PDA

View Full Version : Titans....run first

Avante
06-23-2013, 05:27 AM
While that could work I can't see it working with a 190 pound speed back like Chris Johnson. That sort of mind set would be more suited for a team like the Steelers who has four 230 pound plus backs on their roster. With young stud Le' Veon Bell at 244. They could make it work.

Big backs do take a toll on a defense. By the middle of the third quarter a big back starts getting six instead of three, they start breaking off those twenty yard runs, yep, the D is hurting. Most DB's hate dealing with big backs.

I love the idea just not with a team like the Titans featuring a speed back. They do have a monster in Quinn Johnson at 263 pounds but can he run? He went to LSU but I can't recall him carrying the ball.

Spur-Addict
06-23-2013, 09:25 AM
He's their best offensive player, so they should feature the guy in some way shape or form. I like Justin Hunter a lot, that was a nice selection.

djohn2oo8
06-23-2013, 09:56 AM
He's their best offensive player, so they should feature the guy in some way shape or form. I like Justin Hunter a lot, that was a nice selection.

Wont matter. Jake Locker is still their QB :lol

Raven
06-23-2013, 11:07 AM
they should be a lot better this year. Loeker will probably suck, but they should be at least respectable until next year when they should draft a real unathletic QB.

Avante
06-23-2013, 11:32 AM

Maybe so just not betwen the tackles.

Justin Hunter is explosive, one of the many Tenneseee track/footballers, he was a long jumper.

benefactor
06-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Perhaps this will be the year that Bud Adams falls down a flight of stairs right after he finds out he has colon cancer.

Avante
06-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Perhaps this will be the year that Bud Adams falls down a flight of stairs right after he finds out he has colon cancer.

That was a stupid thing to say.

benefactor
06-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Your opinion. Many Houston football fans have the same feelings.

Spur-Addict
06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Maybe so just not betwen the tackles.

Justin Hunter is explosive, one of the many Tenneseee track/footballers, he was a long jumper.

Ran for 2,000 in a season, some of it had to be between the tackles. May not be his best ability, but it's not out of the realm of possible.

Yes, Hunter did do track, and he already had a knee surgery if I'm not mistaken.

Spur-Addict
06-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Wont matter. Jake Locker is still their QB :lol

:lol

Yes, the jury is still out on Mr. Locker.

Avante
06-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Your opinion. Many Houston football fans have the same feelings.

Hoping somebody gets cancer over football? Come on man.

Avante
06-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Ran for 2,000 in a season, some of it had to be between the tackles. May not be his best ability, but it's not out of the realm of possible.

Yes, Hunter did do track, and he already had a knee surgery if I'm not mistaken.

Running backs age quickly, the pounding they take...whoa~~~

Yep, he did have an injury had to give up track. As of right now he's faster than Johnson.

Spur-Addict
06-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Running backs age quickly, the pounding they take...whoa~~~

Yep, he did have an injury had to give up track. As of right now he's faster than Johnson.

Age they do, faster than most other positions. But he will have more weapons this year getting Kenny Britt back, having a more experienced Kendall Wright, the addition of Hunter of course, and Greene for some of the between the tackles running. Granted, Greene isn't a premier back, but neither was L. White.

Avante
06-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Age they do, faster than most other positions. But he will have more weapons this year getting Kenny Britt back, having a more experienced Kendall Wright, the addition of Hunter of course, and Greene for some of the between the tackles running. Granted, Greene isn't a premier back, but neither was L. White.

And I would have the 226 pound Greene doing the pounding. Try to get Johnson out in space whe hisspeed can make a difference.

No doubt the Titans have more weapons than they've had in awhile which makes me wonder where this...run first....came from?

Spur-Addict
06-23-2013, 10:10 PM
And I would have the 226 pound Greene doing the pounding. Try to get Johnson out in space whe hisspeed can make a difference.

No doubt the Titans have more weapons than they've had in awhile which makes me wonder where this...run first....came from?

Probably to make things easier on Locker ala Peterson for Ponder. Although Petersons power to run between the tackles separates him from Johnson. But with some new speed on the outside, and Britt returning, they're probably looking to make things as easy as possible for the young QB. And as we all know you need diversity in your attack. But why pass first with Locker? He doesn't seem at that level yet. This year should help him along if he is ever going to become the definitive "guy".

Avante
06-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Probably to make things easier on Locker ala Peterson for Ponder. Although Petersons power to run between the tackles separates him from Johnson. But with some new speed on the outside, and Britt returning, they're probably looking to make things as easy as possible for the young QB. And as we all know you need diversity in your attack. But why pass first with Locker? He doesn't seem at that level yet. This year should help him along if he is ever going to become the definitive "guy".

That makes sense even if it is a slap in the young guys face. Now if it works and the Titans turn things around watch other teams follow suit. I have no doubts if you have the backs that can work in the NFL. Defending the run totally beats up a defense if you have those pounders. Hell, pound on them for three quarters then when they are staggering around...throw.

Of course that's not really helping a young QB mature.

Spur-Addict
06-23-2013, 11:06 PM
That makes sense even if it is a slap in the young guys face. Now if it works and the Titans turn things around watch other teams follow suit. I have no doubts if you have the backs that can work in the NFL. Defending the run totally beats up a defense if you have those pounders. Hell, pound on them for three quarters then when they are staggering around...throw.

Of course that's not really helping a young QB mature.

True. But you can gradually release the reins.