PDA

View Full Version : Blazers have interest in Tiago Splitter

Pages : [1] 2

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2013, 03:59 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnCanzanoBFT/statuses/349261659015086081

John Canzano
‏@JohnCanzanoBFT
Source: Trail Blazers have interest in restricted FAs Tiago Splitter & Nikola Peković as potential free-agent signing. More on @750TheGame

Don't know how to embed tweets so there you go.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 04:00 PM
I hope they offer him an outlandish contract and we let him walk tbh.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Lol at the responses to that tweet.... nobody wants to sign Splitter.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2013, 04:01 PM
S&T him with Danny for Aldridge because I can dream.

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 04:04 PM
They made a huge offer to Hibbert and pacers matched it IIRC. They're serious about landing a center

Andthentherewas21
06-24-2013, 04:06 PM
They will go after Pek too. Splitter is going to be their backup plan.

RD2191
06-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Damn, poor Splitter, no one wants him around.

SpursSerb
06-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Minny will probably match any offer for Pekovic.

MeloHype
06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Splitter for Hickson make it happen

crc21209
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Why are the Blazers always in on the Spurs shit? (Ex. Batum). Well, I read the other day that Aldridge is rumored to be traded before the draft. Trade Splitter for Aldridge...:tu

phxspurfan
06-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Why are the Blazers always in on the Spurs shit?

Blazers FO perpetually try to screw the Spurs over. It's in their history.

The Reckoning
06-24-2013, 04:23 PM
:lolden

Ocotillo
06-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Blazers have interest in Tiago Splitter

Of course they do. The ghost of Kevin Pritchard just won't die.

smaka
06-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Don't know how to embed tweets so there you go.

[tweet*]number of the tweet[/tweet*]
without * of course

And I agree with somebody who said Green + Tiago for Aldridge. Do it RC :hat

Brazil
06-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Why are the Blazers always in on the Spurs shit? (Ex. Batum). Well, I read the other day that Aldridge is rumored to be traded before the draft. Trade Splitter for Aldridge...:tu

:lmao yeah right

hooperflash
06-24-2013, 05:00 PM

Libri
06-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Tiago's knees are screaming, "nooooooooooo!" :lol

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:07 PM
I see it as a good thing. They're also trying to move Aldridge, so let's hope the Spurs can put two and two together here...

RD2191
06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Why do the blazers want to move aldridge?

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 05:15 PM

It would take much more than that but that would be a Godsend tbh.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 05:17 PM
[tweet*]number of the tweet[/tweet*]
without * of course

Substitute Bonner for Green and now we're talkin :hat

benefactor
06-24-2013, 05:18 PM
I see it as a good thing. They're also trying to move Aldridge, so let's hope the Spurs can put two and two together here...
Blazers need guards...so something like De Colo/Joseph/Bonner/Splitter on a new deal and next years first rounder?

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Why do the blazers want to move aldridge?

Probably cause he's due over $30 million over the next 2 seasons. Spurs can afford that. Make it happen R.C.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Blazers need guards...so something like De Colo/Joseph/Bonner/Splitter on a new deal and next years first rounder?

I'd still take that. That'd free up some cap space that we could use to sign a couple top-tier FA's. Plus our 1st round draft pick this year.

temujin
06-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Probably cause he's due over $30 million over the next 2 seasons. Spurs can afford that. Make it happen R.C.

Aldrige is also very very good and not so injury prone.

They take this as personal offences in portland.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:23 PM

Any deal in which the team could get LA without having to give up the Big Three or New Two would be a great one. Since Portland has been trying to get out of Aldridge's contract (about $30 Million over the next two years), it may not even take that much. If it were some other team, I think Splitter and picks would be enough. But they'll probably want De Colo as well.

No need to include Bonner, though. He'll be long waived by the time Splitter can get S&T'd.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 05:26 PM
That's right...his deal is done on June 29th. My mistake.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 05:28 PM
I keep forgetting the Spurs actually have cap space too...:lol. Not used to that tbh.

I hope that Splitter/De Colo/picks deal could do it. Nano was a bit of a malcontent late in the year so I could see the Spurs including him.

Kool Bob Love
06-24-2013, 05:29 PM
without * of course

Mic check 1 2 1 2.....

Thanks bro.

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 05:32 PM
I hope they offer him an outlandish contract and we let him walk tbh.
I see it as a good thing. They're also trying to move Aldridge, so let's hope the Spurs can put two and two together here...:toast Poor Splitter. Nobody wants him.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:38 PM
:toast Poor Splitter. Nobody wants him.

I want Splitter back. Saying that I think Aldridge is better is certainly no insult. It's not like I'm saying I'd trade him for Millsap.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Just to substantiate the Aldridge talk:

League source: three veterans who are candidates to be in deals leading up to, or during NBA draft are the Bulls' Luol Deng, Pacers' Danny Granger and Blazers' Lamarcus Aldridge.

http://sulia.com/ricbucher/f/02c5b17d-c5b6-49fa-a05c-64d19f34b477/

taps
06-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Aldrige is also very very good and not so injury prone.. They take this as personal offences in portland.
:lmao
Wow looking at the $30/2 years and realizing manu got close to $15mil this year, it's hard not to wonder. I'm no business man but gotta think that everybody outside of the big 4 could be in the mix for a theoretical Aldridge trade.

TD 21
06-24-2013, 05:42 PM

I don't buy it. Like almost every player, if someone blows them away, I'm sure they'd trade him, but that's not the same as trying to move him.

Even if they were, unless the Spurs offered Leonard (which they wouldn't), they don't have the assets to acquire him. Sure, they need guards, but Joseph and especially De Colo, are minimal prospects and if they want one that badly, they can just draft whoever is left among Caldwell-Pope, McCollum or Carter-Williams or reach/trade back for Muhammed, Shroeder or Larkin.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't buy it. Like almost every player, if someone blows them away, I'm sure they'd trade him, but that's not the same as trying to move him.

Even if they were, unless the Spurs offered Leonard (which they wouldn't), they don't have the assets to acquire him. Sure, they need guards, but Joseph and especially De Colo, are minimal prospects and if they want one that badly, they can just draft whoever is left among Caldwell-Pope, McCollum or Carter-Williams or reach/trade back for Muhammed, Shroeder or Larkin.

I don't think it'd take that much. I think they're trying to move him during the draft so that they can max Splitter a near-max deal (which they KNOW the Spurs won't match). If they fail at that, then they'll be hard-pressed to pay more than $35 Million a year to their front-court starters (more than $40 Million total). So they'll either have to lower their potential offer to Splitter and risk losing him or find a way to shed salary.

TD 21
06-24-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't think it'd take that much. I think they're trying to move him during the draft so that they can max Splitter a near-max deal (which they KNOW the Spurs won't match). If they fail at that, then they'll be hard-pressed to pay more than $35 Million a year to their front-court starters (more than $40 Million total). So they'll either have to lower their potential offer to Splitter and risk losing him or find a way to shed salary.

So let me get this straight: He's too injury prone and too old for their re-build, but Splitter, who's more injury prone and older, isn't? Not only is Splitter obviously not as good, but you can't even make the argument that he makes up for the things Aldridge doesn't do well, because those same things (rebounding and shot blocking), he also doesn't do well.

Center is definitely a hole, but they could wait and see if Howard goes to the Rockets, then attempt to get in on the Asik sweepstakes. They could probably put together a package for Gortat and they could almost certainly lure Mozgov for far cheaper than Splitter. They could also just take Adams and hope that between him and Leonard, one develops into a starter.

CGD
06-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Blazer, Mavs, and Hawks were the 3 teams I recall having interest. Any others I'm missing?

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 06:06 PM

Are you kidding me, a max deal for Splitter! :rollin

Brunodf
06-24-2013, 06:06 PM
:lmao
Wow looking at the $30/2 years and realizing manu got close to $15mil this year, it's hard not to wonder. I'm no business man but gotta think that everybody outside of the big 4 could be in the mix for a theoretical Aldridge trade.
Manu turned down a max contract from Denver to stay in San Antonio...

rascal
06-24-2013, 06:12 PM
S&T him with Danny for Aldridge because I can dream.

That is a no brainer. Would you trade Leonard and Splitter for Aldridge? Trades have to hurt a little if you want to land a top player from another team.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 06:13 PM
So let me get this straight: He's too injury prone and too old for their re-build, but Splitter, who's more injury prone and older, isn't? Not only is Splitter obviously not as good, but you can't even make the argument that he makes up for the things Aldridge doesn't do well, because those same things (rebounding and shot blocking), he also doesn't do well.

