Bruno
06-24-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_lamarcus_aldridge.jpg
Born: Jul 19, 1985
Height: 6-11 / 2.11
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108.9 kg.
Prior to NBA / Country: Texas / USA
Years Pro: 6

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lamarcus_aldridge/career_stats.html)

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks, Bruno.

This would totally be a swing-for-the-fences type of move, and it would burn pretty much all of the team's cap space unless they traded players like Green or Diaw. But given the Blazers' interest in Splitter, I'd say it's pretty possible the teams would work out a deal if they want to. What works in the Spurs' favor is that Portland seems desperate for a center after losing out on Hibbert last season. If Pop and Co. feel that Baynes can be a good backup center, then it's totally worth it in my mind to make the trade, despite LA's injury issues.

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Initially I had this guy mixed up with Demarcus Cousins. Holy smokes he has even better numbers 21 and 9, really?!? No way I could see Portland being dumb enough to give us this guy for Splitter?

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Why is Aldridge not an adquate center for Portland and why would Splitter be?

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Why is Aldridge not an adquate center for Portland and why would Splitter be?

Aldridge in sort of like Bosh in that he can score inside, but he's more of a mid-range big. Bosh seems more willing to bang inside on defense, though, which isn't LA's thing at all (defense in general, actually). At first, the team just wanted a center to play NEXT to Aldridge, but now that he's getting on in years and costing so much, they're trying to get a PnR center to play with Lillard.

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 05:34 PM
A big with any offensive game is huge compared to Splitter who we can't even keep on the court against the Heat. 21 PTs per game is huge! Really what we need is someone who can help anchor the second unit while resting Tim without letting the other team go on a run. So there I am placing scoring at a premium in comparison to defense.

I do see that LA at least gets 1.2 blocks per game. In our system we could at least hope he offers the rim protection of Splitter and if we need a physical big to body a Gasol or Howard there is still Baynes.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Don't overlook the Baynes factor, either. He could be a good defensive anchor for the bench, and he's also good in the PnR, which should help replace some of what they'd lose with Splitter.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Instant West champion move...barring injuries, of course.

CGD
06-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Hmm, not sure about this one. I still think they want a center to go with LA. Also they won't have to really pay Lillard until LA's big deal is off the books. Their contracts aren't exactly bad tbh.

If LA is moved, I still think they try to pry Tiago first before moving him in a separate deal. They certainly have the capspace.

Strategic
06-24-2013, 06:47 PM
I've always been a big fan of Aldridge. I think he would fit great with the Spurs.

CGD
06-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Aldridge's D is terrible, but makes up for it on O.
Sounds like the same criticisms folks make about Al Jefferson as a fit on the spurs.

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Instant West champion move...barring injuries, of course.

I'm viewing it about as realistic as Howard to the Spurs at this point...

ace3g
06-24-2013, 07:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14OFENyR0I

Chinook
06-24-2013, 08:16 PM
One thing I'll say about LA is that his game is really ugly nowadays. He's taking a lot of strange jump shots that just happen to go in on those highlights. He seriously reminds me of Randolph in the 2011 series against the Spurs. When you compare that video with one from a couple of years ago, the difference is astounding.

EDIT: Here's an example of Prime Aldridge (from two years ago). You can't tell me that he hasn't fallen off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuEFIJEdV3A

look_at_g_shred
06-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Have always loved this guys game!! Maybe Spurs can work out a deal with the blazers since they are already interested in Splitter. They could throw Neal in the deal. The blazers really need scoring help coming off the bench.

baseline bum
06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
Portland's not trading LaMarcus Algridge for Tiago Splitter :rollin

Let's trade Manu for Harden next!

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:13 PM

Or Harden for Kevin Martin :rollin

or Jeff Green for Kendrick Perkins :rollin

or Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown :rollin

or...

I don't think I'm doing it right...

