PDA

View Full Version : Clips, Celts reach deal for Rivers

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Sources: Doc Rivers Headed To Clippers > http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9415256/los-angeles-clippers-clips-agree-principle-doc-rivers-deal-sources

BatManu20
06-23-2013, 05:55 PM
And how is this relevant to us tbh. I don't see LAC suddenly being better than us. They can't trade for KG now (according to Marc Stein, Stern won't allow it). I doubt the rumored trade of Griffin and Bledsoe to the Lakers for Dwight has any merit.

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 06:00 PM
And how is this relevant to us tbh. I don't see LAC suddenly being better than us.Vinny Del Negro su*ked balls. He couldn't coach. Now the Clippers should be contenders assuming that Chris Paul resigns. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1179158-10-reasons-vinny-del-negro-is-still-a-problem-for-the-los-angeles-clippers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCgzB5ks8bM

spurraider21
06-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Vinny Del Negro su*ked balls. He couldn't coach. Now the Clippers should be contenders assuming that Chris Paul resigns. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1179158-10-reasons-vinny-del-negro-is-still-a-problem-for-the-los-angeles-clippers

:lmao spamming more bruceblitzed on spurstalk

LakerHater
06-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Clippers will send an unprotected 2015 first-round pick to the Celtics in exchange for Doc Rivers.

06-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Clippers undeniably made a step forward. They are loaded with talent but didn't have a coach who could put it all together. It can't get much worse than Del Negro. Getting a championship coach might finally convince Griffin to work on his game.

phxspurfan
06-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Clippers immediately go from 4-5 team to 1-3 team in the West

exstatic
06-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Stern stops this. He's pretty much already said he would. Under the CBA, it's not allowable to trade a coaches contract.

ElNono
06-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Stern stops this. He's pretty much already said he would. Under the CBA, it's not allowable to trade a coaches contract.

Apparently, the NBA is fine with this as long there's no subsequent deals between these two teams.

ElNono
06-23-2013, 08:28 PM
and lol @ this thing... Doc Rivers is overrated as hell... And what you basically have now is Chris Paul being the acting GM of the Clippers... when he doesn't agree with Doc on something, what's gonna happen?

texmich
06-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey doc welcome to the west, no nets n sixers or bucks here, u dealing with some tough playoff matchups sucka http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1132227/coach.gif

tesseractive
06-23-2013, 08:45 PM
and lol @ this thing... Doc Rivers is overrated as hell... And what you basically have now is Chris Paul being the acting GM of the Clippers... when he doesn't agree with Doc on something, what's gonna happen?

Yeah he's probably overrated by a fair bit. Still way better than VDN. Of course, they could have gotten a coach way better than VDN without giving up a pick. :lol

exstatic
06-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Apparently, the NBA is fine with this as long there's no subsequent deals between these two teams.

LOL @KG. Guess CP3 ain't as worried about getting you as he is stealing your coach.

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Lol.. You can have a good coach but if they players are un-coachable you're not going to get much out of them. Unless Chris Paul becomes a scoring PG he's not going to get out of the 1st 2 rounds with the talent they have on that team.

ElNono
06-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Yeah he's probably overrated by a fair bit. Still way better than VDN. Of course, they could have gotten a coach way better than VDN without giving up a pick. :lol

Bingo. Even Karl would've been a huge upgrade, and you don't have to give up that pick.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure why so many people think the Clippers have enough talent to make the Finals, tbh:lol..

Paul and Griffin is a good 1-2 punch, Crawford is a good 6th man, Bledsoe is a great bench piece, and Barnes/Odom are good bench role players..

Their starting 2/3 is horrible, and their C is DeAndre Jordan:lol..

They are missing the legit 3rd guy that all elite teams have, their frontcourt is average, and their starting perimeter players are really bad..

Sean Cagney
06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure why so many people think the Clippers have enough talent to make the Finals, tbh:lol..

Paul and Griffin is a good 1-2 punch, Crawford is a good 6th man, Bledsoe is a great bench piece, and Barnes/Odom are good bench role players..

They are missing the legit 3rd guy that all elite teams have, their frontcourt is average, and their starting perimeter players are really bad..

What about if they get Pierce and Garnett?

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2013, 09:12 PM

They are missing the legit 3rd guy that all elite teams have, their frontcourt is average, and their starting perimeter players are really bad..Would you swap Tiago Splitter for DeAndre Jordan?

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Then ya, obviously, but they can't get Garnett, and I doubt Pierce goes there now, tbh..

ElNono
06-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Based on what Stern said, KG is out of the Clippers' radar now. The only way they land Pierce is if Boston buys him out, and he then signs with the Clipps as a free agent.

TheGoldStandard
06-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Clippers still in the same boat, the best player doesn't score enough.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Would you swap Tiago Splitter for DeAndre Jordan?

No, and Pop would kill himself if he had to coach Jordan, tbh..

Kidd K
06-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Interesting. Looks like Stern is cock blocking any trade involving KG to the Clippers as he's paranoid it's part of a verbal agreement addendum to the Rivers deal. :lol

I also kinda laughed at the bottom bit. I doubt they were looking to hire Brian Shaw. Seems like nobody wants that guy, they just feign interest so they don't seem racist. I been hearing Brian Shaw for head coach talks for years.

dallasmaverickslose
06-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Vinny Del Negro su*ked balls. He couldn't coach. Now the Clippers should be contenders assuming that Chris Paul resigns. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1179158-10-reasons-vinny-del-negro-is-still-a-problem-for-the-los-angeles-clippers

Bro seriously. 99.99% of the time these videos that you spam on SpursTalk are absolute shit. Do us all a favor and please stop...

racm
06-24-2013, 09:11 AM
How much is Pop being paid a season?

Doc at 7m a year = :lol, though at least Sterling has realized you can't take money to the grave

Ibleedslvrnblk
06-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Just another example of how lame the league is at times. Trading draft picks for coaches? Desperate, win now or else! Pissing away the long term success of the team, oh wait it is the Clippers. I am sure some Spurs fans want to see if we could get a few 1st rounders for Pop. No thanks I will keep him...

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Bro seriously. 99.99% of the time these videos that you spam on SpursTalk are absolute shit. Do us all a favor and please stop...Bro seriously, stop hating on me because I want your favorite player Manu Ginobili gone. Yes I hate Manu and I hope he retires. I hope he brakes his ACL. RETIRE. RETIRE. REITERATE RETIRE X 100.

dallasmaverickslose
06-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Bro seriously, stop hating on me because I want your favorite player Manu Ginobili gone. Yes I hate Manu and I hope he retires. I hope he brakes his ACL. RETIRE. RETIRE. REITERATE RETIRE X 100.

Bro seriously, go fuck yourself.

kobyz
06-25-2013, 04:17 AM
Bad news for the spurs tbh, clippers should be an improve team next year anyway and now with rivers there pop is not longer the best coach in the west and at best only third overall in the entire league after doc and spo... to me it's now make the clippers the favorite to come out of the west, and if the thunder get rid of their mediocre coach that will make the spurs even unlikely of getting to the west final.

timtonymanu
06-25-2013, 04:27 AM
:lol The Spurs as of now are still the best team in the West. The Thunder fucked themselves over by trading Harden. No change of coach will fix that.

And Doc Rivers is overrated. The West will most likely be weak again next season. No need to get emo about it.