PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Clippers Start Contract Negotiations With Scott, Shaw

irishock
06-23-2013, 01:08 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers have started contract discussions with both Byron Scott and Brian Shaw, and talks with Scott are ongoing.
"They are getting there," an NBA executive said. "But they are still talking."
The Clippers have also interviewed Lionel Hollins for their head coach opening, but the two sides have not discussed a contract.
The Clippers are still holding out hope that they can land Doc Rivers from the Boston Celtics.
"The Clippers haven't identified a final candidate," an executive said.

:lmao :lmao if they hire Byron Scott

Venti Quattro
06-23-2013, 01:09 AM
:lmao :lmao hiring former Lakers

ElNono
06-23-2013, 01:09 AM
lol cheap Sterling

apalisoc_9
06-23-2013, 01:10 AM
Good Good..

It's nice to have these teams making one dumbass decision from another.

Makes it a lot easier for the spurs.

lefty
06-23-2013, 01:11 AM
They should hire Shaw as their HC not Scott imo

adonis827
06-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Would Chris Paul like to play for Byron Scott again?

Rogue
06-23-2013, 05:14 AM
when they can only hire black coaches (assuming that Paul stays), they have a really limited range of options imho

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Like I said before, even if Doc is available, the only reason why the Clips may not go for him is due to his price tag. Sterling doesn't care much about the Clippers unlike Arison, Jerry Buss, Cuban, Alexander. The franchise has seen improvements over the last 2 years, but at the end of the day, Sterling has other business priorities, and he's a penny pincher. This was the dude at one point decided to keep only 8 players in his roster and didn't pay for assistanr Huges medical bill. Maggette, kaman and I think jaric all paid for Kim Hughes medical bills :lol

My favorite though

"In his first season as the team's owner, Sterling asked head coach Paul Silas if he thought they really needed a trainer.
What initially sounds as if it could be nothing but a joke, Sterling took it to the next level by asking Silas if he could tape players up himself before games"

:lol

He's all about the bottom line dollars.

Anyway, Scott is not really a step up than Vinny. He's better, but only marginally. BScott got to the finals twice when the east was the weakest it's ever been and he was carried by his coaching staff tbh, particularly Lawrence Frank who was an excellent assistant tbh. I think Sterling really wants Brian Shaw, but behind closed doors, CP3 is against the hiring and wants a more established coach, perhaps Hollins or Scott if Doc is not available.

Killakobe81
06-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Byron Scott is not horrible. CLips were not winning a title even i fPhil was the coach as currently built. IF Clips could land KG, Dwight keep Paul even if they lose Bledsoe, Blake and DJ would be instant contenders. KG, Dwight (if healthy) would anchor a defense that only a healthy Bulls and focused Heat could rival tbh.
I dont get why Doc was the focus get KG, Dwight and keep Cliff Paul. There will be less lobs but more winning if they do.

CLips would have a PF that can hit jumpers and is a beast in defending pnr ...Paul harrasing ball handlers and and Dwight protecting the paint.

Michael Jordan.
06-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Byron Scott is not horrible. CLips were not winning a title even i fPhil was the coach as currently built. IF Clips could land KG, Dwight keep Paul even if they lose Bledsoe, Blake and DJ would be instant contenders. KG, Dwight (if healthy) would anchor a defense that only a healthy Bulls and focused Heat could rival tbh.
I dont get why Doc was the focus get KG, Dwight and keep Cliff Paul. There will be less lobs but more winning if they do.

CLips would have a PF that can hit jumpers and is a beast in defending pnr ...Paul harrasing ball handlers and and Dwight protecting the paint.

Too bad that would never happen... Paul and the Monkeys will remain pretenders.

Clipper Nation
06-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Not a fan of Scott, but CP3 is apparently close friends with him, which is why he's in the mix.... Shaw would be a great hire, tbh....

baseline bum
06-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Like I said before, even if Doc is available, the only reason why the Clips may not go for him is due to his price tag. Sterling doesn't care much about the Clippers unlike Arison, Jerry Buss, Cuban, Alexander. The franchise has seen improvements over the last 2 years, but at the end of the day, Sterling has other business priorities, and he's a penny pincher. This was the dude at one point decided to keep only 8 players in his roster and didn't pay for assistanr Huges medical bill. Maggette, kaman and I think jaric all paid for Kim Hughes medical bills :lol

My favorite though

"In his first season as the team's owner, Sterling asked head coach Paul Silas if he thought they really needed a trainer.
What initially sounds as if it could be nothing but a joke, Sterling took it to the next level by asking Silas if he could tape players up himself before games"

He's all about the bottom line dollars.

Anyway, Scott is not really a step up than Vinny. He's better, but only marginally. BScott got to the finals twice when the east was the weakest it's ever been and he was carried by his coaching staff tbh, particularly Lawrence Frank who was an excellent assistant tbh. I think Sterling really wants Brian Shaw, but behind closed doors, CP3 is against the hiring and wants a more established coach, perhaps Hollins or Scott if Doc is not available.

Sterling really needs to be removed from the league; what a piece of shit.

baseline bum
06-23-2013, 01:21 PM

Byronn Scott is pretty bad. I remember him blowing all his team's timeouts in about a 3-4 minute stretch in Game 6 of the 03 Finals. It really pissed Kidd off to the point that he said his big-headed son could have done a better job coaching the team than Scott.

Thread
06-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Shaw must have cooties.

tee, hee.

Killakobe81
06-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Too bad that would never happen... Paul and the Monkeys will remain pretenders.

Probably. I dont get the fascination with stars uniting without thinking of "fit" or makeup of the team. Celts worked in 2008 Because Ray was the shooter Paul the one on one player and KG spear-headed the defense. That was not just 3 stars teaming up but a great fucking fit. Miami has not fit that well but they have the best player on the planet, and a star in Wade that can still erupt from timetotime.