CGD
06-24-2013, 09:21 PM
Not sure im sold but if the spurs are gonna lose Splitter, might as well try to get something in return. Can't think of better value to start next to Tim on the offensive end. Spacing would not be an issue. Dude looks to need a fresh start. D is a concern but spurs would be losing splitter anyway.

what gets it done? Splitter (10M) + DeColo (1.4M) + 28th (900k) for LA (14.6M)? Spurs would have to eat about 2.3M.
the other option is to include Bonner for DeColo, but I'd like to keep him for a draft day deal if possible.

baseline bum
06-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Or Harden for Kevin Martin :rollin

or Jeff Green for Kendrick Perkins :rollin

or Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown :rollin

or...

I don't think I'm doing it right...

Kwame Brown was an expiring deal and the Grizzlies were looking to slash payroll. Whereas here the Blazers would be shipping out their best player to overpay someone much worse.

DesignatedT
06-24-2013, 09:25 PM
:lol

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Kwame Brown was an expiring deal and the Grizzlies were looking to slash payroll. Whereas here the Blazers would be shipping out their best player to overpay someone much worse.

The point is that it's not absurd that players get traded for packages that do not include a near-equal player coming back. There are always extenuating circumstances that drive the trades, and Aldridge's health issues and contract are big ones here. Even if he's overpaid, Splitter is slated to cost about half of what LA will cost for the next two seasons. That difference opens up a max contract that they can use to overpay for another player (like Smith or Evans).

The fact is Aldridge hasn't really gotten them anywhere in six years, so he certainly shouldn't be untouchable now that he's starting to show some troubling signs of slowing down. Moving him for Splitter is certainly not any worse than moving Rudy Gay for Tayshaun Prince.

benefactor
06-24-2013, 09:48 PM
I can't believe how people are overrating Aldridge. He's a good player but let's not act like he some sort of franchise big. The Blazers might not do a Splitter/1st rounder deal but they aren't getting another star in return or multiple starting level players...especially considering his contract and history.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Not sure im sold but if the spurs are gonna lose Splitter, might as well try to get something in return. Can't think of better value to start next to Tim on the offensive end. Spacing would not be an issue. Dude looks to need a fresh start. D is a concern but spurs would be losing splitter anyway.

what gets it done? Splitter (10M) + DeColo (1.4M) + 28th (900k) for LA (14.6M)? Spurs would have to eat about 2.3M.
the other option is to include Bonner for DeColo, but I'd like to keep him for a draft day deal if possible.

If Splitter gets a deal that big, then the Spurs can actually trade him while going under the cap, which would be amazing. They serious could pursue a free agent like Evans and trade for Aldridge in the same off-season. Before your post, I considered it an either/or thing.

CGD
06-24-2013, 10:13 PM
If Splitter gets a deal that big, then the Spurs can actually trade him while going under the cap, which would be amazing. They serious could pursue a free agent like Evans and trade for Aldridge in the same off-season. Before your post, I considered it an either/or thing.

I'm assuming that the Spurs would match anything upto 10m, so that's why I used that figure as the baseline. The extra capspace should enable Portland to pursue another max player like Josh Smith (which you mention elsewhere, I forget), essentially replacing LA.

Im still intrigued by Dallas' 13th pick (i like Adams), and if it takes someone accepting Marion's deal in return I think the Spurs can offer Dallas great relief to pursue Howard by trading Bonner's partial (4m) + Patty (1.1) and eating the difference. Marion would be a good backup SF and the Spurs draft size to groom next year in anticipation of Diaw/Duncan leaving.

i haven't done the math to see whether they have the capspace to do both deals, but it seems to be in the ballpark. Of course the biggest weakness I still see is getting another creator, so I'm partial to Evans. If both deals can be done, that would be somethingsomething

Chinook
06-24-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm assuming that the Spurs would match anything upto 10m, so that's why I used that figure as the baseline. The extra capspace should enable Portland to pursue another max player like Josh Smith (which you mention elsewhere, I forget), essentially replacing LA.