Center is definitely a hole, but they could wait and see if Howard goes to the Rockets, then attempt to get in on the Asik sweepstakes. They could probably put together a package for Gortat and they could almost certainly lure Mozgov for far cheaper than Splitter. They could also just take Adams and hope that between him and Leonard, one develops into a starter.

It's not like we're trying to speculate about Portland's possible interest in Tiago, or their desire to move LA. Both of those things are "known." It's pretty clear, then, that the Blazers would like to move on for Aldridge, and Splitter's the type of player they want to move on with.

As I said in either this or another thread, the team seemed to originally try for a center to play with Aldridge. But now, it seems like they want to get a center to play INSTEAD of Aldrige, who is actually an insanely good center that just doesn't like playing there. I think they want to get a big to player the pick-and-roll with Lillard, and Splitter's about the best in the league at that. So while we all know Splitter isn't as good as Aldridge, Splitter making half as much and some assets probably does seem like a pretty good haul.

Aldridge may be younger than Splitter, but he's also much more overpaid. If the team wants to feature Lillard and just have the bigs be role-players/defenders, then swapping LA for Splitter can be seen as an upgrade.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Manu turned down a max contract from Denver to stay in San Antonio...

When? If you mean after his rookie deal (the only time he was officially a free agent), he stayed because the Spurs had the biggest offer. Denver did make an offer, but it was no where near the max.

rascal
06-24-2013, 06:15 PM

The spurs trash for Aldridge. How about including Leonard in that deal. That is what it will take to seriously start to consider any deal for Aldridge.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Are you kidding me, a max deal for Splitter! :rollin

It's not THAT big ($58.9M/4), but it is too big for Splitter. I think Portland could definitely offer a deal that averages seven figures.

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Leonard is a no go we all know, that let's stop acting like that's possible.

rascal
06-24-2013, 06:22 PM

Then forget about Aldridge. Blazers won't be accepting the Spurs trash for one of their best players.

DesignatedT
06-24-2013, 06:29 PM
Splitter + Green + De Colo + Picks for Aldridge.

TD 21
06-24-2013, 06:30 PM
It's not like we're trying to speculate about Portland's possible interest in Tiago, or their desire to move LA. Both of those things are "known." It's pretty clear, then, that the Blazers would like to move on for Aldridge, and Splitter's the type of player they want to move on with.

As I said in either this or another thread, the team seemed to originally try for a center to play with Aldridge. But now, it seems like they want to get a center to play INSTEAD of Aldrige, who is actually an insanely good center that just doesn't like playing there. I think they want to get a big to player the pick-and-roll with Lillard, and Splitter's about the best in the league at that. So while we all know Splitter isn't as good as Aldridge, Splitter making half as much and some assets probably does seem like a pretty good haul.

Aldridge may be younger than Splitter, but he's also much more overpaid. If the team wants to feature Lillard and just have the bigs be role-players/defenders, then swapping LA for Splitter can be seen as an upgrade.

The latter isn't known. "Candidate to be in a deal" isn't the same as "trying to move".

If they really wanted a center instead of Aldridge, they could just offer him for the 1st pick and take Len, who'd be a far better fit for their re-build. Another far better trade would be (if Howard signs with the Rockets), Asik, Jones and a 1st.

I disagree about Aldridge being a center. Even though he's got the size and strength for it, he's not nearly good enough as a defensive rebounder/rim protector.

In no form or fashion can Splitter for Aldridge be seen as an upgrade for them.

RD2191
06-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Why would we get rid of our only real 3 point threat? Green is off limits.

ElNono
06-24-2013, 06:34 PM
When? If you mean after his rookie deal (the only time he was officially a free agent), he stayed because the Spurs had the biggest offer. Denver did make an offer, but it was no where near the max.

He's probably referring to 2004...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1835202

The rumored offer was:
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=80221

AFBlue
06-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Probably would be Splitter S&T for Myers Leonard or 2014 first round pick and Trade Exception for the difference. No way Spurs get Aldridge without giving up Kawhi...dude is an all-star.

superbigtime
06-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Getting Lamarcus Aldridge would be a wet dream come true. Friggin Blazers always seem to have a couple fingers up the Spurs' ass.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 06:47 PM
The latter isn't known. "Candidate to be in a deal" isn't the same as "trying to move".

Hence "known" and not known. You don't just offer up a player for two consecutive seasons if you still want to keep them.

If they really wanted a center instead of Aldridge, they could just offer him for the 1st pick and take Len, who'd be a far better fit for their re-build. Another far better trade would be (if Howard signs with the Rockets), Asik, Jones and a 1st.

Who's to say they haven't? From what I've heard, the Cavs don't want a big with their pick. They want another two-guard. Cleveland also has tons of trade possibilities for small-forwards (their biggest hole) that don't involve giving up the top pick.

I disagree about Aldridge being a center. Even though he's got the size and strength for it, he's not nearly good enough as a defensive rebounder/rim protector.

He's averaged a PER of about 25 as a center over the last few years. I agree he's not really suited for it, though, which is why he doesn't like doing it. He wouldn't have to worry about that in San Antonio, though.

In no form or fashion can Splitter for Aldridge be seen as an upgrade.

That's like saying that Splitter for Jefferson couldn't be seen as an upgrade. Of course it could. It just depends on what team needs. Yes, LA is an All-Star while Splitter is just a role-player, but if having an elite PnR big will help Lillard reach superstar status, then yeah, it's an upgrade. Also, doing that trade will give Portland enough money to offer a max deal to most of the big free agents. If they can get a player like Josh Smith, Andre Iguadola or Tyreke Evans, then making the deal could be a big step toward creating a borderline contender.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 06:53 PM
He's probably referring to 2004...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1835202

The rumored offer was:
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=80221

:lol That picture of Ginobili from the second link:

http://espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/3380.jpg

Yeah. If that was the deal, then he did turn down money. But there's no way of knowing for sure. The Spurs could have matched that offer with all the cap space they had. It's even possible the deal was front-loaded, so the difference between the two contracts (the rumored one and the one he actually signed) may have been negligible. Thanks for the link, though.

ElNono
06-24-2013, 06:59 PM
:lol That picture of Ginobili from the second link:

http://espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/3380.jpg

Yeah. If that was the deal, then he did turn down money. But there's no way of knowing for sure. The Spurs could have matched that offer with all the cap space they had. It's even possible the deal was front-loaded, so the difference between the two contracts (the rumored one and the one he actually signed) may have been negligible. Thanks for the link, though.

That was right after the 1st season Carmelo landed in Denver. They ended up giving almost that same exact deal (6 years/$9m with raises per season) to Kenyon Martin, and also signed Andre Miller for 3 years at $8m/season...

Apparently they had a lot of cap space...

spursnatic
06-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Lets do a sign and trade for Batum

TD 21
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Hence "known" and not known. You don't just offer up a player for two consecutive seasons if you still want to keep them.

Who said they "offered him up"? Had they, they'd have found a better deal than what the Spurs would realistically offer and they'd have done so in short order.

I think they're listening because they know that if they can't fast track this re-build this summer and show progress next season, that he'll probably want out anyway and the more time left on the contract of a player of that caliber, the more value in return.

Who's to say they haven't? From what I've heard, the Cavs don't want a big with their pick. They want another two-guard. Cleveland also has tons of trade possibilities for small-forwards (their biggest hole) that don't involve giving up the top pick.

Not long after the Cavs landed the 1st pick, I heard that they'd be interested in a veteran star, such as Aldridge, but that the Trail Blazers wouldn't do it.

The Cavs want an in their prime star in general and specifically, a C or SF. If they wanted an SG, we'd have heard more about them drafting McLemore and trading Waiters. As is, I haven't heard a thing about either.

He's averaged a PER of about 25 as a center over the last few years. I agree he's not really suited for it, though, which is why he doesn't like doing it. He wouldn't have to worry about that in San Antonio, though.

That's nice, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a sub par defensive rebounder/rim protector.

That's like saying that Splitter for Jefferson couldn't be seen as an upgrade. Of course it could. It just depends on what team needs. Yes, LA is an All-Star while Splitter is just a role-player, but if having an elite PnR big will help Lillard reach superstar status, then yeah, it's an upgrade. Also, doing that trade will give Portland enough money to offer a max deal to most of the big free agents. If they can get a player like Josh Smith, Andre Iguadola or Tyreke Evans, then making the deal could be a big step toward creating a borderline contender.

