PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Unless Kobe Restructures His Contract We're Not Winning Again

Koolaid_Man
06-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm not even sure it can be done and even if it could I'm not saying he should..I'm just recognizing the fact that unless we get lucky (like the Spurs did making the finals this season) it's unlikely we get to six with his exorbitant salary. It's just like KG's first 7 yrs in Minny...he made all the money and never won...I'm not sure what bag of tricks my guy has left but after the back2back he basically stopped working hard in the gym and tried to win more titles on his rep..I saw when he started to do this...I've been following him my whole career...(oops his whole career) and I could tell he slacked off in the gym a bit and just wasn't as focused and driven...Every year he used to come back with something new to his game...he would bulk up or do something extreme..but after we defeated Boston contentedness settled upon him and he tried to coast...I never said anything to anyone about it but I saw what he was doing...he was just tired and wore down...but I'm hoping he can pull out that old 2006 poisonous snake vial and drink it down just like True Blood...we need him one more time...just one...pass Magic and all his hating ways and I'm good....forever

Amen

Thebesteva
06-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Kobe fucked the Lakers over by not taking a pay cut. I think in a league where guys like Dirk and Lebron are taking pay cuts to win, it's amazing to me that a guy worth approximately $200 million dollars wants to max out every penny from the Lakers before he retires.

Look over at Tom Brady, the guys competitive nature kills him so much he took pay cuts to win. If Kobe does not restructure his contract then he will not win. But I guarantee you, I would bet my life on it, that Kobe will come back next season and deal with alot of 'nagging' injuries. Then he will see the Lakers are not really playoff contenders anymore much less title contenders and he will miss alot of games next year then announce his retirement.

It's gonna be such a lame ass year next year for Laker fans IMO.

Koolaid_Man
06-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Kobe fucked the Lakers over by not taking a pay cut. I think in a league where guys like Dirk and Lebron are taking pay cuts to win, it's amazing to me that a guy worth approximately $200 million dollars wants to max out every penny from the Lakers before he retires.

Look over at Tom Brady, the guys competitive nature kills him so much he took pay cuts to win. If Kobe does not restructure his contract then he will not win. But I guarantee you, I would bet my life on it, that Kobe will come back next season and deal with alot of 'nagging' injuries. Then he will see the Lakers are not really playoff contenders anymore much less title contenders and he will miss alot of games next year then announce his retirement.

be careful guy..this is not a pile on Kool's guy thread...I'm just making a small observation...:lol I don't he restructures..he's calculating what the final Nessa Payment will be...so I don't think he'll restructure

StrengthAndHonor
06-24-2013, 11:58 AM
I think Kobe will take a pay cut. He's not dumb, his agent knows it and the Lakers brass knows it. He's what? 37 going into his next contract.? My guess is $15 mil yr/3 yrs or $40 mil/2 yrs.

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Kobe can't re-structure his contract, because it is not allowed by the CBA.

Kobe's contract will be up, and the Lakers will give him a blank check and he'll put whatever number he wants on it, probably like 60 million for 2 years.

Riddler
06-24-2013, 12:01 PM
I think Kobe will take a pay cut. He's not dumb, his agent knows it and the Lakers brass knows it. He's what? 37 going into his next contract.? My guess is $15 mil yr/3 yrs or $40 mil/2 yrs.

Riddle for you. When has Kobe EVER been unselfish?

StrengthAndHonor
06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
HAHA
Good one. But tbh, this is not up to Kobe, at age 37, he has no bargaining power, I'm sure the Lakers are also ready to move forward with a new face of their franchise. Like I said, Lakers will give him a rich offer given his legacy and importance in LA. If Kobe thinks its too low, he can test the FA market at which point he'll realize no one is crazy enough to offer more. He'll come back crawling to the Lakers, unless he feels slighted and plays for less riding coattails/ring chasing.

