06-24-2013, 08:24 PM
The most important thing.Do not overpay Ginobili
Do not resign Splitter

RD2191
06-24-2013, 08:27 PM
:lmao

dallasmaverickslose
06-24-2013, 08:28 PM
So the Spurs will play only 4 players in the 2nd unit? That will be historic!

DesignatedT
06-24-2013, 08:29 PM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Confused.gif

DOS CHAINZ
06-24-2013, 08:33 PM
NO way Josh takes paycut. He aint bout that life. He's looking to be paid to lose aka Joe Johnson status. Millsap maybe with a 10 per contract & I think Jack will get paid & he may want to start. Houston seems right for him.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Amnesty Bonner
Pray Diaw eats somewhere else and passes his PO
Sign Manu to veteran minimum
Salary Cap boost to 62 million

That would leave us with 30 million
Sign Millsap 8mill per year
Sigh Josh Smith 12mil per year
Sign Jack 6-7 mil per year
Sign Chris Copeland for 3-4 mill per year
Back pay late contracts

PG-Parker-Jack
SG-Green-Manu
SF-Kawhi-Copeland
PF-Millsap-Josh Smith
C-Duncan-Josh Smith

2013-2014 Nba champs-70 wins-WOOHOO!

Lolrible, no offense, man.

The cap isn't going to boost, and Diaw isn't going to opt out. The first thing we know for sure now. The second is pretty likely unless the Spurs want to give him a longer deal.

Jack sucks, and Copeland sucks. Smith isn't bad, but he's not worth the money and won't come off the bench. He's also not a center. Millsap pretty much sucks, but he's the most realistic acquisition you have.

ViceCity84
06-24-2013, 08:42 PM

The cap isn't going to boost, and Diaw isn't going to opt out. The first thing we know for sure now. The second is pretty likely unless the Spurs want to give him a longer deal.

Jack sucks, and Copeland sucks. Smith isn't bad, but he's not worth the money and won't come off the bench. He's also not a center. Millsap pretty much sucks, but he's the most realistic acquisition you have.

Tiago Splitter fanclub.Where can I sign?

TXstbobcat
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
The spurs are going to offer Manu a lot more than the veteran minimum.
Diaw will most likely opt into the final year of his 2 year deal.
Josh Smith wants a max deal and the spurs won't offer him that.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Here's my ideal mock off-season.

If the Spurs stay over the cap:

Trade Bonner and Mills for Derrick Williams.

Re-sign Ginobili and Splitter for whatever they want unless Splitter gets a stupid offer, in which case S&T him for the best big they can.

Use the MLE on Aminu and Prigioni.

If the Spurs go under the cap:

Re-sign Ginobili for the room exception.

Sign Tyreke Evans for $8-10 Million.

Re-sign Splitter for $6.5 Million or trade him and De Colo for a big

Sign Aminu for about $2 Million

Sign Prigioni or Watson for the minimum.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Tiago Splitter fanclub.Where can I sign?

I didn't say anything about Splitter. I think he's useful and should be brought back, but I'm not against upgrading. I just don't think Millsap is anywhere near an upgrade.

TrainOfThought5
06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Amnesty Bonner

Back pay late contracts

PG-Parker-Jack
SG-Green-Manu
SF-Kawhi-Copeland
PF-Millsap-Josh Smith
C-Duncan-Josh Smith

Just Replace Josh Smith backing up Duncan with Baynes................... THEN WAKE THE FUCK UP.

if you think Josh Smith is going to come to San Antonio where he cant launch 30% FG 20 foot jumpers to his pleasure AND come off the bench behind Paul Millsap who is an inferior player, youre dreaming your ass off.

RD2191
06-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Derrick Williams:lmao

playblair
06-24-2013, 08:55 PM
let splitter walk ................. bring over hanga.................

parker/cojo............
green/manu/mills..............
kawhi/hanga...............
blair/diaw.............
duncan/baynes............

Arcadian
06-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Phase 1: Collect Underpants

Phase 2: ???