Asik would be a better example, as he's obviously not as good as Aldridge, but far better at the things Aldridge doesn't do well (Asik is actually not a great shot blocker either, but a much better overall defensive anchor). Big deal if Splitter is a better roll man; Aldridge is a better popper.

Lillard has no chance at becoming a superstar. James and Durant are the only two players in the league that I'd describe as that at the moment and the only other one that advanced stats indicate is, is Paul.

And none of those players, in conjunction with Splitter, would vault them anywhere near borderline contender status. In fact, all they'd do is limit them being a 1st round and out team, with a ceiling of 2nd round, going forward.

spurs10
06-24-2013, 07:20 PM
If Aldridge ends up in a Spurs uniform it would go a long way to easing my pain. Too good to be possible. I trade anyone except Kawhi..:toast

timtonymanu
06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Dont understand the obsession with Aldridge. If the Spurs were getting the pre all-star, had something to prove Aldridge, then it would be great. He regressed a lot last year and went back to just shooting jumpshots.

timtonymanu
06-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Aldridge wouldnt be a bad pickup at all though.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 07:29 PM
We could use this. Find a way to get him here for Splitter, R.C.!

xuEFIJEdV3A

Chinook
06-24-2013, 07:40 PM
We could use this. Find a way to get him here for Splitter, R.C.!

xuEFIJEdV3A

Looking at that video makes me realize how bad that Spurs team was. Wow.

ElNono
06-24-2013, 07:44 PM
I liked Aldrige a few years ago, but for some reason, apparently a common occurrence in Blazers players, his knees seem to have taken a huge toll recently... I thought last year it was painful just to see him walk... he's still a great player, but you have to make sure he's not damaged goods....

Chinook
06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Who said they "offered him up"? Had they, they'd have found a better deal than what the Spurs would realistically offer and they'd have done so in short order.

I think they're listening because they know that if they can't fast track this re-build this summer and show progress next season, that he'll probably want out anyway and the more time left on the contract of a player of that caliber, the more value in return.

I think you're massively overrating Aldridge. No one outside of Portland's commentators considers him a star anymore. He's pretty overpaid, and he may already be declining. That doesn't stop him from being a good player with several good seasons left, but it does hurt his value.

I think you're right that he might want to leave Portland if the team doesn't turn it around soon, though.

Not long after the Cavs landed the 1st pick, I heard that they'd be interested in a veteran star, such as Aldridge, but that the Trail Blazers wouldn't do it.

The Cavs want an in their prime star in general and specifically, a C or SF. If they wanted an SG, we'd have heard more about them drafting McLemore and trading Waiters. As is, I haven't heard a thing about either.

I also heard about the Cavs trying to trade the first-overall pick for a young star. But I heard nothing about Aldridge. If Portland turned them down (and I don't believe they did), then that shows why the Blazers aren't hoping to find a missing piece in the draft.

That's nice, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a sub par defensive rebounder/rim protector.

He's allowed a PER of about 14 as a center, so he's not that bad on defense. I agreed that he doesn't like being inside and that his game isn't suited for it. I was just pointing out that he's actually not that bad at it.

As for the rest of your post, we'll see. I don't know what Lillard will become. But I do feel that the Blazers are going to try to build around him. So they'll probably try to outbid the Spurs for Splitter and still move Aldridge if they can find the package they're looking for. But if the Spurs show a serious intent to match the offer, then the Blazers may just collapse both deals into one and get some more assets. The longer they wait, the less they'll get, as the Cavs are finding out with Varejao.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Looking at that video makes me realize how bad that Spurs team was. Wow.

Lol yea I noticed that too. Compared this year it's a pretty remarkable difference.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 07:53 PM
I liked Aldrige a few years ago, but for some reason, apparently a common occurrence in Blazers players, his knees seem to have taken a huge toll recently... I thought last year it was painful just to see him walk... he's still a great player, but you have to make sure he's not damaged goods....

Yeah, I was thinking about an Eric Gordon/Aldridge swap and then I remembered Gordon's knee issues. He would probably end up retiring mid-season. :lol

I agree about his knees, though. I think that's a big reason why Portland's trying to move him. Hopefully, if the Spurs did get him, Pop could rest him enough to keep him healthy for the next two season. With his short deal, he'd at least be useful as an expiring contract after next season.

Biggems
06-24-2013, 07:54 PM

there must be something in the water or air up there.....cause all the tall people seem to have bad knees.......Walton, Bowie, Oden, Aldridge, Pryzbilla

cd021
06-24-2013, 07:55 PM
They made a huge offer to Hibbert and pacers matched it IIRC. They're serious about landing a center

Bad teams with cap are similar to trolls. They seem to like to fuck with other teams

Houston with Lin (N.Y) and Osik (Chicago)

Portland with Hibbert (Indiana)

Toronto with Landry (N.Y.)

Russ
06-24-2013, 07:56 PM
there must be something in the water or air up there.....cause all the tall people seem to have bad knees.......Walton, Bowie, Oden, Aldridge, Pryzbilla

Don't forget Steve Smith. :)

benefactor
06-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Hearing TD 21 talk you'd think Aldridge is LeBron James.

Freeing up cap space is huge in today's market as are draft picks, especially if its one for a solid draft like next seasons draft. Moving Aldridge and the 30 MILLION left on his deal for a good big man, a guard prospect on a cheap deal, a first rounder in next years draft and the flexibility to add another max/close to max player is not a bad deal for the Blazers at all.

TD 21
06-24-2013, 08:03 PM
I think you're massively overrating Aldridge. No one outside of Portland's commentators considers a star anymore. He's pretty overpaid, and he may already be declining. That doesn't stop him from being good player with several good seasons left, but it does hurt his value.

I think you're right that he might want to leave Portland if the team doesn't turn it around soon, though.

I actually think he's generally overrated, but you're massively underrating him . . . and whether you think it or not, virtually everyone still considers him a star.

benefactor, that's a terrible trade. If Splitter were three-five years younger and a better rebounder/rim protector, then it would make sense. De Colo is a run of the mill fifth guard and the draft pick is going to be late 1st.

Cap space is great, but they'd be hard pressed to get a player as good, let alone better than him, so they may as well keep him unless someone blows them away.

DOS CHAINZ
06-24-2013, 08:10 PM
How do they having spending money? They should lock in that pg before offering Tiago something stupid.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 08:13 PM
I actually think he's generally overrated, but you're massively underrating him . . . and whether you think it or not, virtually everyone still considers him a star.

benefactor, that's a terrible trade. If Splitter were three-five years younger and a better rebounder/rim protector, then it would make sense. De Colo is a run of the mill fifth guard and the draft pick is going to be late 1st.

Cap space is great, but they'd be hard pressed to get a player as good, let alone better than him, so they may as well keep him unless someone blows them away.

If by "star" you mean top 10 big man, then yes, most people do consider him that. But if you mean a top 10-15 player, I don't think many would agree. He's definitely passed the franchise cornerstone phase. I think most people who overrate him forget how old he is. He's only a few months younger than Splitter, and Tiago has fewer NBA miles on him and a cleaner bill of health (surprisingly).

What do you think would be a fair deal for him? I agree that Portland may demand more than what benefactor or I suggested, but I think that's more because the Blazers don't like dealing with the Spurs.

cd021
06-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I think you're massively overrating Aldridge. No one outside of Portland's commentators considers a star anymore. He's pretty overpaid, and he may already be declining. That doesn't stop him from being good player with several good seasons left, but it does hurt his value.

I also heard about the Cavs trying to trade the first-overall pick for a young star. But I heard nothing about Aldridge. If Portland turned them down (and I don't believe they did), then that shows why the Blazers are hoping to find a missing piece in the draft.

He's allowed a PER of about 14 as a center, so he's not that bad on defense. I agreed that he doesn't like being inside and that his game isn't suited for it. I was just pointing out that he's actually not that bad at it.

As for the rest of your post, we'll see. I don't know what Lillard will become. But I do feel that the Blazers are going to try to build around him. So they'll probably try to outbid the Spurs for Splitter and still move Aldridge if they can find the package they're looking for. But if the Spurs show a serious intent to match the offer, then the Blazers may just collapse both deals into one and get some more assets. The longer they wait, the less they'll get, as the Cavs are finding out with Varejao.

