PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe: "I can see myself playing for another 3 or 4 years

djohn2oo8
06-24-2013, 09:18 AM
SportsCenter ✔ @SportsCenter (https://twitter.com/SportsCenter)
"I could see myself playing another 3 or 4 years," -@kobebryant (https://twitter.com/kobebryant) to Brazilian TV station.

racm
06-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Except Achilles injuries are practically career-ending...

boga
06-24-2013, 09:28 AM
he'll definitely be back but i'm not sure that he can still play for 3-4 years at a high level

djohn2oo8
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
he'll definitely be back but i'm not sure that he can still play for 3-4 years at a high level
He thinks he can. And he won't be taking a discount on his next extension :lol

Clipper Nation
06-24-2013, 09:32 AM
:lmao Lakers
:lmao Kirby gonna be making $40 mil a year for the next 4 years
:lmao Kiss that vaunted 2014 Plan goodbye

UZER
06-24-2013, 09:33 AM
the daily espn story, blurb, headline per par.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2013, 09:36 AM

:lmao I'm kinda hoping Dwight stays so he has to play out his next contract with Kobe

jeebus
06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm sure Kirbs will take one for the team and not sign another $30m per year contract. It'll probably be for around $27-28m per year.

Ashy Larry
06-24-2013, 09:56 AM
brutal......

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 10:02 AM
His body maintenance would allow him to do that -- taking into consideration the Achilles heel tear, which was a freak accident. LA should offer him around $10 million to not a dollar over $12 million so that he could finish his NBA career in LA. Then he could spend his forties as a washed-up spear chucker in Italy, Spain or some place in Europe.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 10:03 AM

:lol You root for the Clippers. You shouldn't be laughing at anyone, PERIOD, you LeBron cocksucker :lol

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 10:06 AM
brutal......
Maybe it is, but the guy has given so much for LA that we should give him the 3-4 years. He's gonna be in his 18th year with the franchise next season. Of course he should understand the basketball and business side. The FO cannot pay him a huge sum for the remaining 3-4 years. Flexibility and contingency plans will suffer.

If he could average 15 to 20, 5, 5 in the twilight of his career, I would fuckin' take that.

midnightpulp
06-24-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm sure watching Lebron ringing got his competitive juices flowing.

Ashy Larry
06-24-2013, 10:16 AM
that's the problem. True he has meant alot to the franchise but the Lakers are fools if they're gonna pay this dude 20-30 mil at that age coming off that injury; and Kobe should take no more than ten million .......

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 10:17 AM

While nursing his torn Achilles from Orange County. As a heated rival, that stings a lot.

jeebus
"Not in this lifetime"

- Kirby's achilles

UZER
I'm not sure Kobe's injury was as bad as reported. Just sayin...

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 10:18 AM
"Not in this lifetime"

- Kirby's achilles

"NO means NO"

- Kobe's Achilles

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 10:19 AM
that's the problem. True he has meant alot to the franchise but the Lakers are fools if they're gonna pay this dude 20-30 mil at that age coming off that injury; and Kobe should take no more than ten million .......

$10 mil is okay, $12 mil should be their maximum. But agree, around $8-10 million should be the ideal ballpark.

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure Kobe's injury was as bad as reported. Just sayin...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1139011/original.jpg

Ashy Larry
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
ouch .......

StrengthAndHonor
06-24-2013, 10:51 AM
I'd say 3 yr 45 million deal. Nigga Kob really wants that All Time Scoring Leader crown. He's on pace for missed FGA by any player in NBA history, might as well get something out of it :lol

Clipper Nation
06-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Kirby actually already owns the all-time career bricks record if you include the playoffs, but I'm sure he'll want to be padding that over the next 4 years :lol

CitizenDwayne
06-24-2013, 11:04 AM
:lol:lol:lol if you guys really think Kobe's taking a pay cut

StrengthAndHonor
06-24-2013, 11:13 AM
He has to take a pay cut if he wants to stay with the Lakers. And if you think someone out there will actually pay him $30 mil/per then youre delusional like him.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
06-24-2013, 11:15 AM

I actually think was Duncan who motivated him.