Phase 3: Profit

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Here's my ideal mock off-season.
If the Spurs stay over the cap:
Trade Bonner and Mills for Derrick Williams.
Re-sign Ginobili and Splitter for whatever they want unless Splitter gets a stupid offer, in which case S&T him for the best big they can.
Use the MLE on Aminu and Prigioni.
If the Spurs go under the cap:
Re-sign Ginobili for the room exception.
Sign Tyreke Evans for $8-10 Million.
Re-sign Splitter for $6.5 Million or trade him and De Colo for a big
Sign Aminu for about $2 Million
Sign Prigioni or Watson for the minimum.Resign Splitter and Manu for whatever they want? GTFO of here. Manu needs to retire or take veteran's minimum at the most. Splitter can't even shoot over Mike Miller and Norris Cole. How much better is Prigioni than CoJo? Prigioni is as old as my grandma. Were you born in Argentina?

OP I like your little dream team but these people don't understand that it's just that, a dream. You can also switch out Al Jefferson for Josh Smith because Al Jefferson is a more realistic scenario.

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Derrick Williams:lmaoYup. This illustrates the great basketball IQ.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Resign Splitter and Manu for whatever they want? GTFO of here. Manu needs to retire or take veteran's minimum at the most. Splitter can't even shoot over Mike Miller and Norris Cole. How much better is Prigioni than CoJo? Prigioni is as old as my grandma. Were you born in Argentina?

The whole reason why I said, "re-sign Ginobili and Splitter for whatever they want", is because if the team stays over the cap, it doesn't matter what those make. They could make $10 Million each, and the team would still be under the tax. Prigioni is old, but he's solid, can run an offense and can shoot from outside. He has chemistry with Ginobili, which would help the second unit, and he still allows the team to develop Joseph and De Colo. As I said in the second scenario, CJ Watson isn't a bad choice, either.

MeloHype
06-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Drugs are bad. mkay
You shouldn't do drugs. mkay
If you do them your bad, because drugs are bad. mkay
It's a bad thing to do drugs, so don't be bad by doing drugs. mkay
Don't be bad. mkay

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Derrick Williams:lmao

What's the harm in Williams? Trading Bonner for him makes perfect sense. If he ends up busting, he's a good-sized expiring contract. If he ends up reaching his potential, he's a future cornerstone. Pretty good gamble for the team's trash.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2013, 09:12 PM
My ideal offseason: Re-sign Manu, sign Tyreke Evans, trade Tiago/Danny/pick for LaMarcus Aldridge.

Duncan/Baynes
Aldridge/Diaw/Bonner
Leonard/draft pick
Evans/Manu/De Colo
Tony/Joseph/Mills

Knoxxx
06-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Here's my nightmare offseason scenario:

Resign Splitter $8 million
Resign Manu $ 6 million
Resign Neal $3 million
Keep Bonner

All cap space gone, same team minus Blair with roster of 13 not counting McGrady.

ElNono
06-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I have seen Prigioni quite a bit, and he wouldn't work for what the Spurs need on the 2nd unit, IMO, because he's not a player that commands attention... He's a solid team-player, good defense, but he's not really aggressive offensively. He's a much more experienced CoJo in a way of speaking. I think the Spurs need more players that are a concern for the opposing team in the second unit. I think Kawhi getting a bigger role and playing a bit with the bench will help, but ideally you want a backup PG that can hit a jumper, or even a guy like Millsap out there, that doesn't rely solely on the pick and roll to get anything done.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:31 PM
I have seen Prigioni quite a bit, and he wouldn't work for what the Spurs need on the 2nd unit, IMO, because he's not a player that commands attention... He's a solid team-player, good defense, but he's not really aggressive offensively. He's a much more experienced CoJo in a way of speaking.

I really only saw him in the Knicks' playoff series, but he seemed capable of handling the ball well and hitting open shots. I think that would have gone a long way against Miami. That's what I was thinking about when I suggested picking him up. CJ Watson may be better, but I don't think the team needs to spend a lot of money on another point-guard.

I think the Spurs need more players that are a concern for the opposing team in the second unit. I think Kawhi getting a bigger role and playing a bit with the bench will help, but ideally you want a backup PG that can hit a jumper, or even a guy like Millsap out there, that doesn't rely solely on the pick and roll to get anything done.

I agree. The Spurs need someone they can go to for shots when the system breaks down. Even Al Jefferson with all his limitations would be good as a bench big if only for that reason (not saying that's even remotely possible or that he'd be worth the contract). That's why I like Evans. A Prigioni/Ginobili/Evans perimeter unit would have a lot of creators who should be able to take advantage of poor defensive rotations, and adding in finishers like Aminu and Baynes should help even more.