I don't understand why they'd move Aldridge and then outbid another team with cap for a center who is the same age (I think) and is less of a threat on the offense end. Also Hickson has played very well in the starting lineup and the 7'0 footer they drafted last season should be in line for at least 15-20 regular minutes per game. He, I'd imagine is considered the future given where they drafted him. His athleticism in a couple of years could make him and Lillard a nice pick and roll combo.

cd021
06-24-2013, 08:21 PM
How do they having spending money? They should lock in that pg before offering Tiago something stupid.

Has two more seasons before he can be extended.

TD 21
06-24-2013, 08:28 PM
If by "star" you mean top 10 big man, then yes, most people do consider him that. But if you mean a top 10-15 player, I don't think many would agree. He's definitely passed the franchise cornerstone phase. I think most people who overrate him forget how old he is. He's only a few months younger than Splitter, and Tiago has fewer NBA miles on him and a cleaner bill of health (surprisingly).

What do you think would be a fair deal for him? I agree that Portland may demand more than what benefactor or I suggested, but I think that's more because the Blazers don't like dealing with the Spurs.

I'd have to give it more thought than I'm willing to at the moment, but off the top of my head, let's say top 25, maybe 20.

Tough to say for certain, but I think they'd want something along the lines of the haul the Nuggets got for Anthony or the Magic got for Howard. I'm not suggesting he's on their level, just that they'd want that soft of package.

DOS CHAINZ
06-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Yea I just saw the money & his contract on hoopshype. But they are at 60 mil range in cap & still paying Roy. How do they afford Tiago when its expected teams will offer him up in the 10 mil per range.

Budkin
06-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Keep him. Decent big men are hard to find and he can improve. He played well in the regular season.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 08:30 PM
[/B]
I don't understand why they'd move Aldridge and then outbid another team with cap for a center who is the same age (I think) and is less of a threat on the offense end. Also Hickson has played very well in the starting lineup and the 7'0 footer they drafted last season should be in line for at least 15-20 regular minutes per game. He, I'd imagine is considered the future given where they drafted him. His athleticism in a couple of years could make him and Lillard a nice pick and roll combo.

I wouldn't go for Splitter or trade Aldridge if I were Portland. I'd try to keep Hickson, but apparently, they've made it pretty clear they don't want to keep him. They're also supposedly going for Splitter and Pek, so they don't seem sold on Leonard as the answer to the five at least this season. Maybe they think he's a four, and when they get a legitimate center, he'll be a good player to replace Aldridge. I don't know. In the end, they'll probably keep LA, and the Spurs will probably keep Splitter. I could see Tiago agreeing to a deal during the moratorium and not even visiting other teams. It's pretty safe to assume that the Spurs will bring back the same top seven or eight player if they have their druthers.

SenorSpur
06-24-2013, 08:39 PM

And why in the hell would anyone want to rid the roster of a young, athletic player (Leonard) who has emerged as perhaps the Spurs next star player? I don't give a shit who is in the deal. Any such scenario would make no sense at all.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
I can easily name 15 players better than Aldridge...Durant, James, Rose, Duncan, Love, Harden, Parker, Bryant, Melo, Curry, Wade, Dirk, Marc Gasol, Griffin, Paul.

There's really no reason to overrate him. He's a good player but no one is giving full value for a 28 yr old perimeter big with an injury history.

Spurstalkin
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Aldridge to the spurs would be a dream come true! Would fit the spurs system like a glove. AND he is a Texas boy!

Would truly be the Dynamic Duo!

Make it happen!!

maverick1948
06-24-2013, 08:55 PM

WTF you want to give away the entire house for 1 player? You are nuts.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Those guys can be replaced. They are backups. Aldridge is a legit starting big with the potential to put the Spurs back in the Finals yet again.

All in all, I agree with Chinook. Spurs will re-sign Splitter and all this talk will be just for fun speculation.

Juggity
06-24-2013, 09:02 PM

The blazers' medical staff is legendarily bad...the anti-Phoenix

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 09:15 PM
WTF you want to give away the entire house for 1 player? You are nuts.

De Colo was a problem complaining about playing time. Bonner has been laying a turd in the playoffs for what 6 straight years now? Funny that coincides with the Spurs last title! May need Joseph but then again we stiil have Mills. Whatever makes it happen.

Splitter is pretty awful, I've seen enough tbh. It would be on par with offloading Dick for Jack to get any value for him compared to the dreaded possiblity of overpaying him.

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 09:28 PM
So you are telling me the Blazers would rather pay 11-12 million for 28 year old Splitter than pay 15 million for 27 year old Aldridge? This idea has BS written all over it. Not getting my hopes up unless an actually story arises. Blazers are also committed to Batum for a while and to Matthews for 2 more seasons (at 7-8 mil per for Matthews) so its not like Kawhi or Green would fill needs for them. Not that the Spurs would ever put Kawhi on the table, but just in response to Rascal

ThaBigFundamental21
06-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Spurstalk, who would you rather have? Aldridge or Jefferson?

Also, why is it that Portland has a hatred for San Antonio? I always hear it getting tossed around here, but why is it?

Big P
06-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Have the Spurs seen enough of Tiago and would they do a sign and trade with Portland for the #10 like they did with George Hill and Indiana a couple of years ago?

ElNono
06-24-2013, 09:33 PM

It's not just tall people... remember Brandon Roy? Wesley Matthews already had some knee problems as well...

TXstbobcat
06-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Also, why is it that Portland has a hatred for San Antonio? I always hear it getting tossed around here, but why is it?

1999 western conference finals might have something to do with it.

PlayNando
06-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Let Splitter walk. Give Nando a pay raise. Play Nando.............

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 09:37 PM

Aldridge by a mile. i just don't see it though

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't know why people assume the Blazers would be justified in asking for Leonard in exchange for Aldridge. For the most part, young players with both production and potential remain on their teams for at least their first two contracts. The closet examples of players of Leonard's ilk being moved are Eric Gordon and Ed Davis.

Gordon was traded for Chris Paul, first off. So that's understandable. Aldridge is not of his caliber. Also the league got involved in that Paul trade, and that drove up the price immensely. Had Stern not stepped in, the Hornets would have gotten a bunch of scraps like Scola and Oden.

Davis is the object of endless love from stat geeks but he has little actual production for being in the league as long as he has been. He's honestly closer to Anthony Randolph than he is to Kawhi Leonard. He was traded for a player of Aldridge's caliber in Rudy Gay, and now people are starting to say that the Grizzlies lost that deal. I don't agree, but unless this new coach features Davis, Ed won't really factor way people remember that deal much.

So I don't think it's Leonard or bust for Portland. They have three small-forwards that already like, and they're desperate for a center. Despite people thinking otherwise, Splitter is good enough to headline a trade for Aldridge. The Spurs would just have to add more sweeteners than they'd like. But they won't have to even think of moving Kawhi.

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't know why people assume the Blazers would be justified in asking for Leonard in exchange for Aldridge. For the most part, young players with both production and potential remain on their teams for at least their first two contracts. The closet examples of players of Leonard's ilk being moved are Eric Gordon and Ed Davis.

Gordon was traded for Chris Paul, first off. So that's understandable. Aldridge is not of his caliber. Also the league got involved in that Paul trade, and that drove up the price immensely. Had Stern not stepped in, the Hornets would have gotten a bunch of scraps like Scola and Oden.

Davis is the object of endless love from stat geeks but he has little actual production for being in the league as long as he has been. He's honestly closer to Anthony Randolph than he is to Kawhi Leonard. He was traded for a player of Aldridge's caliber in Rudy Gay, and now people are starting to say that the Grizzlies lost that deal. I don't agree, but unless this new coach features Davis, Ed won't really factor way people remember that deal much.

So I don't think it's Leonard or bust for Portland. They have three small-forwards that already like, and they're desperate for a center. Despite people thinking otherwise, Splitter is good enough to headline a trade for Aldridge. The Spurs would just have to add more sweeteners than they'd like. But they won't have to even think of moving Kawhi.

So you are telling me the Blazers would rather pay 11-12 million for 28 year old Splitter than pay 15 million for 27 year old Aldridge? This idea has BS written all over it. Not getting my hopes up unless an actually story arises.

dallasmaverickslose
06-24-2013, 10:18 PM
If they want to throw a lot of $$$ at him, we should just let em take him. Splitter was a huge letdown in the finals.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Portland definitely might prefer to play Splitter $8 Million rather than Aldridge $15 Million. Also, they're only five months apart. They'll both be 28 at the start of next season. Aldridge also has injury issues.