Thread
06-24-2013, 12:04 PM
I grudge him nary a thin red cent. Last Thursday nite is a lesson, a primer, a living testament of what rings mean and how they can be & are conveyed. Whatever Bryant can get is jake with me. Without him we're stuck at 14PERIOD & I ain't here. It was Kobe who made the old man get up out of his rocking chair and act like somebody. Just because Media didn't grab me by the nose and lead me to that truth don't mean it didn't happen. It happened, just like that.

I ain't forgetting that. I ain't ever forgettin' that.

Thread
06-24-2013, 12:06 PM

17 June 2010 when you rose up to see him launch at the key. And he didn't. He straightened out Artest faster than a rabbit gets fucked.

StrengthAndHonor
06-24-2013, 12:06 PM
So, it was Kobe who cured your erectile dysfunction?:lol

Thread
06-24-2013, 12:07 PM
So, it was Kobe who cured your erectile dysfunction?:lol

I wish.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2013, 12:23 PM
HAHA
Good one. But tbh, this is not up to Kobe, at age 37, he has no bargaining power, I'm sure the Lakers are also ready to move forward with a new face of their franchise. Like I said, Lakers will give him a rich offer given his legacy and importance in LA. If Kobe thinks its too low, he can test the FA market at which point he'll realize no one is crazy enough to offer more. He'll come back crawling to the Lakers, unless he feels slighted and plays for less riding coattails/ring chasing.
Still, the Lakers would take A LOT of heat from the fanbois to where if Kobe were to play elsewhere, the Clippers would be the most bandwagonned team in L.A

Clipper Nation
06-24-2013, 12:47 PM
:lmao if you really think Kirby will sacrifice for the team....

whitemamba
06-24-2013, 12:48 PM
:lmao if you really think Kirby will sacrifice for the team....

like he needs more money?

Bynumite
06-24-2013, 01:02 PM
As long as we have Jim Buss and D'antoni running the show, Kobe's salary is the least of our concerns tbh.

Clipper Nation
06-24-2013, 01:12 PM
like he needs more money?
He doesn't NEED it, but he clearly wants it, judging from how he's currently raping the Lakers to the tune of $30 mil a year :lol

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 01:38 PM
He can't restructure but he can sign for whatever he wants in the summer of '14. But ur stuck with the 30 million tab for the 13-14 season unless they "amnesty THAT"

whitemamba
06-24-2013, 01:40 PM
He doesn't NEED it, but he clearly wants it, judging from how he's currently raping the Lakers to the tune of $30 mil a year :lol

before the new CBA, you were ranked by salary tbh.. higher salary better player. Kobe got the highest salary obviously :lol

Thread
06-24-2013, 02:16 PM
As long as we have Jim Buss and D'antoni running the show, Kobe's salary is the least of our concerns tbh.

He insisted on Bynum. They he insisted on Bynum again. Without Jim Buss we're stuck at 14.

Take that Media nose ring outta yer snout & act like somebody, gd it!

Clipper Nation
06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
before the new CBA, you were ranked by salary tbh.. higher salary better player. Kobe got the highest salary obviously :lol
:lol Joe Johnson, Rashard Lewis, and Gilbert Arenas were among the best players in the game by that logic....

Bynumite
06-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Without Jim Buss we're stuck at 14.

Now we're stuck at 16 with clowns running the franchise.

whitemamba
06-24-2013, 02:25 PM
:lol Joe Johnson, Rashard Lewis, and Gilbert Arenas were among the best players in the game by that logic....

bait :lol

Thread
06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Now we're stuck at 16 with clowns running the franchise.

A "clown" does not insist on Bynum not once, but, twice and takes 2 rings because of that insistence.

You're an ingrate.

mercos
06-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Its very hard to put together a good team with one player making $30 million, no matter who it is with the new luxury tax deal. If next year is the last year of the deal, you eat that $30 million hit gladly if you are a Laker fan given all Bryant has done for the franchise. Next year looks like a lost cause anyway. If the Lakers are smart, they let Dwight Howard walk and prepare to make a big free agent push in 2014. If they can make a big splash in free agency, I'll bet Kobe resigns to a more franchise friendly contract in order to chase ring number six.