PlayNando
06-24-2013, 09:32 PM
KEEP NANDO.

START NANDO NEXT YEAR.

Play Nando...........

ElNono
06-24-2013, 09:42 PM
I really only saw him in the Knicks' playoff series, but he seemed capable of handling the ball well and hitting open shots. I think that would have gone a long way against Miami. That's what I was thinking about when I suggested picking him up. CJ Watson may be better, but I don't think the team needs to spend a lot of money on another point-guard.

He really, really is reluctant to shoot. He has taken the big balls shot here or there, but he's not really a guy that feels comfortable with his shot unless he's in a hot streak... I also think he'll be back with the Knicks unless they don't want him back, which I don't think is the case...

jjktkk
06-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Amnesty Bonner

Back pay late contracts

PG-Parker-Jack
SG-Green-Manu
SF-Kawhi-Copeland
PF-Millsap-Josh Smith
C-Duncan-Josh Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNYKxiRJ2LA

Chinook
06-24-2013, 09:52 PM
He really, really is reluctant to shoot. He has taken the big balls shot here or there, but he's not really a guy that feels comfortable with his shot unless he's in a hot streak... I also think he'll be back with the Knicks unless they don't want him back, which I don't think is the case...

So do you think a Nate Robinson--type of a player is better?

ElNono
06-24-2013, 09:57 PM
So do you think a Nate Robinson--type of a player is better?

In theory, yeah... but I just don't know if the FO considers him Spurs material...

InK
06-24-2013, 09:58 PM
What happened to Tyreke Evans after his rookie season tbh? I know he got injured, but he seemed like a fantastic player that first year...and haven't heard much about him after that injury.

BatManu20
06-24-2013, 10:00 PM
In theory, yeah... but I just don't know if the FO considers him Spurs material...

Same with Josh Smith.

06-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Ideal scenario: First buy out Bonner. Get Ginobili to re-sign for the under the cap MLE, which should be 2.6 million. Re-sign Splitter for 8 million. That should leave 13 million to sign OJ Mayo and another wing like Dunleavy.

Splitter/Baynes
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/Dunleavy
Mayo/Green/Ginobili
Parker/Joseph

ElNono
Tyreke is an incredibly talented player, but he's also an egomaniac with a bad attitude... I still remember Nocioni comments about him after he left the NBA...

“I can’t really say what I want to say because I’m on TV… Incredible talent, but I think teams sometimes should be tougher on the younger guys. What he brought to Sacramento was trouble in the locker room and that doesn’t take you nowhere."

I expect the Spurs to be aware of that memo, and I haven't seen anything from Evans that would indicate he has changed his attitude...

Chinook
What happened to Tyreke Evans after his rookie season tbh? I know he got injured, but he seemed like a fantastic player that first year...and haven't heard much about him after.

He wasn't really considered a potential star in his second and third seasons, but now he is considered one again after a breakout year.

Funny thing is, he's averaged the same per 36 numbers his whole career (18/5/4/2/1), so he's really been the same while his playing time has decreased. His PER and WS/48 were higher in his first and fourth years than they were in his middle years, though. Still, consistent per 36 numbers are what you want to see from a potential sixth man.

Chinook
06-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Ideal scenario: First buy out Bonner. Get Ginobili to re-sign for the under the cap MLE, which should be 2.6 million. Re-sign Splitter for 8 million. That should leave 13 million to sign OJ Mayo and another wing like Dunleavy.

Splitter/Baynes
Duncan/Diaw
Leonard/Dunleavy
Mayo/Green/Ginobili
Parker/Joseph

I don't hate Mayo, but I don't think he should start in that scenario. He'd make a fine back-court mate with Ginobili coming off the bench.

ffadicted
06-24-2013, 10:05 PM
:)

ElNono
06-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Mayo was pretty damn awful with the Mavs... it's really puzzling what happened there with him...