And 32-year-old Tayshaun Prince headlined the trade for 26-year-old Rudy Gay.

SpurPadre
06-24-2013, 10:23 PM
How about doing Splitter like we did George Hill and trading him (sign and trade) for the Blazers' 1st round pick this year? It would be the 10th overall pick so I don't know if Splitter would be enough for Portland to part with it so maybe we throw in our 1st pick or 2nd pick and call it a deal? I'd target C Cody Zeller from Indiana, which mock drafts have him going as far as 10th overall. He's athletic, can run the floor well, can score multiple ways, and was a decent defender in college. Zeller has been compared to Bosh and Aldridge so you wouldn't think Portland would rather have Splitter over him but stranger things have happened. Thoughts?

Libri
06-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Portland definitely might prefer to play Splitter $8 Million rather than Aldridge $15 Million. Also, they're only five months apart. They'll both be 28 at the start of next season. Aldridge also has injury issues.

And 32-year-old Tayshaun Prince headlined the trade for 26-year-old Rudy Gay.

Going after Splitter might be plan B. Early rumors was that Portland wanted the Cav's first pick.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
How about doing Splitter like we did George Hill and trading him (sign and trade) for the Blazers' 1st round pick this year? It would be the 10th overall pick so I don't know if Splitter would be enough for Portland to part with it so maybe we throw in our 1st pick or 2nd pick and call it a deal? I'd target C Cody Zeller from Indiana, which mock drafts have him going as far as 10th overall. He's athletic, can run the floor well, can score multiple ways, and was a decent defender in college. Zeller has been compared to Bosh and Aldridge so you wouldn't think Portland would rather have Splitter over him but stranger things have happened. Thoughts?

You can't do draft-day trades with S&T players. You can legally trade a potential free agent, and the other team can't talk to the player and negotiate a contract until July. So the Spurs and Blazers couldn't agree to compensation for a Splitter S&T, because the Blazers couldn't work out a contract with Tiago then. Also, it would be poor form to agree to a deal that relies on a player choosing to go somewhere. If Splitter decides to go to Atlanta instead of Portland, the draft-day talk is all for naught.

That doesn't meant Portland couldn't include whomever they draft as part of the compensation for Splitter in a sign-and-trade, though. That's certainly possible. However, I strongly doubt the Blazers do a sign-and-trade for Splitter unless it includes Aldridge. Portland has no incentive to help the Spurs out by giving them assets when they can sign Splitter outright.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Going after Splitter might be plan B. Early rumors was that Portland wanted the Cav's first pick.

I heard it the opposite way. According to TD 21 , the Cavs wanted Aldridge, and Portland balked at the pick.

SpurPadre
06-24-2013, 10:45 PM
You can't do draft-day trades with S&T players. You can legally trade a potential free agent, and the other team can't talk to the player and negotiate a contract until July. So the Spurs and Blazers couldn't agree to compensation for a Splitter S&T, because the Blazers couldn't work out a contract with Tiago then. Also, it would be poor form to agree to a deal that relies on a player choosing to go somewhere. If Splitter decides to go to Atlanta instead of Portland, the draft-day talk is all for naught.

That doesn't meant Portland couldn't include whomever they draft as part of the compensation for Splitter in a sign-and-trade, though. That's certainly possible. However, I strongly doubt the Blazers do a sign-and-trade for Splitter unless it includes Aldridge. Portland has no incentive to help the Spurs out by giving them assets when they can sign Splitter outright.

Thanks for the insight, there. It was wishful thinking on my part.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-24-2013, 10:56 PM
I would rather have Jefferson than Aldridge tbh. It's not that close either.

SPURSCHAMP
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
SpursPadre, this draft is weak, the 10 pick won't turn into Aldridge or Bosh. And since the Blazers are interested, there's no way we trade Splitter and a pick for Zeller. Splitter is a solid player and the 10 pick in a weak draft probably won't turn out as good as him. If anything, the blazers would have to add assets.

Libri
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
I heard it the opposite way. According to TD 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=17781) , the Cavs wanted Aldridge, and Portland balked at the pick.

That might be the case. Here is the latest from Chad Ford:

They are engaged in trade talks with a number of teams. Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick -- but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60225/cavaliers-weighing-the-no-1-decision

It could be that they haven't persuaded the Cavs because they're unwilling to give up LA.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 11:09 PM
I have no idea how they expect to get it, then. Maybe Batum and 10?

slick'81
06-24-2013, 11:11 PM
They can have him

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 11:13 PM
"What are the Cleveland Cavaliers seeking in exchange for the No. 1 pick? Sources say they reached out to the Portland Trail Blazers in an attempt to land LaMarcus Aldridge for the Nos. 1 and 19 picks. The Blazers quickly rebuffed them."

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60257/flurry-of-trade-talks-surrounding-draft

Lol the Spurs have no shot at getting Aldridge.

RD2191
06-24-2013, 11:18 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. Hey, chinook, Splitter is a free agent right? Meaning he can sign with whoever he wants? Do the Spurs like have dibs on him first? How does all that work?

Chinook
06-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. Hey, chinook, Splitter is a free agent right? Meaning he can sign with whoever he wants? Do the Spurs like have dibs on him first? How does all that work?

He's restricted, so the Spurs have the right of first refusal. They can match any offer that another team makes. If another team wants to sign him, they have to get him to sign an offer sheet. Then, the Spurs have three (or seven, I can't remember now) days to match, which means they have to agree to that EXACT deal, or let him go.

RD2191
06-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Oh okay. Thanks for the info. You cleared a lot of things up. Say the Spurs decide not too match, do you think they have a backup plan? If Splitter leaves we pretty much only have Baynes at center.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 11:47 PM
If Splitter leaves, the Spurs actually end up having a LOT of cap space, so they could go after a player like Millsap and outbid anyone pretty comfortably. Baynes factors in this pretty heavily, because if the Spurs let him Splitter go, it will probably be because they have at least some confidence that Baynes can backup Tim.

spurraider21
06-24-2013, 11:48 PM
So either the Blazers think Tiago > #1 overall pick...

or we ain't gettin Aldridge

sasffl
06-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Tiago will end his career in Blazers

RD2191
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks man. Great knowledge and info. Hopefully the Spurs do whats best. Whatever that may be.

Spurstalkin
06-25-2013, 12:08 AM

They would both be excellent fits for spurs and Jefferson would be a better bargain, Both are decent defenders.. but Aldridge brings exp and hits the 18ft jumper like butter. Not to mention he is 81% from the stripe... Consistency is something spurs need ...

Not that this would ever happen but it would be a HUGE move if it did...

Speaking of clearing cap space... I heard there was a assistant coaching spot becoming available.. Manu for Assistant coach anyone ??? :p:

Chinook
06-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Tiago will end his career in Blazers

Probably due to a knee injury that he gets a year after signing with them...

Chinook
06-25-2013, 12:22 AM

I agree, unless Portland is posturing. It certainly means that the first-overall pick isn't that valuable this season. No way that Portland refuses that trade in a normal draft.

Speaking of which: If Cleveland were to have offered the Spurs that deal for Parker in 2011, would you make that trade? It's easy to say no now, but the thought of getting Kyrie for Parker would have been interesting. If the Spurs had also been able to somehow get Leonard...

But then that would mean no Finals this season and no WCF last season.

DrSteffo
06-25-2013, 01:05 AM
They would both be excellent fits for spurs and Jefferson would be a better bargain, Both are decent defenders.

Completely disagree. Check what Jazz fan thinks about Big Al. Jazz fan knows Jefferson is soft and a very bad defender. Aldridge I like better but he might be declining already.

Gagnrath
06-25-2013, 02:45 AM
There is a bunch of issues with high end picks this season namely no one that you want to spend a high draft pick on.... this years draft has a bunch of guys that look like they are going to be solid enough nba players but no one that you are really ready to count on being a perennial all-star contender, like you want to take at a lottery pick choice. You look at the top 30 or so players and you just sorta shrug and go well I'd be comfortable with any of them at 10-20 depending on what my team needs. Add in that the top 3 or 4 big men have injury questions and it gets ugly. There are also a bunch of tweener forwards that size wise are going to be a bit undersized in the nba but you question handles and shooting to be a small forward. You go with that at draft spot 10, you are looking to trade down at draft spot 5 especially when there are 3 of them that are a toss up as to which you'd really rather have. Personally I thought that combine interviews would clear alot of this uncertainty up but either teams played things closer to their vest than usual or no one stood out.

