PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Customer Service Reps and How They SUCK ASS.

MannyIsGod
07-16-2005, 11:35 AM
You know them. You've been pissed off by them. You've been amazed at their stupidity. You've been hung up on by them.

Telephone Customer Service Reps.

I absolutely fucking hate them. I used to be one for Citibank and during that time the intense idiocy that was rapant in many of my coworkers was amazing.

And when they aren't stupid? They are Indian. Actually, sometimes they are stupid AND Indian. And no offense to wonderful people like PakiDan and his mom, but I HATE it when Haji and Habib try to tell me they are Mike and Joe. No, you're not. And no amount of English classes are going to remove that accent so stop trying to feed me bullshit. The truth is as long as you do your name I don't give a damn if you are Indian.

I cannot tell you the amount of times I've called to have something fix something that is fucked up with these companies only to be pissed off more by an incompetent CSR. I've done their job and I realize that it's not hard. Chances are if you're frustrated because people keep yelling at you its because you're pissing them off by fucking things up even more when they call you for help.

Recently, its been Bank Of America. I have a new account, but I'm letting my transactions finish in this one so I can close it. Before? It was Sprint because they are the mother of bad service over the phone.

I've had a lot of problems with Bank Of America and invalid charges on my account. Their claims department has been less than helpful in dealing with this. I've had to jump through hoops to get them to provide the security they love to brag about when you are thinking of opening an account with them.

Well, a couple of weeks ago while at Mandy's, her stupid Pizza Hut charged me for a Pizza that wasn't mine and mine. It really wasn't a big deal; a couple of calls and the money went back into my account this morning. The worst part about it was because of invalid fees BOA had placed on my account, it overdrafted my checking account by a few bucks which brought on ANOTHER fee. I got the invalid fees wavied in the middle of the week, but they would not waive this one because they said they had no way of knowing the charge was incorrect untill they saw the refund.

Well, I check the account today and the refund has posted so I called BOA. Sure enough, the first asshole I get on the phone is giving me a hard time.

"We can't reverse the fee because you didn't go through our claims service, so I have no way of knowing if it was a valid charge."

"Don't you see the refund in the account?"

"Yes, but when you buy something, you can return it later for a refund, so it could be a valid charge and a return."

You guys realize how little tolerance I have for incompetence, and so at this point steam probably started coming out of my ears.

"Let me ask you a question, how many pizzas have you kept for a few days then returned?"

CLICK

The sorry stupid son of a bitch hung up on me. Now by this point, I'm really fucking pissed. So I hit redial on my phone and wait on hold for another five fucking minutes.

A nice young girl picked up and I told her how pissed I was. I probably sounded pretty irritated by this point, but I told her I wasn't pissed at her just at the incompetent fool that had hung up on me.

Go through and explain the story to her once, and she immediatly waived the fee. I finished the call by thanking her a bunch of times and apologizing if I sounded angry towards her explaining that it wasn't her fault. For me anyhow, I appreciated customers that did that. I knew the kind of fuck ups I worked with and I knew that they were usually screwing things up.

When I was a rep, I had plenty of customer horror stories about idiots and assholes. But as a customer? My stories of idiotic reps are faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more numerous.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-16-2005, 11:42 AM
"Let me ask you a question, how many pizzas have you kept for a few days then returned?"

That right there is probably going to get me through my day. :lol

I can list a number of problems with I've been the caller and when I've been the one answering (I used to work for QVC), but I'll list them when I get to SA.

jalbre6
07-16-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm on the phone right now trying to establish new cable & internet service with Charter and am about ready to throw the phone through the fucking window.

I don't have an HD TV set, so stop trying to sell me that package, OK? She tried to tell me that cable TV plus internet (at only 3 mps, when I have 5 through Comcast for less money) was $104.99, and on their website it's $69.99. And she doesn't believe me.

When I asked her to look it up, she said that they can't access the internet. It's hard to believe that a rep for a cable company doesn't have net access. So the supervisor tells me it's an online only offer, so I told her that I was going to hang up and apply online. Then she says the original rep can take the order, and yes, they have internet access, and she didn't know why the rep told me she didn't.

And the soonest day they can install is July 25th? I don't think the last time I did this I was this annoyed.

MannyIsGod
07-16-2005, 12:11 PM
The reason I love blogging; comiseration is only a google search away.
http://weblogs.livingreflections.com/001919.php
http://www.benstanfield.com/thrash/2004/01/bank_of_america.html
http://www.jayallen.org/journey/2004/07/bank_of_america_sucks

Take a little bit from those 3 stories and you have mine.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Let me ask you a question, how many pizzas have you kept for a few days then returned?"

:lmao

SpursWoman
07-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Funny, I've had my Sprint phone for going on 8 years now....and have never had a problem. Until yesterday. And no, that fucker didn't speak English worth a damn. :cuss :flipoff

Clandestino
07-17-2005, 07:45 AM
i know what you mean... the worst customer service ever has been sprint for me... it was some thug dude on the phone. he was all speaking ebonics and just an asshole... then i asked to speak with a manager.. he put a sista on the line and she was even more rude! i couldn't fucking believe... i ended losing my temper and cursing her out using a few choice words.. then she hung up... then i had to called cingular! they have been awesome...

re: indians
i had to call compaq or dell..can't remember which one... either way, the dude didn't understand, after 2 days of him not understanding he finally said, "oh, i understand, hold please." and BOOM! he transferred me back to the automated message at the beginning!!!!!

Johnny Tightlips
07-17-2005, 01:51 PM
who says i been talkin' to customer service

Johnny Tightlips
07-17-2005, 01:52 PM
who says i been talkin' to customer service

AlamoSpursFan
07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I recently had a billing problem with my corporate (key word here) AMERICAN Express account. Called the 1-800 number on the back of the card, you guessed it. I got one of the three Habibs from the Married With Children episode where Al gets to run the athletic shoe store.

What part of "I DON'T PAY THE BILL, CORPORATE DOES!" doesn't translate to the Indian language?

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-17-2005, 03:11 PM
I recently had a billing problem with my corporate (key word here) AMERICAN Express account. Called the 1-800 number on the back of the card, you guessed it. I got one of the three Habibs from the Married With Children episode where Al gets to run the athletic shoe store.

What part of "I DON'T PAY THE BILL, CORPORATE DOES!" doesn't translate to the Indian language?

"The"

Ginofan
07-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Well, a couple of weeks ago while at Mandy's, her stupid Pizza Hut charged me for a Pizza that wasn't mine and mine. It really wasn't a big deal; a couple of calls and the money went back into my account this morning. The worst part about it was because of invalid fees BOA had placed on my account, it overdrafted my checking account by a few bucks which brought on ANOTHER fee. I got the invalid fees wavied in the middle of the week, but they would not waive this one because they said they had no way of knowing the charge was incorrect untill they saw the refund.

That's because I told them you were mexican.