Tyrone Jenkins
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Off-season plans must first start w/ a declaration of what is needed (and what isn't):

1). Backup PG that can score/dish/defend well enough to spell TP in the playoffs. Realistic candidates:

Devin Harris - 30 yrs old, decent scorer and passer but not known for defense. Will be expensive and may not like backup role that much
Nate Robinson - 29 yrs old, streaky shooter and is NOT afraid to shoot (shoots too much). Defensive liability but familiar w/ being a backup and could be fairly inspirational coming off the bench. Ok choice as backup if price is right.
Rodrique Beaubois - 25 yrs old, good shooter/slasher and defender but injury prone. Should be cheap but is an RFA and will cost pics
Will Bynum - 30 yrs old, good shooter (not from 3 pt range though) and OK defender. Solid but not exceptional. Might be pricy. OK choice as backup
Jarrett Jack - 29 yrs old, decent shooter from all over, good defender and used to coming off bench. Ideal backup for TP if price is right but he may not want to leave Golden State.
DJ Augustin - 25 yrs old, good shooter and passer, shorter but plays decent defense. May want to stay in Indiana but ideal TP backup
Chauncey Billups - 36 yrs old, great passer, decent shooter and excellent leader. Older and injury prone. Probably costly for a backup. Less than ideal choice.
Jerryd Bayless - 24 yrs old, decent passer, shooter, defender. Might not want to be a backup and/or leave Memphis. Should be good value though
Eric Maynor - 26 yrs old, OK shooter, passer, better defender. Should be cheap but production is just OK (may not be better than Cory)
Sebastian Telfair - 28 yrs old, much like Eric Maynor
Randy Foye - 28 yrs old, great player, scorer, leader, defender and passer. Good size and ideal backup for TP. May be costly but Utah has 4 PGs as UFAs. Excellent choice as a backup for TP.
Mo Williams - 30 yrs old, decent shooter, shorter and liability on defense. Somewhat of an attitude but shows lots of effort. Not a bad option as a backup but may be more costly.

I say Jarrett Jack, Randy Foye or possibly take a chance w/ Rodrique Beaubois.

2). Shooting guard - keep Green and Ginobili (vet min) and pick up Reggie Bullock or Glen Rice Jr in the draft.

3). Small Forward - another veteran (other than Tracy McGrady) needed. Hopefull, Davis Bertans will be one of the additions. A vet is needed also who have the size, speed and will to defend the 2, 3 and 4, can knock down open 3s and isn't afraid to bang for rebounds. Likely UFA candidates include:

Matt Barnes - 33 yrs old, gritty defender, decent shooter. Should be fairly cheap but may be a character concern.
Chase Budinger - 25 yrs old. Good shooter, slower defender but has lots of heart. Can jump fairly well and will bang on the boards. Should be cheap and decent option for backup SF but is an RFA (will cost draft pic(s)).
Andrei Kirilenko - 33 yrs old but gritty defender and good shooter. Will be fairly costly and may not want to be a backup. Has been known to have an attitude.
Chris Copeland - 29 yrs old, good defender and shooter. Great option as backup SF but is an RFA and will cost draft pics. Plus, he may not want to leave NY but may leave for more $ (was paid < $500k last yr).
Dorell Wright - 29 yrs old, good defender and shooter. Great option as backup SF. May be costly
Mikael Pietrus - 31 yrs old. Perfect model SF for Spurs (foreign, good defender and decent shooter) but injury prone. Should be fairly cheap
Martell Webster - 26 yrs old. Great model fof SF (defender, shooter, slasher). May be just the right price.
Trevor Ariza - 27 yrs old. Same as Martell Webster but MUCH more expensive.

4). Power Forward is a trick position for the Spurs. Bonner is a stretch 4 that the team needs but his defense and rebounding are a liability. Splitter is OK but needs much more experience to get to the point where he's holding his own during the playoffs. One of the stash and dash players from the past needs to step up (Ryan Richards for example) or perhaps Bertans can play the 4 as well.

5). Tim Duncan and Splitter.

raybies
06-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Francisco Garcia also would be a solid pick up. Defends well and can shoot the 3. Would be a cheap addition.

Would like to say just because we might have the money doesn't mean we spend it.. some teams might look to salary dump. Take Memphis and Cleveland this year... Don't think the spurs go that route considering the learning curve on the system though.

TheGreatYacht
06-24-2013, 11:18 PM

Resign Manu $ 6 million
Resign Neal $3 million
Keep Bonner

All cap space gone, same team minus Blair with roster of 13 not counting McGrady.LMAO I won't be watching the Spurs next season if this happens because I know that a lot of young teams in the West are going to get better such as Houston, GSW, OKC, and the Clippers. Funny thing is that there are probably some peeps on this site that would actually be happy with this scenario of staying pat while Duncan and Parker get a year older.