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 11:23 AM
He has to take a pay cut if he wants to stay with the Lakers. And if you think someone out there will actually pay him $30 mil/per then youre delusional like him.

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/400x/23394823.jpg
http://www.easymemes.com/uploads/memes/7597_g2XRzTtzocPFvDz.jpg
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/400x/24741087.jpg
http://memecrunch.com/meme/7VH5/i-dont-always-make-trades/image.png

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Kobe's message to Dwight:

"If you were even considering resigning with us, just know that you're going to the beta around here for another 3 or 4 years."

dunkman
06-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Kobe's message to Dwight:

"If you were even considering resigning with us, just know that you're going to the beta around here for another 3 or 4 years."

Dwight is gone tbh . . .

UZER
06-24-2013, 02:07 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1139011/original.jpg

and?

Thebesteva
06-24-2013, 02:08 PM

My issue with Kobe is the fact that he does NOT know how to distribute the ball as his talents are fading. If he become a 2nd or 3rd option on a talented team he could very well win #6. The problem is he refuses to be anything less than option #1

Thread
06-24-2013, 02:12 PM
My issue with Kobe is the fact that he does NOT know how to distribute the ball as his talents are fading. If he become a 2nd or 3rd option on a talented team he could very well win #6. The problem is he refuses to be anything less than option #1

Cite somebody who {{{has}}}, or, {{{realistically}}} can supplant him.

The big shots had their opportunity VS. San Antonio and found it wasn't so fucking easy. So, after Game 1 they took up the excuse/injury/limping card and made their reservations in the South Pacific.

Fuck them. Big shots.

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 02:14 PM
and?

I'm sorry, did you miss the ruptured achilles being sown together?

ElNono
06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
tbh, at least Cancer makes sure to have the fetuses implants done, etc... guys like Nash and Dwight quitting is just disgusting, IMO...

Thread
06-24-2013, 02:17 PM
tbh, at least Cancer makes sure to have the fetuses implants done, etc... guys like Nash and Dwight quitting is just disgusting, IMO...

...you didn't have such a high & mighty opine when Diaw quit and helped you to within a 1/2 minute of an NBA Title.

Faker.

ElNono
06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
...you didn't have such a high & mighty opine when Diaw quit and helped you to within a 1/2 minute of an NBA Title.

Faker.

Diaw have been playing 4 years in the Bobcats and worn his welcome by the time he quit, he also quit and didn't go back there.

We're talking the alleged "future of the franchise" here, and a 2x MVP... and this happening when your top soldier went down...

I know you agree with me Culby... I've seen you talk about this in other posts...

Kobe agrees too... that moment he walked in crutches, the message was clear as a day...

Thread
06-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Diaw have been playing 4 years in the Bobcats and worn his welcome by the time he quit, he also quit and didn't go back there.

We're talking the alleged "future of the franchise" here, and a 2x MVP... and this happening when your top soldier went down...

I know you agree with me Culby... I've seen you talk about this in other posts...

Kobe agrees too... that moment he walked in crutches, the message was clear as a day...

The Diaw thing was dirty and you know it. I have no problem with it. I'd do the same thing. You guys just fancy yourselves beneath such behavior and you're not. You've raped. You've swapped wives. You've enticed & signed players. You've thrown players out the door because of shit (Jackson).

You've nary room. You are as dirty as the next asshole in the line.

ElNono
06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
The Diaw thing was dirty and you know it. I have no problem with it. I'd do the same thing. You guys just fancy yourselves beneath such behavior and you're not. You've raped. You've swapped wives. You've enticed & signed players. You've thrown players out the door because of shit (Jackson).

You've nary room. You are as dirty as the next asshole in the line.

Hell yeah it was dirty. And, if true, what Jack did puts him squarely as top douchebag.

But, IMO, you walk away after you pull a dirty like that. You don't stick around.

And I'm saying this despite the fact I'd love Jim to go all in on the fake christian...