Im still intrigued by Dallas' 13th pick (i like Adams), and if it takes someone accepting Marion's deal in return I think the Spurs can offer Dallas great relief to pursue Howard by trading Bonner's partial (4m) + Patty (1.1) and eating the difference. Marion would be a good backup SF and the Spurs draft size to groom next year in anticipation of Diaw/Duncan leaving.

i haven't done the math to see whether they have the capspace to do both deals, but it seems to be in the ballpark. Of course the biggest weakness I still see is getting another creator, so I'm partial to Evans. If both deals can be done, that would be somethingsomething

I'll go ahead and confirm that they do have the cap space to do both deal, provided Ginobili takes the room exception. They'll have about $11 Million if they renounce Ginobili and keep Splitter's cap hold. They'd need to extend a QO to Neal. Then, they can use $9.4 Million on Marion, use the other bit for the cap holds from their first-rounders, (it takes about that much for both of their cap holds). Then they can do the Aldridge trade, which takes them over the cap by about $4 Million. Then they can re-sign Ginobili to the room exception. Then they can either re-sign Neal or S&T him. Finally, they can sign their draft picks. All that will push the Spurs to a roster size of 14 and about $69 Million in salary, which is just under the tax, but under enough to sign a player like a second-rounder or someone to fill in mid-season.

Wow, that would be one hell of an off-season.

look_at_g_shred
06-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Blazers would be shipping out their best player
Lillard says hi!

baseline bum
06-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Lillard says hi!

I didn't say second best tbh.

DesignatedT
06-24-2013, 11:09 PM
What are the Cleveland Cavaliers seeking in exchange for the No. 1 pick? Sources say they reached out to the Portland Trail Blazers in an attempt to land LaMarcus Aldridge for the Nos. 1 and 19 picks. The Blazers quickly rebuffed them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60257/flurry-of-trade-talks-surrounding-draft

Chinook
06-24-2013, 11:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/60257/flurry-of-trade-talks-surrounding-draft

Interesting, since Libri just posted that Portland is desperately trying to get the pick.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Although Memphis apparently turned down the first-overall pick in 2011 for Rudy Gay. Yeah, I bet they wish they had done that deal right about now...

Kineto
06-25-2013, 02:32 AM

this.

Splitter is OLDER than Aldridge ! why would they dump an All Star for a player who was no longer a starter for us at the end of the PO ?!!!

jesterbobman
06-25-2013, 04:34 AM
I can't see Splitter, or Splitter + 28, or Splitter, Nando, 28 and a future first for Aldridge. I get that they'd be targeting Smith/Millsap as well, but Aldridge is a better player. He's not Duncan as a franchise big, but no-one is. He can do the mid range shooting stuff from a big, and fits the Duncan role as a 4/5 who can shoot mid range shots at decent efficiency. He's a franchise level big man, and that isn't available for A Good Center and role players.

It's not like he's ancient either. He came in in 2006, but he's only 27 now. He's a tall shooter, so his game should age well going forward. I understand wanting a trade, but I don't get anyone seeing it as a logical/likely event.

Spursfanfromafar
06-25-2013, 04:38 AM
Blazers will be crazy to give up Aldridge for anything. If anything, they will build around him.

intlspurshk
06-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Cav offers 1st pick according to hoopshype

Captivus
06-25-2013, 07:59 AM
I like LA, his contrat is a little to big...just a little, 14.1 and 15.2...
If he remains healthy he would be awesome addition, and Im almost 100% sure he will play even better in the Spurs.
I also have faith in Baynes, this team needs more rebounds and a stronger defender than Tiago, Baynes could be the answer fot that second unit with Diaw.

The Cavs are scared, and dont want to make a mistake and pick Noel...they rather not pick him and lose him than pick him and BOOM! Bynum! They could pick another player, but that will mean they made a mistake if Noel becomes a superstar...

Mr Bones
06-26-2013, 10:26 PM
You can't compare LaMarcus Aldridge and Al Jefferson. The difference they make to their teams is like night and day.