InK
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
He wasn't really considered a potential star in his second and third seasons, but now he is considered one again after a breakout year.

Funny thing is, he's averaged the same per 36 numbers his whole career (18/5/4/2/1), so he's really been the same while his playing time has decreased. His PER and WS/48 were higher in his first and fourth years than they were in his middle years, though. Still, consistent per 36 numbers are what you want to see from a potential sixth man.

What do u think, how much money is Tyreke getting? It just seems that he is an ideal fit skill wise for the Spurs, his ability to run and finish in traffic is top notch as well. An oversized PG, who can handle the ball, guard 2's, running the court with TP just sounds absurdly good on paper. If Spurs get him by some miraculous turn of events, it would be the best off season for them in a long long while...

Chinook
06-25-2013, 03:27 AM
What do u think, how much money is Tyreke getting? It just seems that he is an ideal fit skill wise for the Spurs, his ability to run and finish in traffic is top notch as well. An oversized PG, who can handle the ball, guard 2's, running the court with TP just sounds absurdly good on paper. If Spurs get him by some miraculous turn of events, it would be the best off season for them in a long long while...

Anywhere from $30M/4 to $50M/4. It all depends on which Evans GMs believe is the real one.

chapnis
06-25-2013, 04:35 AM
Let's all be realistic. Front Office isn't gonna do shit this off-season.

Spursfanfromafar
06-25-2013, 06:08 AM
My ideal offseason would be this -

1) Develop the games of Green and Leonard further - make them better ball handlers, get Green to learn to shoot off the dribble and improve his floaters; design an offensive strategy in the motion offense that shall feature Leonard more and give Leonard a training plan to build his skills upon.

2) Parker & Ginobili getting enough rest to recuperate from their health related struggles fully.

3) Sign Splitter to a contract beginning with $8.5 million per year as a free agent. Develop his non-P&R game bit more and make him work on his positioning on the defensive boards.

4) Sign Manu to a $4.5 * 2 year contract, with the second year partially guaranteed. Manu would need to develop himself just as Jason Kidd did as a more efficient spot up three point shooter. Also better if Manu betters his own game in the system - doing things that Parker does, such as the zipper cut and catch and shoot after coming off screens. Effectively Manu develops his 2G game a little bit more considering his age.

5) Boris Diaw exercising his option and staying with the Spurs. It is very clear that there won't be a better fit for his skill than the Spurs, anywhere in the NBA. Besides, he comes across as a Spurs fan with quite a good knowledge of Spurs history as well.

6) Let Blair, Neal, McGrady walk. Amnesty Bonner.

7) See if the Celtics release Pierce with a buyout. Snag him for the same contract as Manu's if that happens (looks unlikely). If that does not happen, try snagging either Martell Webster or Mike Dunleavy. And then shift attention to a Bigman for the room exception.

8) If the Spurs can't get Pierce, get someone like Millsap on a $8 million a year contract after re-signing both Splitter & Manu, it would be ideal and try getting someone like Casspi for the room exception. If they get Pierce, see if Elton Brand can be signed for the veteran minimum.

Effectively, the Spurs for next season, ideally, for me would be-

Option 1:

Parker, Joseph, De Colo
Green, Ginobili, Mills
Leonard, Pierce/Webster/Dunleavy
Splitter, Diaw, Brand
Duncan, Baynes

Option 2:

Parker, Joseph, De Colo
Green, Ginobili, Mills
Leonard, Casspi
Millsap, Splitter, Diaw
Duncan, Baynes

kobyz
06-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Two option: option 1. get rid of bonner, ndc... Sign Neal 2m a year, re sign Manu for 2-4m a year or minimum if he agrees, re sign splitter 6m a year, sign Paul millsap 7m a year, sign Martel Webster 3m a year, try to trade Boris with the first round pick for something good. Option 2. Sign and trade tiago with Nando for josh smooth 12m a year contract, keep Manu and Neal, keep t Mac if you want, trade this year pick to memphis for Darrell Arthur trade Boris, bonner, 3 future first round picks to Boston for Paul pierce, draft in second round r Kelly as bonner replacment. Roster: pg Parker/cojo/Neal, sg green/Manu/Neal, sf kawai/pierce/tmac, pf j smooth/Arthur/r Kelly, c Tim/bines

Mal
06-25-2013, 06:36 AM
I`d love to see Jason Maxiell or Mo Williams if they stay relatively cheap and Spurs bust out on Evans, Smith and Millsap.

spurspokesman
06-25-2013, 07:40 AM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Confused.gif
:lmao

Spurs9
06-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Is David Lee a FA at all? Wouldn't mind him.

rascal
06-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Resign Manu $ 6 million
Resign Neal $3 million
Keep Bonner

All cap space gone, same team minus Blair with roster of 13 not counting McGrady.