Relevancy
06-24-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't see Kobe taking more, I see him taking less, taking into account his a vet and all of that I doubt he takes more money if that means having a better Laker squad, I also don't see him being the primary scoring option anymore, you guys actually think he wont settle for a lesser role? Geez, talk about wishful thinking. We will enjoy some more Kobe for a few years.

Killakobe81
06-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Dwight is gone tbh . . .

Thank God

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't see Kobe taking more, I see him taking less, taking into account his a vet and all of that I doubt he takes more money if that means having a better Laker squad, I also don't see him being the primary scoring option anymore, you guys actually think he wont settle for a lesser role? Geez, talk about wishful thinking. We will enjoy some more Kobe for a few years.

I think Kobe could adjust like Timmy has, let the younger guys do the dirty work and contribute big when needed, save your own legs and allow your team to win more games.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 05:43 PM
He's not retiring until he gets every record possible. Bet on it. He cares too much about his legacy.

Rogue
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
does it mean he's gonna jack up 50+ shots every game to maintain his superstar statline. Dude's ego is so huge I don't see how he's gonna accept a minor role on his team like Duncan does, I can imagine him living in a nursing room at age 90 something and still wanting to manicure his toe nails by himself.

boga
06-25-2013, 05:48 AM

agree. but he'll never accept to be the 2nd or 3rd option. from now on he'll see his career as a challenge. "can i still win it?"

but i should say that, i would do the same as kobe. ain't that easy to fall from the top

jag
06-25-2013, 06:11 AM

You could have said this 3 years ago and it would have been true.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2013, 07:07 AM
so MJ has a problem with lebron chasing after his GOAT status, but has no problem with kome breaking his records and total accumulative career stats? lmao MJ

AchillesHeel
06-25-2013, 01:06 PM
so MJ has a problem with lebron chasing after his GOAT status, but has no problem with kome breaking his records and total accumulative career stats? lmao MJ

Kobe has 5 pippen rings and 1 mvp

Lebron has 4 mvps, 2 fmvp,2 titles, comparable stats

unless Kobe goes on a tear and wins 2 more fmvps and goes 96-98 MJ on the league he ain't gotta worry, Lebron on the other hand is 28 and can win a couple of more mvps and rings, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd say 3 yr 45 million deal. Nigga Kob really wants that All Time Scoring Leader crown. He's on pace for missed FGA by any player in NBA history, might as well get something out of it :lol

spot on...3 yr 45 @ 15mil/yr perfect scenario and well worth it..dude was balling out of control last season at his age...I guess some people forget..Nash missed a shitload of games, Pau missed a shitload of games, Dwight missed games and was basically still recovering on the job...Kobe put in work to his detriment...he's still a top 5 player and h proved it...if he wanted to he could have easily led the league in scoring

Leon Black
06-25-2013, 01:26 PM
:lol You root for the Clippers. You shouldn't be laughing at anyone, PERIOD, you LeBron cocksucker :lol

:lol

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Lebron has 4 mvps, 2 fmvp

Make the playoffs.

Win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

AchillesHeel
06-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Make the playoffs.

Win the last game you play.

There is nothing else.

Agreed, but people that debate about these things nitpick every little detail, tbh.

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Agreed, but people that debate about these things nitpick every little detail, tbh.

That's because they watched in abstract horror last Thursday nite.

*But, at least for once your people didn't claim it was a "blessing in disguise."

Michael Jordan.
03-20-2014, 12:35 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kUXK6azldF0/UE5YveZFI7I/AAAAAAAACy8/xBXs1gccHFA/s1600/crazy-laughter.jpg

Clipper Nation
03-20-2014, 12:43 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kUXK6azldF0/UE5YveZFI7I/AAAAAAAACy8/xBXs1gccHFA/s1600/crazy-laughter.jpg

poeticism707
03-20-2014, 05:57 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Relevancy
03-20-2014, 06:25 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kUXK6azldF0/UE5YveZFI7I/AAAAAAAACy8/xBXs1gccHFA/s1600/crazy-laughter.jpgYou have a problem bitch?