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Its very hard to put together a good team with one player making $30 million, no matter who it is with the new luxury tax deal. If next year is the last year of the deal, you eat that $30 million hit gladly if you are a Laker fan given all Bryant has done for the franchise. Next year looks like a lost cause anyway. If the Lakers are smart, they let Dwight Howard walk and prepare to make a big free agent push in 2014. If they can make a big splash in free agency, I'll bet Kobe resigns to a more franchise friendly contract in order to chase ring number six.

I agree on this. They'll be stuck in mediocrity with Dwight, unless he learns to shoot FTs and actually learns to post up without fouling.

Killakobe81
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM

Smart man. Even if Dwight signs this team aint even a WCF team unless other moves are made. Sounds silly but Kobe injury may be a blessing especially if Dwight leaves and we can make a big move next off-season. Lakers focus should be 17, not a half-baked attempt at 6 tbh

ElNono
06-24-2013, 05:24 PM
:lol did it really took OP one full year to come this realization?

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 06:10 PM

He's been selfish but he'a not dumb. He's gonna make this move after the third trimester of his $85m contract is up.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 06:12 PM
You are correct. Kobe, Pau ($50 million combined) and everyone come off the books in 2014. If they let Dwight walk they will have so much cap flexibility.

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 06:21 PM
2014 free agents(unrestricted)

Pierce
Deng
Carter
Bogut
Delfino
Granger
Melo(ETO)
Amare(ETO)
Wade(ETO)
Bron(ETO)
Bosh(ETO)
Gortat
Bonner
Jefferson
Lowry
Sessions
Sefolosha

the better choices, not gonna get melo,wade or bron but anyone else on that list will be attainable, could put up a nice, deep roster with a good pick from the 2014 draft and re-sign Kobe,Pau and Hill for cheap.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2013, 06:22 PM
:lmao Sessions
:lmao LkrFan

Just no to Sessions

AchillesHeel
06-24-2013, 06:23 PM
I might have been a bit sarcastic with some of those names on that list.

namlook
06-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Kobe can't re-structure his contract, because it is not allowed by the CBA.

Kobe's contract will be up, and the Lakers will give him a blank check and he'll put whatever number he wants on it, probably like 60 million for 2 years.

No chance that happens. Kobe will take a pay cut in his next contract.

Splits
06-24-2013, 10:30 PM
If Spursfan was mad at Manus $14m contract costing them game 6 of the finals with EIGHT I can't wait to see Faker fan react to Japanese side of beef making $30m and not getting out of round 2. He fucked your franchise, only rational July decisions are 1) amnesty or 2) disabled player exception

You can't rework his 2013-14 deal, dumbass Faker fans.

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Bron aint comin to LA. Melo might. Then Lakers would have a chucker of even higher proportion to Kobe

Rogue
06-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Get his contract completely off the book and you're still 100m over the cap

LeBronWillBeTheGOAT
06-25-2013, 03:48 AM
HAHA Good one. But tbh, this is not up to Kobe, at age 37, he has no bargaining power, I'm sure the Lakers are also ready to move forward with a new face of their franchise. Like I said, Lakers will give him a rich offer given his legacy and importance in LA. If Kobe thinks its too low, he can test the FA market at which point he'll realize no one is crazy enough to offer more. He'll come back crawling to the Lakers, unless he feels slighted and plays for less riding coattails/ring chasing. He Can Take His Talents To South Beach And Play Backup SG To Wade And Pass Jordan In Rings. But At The Same Time, He Would Be Helping LeBron Catch Him

Michael Jordan.
07-18-2013, 06:48 PM
http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

unforeseen
07-18-2013, 07:55 PM
http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/jordan_zpse15b7dbc.gif