This is close to what you can expect for this offseason.

sventhedog
06-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Amnesty Bonner

Back pay late contracts

PG-Parker-Jack
SG-Green-Manu
SF-Kawhi-Copeland
PF-Millsap-Josh Smith
C-Duncan-Josh Smith

i'm sorry but you need to rename the thread magical offseason in lalaland or nba 2k14 association.

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2013, 09:18 AM
My ideal offseason would be this -

1) Develop the games of Green and Leonard further - make them better ball handlers, get Green to learn to shoot off the dribble and improve his floaters; design an offensive strategy in the motion offense that shall feature Leonard more and give Leonard a training plan to build his skills upon.

2) Parker & Ginobili getting enough rest to recuperate from their health related struggles fully.

3) Sign Splitter to a contract beginning with $8.5 million per year as a free agent. Develop his non-P&R game bit more and make him work on his positioning on the defensive boards.

4) Sign Manu to a $4.5 * 2 year contract, with the second year partially guaranteed. Manu would need to develop himself just as Jason Kidd did as a more efficient spot up three point shooter. Also better if Manu betters his own game in the system - doing things that Parker does, such as the zipper cut and catch and shoot after coming off screens. Effectively Manu develops his 2G game a little bit more considering his age.

5) Boris Diaw exercising his option and staying with the Spurs. It is very clear that there won't be a better fit for his skill than the Spurs, anywhere in the NBA. Besides, he comes across as a Spurs fan with quite a good knowledge of Spurs history as well.

6) Let Blair, Neal, McGrady walk. Amnesty Bonner.

7) See if the Celtics release Pierce with a buyout. Snag him for the same contract as Manu's if that happens (looks unlikely). If that does not happen, try snagging either Martell Webster or Mike Dunleavy. And then shift attention to a Bigman for the room exception.

8) If the Spurs can't get Pierce, get someone like Millsap on a $8 million a year contract after re-signing both Splitter & Manu, it would be ideal and try getting someone like Casspi for the room exception. If they get Pierce, see if Elton Brand can be signed for the veteran minimum.

Effectively, the Spurs for next season, ideally, for me would be-

Option 1:

Parker, Joseph, De Colo
Green, Ginobili, Mills
Leonard, Pierce/Webster/Dunleavy
Splitter, Diaw, Brand
Duncan, Baynes

Option 2:

Parker, Joseph, De Colo
Green, Ginobili, Mills
Leonard, Casspi
Millsap, Splitter, Diaw
Duncan, BaynesTerrible scenario. I bet you're one of those Manu lovers that insists he still a good player. You still want Manu to be our backup PG? Stop being delusional. Manu is going to su*k balls next year. He is finished. He needs to retire.
LMAO I won't be watching the Spurs next season if this happens because I know that a lot of young teams in the West are going to get better such as Houston, GSW, OKC, and the Clippers. Funny thing is that there are probably some peeps on this site that would actually be happy with this scenario of staying pat while Duncan and Parker get a year older.Stop with this Millsap BS everyone. The guy is a midget.

Raven
06-25-2013, 09:19 AM

co-sign.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
You are grossly underpaying. You can hope to get one of these big men. Not 2 or 3.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Drugs are bad. mkay
You shouldn't do drugs. mkay
If you do them your bad, because drugs are bad. mkay
It's a bad thing to do drugs, so don't be bad by doing drugs. mkay
Don't be bad. mkay

Dude, that video is fuckin hilarious!!!! +1 Tim Duncan looks so annoyed. Cracks me up!!!

Spursfanfromafar
06-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Terrible scenario. I bet you're one of those Manu lovers that insists he still a good player. You still want Manu to be our backup PG? Stop being delusional. Manu is going to su*k balls next year. He is finished. He needs to retire. Stop with this Millsap BS everyone. The guy is a midget.

