PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Pau for Stat Padder

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Rondo F-Bombed Rivers; Two Almost Fought

One piece of information that has not come out during the alive/dead/alive/dead Celtics-Clippers trade talks is Rivers’ motivation in wanting to leave the Celtics.

It isn’t just that he doesn’t want to be a part of a rebuilding situation; it is because he has an intense dislike for point guard Rajon Rondo.

A source close to the Celtics tells Chris Sheridan of SheridanHoops.com that Rondo dropped an F-bomb on Rivers in the locker room during a team meeting, and Rivers went after Rondo and tried to fight him before the fracas was broken up.

LINK (http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/22/rondo-f-bombed-rivers-two-almost-fought/)

The Nash experiment has failed horrifically to say the least. Despite having size and out rebounding their opponents at least 85% of the time, the Lakers were often ran out the gym and flat outhustled by scrub teams. The cHeat took a chapter out of the Bulls' playbook and have shown us the blueprint for winning in today's NBA: strong perimeter defense, speed, and athleticism. As we saw, a team with size was often negated due to suffocating perimeter defense - which made it hard for these teams to utilize their size advantage. Speed kills.

That being said, it's time to jettison Pau. As we've seen in The Gift!, expiring contracts are extremely valuable. Rebuilding teams don't necessarily want equal value back in terms of talent. Prime example: Kwame's $11M contract netted the Lakers Pau. What can Pau's expiring $19M net the Lakers? Rondo.

He ran RA out of town. From the above link, it looks like Doc is next. I could give two shits about his 'tude. He's still a top 5 PG - who also is a good defender. In this new perimeter oriented NBA, he could be a major piece towards making LA a contender again.

Do it Mitch (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c7seekw)

Thread
06-23-2013, 01:01 AM
I'd do it in a heart beat. Rondo is a winner. Pau has been bled out and can play no longer. But, Ainge knows this without being told. It will never happen. Frankly, I don't believe anybody will fall for Pau. We're stuck with him

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2013, 01:01 AM
No thanks.

ElNono
06-23-2013, 01:04 AM
I wonder how Rondo fits in 'Run and Gun'...

lefty
06-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Yeah Rondo the guy who dribbles the ball for 22 seconds sharing backcourt duties with Kobe

Do it Mitch

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Is his acquisition based on the assumption of Kobe taking a reduced role? Kobe can't co-exist with a ball dominant PG. He plays best alongside a Fisher/Chalmers style PG.

Rondo also can't shoot, which is a huge limitation to have in today's NBA with spacing being so important. Hell, the Spurs almost won the title packing the paint because they didn't believe Wade and James could beat them from the outside.

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 01:07 AM
I wonder how Rondo fits in 'Run and Gun'...
He can't shoot, but he can run the fast break easily. He's in his prime too - unlike TOSB Nash.

ElNono
06-23-2013, 01:08 AM
He can't shoot, but he can run the fast break easily. He's in his prime too - unlike TOSB Nash.

You mean when he's not dribbling the ball for 22.5 seconds and hesitating to take a shot?

ElNono
06-23-2013, 01:09 AM
But to be fair, if you keep Bible Kemp, Cancer and D'Antoni, Rondo would be the least of your concerns...

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Is his acquisition based on the assumption of Kobe taking a reduced role? Kobe can't co-exist with a ball dominant PG. He plays best alongside a Fisher/Chalmers style PG.

Rondo also can't shoot, which is a huge limitation to have in today's NBA with spacing being so important. Hell, the Spurs almost won the title packing the paint because they didn't believe Wade and James could beat them from the outside.
Avery Johnson couldn't shoot in 1999 and Rondo couldn't shoot in 2008. They both still rang.

Kobe will have to adjust. He'll come back slowly (I'm thinking January time frame). By that time Rondo would have put footprint on the Lakers' offense. Kobe would have to get in where he fit in.

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 01:11 AM
You mean when he's not dribbling the ball for 22.5 seconds and hesitating to take a shot?
:lol - not in SS:lolL offense.

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 01:12 AM
No thanks.
Why not son, tbh?

Thread
06-23-2013, 01:14 AM
I'm goin' to couch, El has me all snortin' and wanting to hit somebody and I only have the one option. & I hate to wake her up to hit her.

Night fellows.

MeloHype
06-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Hack-a-rondo

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2013, 01:17 AM
Why not son, tbh?
He's coming off injury, is another cunty personality, and much like Dwight he'll be obselete once he loses his athleticism. I'd love Paul George, though

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Avery Johnson couldn't shoot in 1999 and Rondo couldn't shoot in 2008. They both still rang.