Baseline
07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm not even sure it can be done and even if it could I'm not saying he should..I'm just recognizing the fact that unless we get lucky (like the Spurs did making the finals this season) it's unlikely we get to six with his exorbitant salary. It's just like KG's first 7 yrs in Minny...he made all the money and never won...I'm not sure what bag of tricks my guy has left but after the back2back he basically stopped working hard in the gym and tried to win more titles on his rep..I saw when he started to do this...I've been following him my whole career...(oops his whole career) and I could tell he slacked off in the gym a bit and just wasn't as focused and driven...Every year he used to come back with something new to his game...he would bulk up or do something extreme..but after we defeated Boston contentedness settled upon him and he tried to coast...I never said anything to anyone about it but I saw what he was doing...he was just tired and wore down...but I'm hoping he can pull out that old 2006 poisonous snake vial and drink it down just like True Blood...we need him one more time...just one...pass Magic and all his hating ways and I'm good....forever

Amen
I commend you, Kool, for admitting this. Bryant has NEVER taken a penny less. Not once. So how much does he really love the Lakers? That's a huge reason why I can't stand the guy. He says he's all about winning rings, but to me, that's just more stat padding because his actions don't reflect what he's saying. Look, the guy has always been a volume shooter. So at this point in his career, he has to surround himself with more efficient players.

Koolaid_Man
07-18-2013, 08:06 PM
I commend you, Kool, for admitting this. Bryant has NEVER taken a penny less. Not once. So how much does he really love the Lakers? That's a huge reason why I can't stand the guy. He says he's all about winning rings, but to me, that's just more stat padding because his actions don't reflect what he's saying. Look, the guy has always been a volume shooter. So at this point in his career, he has to surround himself with more efficient players.

I was fucking round with that Cali Dro when I penned that shit....there's no truth in it...

Thread
07-18-2013, 09:05 PM
Bryant has NEVER taken a penny less. Not once. So how much does he really love the Lakers?

Enough to sign off on Artest.

DPG21920
07-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Enough to sign off on Artest.

Only to usher him out the door. He's an animal.

whitemamba
07-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Would any of you guys take a pay cut? I doubt it because you are all greedy nig Jews.

Thread
07-19-2013, 07:17 AM
He's an animal.

lmemulatedao!!!

Michael Jordan.
11-25-2013, 12:02 PM
:rollin

Thebesteva
12-26-2013, 01:31 AM

Posting this 6 months before his contract extension...so fucking money

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196fuarapyylmgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 05:19 PM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

Koolaid_Man
03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
times change..I always reserve the right to change my Opinion....even when I lie I still tell the truth

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 05:23 PM
No chance that happens. Kobe will take a pay cut in his next contract.
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

Michael Jordan.
03-18-2014, 05:24 PM

benefactor
03-18-2014, 05:30 PM

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/tumblr_lkbahxSELN1qglrwm.gif

Spur-Addict
03-18-2014, 06:29 PM

:rollin

poeticism707
03-18-2014, 06:42 PM

:toast

Congrads to you, sir.

As good a call an entire year away, as you'll ever see.

mercos
03-18-2014, 11:11 PM

Well, I would have lost that bet, lol.

ElNono
03-19-2014, 12:07 AM

:wow Bestevastradamus

Floyd Pacquiao
03-19-2014, 12:11 AM
lol the date ths thread was made on 6-24

unforeseen
03-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Well, I would have lost that bet, lol.

Thebesteva
03-19-2014, 04:35 PM
:toast

Congrads to you, sir.

As good a call an entire year away, as you'll ever see.

:wow Bestevastradamus

I try to warn my fellow Laker brethren, but they do not listen.

Gummi Clutch
03-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Posting this 6 months before his contract extension...so fucking money

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196fuarapyylmgif/ku-xlarge.gif

Then why don't you whip these other laker nutters into shape?

Actually, they are more like Kobe drones .

Thebesteva
03-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Then why don't you whip these other laker nutters into shape?

Actually, they are more like Kobe drones .

There's not much you can do when 75% of Laker fans think once Kobe+Nash get healthy and we add Wiggins we're back into contention.