Lets see who is delusional.

The Spurs reached the NBA finals and were a bad bounce away from the title and buffoons like you think that Manu Ginobili has to retire because he played badly in three games. The trouble is even that "bad" Ginobili is better than 3/4ths or 5/6ths of the rest of the SGs/ off guards in the league. There is no way Manu will retire.

And try not being an ass*ole.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Lets see who is delusional.

The Spurs reached the NBA finals and were a bad bounce away from the title and buffoons like you think that Manu Ginobili has to retire because he played badly in three games. The trouble is even that "bad" Ginobili is better than 3/4ths or 5/6ths of the rest of the SGs/ off guards in the league. There is no way Manu will retire.

And try not being an ass*ole.

I hope you are right. While I'm not on the kill Manu bandwagon, or the retire Manu bandwagon, I really don't know if he can be a difference maker anymore. At his best he could score at will, if the Spurs needed a bucket badly he would go left to the rim and lay it in. Now you see that maybe once a game, twice on a good night. You could see it against the Heat. I just kept saying, someone do something, get a basket. No one could. It troubles me more that our 31 year old "star PG," "who is the best player on the team," couldn't score if his life depended on it. He was non existent, and he is supposed to be the guy. For me, Tim is easily still the best player on the Spurs roster, and it shows in a big way.

Basically we need to upgrade, at least if we want a real chance to win another title with Timmy. All 3 of these guys will be coming back a year older, and a year slower. We need to upgrade at starting SG, and or at PF/C. Tim needs some fuckin help. This decade long of no help is now beyond bullshit. Splitter is a scrub, I don't really care what any of you say. He is a fake big man. He needs to put on weight, which he won't/isn't going to do. He has no post moves, and can be guarded by Dwayne Wade, or Norris Cole? It's a fuckin joke. Derek Fisher anyone? We need a real fuckin big man to go with Tim. We have money, we need to go get one. Figure out the rest later. Neal can walk, Nando can take his spot. He is bigger and a much better play maker. Something we lacked against the Heat in a big way. Parker wasn't doing much, he needs a backup. I would like to see Nando get Neal's minutes. Neal leaves, it frees up salary. Granted he doesn't get a lot of money. A lot of people here like Joseph. He can still get playing time with one less guard on the roster. In my opinion this solves a couple problems.

1. Neal's salary is shed, he isn't much of a PG in terms of playmaking and ball handling. He can't create his own shot consistently. He is a streaky jump shooter, and we know he plays no D.
2. We get rid of a log jam of mediocre guards who aren't contributing. We utilize our best young playmaking Guard, and the one with the most size.
3. If we get a real big man, it affords us the chance to experiment more with our young guards without piling up losses. I don't need to mention any of the benefits of having a real big man next to Tim. Will it happen? Doubt it, the Spurs have gotten way to stubborn. There is a golden oppurtunity smacking them in the face....

superbigtime
06-25-2013, 02:15 PM

Resign Manu $ 6 million
Resign Neal $3 million
Keep Bonner

Am expecting this exactly.

Gagnrath
06-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I disagree about upgrading at starting 2 guard, green is a pretty decent 2 guard, especially if he improves his ball-handling in the off season which I think is likely.

We need a power-forward something fierce since Duncan is more of a center at this point... Kahwi is a good starting sf at this point.

Starting Parker, Green, Kahwi, any starting quality pf, and Duncan should be a great starting 5.
Second unit has questions, I like Diaw but and he's good for this team but kinda undersized though he is smart and uses his speed and bulk well. I'm not against bringing splitter back depending on his cost, but I think we've seen that he doesn't really what it takes to be a quality starter in this league..

spurs108
06-25-2013, 03:02 PM
My perfect scenario has us looking like this:

Looking at the Think Tank salary thread among many others across the board this should work financially assuming Tiago isn't offered a ridiculous amount by some other team.

Trade Bonner to Houston for Thomas Robinson and allow them to clear cap space for their run at a max contract player.

Resign Manu and Tiago to fair contracts.

Let Blair and Neal sign with other teams.

Sign Tyreke Evans and Omri Casspi with what's left of the cap space. If Sacramento doesn't let go of Evans easily then offer more, forget about Casspi and just resign T-Mac for the vet min as the third string SF.