+/- rating for 2012-2013

Aldridge: +9.1 (http://www.82games.com/1213/1213POR.HTM)
Jefferson: -8.2 (http://www.82games.com/1213/1213UTA.HTM)

Chinook
06-26-2013, 10:33 PM
^Entirely true. I want no part of Al Jefferson.

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Looks like LA will most likely end up in LA....fuck!!

ace3g
06-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
(http://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO)Said repeatedly Blazers won't move LaMarcus Aldridge. I was wrong. Told tonight they'd be willing, but want 2 first-rounders and player(s).

Chinook
06-26-2013, 11:43 PM
So all the Cavs needed to do is add players, eh? Seems like they could do that with Thomson and Waiters. The Spurs could do it as well. But you'd think Chicago would be in the lead right now.

elemento
06-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Cavs wouldn't add both TT and Waiters + 1st pick for LMA.

As for the Bulls, they would have to add Noah and I think it would be a dumb move. LMA is a great player, but so is Noah and it's way harder to find a very good starting material Center these days.

spurraider21
06-27-2013, 12:29 AM
is Portland retarded? :lol

Mal
06-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
(http://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO)Said repeatedly Blazers won't move LaMarcus Aldridge. I was wrong. Told tonight they'd be willing, but want 2 first-rounders and player(s).

Spurs` 2014, 2016 and Splitter could do it ?

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2013, 09:23 AM

Instead of 2014 first round i'd give tonight's. Next years draft is supposed to be fairly strong

Mal
06-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Instead of 2014 first round i'd give tonight's. Next years draft is supposed to be fairly strong

This not gonna happen either way, but I put 2014 cause this draft is weak as shit :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/6/27/4470464/haynes-lamarcus-aldridge-loves-portland-interested-in-trade-to-bulls

Supposedly wants a trade to a bigger market.

Chinook
06-27-2013, 11:32 AM
:lol Aldridge trying to call shots like he's a superstar. He'd be lucky to win a ring as a third option, let alone as a first. Portland may end up keeping him too long and dealing him at the 2015 deadline for an expiring and a late-first-rounder.

Baam
06-27-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm cool with him wanting a big market, I don't like the fit here.

And yeah it's pretty funny.

td4mvp2k
06-27-2013, 12:17 PM

+ ndc n neal

buttsR4rebounding
06-28-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/6/27/4470464/haynes-lamarcus-aldridge-loves-portland-interested-in-trade-to-bulls

Supposedly wants a trade to a bigger market.

Bigger than Portland? How about Milwaukee? What's not a bigger market than Portland?:greedy

Raven
06-28-2013, 02:59 PM
he's pretty much the best pf in the game right now, we are not getting him for splitter.. (no i don't consider duncan as a pf anymore)

td4mvp2k
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
he's pretty much the best pf in the game right now, we are not getting him for splitter.. (no i don't consider duncan as a pf anymore)

:toast

DesignatedT
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Him or Love.

Chinook
07-04-2015, 05:05 PM
:cry Thread title updated :cry

:lol Aldridge trying to call shots like he's a superstar. He'd be lucky to win a ring as a third option, let alone as a first. Portland may end up keeping him too long and dealing him at the 2015 deadline for an expiring and a late-first-rounder.

:lol ended up getting nothing for him.

kawhidoyoudothistome
07-08-2015, 04:23 AM
:cry Thread title updated :cry

:lol ended up getting nothing for him.
Think he'd be able to win a ring as the 2nd option?

random21
07-08-2015, 09:19 AM
I think its going to work out....:toast

Rk ▴
Player
From
To
G
GS
MP
FG
FGA
FG%
3P
3PA
3P%
2P
2PA
2P%
eFG%
FT
FTA
FT%
ORB
DRB
TRB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS

LaMarcus Aldridge (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html)

Tiago Splitter (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/splitti01.html)

Spurs9
07-08-2015, 10:57 AM
itshappening.gif