Russo21
06-25-2013, 03:15 AM
The SilverStars can have Tiago for all I care.

T Park
06-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Jefferson is a horrific defender and Milsap is on the downside.
No thanks to either.

Russo21
06-25-2013, 03:22 AM
Let Splitter walk. Give Nando a pay raise. Play Nando............. Nando is that you?

BigFun21
06-25-2013, 03:23 AM
Why don't we just let him sign with Portland and then sign Greg Oden? That'll show 'em! Haha.

TrainOfThought5
06-25-2013, 03:25 AM
No thanks to either.

downside of what??

BatManu20
06-25-2013, 05:41 AM
No thanks to either.

Downside? Millsap is 28 and in the prime of his career right now..

Mal
06-25-2013, 06:11 AM
Lol the Spurs have no shot at getting Aldridge.

You never take first trade proposal from desparate team.

rascal
06-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Splitter + Green + De Colo + Picks for Aldridge.

You are like that guy in every fantasy basketball league that packages his 3 worst players to every team in the league hoping to land a star player.

Mal
06-25-2013, 06:18 AM

Spurs can give them every euro player they have, CoJo, Nando, Bonner with his expiring as nice asset to trade to 3rd team.

I didnt watch Blazzer at all. What kind of PG is this Lillard ? PnR or Iso type ? Portland is going hard with this guy, as I recall. How he was cooperating with Aldridge ? LaMarcus isnt PnR type of big, so Tiago could be upgrade in that matter, cause he is very good at it. Plus he will be much cheaper than Aldridge. Probably 60% of his salary

Chomag
06-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Would love to land Aldridge, always have. Does the FO have the balls to get it done? most likely not. Trading has never been their strong-suit.

AFBlue
06-25-2013, 06:56 AM

Spurs can guarantee a fifth year I believe. And they can also match the offer sheet, which provides them enough leverage to get some compensation in return; though its most likely to be a future pick than player on their roster.

Capt Bringdown
06-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Why are South Americans so soft?

cd021
06-25-2013, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't go for Splitter or trade Aldridge if I were Portland. I'd try to keep Hickson, but apparently, they've made it pretty clear they don't want to keep him. They're also supposedly going for Splitter and Pek, so they don't seem sold on Leonard as the answer to the five at least this season. Maybe they think he's a four, and when they get a legitimate center, he'll be a good player to replace Aldridge. I don't know. In the end, they'll probably keep LA, and the Spurs will probably keep Splitter. I could see Tiago agreeing to a deal during the moratorium and not even visiting other teams. It's pretty safe to assume that the Spurs will bring back the same top seven or eight player if they have their druthers.

I agree. Though I'm wary of what their offer sheet may be. For all we know it could be a 4 year deal worth $50 million. If i'm not mistaken Splitter can be S&T'd as long as he doesn't sigh an offer sheet else where. So in theory, the Spurs could move him for assets if the price gets too high.

cd021
06-25-2013, 09:16 AM
You are like that guy in every fantasy basketball league that packages his 3 worst players to every team in the league hoping to land a star player.

You mean he likes those NBA Live trades. This actually isn't a terrible package but I'd substitute Cojo for De Colo. He would seem to be a better prospect. I'd imagine we'd also be the one giving up a pick not them.

cd021
06-25-2013, 09:19 AM

Splitter can go ham on Griner unlike Mike Miller and Shane Battier

DPG21920
06-25-2013, 09:20 AM
If Splitter leaves, the Spurs actually end up having a LOT of cap space, so they could go after a player like Millsap and outbid anyone pretty comfortably. Baynes factors in this pretty heavily, because if the Spurs let him Splitter go, it will probably be because they have at least some confidence that Baynes can backup Tim.

They would have close to Dwight Howard money.

kaji157
06-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Offer him the qualifying offer, i donīt think heīll have any offers given the Playoffs he has had, not just the finals.

SpursDynasty21
06-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Let him walk.

PlayNando
06-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Nando is that you?
No.

Stabula
06-25-2013, 01:47 PM
After Splitter got posterized by that Lebron block his value immediately crashed.

ducks
06-25-2013, 02:30 PM
I would include green and splitter for alridge
sell green high

SpursSerb
06-25-2013, 02:54 PM
How about Meyers Leonard and future draft pick for Splitter?

SenorSpur
06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
Blazers set to embark on their annual summer "free agent money-whipping" event.

ezau
06-26-2013, 02:25 AM
If we can't get Aldridge, Al Jefferson is just waiting for the Spurs to make an offer. I think if he starts playing alongside his idol Timmy, we'll see a much improved and motivated Jefferson. Jefferson might be a terrible PnR defender, but he could get better. The Spurs could punish teams who want to play small-ball against us with TD/AJ frontline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOy5oaxHdw

LakerHater
06-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Blazers Trying Real Hard To Push a Deal For Aldridge!

ace3g
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Blazers Trying Real Hard To Push a Deal For Aldridge!

Where did you hear this?

Probably doesn't happen but imagine having both Thomas Robinson and LA next season

PF/C: Timmy, LA, Diaw, Robinson, Baynes

LakerHater
06-26-2013, 01:27 PM

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2013, 01:51 PM

Well then, the writing is on the wall.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Portland wants to move Aldridge to Chicago to get Robinson in a trade and trade..

Chinook
06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Chicago wants to move Robinson to Portland as part of a package for Aldridge. I don't know if that's the Blazer's preference. They may just want to deal with Houston directly.

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Fuck man!! I want LA lol

DesignatedT
06-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Wasn't there a rumor about Deng being on the block in Chicago also.

DPG21920
06-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Yes, shortly followed by reports of CHI and Deng starting talks on a contract extension.

Spurs Brazil
06-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Why Blazers would trade Aldridge for Tiago??? :lol

Let's offer Bonner for James

I. Hustle
06-26-2013, 03:22 PM

Finally!!! Someone sees the light.

Tiago for LA
Bonner for LJ
Mills AND DeColo for Durant
I know I know. We need a back up point guard. I have that covered as well.
T-Mac for CP3

Boom!!!!! There is your Dynasty. Not one. Not two. Not three. Not four. Not Five. Not Six. Not Seven. Not Eight! NOT NINE!! NOT TEN!!!

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Mills AND DeColo for Durant

Don't give away the farm now!!!

LakerHater
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge Wants To "Escape" Blazers And Play For Bulls

Brazil
06-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Why are South Americans so soft?

that's some random post right here :lol

go tell that to Anderson Silva

Capt Bringdown
06-26-2013, 04:54 PM
that's some random post right here :lol

go tell that to Anderson Silva

:lol the context is basketball and not some fake sport

The Spurs South American contingent came up powder-puff soft when it mattered.

LakerHater
06-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Clippers now talkin Aldridge!

Chinook
06-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Splitter's better than DeAndre Jordan...

stephen jackson
06-26-2013, 06:25 PM

dj wouldnt pussy out against smalls at least

Chinook
06-26-2013, 06:30 PM
dj wouldnt pussy out against smalls at least

No, he'd just suck against them.

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Read in the Think Tank that Blazers want two first round picks and player(s) for L.A

Poolboy5623
06-27-2013, 09:53 AM

Lol...at what? Playing ball like a woman?

Chinook
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Lol...at what? Playing ball like a woman?

No, at being a center.

testies
06-27-2013, 03:14 PM
So people ignore like 80 good games INCLUDING Memphis and GS series because he had like 2 or 3 bad games in finals, where even parker, ginobili etc also had bad games?

Splitter is european style.. sets intelligent pics.. I don't want Spurs trading him for a tattooed ex-con style full-retard American center, who has an IQ of a moth, but dunks and shows off his muscles for the camera.. We are an Euroleague team, we play with tactics, we didn't win the last 2 titles by detail, eventhough we don't have the star-filled rosters of other teams. Splitter stays

r0drig0lac
06-27-2013, 03:44 PM
So people ignore like 80 good games INCLUDING Memphis and GS series because he had like 2 or 3 bad games in finals, where even parker, ginobili etc also had bad games?

Splitter is european style.. sets intelligent pics.. I don't want Spurs trading him for a tattooed ex-con style full-retard American center, who has an IQ of a moth, but dunks and shows off his muscles for the camera.. We are an Euroleague team, we play with tactics, we didn't win the last 2 titles by detail, eventhough we don't have the star-filled rosters of other teams. Splitter stays
perfect

testies
06-27-2013, 04:01 PM
If we played the full-retard American mode people here want us to play, we wouldn't have gotten past round1 of playoffs in last 2 seasons, given the "talent" we have .. Stick to what we do, we are the best NBA team by far given our resources..