Kobe will have to adjust. He'll come back slowly (I'm thinking January time frame). By that time Rondo would have put footprint on the Lakers' offense. Kobe would have to get in where he fit in.

Very different NBA back then, even as recent as 2008. The Heat teaming up caused a paradigm shift.

Rogue
06-23-2013, 05:30 AM
We're gonna have 30m cap space which will be more appealing to those teams who're set to start rebuilding and shopping their stars around as we speak, because we will be able to swallow padder's salary without sending nothing in return which means an instant financial relief. We just don't have no interest in that stat padder, at all

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2013, 06:01 AM
i take rondo on the spurs, just for the fact that he dribbles the ball for 22seconds compared to parkers 23seconds, that extra 1second is the difference chucking up a bad shot to chucking up a real bad shot

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Lakerfans can only dream, no way are they getting a top 5 PG for a TOSB with vaginal cramps.

Thread
06-23-2013, 06:44 AM
^You got within' 5 seconds of an NBA Title with a tired old shit bag.

Anything is possible.

Michael Jordan.
06-23-2013, 06:54 AM
LkrFan would be a worse GM than me

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 07:02 AM
^You got within' 5 seconds of an NBA Title with a tired old shit bag.

Anything is possible.

Like the Lakers giving up a 20+ point lead in the Finals ON THEIR HOME FLOOR with Kobe, the GOAT closer, Bryant in his prime and losing by 39 in a close-out game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjOy7fRzs0

Will Hunting
06-23-2013, 10:47 AM

Rondo was a role player in 2008 who was on the bench in the 4th quarter of important playoff games because guys like Eddie House and Sam Cassell didn't fuck up their spacing. The role Rondo had on the 2008 Celtics is the biggest role he's ever going to have on a championship team.

Will Hunting
06-23-2013, 10:47 AM

:lmao:lmao

Will Hunting
06-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Very different NBA back then, even as recent as 2008. The Heat teaming up caused a paradigm shift.

In 2008 the emphasis on spacing was already necessary, he's just conveniently forgetting how much Rondo was off the court in close playoff games that year. They also had PJ Brown on the court over Perkins at crucial moments because of the spacing he provided.

Suspect
06-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Rockets will take Rondo imho

Thread
06-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Like the Lakers giving up a 20+ point lead in the Finals ON THEIR HOME FLOOR with Kobe, the GOAT closer, Bryant in his prime and losing by 39 in a close-out game.

Exactly. Only difference now? You can empathize.

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Exactly. Only difference now? You can empathize.

At least Spurs went out fighting, your hero Kirby quit in 04,06,07,08.

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
. :lol

Killakobe81
06-23-2013, 12:53 PM
In 2008 the emphasis on spacing was already necessary, he's just conveniently forgetting how much Rondo was off the court in close playoff games that year. They also had PJ Brown on the court over Perkins at crucial moments because of the spacing he provided.

Astute observations. You stilla prick but great points. I dont think you win a title with Rondo as one of your two best players. As a third or 4th best, like he was in 2008 then you have something.

Killakobe81
06-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Rockets will take Rondo imho

Rox is taking: Dwight, CP3, Rondo AI it is gonna be like NBA2k tbh ...

Thread
06-23-2013, 01:21 PM
At least Spurs went out fighting, your hero Kirby quit in 04,06,07,08.

Your Rodman quit as well. You've nary room. Your Diaw & Jackson too.

Bynumite
06-23-2013, 01:29 PM
A starting 5 with MWP, Howard and Rondo with the only legit threat outside the paint being Kobe?

Sounds fun especially in D'antoni's anti post offense.

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2013, 02:42 PM
I'd do it in a heart beat. Rondo is a winner. Pau has been bled out and can play no longer. But, Ainge knows this without being told. It will never happen. Frankly, I don't believe anybody will fall for Pau. We're stuck with him

seems you and Kobe are on the same page...great minds think alike....Kobe and Rondo in the backcourt is a game changer in the west....He instantly becomes the best PG (outside of Parker) in the West....mainly because he can do it all..and he's a great defender...

"You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

"What guard have you seen at his size that will get you 18 assists, 17 boards and 20 points all in one game? That's unheard of. I love that kid. I always make a point of talking to him during All-Star [Weekend]. He's one of my favorites."

AchillesHeel
06-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Your Rodman quit as well. You've nary room. Your Diaw & Jackson too.

To be honest, as bad as the Spurs finished Game 6, nothing was worse than losing in 04 with 4 HOFs to that Pistons squad. Rapist shooting his team out of games, Shaq and Phil going against him, but your ol' buddy Dr. Jerry Buss kept Kobe safe and shipped em' out.

Phil Jackson called out Kobe numerous times, remember this?