Sure KG is old and Tbh Blake has more upside on offense than Dwight, but Clips need less lobs and more defense and half-court execution that does not revolve around CP3 having to create every shot. Dwight is still limitedin the half-court but he can dunk, sets great screens and Paul and KG pnr would be deadly, since KG can "pop" and hit that jumper.

Clipper Nation
06-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Stern should force him to sell like he did to the Maloofs, tbh....

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2013, 01:25 PM

:lol Agree but that's not going to happen, unless he dies due to natural causes or OD. He's probably one of the very few owner that can seriously break rules or troll league rules with little repercussions. Its either Stern just never really cared for the franchise or Sterling and Stern are great off season golf buddies.

Michael Jordan.
06-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Probably. I dont get the fascination with stars uniting without thinking of "fit" or makeup of the team. Celts worked in 2008 Because Ray was the shooter Paul the one on one player and KG spear-headed the defense. That was not just 3 stars teaming up but a great fucking fit. Miami has not fit that well but they have the best player on the planet, and a star in Wade that can still erupt from timetotime.

Sure KG is old and Tbh Blake has more upside on offense than Dwight, but Clips need less lobs and more defense and half-court execution that does not revolve around CP3 having to create every shot. Dwight is still limitedin the half-court but he can dunk, sets great screens and Paul and KG pnr would be deadly, since KG can "pop" and hit that jumper.

If the Clippers hire Shaw, then they may be heading toward SOME signs of competence. But I think they're gonna fuck this up and hire Scott.

Killakobe81
06-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Byronn Scott is pretty bad. I remember him blowing all his team's timeouts in about a 3-4 minute stretch in Game 6 of the 03 Finals. It really pissed Kidd off to the point that he said his big-headed son could have done a better job coaching the team than Scott.

But he was pretty young then, young coach's mistake. Vogel made plenty this year and Spo did the same in 2011 ...
I dont think he is great but he is OK, stil think the talent needs to be changed up.

Clips are like the 1998 and 1999 Lakers great talent but no clue how to harness it. I dont think Scott is that coach but even Phil saw that Eddie Jones and others needed to go ... for better fitting pieces..

Clipper Nation
06-23-2013, 01:28 PM
If the Clippers hire Shaw, then they may be heading toward SOME signs of competence. But I think they're gonna fuck this up and hire Scott.
Imho, if that faggot Scott gets hired, it's more likely because of CP3 trying to hook his golf buddy up with a job, at which point I'll just accept that he doesn't really care about winning titles.... prove me wrong, Chris!

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Byronn Scott is pretty bad. I remember him blowing all his team's timeouts in about a 3-4 minute stretch in Game 6 of the 03 Finals.

Yeah, that was comical and Scott was tremendously overwhelmed by the situation. He was clueless really.

It really pissed Kidd off to the point that he said his big-headed son could have done a better job coaching the team than Scott.

He was a 4chan favorite years ago thats for sure lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2013, 01:46 PM
But he was pretty young then, young coach's mistake. Vogel made plenty this year and Spo did the same in 2011 ...
I dont think he is great but he is OK, stil think the talent needs to be changed up.

Clips are like the 1998 and 1999 Lakers great talent but no clue how to harness it. I dont think Scott is that coach but even Phil saw that Eddie Jones and others needed to go ... for better fitting pieces..

Coach scott was no better in NOH tbh. Owner of the biggest beat down in NBA history iirc. it was so bad. it made the guiness book of record
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-8000/highest-margin-of-victory-in-an-nba-playoff-game/

no wonder cp3 doesn't want any part from this dude. bitter memories tbh

and he wore his welcome quite early in cleveland with kyrie :lol

baseline bum
06-23-2013, 01:49 PM

Man, I just don't see Blake as anything close to O'Neal. I don't think the team is all that talented outside of Paul.

Thread
06-23-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't think the team is all that talented outside of Paul.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/028/6/4/dat_bum__by_zhack_isfaction-d4nuo84.png

Killakobe81
06-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Man, I just don't see Blake as anything close to O'Neal. I don't think the team is all that talented outside of Paul.

Oh I dont think they are THAT good they have no O'Neal or Kobe ...but the NBA is weaker right now too ...maybe I should of compared them to Kings or Blazers but ppoint being they need a better fitting pieces rather than just talent Lakers subtracted better talent NVE, Jones, Elden and eventually Rice ...for vets like Shaw, Harper and Fox. and increased roles for Fisher and Horry.

Kai
06-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Negro plz

StrengthAndHonor
06-23-2013, 02:27 PM
To be honest, Clippers chances of winning a title with this roster will be like a shot in the dark. The coach doesn't really matter as I stressed before.
There are realistic Clipper fans, fans that stuck with the franchise before CP3/BG arrived and then there are those who joined in 2010 who thinks CP3+ Griffin and role players will bring the Clippers a championship.

Most Clipper fans are attached to Blake, and rightfully so. He's the only positive pick the franchise had since like forever and he's a nice guy with a lot of potential. Additionally, its always good to see a player your team drafted, developed grow and flourished to an NBA Star.

But If I'm allowed to take calculated risks and forget about sentiments for a minute. I'd do the Dwight for Griffin trade. While Dwight doesn't also guarantee championship, if they're both healthy, I'll roll the dice and give CP3 and Dwight a 3 year window to get it done, and I think they could.

Rogue
06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Scott wouldn't be a bad choice for a team that's set to be a playoff tean with 2nd round being the ceiling, but never mind hiring him as the coach of a championship contender. Clippers would be a contender if they could get done every proposed deal (KG, Pierce, DH) but there's no world of reality where that could come true, so that Byron Scott may not be a bad choice for them Clippers after all