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Eventually the guys that make this system work will be gone and I don't think Tiago is our future, I don't pay him as if he is going to be the future.

Russo21
06-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Fuck Tiago. I hope the Blazers get him

BatManu20
06-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Tiago's not going anywhere. R.C said he wants both Tiago and Manu back, and that they're going to do everything in their power to get them back. For better or worse.

Russo21
06-28-2013, 03:19 AM
well RC is a dumbass

therealtruth
06-28-2013, 06:43 AM

And Splitter didn't even play enough the last two games to make a difference. Pop was willing to bet our chances on Ginobili but he didn't give Splitter a chance.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-28-2013, 07:07 AM
Some spurs fans are such dumb asses. I bet there is a large contingent of the 'let tiago walk crowd' that was previously part of the 'if tiago had played sooner we would have won a championship' crowd.

Tiago is a good player you idiots.

TrainOfThought5
06-28-2013, 07:11 AM
we're the best in the west and noone else is really that close... lets make unrushed, reasonable decisions.

Bill_Brasky
06-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Would love Tiago back.

People comparing a LMA for Splitter swap to offering Bonner for LeBron are SERIOUSLY overrating Aldridge while at the same time underrating Splitter. Dude is gonna get a HUGE offer and I hope we match.

Baam
06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Lol at matching an huge offer, he doesn't deserve more than Boris, no way.

eDizzle20
06-28-2013, 08:50 AM
we're the best in the west and noone else is really that close... lets make unrushed, reasonable decisions.
OKC is without question

Stabula
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
OKC is without question

Are you serious? Brooks was exposed as a one-dimensional "give the ball to Durant" coach and without Westbrick monkeyballing all over the court their ceiling is the second round. Kevin Martin is no where close to a James Harden and Ibaka has turned into the biggest pussy I've ever seen of someone with his physique. Our best player was hurt all playoff season and we were still a free throw away from beating the superfriends in the Finals and winning it all. Spurs are clearly the best team in the west.

Agloco
06-28-2013, 09:48 AM

Someone mentioned the fact that the Blazers were shopping him quite hard last season, and that they needed a serviceable big in return for him (plus picks). I agree, I don't see it happening but some think that it's not too far fetched.

Agloco
06-28-2013, 09:49 AM
OKC is without question

Prior to the Harden debacle I'd agree.

Baam
06-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Tiago and Green for Batum...

spurspokesman
06-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Prior to the Harden debacle I'd agree.You and me both Ag. I told everybody harden was the motor of that team and that trade just handed the west back to the spurs

look_at_g_shred
06-28-2013, 09:58 AM
You and me both Ag. I told everybody harden was the motor of that team and that trade just handed the west back to the spurs

You also wonder if Westbrook will be the same athlete after his injury..Then no more K-mart either. Will see if they improve via F.A

Knoxxx
06-28-2013, 11:00 AM
You also wonder if Westbrook will be the same athlete after his injury..Then no more K-mart either. Will see if they improve via F.A

How OKC has no cap room?

rascal
06-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Tiago's not going anywhere. R.C said he wants both Tiago and Manu back, and that they're going to do everything in their power to get them back. For better or worse.

It will be for worse. They will over pay for what they will get back.

ducks
06-28-2013, 11:13 AM
splitter is worth about 8-10 million a year imo

ducks
06-28-2013, 11:14 AM
manu is worth the vet min

Baam
06-28-2013, 11:17 AM
So Tiago is worth more than twice as much as Boris? In what universe?

Texas_Ranger
06-28-2013, 11:21 AM
6-7M. If the Spurs give him 10M I'll be on a suicide watch.

coyotes_geek
06-28-2013, 11:34 AM
6-7M. If the Spurs give him 10M I'll be on a suicide watch.

It might not take $10, but it will sure take more than $6-$7. It's just a different cost structure for bigs than it is for the other positions.

Knoxxx
06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Splitter is worth the $5.9 million qualifying offer. I think if he wants much more than that is when we start shopping him for a sign and trade. I believe we would have to decline the QO to do a S&T though.

I still think after signing Tiago we have some cap space to try and get 1-2 quality free agents.

$10 million to Splitter seems a bit much, but we could still have another $10 million to spend if we waive Bonner or $7 million if not. I think we would have to majorly strike out in free agency for Manu to get more than the $2.7 million cap exception.

Bill_Brasky
06-28-2013, 11:50 AM
There are very very few seven footers in this world. Even fewer with the coordination to play basketball. You're fucking delusional if you think he gets any less than 8-9 per.

spurs10
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
What is the timeframe for all this to shake out? Free agency begins on July 1, I know.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2013, 11:53 AM
What is the timeframe for all this to shake out? Free agency begins on July 1, I know.

They can start negotiating and coming to agreements on July 1, but can't sign on the dotted line until the 10th. Spurs have three days to match any contract Splitter may agree to.

Stabula
06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
There are very very few seven footers in this world. Even fewer with the coordination to play basketball. You're fucking delusional if you think he gets any less than 8-9 per.

That's irrelevant if your 7-footer plays like he's a 6-footer, which indeed Splitter does. 7 mill seems to be pretty fair for what Tiago is worth right now especially after his Finals performance.

Knoxxx
06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
10 days seems like a decent time to sift through the realistic free agent options (aside from Howard who is a extreme longshot and I heard may take until July 15) and figure out what the Splitter camp wants.

Baam
06-28-2013, 11:56 AM

Then hopefully it's with another team.

Stabula
06-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Still having unpleasants visions of Splitter getting posted up by Derek Fisher and boxed out by Dwayne Wade.

coyotes_geek
06-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Then hopefully it's with another team.

Got a replacement in mind? Or are you just longing for a return to the days when Tim Duncan was the only guy over 6-10 on the roster?

Baam
06-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Got a replacement in mind? Or are you just longing for a return to the days when Tim Duncan was the only guy over 6-10 on the roster?

Rather gamble on Gasoft being amnistied that sign a terrible 4 years deal with Splitter. Even if nothing happens it's cool, wasting one year is better than wasting 4.

Splitter has played only one full series, he's not that important.

Budkin
06-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Keep him... he can improve and he played great in the regular season.

Knoxxx
06-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Rather gamble on Gasoft being amnistied that sign a terrible 4 years deal with Splitter. Even if nothing happens it's cool, wasting one year is better than wasting 4.

Splitter has played only one full series, he's not that important.

Yes I had thought about Lakers amnesty candidate Gasol a lot could happen. Although Pau is older than Tiago he is a phenomenal passer and certainly not as soft a finisher. Also he has a real nice jumper.

Could you imagine getting Pau for Splitter money?

Beaverfuzz
06-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Aldridge would love to come back "home" and play for San Antonio. He can shoot from the outside and play some decent interior defense. I wouldn't say he's not injury-prone as he's missed more than his share of games this past year. If I was the Spurs, I'd take Hickson over Aldridge personally as you don't need him to score and he can do everything else on the boards/defense.

Of course, then there's the fact that the Spurs need a backup PG since Manu can't do it anymore and Nando/Patty weren't given much opportunities in the playoffs. That one is the biggest key in keeping the Spurs deep playoff runs intact, otherwise all it takes is one more injury to Parker and the Spurs are fucked.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Splitter is worth the $5.9 million qualifying offer. I think if he wants much more than that is when we start shopping him for a sign and trade. I believe we would have to decline the QO to do a S&T though.

I still think after signing Tiago we have some cap space to try and get 1-2 quality free agents.

$10 million to Splitter seems a bit much, but we could still have another $10 million to spend if we waive Bonner or $7 million if not. I think we would have to majorly strike out in free agency for Manu to get more than the $2.7 million cap exception.Couldn't agree more.
There are very very few seven footers in this world. Even fewer with the coordination to play basketball. You're fucking delusional if you think he gets any less than 8-9 per.There is no way in hell that Tiago deserves to get paid more than Tim Duncan.
Got a replacement in mind? Or are you just longing for a return to the days when Tim Duncan was the only guy over 6-10 on the roster?I actually think that if Splitter walks then the Spurs would be forced to pick up a better big man via free agency.
Aldridge would love to come back "home" and play for San Antonio. He can shoot from the outside and play some decent interior defense. I wouldn't say he's not injury-prone as he's missed more than his share of games this past year. If I was the Spurs, I'd take Hickson over Aldridge personally as you don't need him to score and he can do everything else on the boards/defense.