“To be completely fair, there were a couple things I did over the years to alienate Kobe. The most glaring example was the interview I gave in 2001 to Rick Telander, a writer I knew in Chicago. Rick asked if I believed Kobe was the heir apparent to Michael Jordan. Assuming, naively in retrospect, that a conversation after the official interview was off the record, I mentioned to Rick that I had been told that in high school Kobe “sabotaged” games to keep them close enough for him to dominate at the end. Needless to say, the quotes appeared verbatim in Rick’s story, sparking a major uproar. (Kobe has never forgiven me. Last Spring, during a particularly acrimonious team meeting, Rick Fox complained to Kobe and Shaq. “The thing that hurts us about this season,” Fox said, “is that both of you have acted like you’re apart from us, and that we’re not any good. We have won championships for each other, sacrificing, and all of a sudden, you turn your backs on us.” Shaq, clearly affected, began to respond when Kobe cut him off. “Quit your crying,” Kobe said. I then jumped in. “Kobe, you’re as much to blame as Shaq is, if not more.” “You’re the one who should f***ing talk,” he said. “You said I sabotaged games.”“From what I understand, the defining characteristic of Kobe’s childhood was his anger”
“I’m not going to take any shit from Shaq this year,” Kobe blurted out. “If he starts saying things in the press, I’ll fire back. I’m not afraid to go up against him. I’ve had it.”
“Since the charges were made, Kobe has been treated remarkably well by the Lakers organization and the fans. He gave his press conference at Staples with our blessing, and we have agree–once we attained permission from the league to make sure the funds wouldn’t be applied to the salary cap–to cover a percentage of his private plane expenses to and from Colorado for court hearings. This will cost thousands of dollars. Kobe was unhappy with the type of plane that was selected; he wanted one with higher status. He should feel fortunate he’s not footing the whole bill himself.”
Kobe to the press: “I definitely don’t need advice on how to play my game,” he said “I know how to play my guard spot. He can worry about the low post”
“Why don’t the two get along? I have my theories, one of which is that Shaquille is making the type of money, about $25 million a year, that Kobe will never earn due to the changes in the league’s collective bargaining agreement. No matter how many MVP trophies Kobe might collect in the decade ahead, there is nothing he can do about this discrepancy. In fact, the word I got was that Kobe was the only player in the entire league who voted against the agreement because of the cap it put on salaries.”
“This was another example of the basic difference between him and Kobe. Ask Shaq to do something and he’ll say: “No, I don’t want to do that.” But after a little pouting, he will do it. Ask Kobe, and he’ll say “okay,” and then he will do whatever he wants.”
http://www.donyell.net/detroit/kobe2.jpg“Kobe’s defense, to be accurate, has faltered in recent years, despite his presence on the league’s all-defensive team. The voters have been seduced by his remarkable athleticism and spectacular steals, but he hasn’t played sound, fundamental defense. Mesmerized by the ball, he’s gambled too frequently, putting us out of position, forcing rotations that leave a man wide open, and doesn’t keep his feet on the ground.”
“After the gun sounded, Kobe went over to Devean, berating him for not calling timeout when the play broke down. Kobe was right but he was wrong to reprimand his teammate on the court, in front of the crowd and the cameras.”
“Worse yet, Kobe and I had gotten into it earlier in the game after he threw a poor pass that Anthony stole, resulting in a Denver layup. “You can’t make that pass,’ I told Kobe when he came off the floor in the next timeout. “Well, you better teach those motherf***ers how to run the offense,” he said. I sat him down on the spot. “Watch your mouth,” I said.

baseline bum
06-23-2013, 03:50 PM

LOL, it'd be like Payton/Bryant all over again.

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 05:08 PM
N:lolt possible son. You're the Un-GOAT GM and it's not even close.

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 05:15 PM
LOL, it'd be like Payton/Bryant all over again.
:lol - Payton was 43 years old. The Payton that played for the Lakers was as bad as D Fish defensively. Bad comparison son.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 05:22 PM
:lol - Payton was 43 years old. The Payton that played for the Lakers was as bad as D Fish defensively. Bad comparison son.

Gary Payton averaged 20 and 8 with a 21 PER the year prior to joining the Lakers, tbh..

Nash was a 13-11 guy with a 20 PER and great efficiency prior to joining the Lakers..

These guys didn't forget how to play overnight, tbh:lol..

LkrFan
06-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Gary Payton averaged 20 and 8 with a 21 PER the year prior to joining the Lakers, tbh..

Nash was a 13-11 guy with a 20 PER and great efficiency prior to joining the Lakers..

