PDA

View Full Version : Sports bettors, I need to know what site is giving SA the least chance of winning.

apalisoc_9
06-23-2013, 01:43 AM
Help Please.

I'm putting a 1000 dollars on my spurs winning the championship for next year. I've never felt this confident with the spurs since 2007.

KaiRMD1
06-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Same here, information will be very much welcome

unforeseen
06-23-2013, 04:34 AM
That will be the same as flushing $1000 down the drain.

Juggity
06-23-2013, 04:48 AM
Being confident in a team does not translate to that team being likely to win a championship. They will either win or lose independent of your bet, based on a number of completely uncontrollable factors including injury, fatigue, scheduling, seeding, the relative strength of the rest of the conference, etc.

At best they have maybe a 20-30% chance of making the finals again. 10% chance of winning a title. Health is the biggest question mark of all.

It would be pretty dumb to lay down $1000 for something that has such a small likelihood of realization.

rascal
06-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Being confident in a team does not translate to that team being likely to win a championship. They will either win or lose independent of your bet, based on a number of completely uncontrollable factors including injury, fatigue, scheduling, seeding, the relative strength of the rest of the conference, etc.

At best they have maybe a 20-30% chance of making the finals again. 10% chance of winning a title. Health is the biggest question mark of all.

It would be pretty dumb to lay down $1000 for something that has such a small likelihood of realization.

10% is not that bad depending on the payoff.

Juggity
06-23-2013, 11:05 AM
10% is not that bad depending on the payoff.

Sure, it's better than winning the lottery, but when you're investing $1000, there's still a 90% chance you lose it all.

To me, that's too much. Maybe OP is rich though.

Kidd K
06-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Actually, if you're going to be flushing your money down the toilet on lottery tickets anyway, it's a better bet with a much larger chance of a payout.

Of course, it's stupid to waste your money on lottery tickets anyway. Gambling in general is a net losing proposition over time in almost every single scenerio. But hey, if you don't care if you lose it. . .go ahead.

I'm less sure the Spurs will win next year than I was this year tbh. Manu is almost completely unreliable when it matters now and Duncan may decide to coast for the rest of his career now after being let down so hard by multiple teammates. I would not blame him at all after how hard the dude has worked for years getting back into miracle old man shape to try and get a title only to be fucked by guys who clearly didn't work very hard.