of all-time for someone paid 14 million. I hope he never makes it into the Hall of Fame.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I think of Pop as a joke. Have since 2006. He's considered great in NBA circles mostly because every other coach in the NBA is a fucking moron.
My hate for Manu will never subside tbh. All the Spurs needed from him was to play average...not even star level production and he still couldn't manage that. Instead, he puts together one of the worst Finals performances of all-time for someone paid 14 million. I hope he never makes it into the Hall of Fame.Ouch... can't argue against that.

KaiRMD1
06-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Never hated either, was just really angered at their choices. It's all good, what's done is done and now I have a summer to enjoy.

texmich
06-22-2013, 04:09 PM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff455/KiddPriszz/HellNaw.gif

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Not till Ginobili learns to stop jumping in the air and then throwing the ball to the other team. It's simply inexcusable.

This.

I suspect this only happens when he retires.

Seriously....did the mob threaten his kids or something? Absolutely brain dead Finals for him. Completely out of character...

SA210
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
My hate for Manu will never subside tbh. All the Spurs needed from him was to play average...not even star level production and he still couldn't manage that. Instead, he puts together one of the worst Finals performances of all-time for someone paid 14 million. I hope he never makes it into the Hall of Fame.

Damn lol I can't be that harsh on Manu, but he did struggle very badly. I saw that as Pop not handling Manu correctly or not benching him when he needed to. Spot on, on Pop :tu

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2013, 04:13 PM
I agree with jester about Manu, tbh..I was begging for him to shoot the ball more, rather than keep turning it over by making poor passing decisions..Parker shot 6-23 and most people here defended his chucking, Ginobili would have had the same pass if he was missing shots rather than turning it over..

I still give him a pass, though..he's old and he has struggled all year..

I'll never forgive Pop, tbh, especially after seeing how giddy he looked when congratulation Lebron and Three, along with his post-game comments of "the better team won"..smh, tbh..

HEBsteaks
06-22-2013, 04:15 PM
They are both great, but lost a little bit of something in my book. Manu could have easily scaled it back and prevented game 6 from happening. He played sloppy and out of control many times during the playoffs. It was clear, and instead of realizing it and slowing it down, he kept his foot on the pedal and reached Maximum Turnobili. I understand he is one of the greatest competitors in the NBA, but there are no excuses for that performance. He has great court vision and bball IQ, but I think one of his weaknesses is that his heroic risk taking isn't controllable.

Pop lost some points as well. I understand making some quick in the moment decision can be difficult, but some of them aren't excusable.

-How can these players continue through 7 games and never learn to cover, or not leave a 3pt shooter open? These were sharpshooters from 3 point range. The worst part of it was that the help they gave wasn't even helpful as LeBron or whoever already had 2 or 3 guys on him. Does he not call them out? Enforce discipline?
-Not trying to get Kawhi more involved in the offense when TP, Manu, Green and Neal weren't bringing anything to the table, mainly in game 6 and 7.
-Not trying to find a spark from the bench, kind of the same as above.
-Kawhi and Duncan were the only rebounders on the Spurs, and deciding to bench them at the same time?
-NOT taking Manu out early in game 6 and replacing him with ANYONE else.
-Taking out and benching a player or lineup right after it started to work or get a little run.
-TP allowed to play hero-ball even when it wasn't working only to drain all of his energy by running around w/ the ball for 20 seconds.
-Benching TP and Duncan for "better match ups", which led to TP sitting with SuperManu Turnobili running down the court and Tim our best rebounder sitting. I understand that he had done this successfully before in the past, but he could have stuck him on the worst shooter.
-Plus whatever else I'm forgetting.
-He is stubborn, lacks in game adjustments and out coached himself.

They are both great and have brought lots of great wins, championships and memories to this team and fans, but I can't forgive or forget.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-22-2013, 04:16 PM
I was disgusted in them for game 6, and since my loyalty mainly is with Tim Duncan, I hate a moment of hatred, but I've gotten over it. If Tim forgives them, then so do I.

skulls138
06-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Never hated either.Me neither and honestly have more hate for the haters.

SA210
06-22-2013, 04:17 PM
I agree with jester about Manu, tbh..I was begging for him to shoot the ball more, rather than keep turning it over by making poor passing decisions..Parker shot 6-23 and most people here defended his chucking, Ginobili would have had the same pass if he was missing shots rather than turning it over..

I still give him a pass, though..he's old and he has struggled all year..

I'll never forgive Pop, tbh, especially after seeing how giddy he looked when congratulation Lebron and Three, along with his post-game comments of "the better team won"..smh, tbh..

smh, what a choke master Pop is

ElNono
06-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Never hated either.