Of course, then there's the fact that the Spurs need a backup PG since Manu can't do it anymore and Nando/Patty weren't given much opportunities in the playoffs. That one is the biggest key in keeping the Spurs deep playoff runs intact, otherwise all it takes is one more injury to Parker and the Spurs are fucked.Nope. Hickson is a terrible defender. If a lot of you guys think that Al Jefferson is a bad defender, then Hickson is 100x worst. http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2013/04/jj-hickson-portland-trail-blazers-free-agency-comments.html

spursince#99
06-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Couldn't agree more. There is no way in hell that Tiago deserves to get paid more than Tim Duncan. I actually think that if Splitter walks then the Spurs would be forced to pick up a better big man via free agency. Nope. Hickson is a terrible defender. If a lot of you guys think that Al Jefferson is a bad defender, then Hickson is 100x worst. http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2013/04/jj-hickson-portland-trail-blazers-free-agency-comments.html

Hickson played out of position defensively due to L.A being incompetent on defense.

therealtruth
06-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Tiago should go to a team where his coach isn't afraid to play him.

dbestpro
06-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Aldridge would love to come back "home" and play for San Antonio. .

There has been some buzz that he wants to play in a major city, Chicago being his first choice.

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 07:42 PM

While I am no fan of Splitter..... And would like to upgrade at the 2 guard, I hardly think that any trade that involves Splitter and Green qualifies as an apt comparison to the scenario you described. Not even close.

now if he had suggested Nando, Bonner and Cojo..............

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 07:44 PM

Mabe, just maybe, Splitter could average more than 5 rebounds a game if he suited up for the Silver Stars.

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 07:49 PM
No, at being a center.

I completely disagree. Splitter is awful.

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 07:51 PM

Then RC's a buck toothed bug eyed inbred dumb ass.

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Some spurs fans are such dumb asses. I bet there is a large contingent of the 'let tiago walk crowd' that was previously part of the 'if tiago had played sooner we would have won a championship' crowd.

Tiago is a good player you idiots.

If you like Splitter... who is physically weak, has no quick twitch muscle fibre, semi talented and plays with no energy... and you want us to spend 10+ million per year for him... then you are the dumb ass, dumb ass.

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 07:57 PM
OKC is without question

Not without Harden, they're not

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 08:02 PM
Keep him... he can improve and he played great in the regular season.

Yes. And then in a few years.... When he's 30..... He'll magically stop being a complete pussy. Right........

3 Legged Dog
06-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Tiago should go to a team where his coach isn't afraid to play him.

Tiago should go play for a high school team..... Where his Man-gina wouldn't be quite so obvious

rascal
06-28-2013, 10:08 PM

What good is it that he is a 7 footer when he plays small.

TheGoldStandard
06-28-2013, 10:14 PM
We need to get him to play some offense against a stationary chair, maybe that'll drive his price up a bit and then we can offer a sign and trade with Portland for Aldridge.

AusSpur
06-28-2013, 10:35 PM
The Blazers just drafted 7 foot Jeff Withey adding to 7 foot Meyers Leonard so hopefully this will end their chase of Splitter which would keep the dollars down on re-signing him.

TheGoldStandard
06-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Who else needs a big?

Russ
06-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Captain Tiago had a great game for Brazil tonight. :toast

Federations Cup Champions!!!:flag:

Beaverfuzz
07-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. There is no way in hell that Tiago deserves to get paid more than Tim Duncan. I actually think that if Splitter walks then the Spurs would be forced to pick up a better big man via free agency. Nope. Hickson is a terrible defender. If a lot of you guys think that Al Jefferson is a bad defender, then Hickson is 100x worst. http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2013/04/jj-hickson-portland-trail-blazers-free-agency-comments.html

Hickson was out of position and had to pick up for LA's lack of defense. Hickson just needs to get his conditioning down, he wasn't much more than a 24 minute player.

FireMicoHalili
07-02-2013, 07:38 AM
Can we at least make Tiago look good here so his trade value shoots up? Betting some Blazers fans and some writers are already lurking

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2014, 02:23 AM
These bums about to bluff RC into overpaying Diaw smh

Mayhem321
07-07-2014, 07:16 PM
I didn't want to post a new thread just for it, but I found it pretty cool...

http://www.ahebrasil.com.br/upload/fotos/2014/06/17/bas_splitterduncan_reprod_625.jpg

This is 16 year old Splitter with a Tim Duncan post on his bedroom wall.

baseline bum
07-07-2014, 07:21 PM

http://www.ahebrasil.com.br/upload/fotos/2014/06/17/bas_splitterduncan_reprod_625.jpg

What's he doing with the cum towel though?

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 07:24 PM

Are you sure that's a Duncan poster? It looks like a Nets' player.

Edit: I now see the Duncan poster over his shoulder. My bad.

Mayhem321
07-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Are you sure that's a Duncan poster? It looks like a Nets' player.
The other poster... the one right over his shoulder.

DJR210
07-07-2014, 07:28 PM

Yeah, but that poster of RJ on the other side effectively neutralizes the Duncan one.

Mayhem321
07-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah, but that poster of RJ on the other side effectively neutralizes the Duncan one.
The picture quality is so bad... I thought that was Vince Carter.
And I can't tell who is the Spurs player next to Duncan at all

DJR210
07-07-2014, 07:36 PM
The picture quality is so bad... I thought that was Vince Carter.
And I can't tell who is the Spurs player next to Duncan at all

:lol the only black dude that tall at that time would have to be D-Rob. Also, that has to be RJ. This would explain where he gets the "faggot" aspect of his game he occasionally showcases.

FlAVaK
07-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I guess it's Malik...

MeloHype
07-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but that poster of RJ on the other side effectively neutralizes the Duncan one.that's Kenyon Martin

Mayhem321
07-07-2014, 08:12 PM
that's Kenyon Martin
And the guy next to Duncan?
Is it really Malik Rose?

DMX7
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
:lol the only black dude that tall at that time would have to be D-Rob.

Almost looks like Chris Webber.

MeloHype
07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
And the guy next to Duncan?
Is it really Malik Rose?
Idk, it looks similar to this one but idk

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/b1/51/1c/b1511c2dde71883f0455bc4f02de62d4.jpg

spurraider21
07-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Idk, it looks similar to this one but idk

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/b1/51/1c/b1511c2dde71883f0455bc4f02de62d4.jpg
duncan's right hand is on his waist in the splitter photo, arms aren't crossed

MeloHype
07-07-2014, 08:38 PM
duncan's right hand is on his waist in the splitter photo, arms aren't crossed
That's why I said similar to splitters poster

manufan10
07-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I guess it's Malik...

I think it is Malik as well. He's shorter than Duncan so no way it's D-Rob.

Kindergarten Cop
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
I think it is Malik as well. He's shorter than Duncan so no way it's D-Rob.

I actually think that it's an NBA player from another team.

DJR210
07-07-2014, 09:19 PM
that's Kenyon Martin

Don't you ruin it for me

manufan10
07-07-2014, 09:30 PM
I actually think that it's an NBA player from another team.

Quite possible.

Aztecfan03
07-07-2014, 09:36 PM
:lol the only black dude that tall at that time would have to be D-Rob. Also, that has to be RJ. This would explain where he gets the "faggot" aspect of his game he occasionally showcases.

It looks like the other guy is a couple inches shorter than Duncan though.

spurs108
07-07-2014, 10:35 PM
That would be my guess. The jersey matches. 1999 season.

http://ballislife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/steve-nash.8608820N.jpg

DJR210
07-07-2014, 11:21 PM
:lol @ the mystery that stupid ass pic started

jARS mEsH sEt
07-07-2014, 11:26 PM

Trust me this place is littered with far shittier threads made by bnsfs (the usual culprits).

Mayhem321
07-07-2014, 11:43 PM
:lol @ the mystery that stupid ass pic started

I think someone should send a tweet to Tiago asking about a poster he had in his room 12 years ago
It's the only way to solve this mystery :lol

DJR210
07-07-2014, 11:52 PM
I think someone should send a tweet to Tiago asking about a poster he had in his room 12 years ago
It's the only way to solve this mystery :lol

I bet he would respond too, considering the pic is so obscure and stupid.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-08-2014, 03:33 AM
It's got to be Malik.

Cool find on the pic. :tu