Center: Duncan/Baynes/Gobert(or other drafted project big)
Power Forward: Splitter/Diaw/Robinson/Leonard
Shooting Forward: Leonard/Ginobili/Casspi/Diaw/Evans
Shooting Guard: Green/Evans/Ginobili/De Colo
Point Guard: Parker/Joseph/Mills/De Colo

I feel like Chip can do wonders with Robinson and Evans' shots. And if things go well, then it provides an excellent start for the post-Duncan era with Robinson/Leonard/Evans/Parker as the teams core with Tiago/Green/Joseph as excellent role players.

It's a relatively low risk/high reward type scenario that basically swaps Bonner/Neal/T-Mac for Robinson/Evans/Casspi in our already championship contending roster. And with internal improvements from Leonard, Green, Joseph, and Baynes I like our chances in next years finals.

On a side note, it would be awesome to see three guys(Robinson, Evans, Casspi) who were drafted into unfortunate circumstances(Sacramento) thrive in our team and system, thus proving just how important the culture of a team is linked with a player's success.

Spanklin
06-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Amnesty Bonner

Back pay late contracts

PG-Parker-Jack
SG-Green-Manu
SF-Kawhi-Copeland
PF-Millsap-Josh Smith
C-Duncan-Josh Smith

No way. Josh Smith is a top-20 player in this league and will get around $16,000,000.00 per year. He'd get more if it was the old CBA.

And I don't care what happens after it's announced Duncan-Smoove-Kawhi will be the starting front court. Such a monster on both ends that a championship is guaranteed absent injury.

Agloco
06-25-2013, 04:14 PM

Resign Manu $ 6 million
Resign Neal $3 million
Keep Bonner

This is the most likely scenario tbh

heyheymymy
06-25-2013, 05:19 PM
My ideal offseason: Re-sign Manu, sign Tyreke Evans, trade Tiago/Danny/pick for LaMarcus Aldridge.

Duncan/Baynes
Aldridge/Diaw/Bonner
Leonard/draft pick
Evans/Manu/De Colo
Tony/Joseph/Mills

think i like this one the best

HankChinaski
06-25-2013, 08:42 PM
I see roster spots left open from Blair's departure and maybe with Neal as well. Expecting if no strong free agents come in and pick in the draft doesn't stick then a year of 10 day contracts and wait and see who is bought out and left available at the deadline after allstar break.

sventhedog
06-25-2013, 08:53 PM
let me just remind people that a trade should work for both teams. i understand if you feel like making the spurs an allstar team but is there a reason why the other team would allow that trade to happen (e.g. clearing salary, rebuilding, get young prospects/picks, etc.)?

spursince#99
06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
No way. Josh Smith is a top-20 player in this league and will get around $16,000,000.00 per year. He'd get more if it was the old CBA.

And I don't care what happens after it's announced Duncan-Smoove-Kawhi will be the starting front court. Such a monster on both ends that a championship is guaranteed absent injury.

Josh Smith is not a top 20 player in this league.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Ok, how about Randy Foye.

6'4" backup PG/SG combo. 29 yrs old, averaged 27 mins/game last year and shot .397 overall, .410 from 3 pt and .810 from FT line. His defense is decent, he can pass some but most important, he can run the offense for the backup unit. Essentially, he's a less pass worthy George Hill.

And he was paid $2.5 mil last year...

Tyrone Jenkins
07-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Or perhaps - Tyler Hansbrough.

6'9" power forward who is now a UFA (due to Indiana rescinding their original offer). Not a great scorer, is a decent rebounder but is certainly a banger and Pop type of player.

And, he is probably worth 1/2 the MLE.

Tyrone Jenkins
07-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Yet another . . .

Rodrique Beaubois - backup PG. A lil injury prone but certainly a capable scorer and runner of the offense. Not a great 3 pt shooter either and is just OK on defense.

Made a lil over $2.2 mil last year. And, he's from France....

Leetonidas
07-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Did someone really say they want David Lee? :lmao he is like literally the worst big defender in the entire league

Leetonidas
07-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Or perhaps - Tyler Hansbrough.

6'9" power forward who is now a UFA (due to Indiana rescinding their original offer). Not a great scorer, is a decent rebounder but is certainly a banger and Pop type of player.

And, he is probably worth 1/2 the MLE.
Psycho T would be a solid addition off the bench but he wants to start