PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker & Kawhi Leonard..Utilizing Leonard while Parker is on the floor

apalisoc_9
06-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Since Pop said in his intereview that Kawhi will be getting more touches now, how do you think he would do that with parker on the floor?

A few things I noticed that could prove to be difficult in Kawhi getting touches...

- When Parker is on the floor, the offense would run thru him and kawhi will basically be reduced to spot up shooter.

- Leonard Is the most passive when parker is on the floor

- Tony Is not exactly the best at recognizing mismatches etc.

- If kawhi get's the ball and if they'd give him the ball, tony would have to be one of the spot up shooter which kills the spacing . This is specially true with Splitter-Duncan-Green-Parker-Leonard is on the floor

What adjustment do you think the team needs to do to give leonard the touches when Parker and Leonard plays about 25-30 minutes together?

- I noticed Parker using kawhi on picks a few times. They could try to make kawhi a rollman SF ( Lebron james)

- Possibly try to get at least a good chunk of kawhi's minutes without parker ( Change rotation)

- When Teams swith have kawhi give parker the pick

therealtruth
06-23-2013, 07:59 PM
TP's been the head of the snake for a while and the Spurs haven't done enough to move their fate out of his hands.

texmich
06-23-2013, 08:04 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw7zc5yylf1qdsft1o1_500.gif Like Totally

ElNono
06-23-2013, 08:05 PM
When we needed to get RJ more involved, we ran plays for him... We can do that with Kawhi. He can score off-screens, and I'd like him to keep working on his 3 pointer.

When Manu was younger, we also used to run Isos with him. We can do that with Kawhi too.

Not really worried about this. I trust Pop to make it work.