CitizenDwayne
06-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Anyone who claims to be perfectly fine with Ginobili after his 8 TO's and bricked clutch FT is lying to themselves or insane.

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 04:20 PM
They are both great, but lost a little bit of something in my book. Manu could have easily scaled it back and prevented game 6 from happening. He played sloppy and out of control many times during the playoffs. It was clear, and instead of realizing it and slowing it down, he kept his foot on the pedal and reached Maximum Turnobili. I understand he is one of the greatest competitors in the NBA, but there are no excuses for that performance. He has great court vision and bball IQ, but I think one of his weaknesses is that his heroic risk taking isn't controllable.

Pop lost some points as well. I understand making some quick in the moment decision can be difficult, but some of them aren't excusable.

-How can these players continue through 7 games and never learn to cover, or not leave a 3pt shooter open? These were sharpshooters from 3 point range. The worst part of it was that the help they gave wasn't even helpful as LeBron or whoever already had 2 or 3 guys on him. Does he not call them out? Enforce discipline?
-Not trying to get Kawhi more involved in the offense when TP, Manu, Green and Neal weren't bringing anything to the table, mainly in game 6 and 7.
-Kawhi and Duncan were the only rebounders on the Spurs, and deciding to bench them at the same time?
-Taking out and benching a player or lineup right after it started to work or get a little run.
-TP allowed to play hero-ball even when it wasn't working only to drain all of his energy by running around w/ the ball for 20 seconds.
-Benching TP and Duncan for "better match ups", which led to TP sitting with SuperManu Turnobili running down the court and Tim our best rebounder sitting. I understand that he had done this successfully before in the past, but he could have stuck him on the worst shooter.

They are both great and have brought lots of great wins, championships and memories to this team and fans, but I can't forgive or forget.

I should make this post my signature. This is right on.

my heart hurts most for Leonard though......such a lion....

Floyd Pacquiao
06-22-2013, 04:26 PM
I still have resentment towards Pop. For game 6 and for not getting Kawhi more involved on offense.

SA210
06-22-2013, 04:35 PM

HEBsteaks with the goods :tu

TrainOfThought5
06-22-2013, 05:59 PM
my unyielding, burning fury after game 6 has cooled considerably.

we cant expect Ginobili to last forever like Duncan.... its not like he wasnt giving effort. he just isnt who he used to be. nothing he, or Pop can do about it.

speaking of Pop. he had no other options. Heat D tightened. our shooters went cold. Big 3 ran out of gas. if you asked me before the series began what would happen, i probably would have told you something similar would occur.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Never had hatred for Pop. He's always taken Duncan out of similar situations because he likes to switch everything, and it's worked for him in the past. I don't blame him for taking Duncan out. That was part of the plan, and he stuck with it.

Why didn't he go with Splitter then. He's fast enough to switch and stay with the guard and still make it a difficult shot. People forget his defense on Conley in the WCF. We lost his defensive help when Pop decided he could play better small ball than Spoelstra.

therealtruth
06-22-2013, 06:18 PM
smh, what a choke master Pop is

To me it's clear beyond a doubt Pop isn't as good as PJ. PJ would never have choked a game away like that. I would love for the Spurs to go after PJ.

SA210
06-22-2013, 06:47 PM
To me it's clear beyond a doubt Pop isn't as good as PJ. PJ would never have choked a game away like that. I would love for the Spurs to go after PJ.

I don't even like PJ, but I know we'd have at like 3 more Championships with him.

kemak
06-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Was anyone else as mad at Gary Neal as I was? All finals he was shooting the most ridiculous crap.

HemisfairArena
06-22-2013, 08:30 PM
No hatred. But is it time for both to retire? Yes.

HI-FI
06-22-2013, 09:36 PM
It is crazy to think that even with Pop's mistakes, if Manu had even an average series we win this in possibly 5. this was an epically shitty series for Manu. And while I previously blamed pop for not pulling him, I suppose I can't blame Pop for having faith in Manu to deliver on the biggest stage over more awestruck guys. Ginobili's game 6 will be like Roberto Beningni at the oscars, something u will have to turn off years later.

texmich
06-22-2013, 09:51 PM

Yea, tell these suckas!!! http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cheering-in-Crowd-EVO-2012.gif

Agloco
06-22-2013, 09:58 PM
:lol Most subtle DD troll job yet. It's a good bit of artistry tbh. :lol

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Was anyone else as mad at Gary Neal as I was? All finals he was shooting the most ridiculous crap.Like Manu wasn't doing it either.

Skull-1
06-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Was anyone else as mad at Gary Neal as I was? All finals he was shooting the most ridiculous crap.

One good game out of seven...

3 Legged Dog
06-22-2013, 10:38 PM

I could've gotten past the athletic turnovers. The choking at the free throw line cost us the 5th banner.