Payton was a 1st option. Nash basically was too. In the playoffs for the Lakers, they were quickly exposed. Billups won FMVP on Payton's TOSB ass. And we saw what TP did to Nash a few weeks ago.

-10 points son :lol

ElNono
06-23-2013, 05:28 PM

It's like they got Cancer or something... :lol

baseline bum
06-23-2013, 05:52 PM

It's like they got Cancer or something... :lol

:cry But Kobe makes his teammates better :cry
:cry Just look at Dwight :cry

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2013, 06:10 PM
:cry But Kobe makes his teammates better :cry
:cry Just look at Dwight :cry

the best educator in the world can't transform a retarded student into Einstein....it just doesn't work....

whitemamba
06-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Did Pau fix his knees yet?

Bynumite
06-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Pau's FG% skyrocketed once he started playing with Kobe, he even started winning playoff games and shit.

Spurfan trying to make Kobe responsible for Nash, Dwight etc. lack of production :lmao Nash and Dwight played the first round not Kobe, so why the sweep always losing by more than 10 points if Kobe was the one holding the team back?

It's not Kobe's fault that Howard is a dumb motherfucker that can't remember a post move or that he has to use a condom every time he fucks a random ho.

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 09:22 PM
if the hornets never traded kobe he would have 0 rings and i wouldn't have to hear about him every day...

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Pau's FG% skyrocketed once he started playing with Kobe, he even started winning playoff games and shit.

Spurfan trying to make Kobe responsible for Nash, Dwight etc. lack of production :lmao Nash and Dwight played the first round not Kobe, so why the sweep always losing by more than 10 points if Kobe was the one holding the team back?

It's not Kobe's fault that Howard is a dumb motherfucker that can't remember a post move or that he has to use a condom every time he fucks a random ho.

Pau's game skyrocketed in the triangle, obviously..his numbers without Kobe in the triangle were just as good, if not better when Kobe was out of the lineup, tbh..

The past 2 seasons, without the triangle and with Kobe, Gasol has posted his worst and 3rd worst efficiency seasons of his career:lol..

Bynumite
06-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Pau's game skyrocketed in the triangle, obviously..his numbers without Kobe in the triangle were just as good, if not better when Kobe was out of the lineup, tbh..

Apparently still not good enough to win a playoff game without Kobe tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, Kobe is a better player than Gasol, congratulations:lol..

Kobe's supporting cast in 2005 was probably better than Pau's Memphis casts and he missed the playoffs, to be fair..

Bynumite
06-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I understand, it's hard out there without Kobe attracting double teams and spoon feeding you for open jumpers but 0-16 in the playoffs without Kobe is straight up trash.

King Nupe
06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
The problem with spurs fans and Kobe haters is that they look at stats instead of RESULTS....If duncan had Kobe instead of Parker, Ginobli and Manu, the spurs would've won. That is undeniable.

That 2004 Finals team was missing Malone to injury, Kobe had the Rape Case, The pistons had a top 5 all time defense, and Payton didn't fit with the system. Saying stuff like..."The year before his stats were.." is rediculous...

The spurs didn't win the 97 Championship. Why not? THE YEAR BEFORE, robinson averaged 20-10....thats a rediculous statement. Its what they do now, not last year...

Thread
06-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I understand, it's hard out there without Kobe attracting double teams and spoon feeding you for open jumpers but 0-16 in the playoffs without Kobe is straight up trash.

...& broke Media's heart. They so wanted Pau, Howard and Nash to make a statement sans Kobe.

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 10:00 PM
...& broke Media's heart. They so wanted Pau, Howard and Nash to make a statement sans Kobe.

What did you think about Nash quitting midway through the series?

Thread
06-23-2013, 10:03 PM
What did you think about Nash quitting midway through the series?

I wasn't surprised. Once they found out they couldn't function without Kobe they all more or less quit.

midnightpulp
06-23-2013, 10:04 PM
I wasn't surprised. Once they found out they couldn't function without Kobe they all more or less quit.

Except little Andrew Goudelock. He played with some heart.

Thread
06-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Except little Andrew Goudelock. He played with some heart.

& Artest represented well.

LkrFan
06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
*** Bumped in lieu of the proposed blockbuster trade ***

Do it Mitch. And try to squeeze a #1 out of Ainge while you're at it. :toast

AchillesHeel
06-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Boston is going tank mode with that trade, Lakers gonna rob the C's blind and give them Pau in return. Maybe as a 3rd team of that blockbuster, sending Humph and Rondo to LA for Pau.

Rogue
06-28-2013, 12:08 AM
giving Rivers the green light to LA already marked the start of the rebuilding process imho, and this time it's gonna be longer and more painful than last time because they don't have a real franchise player (like pierce) to build around