PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Kobe Chooses Dirk Nowitzki Over Pau Gasol

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers was recently asked about the best international basketball players in the history of the game, and gave a somewhat surprising and unbiased answer for his top pick. Kobe chose to go with Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks over teammate Pau Gasol. (http://www.lakersnation.com/kobe-says-dirk-nowitzki-pau-gasol-are-best-foreign-nba-players/2013/06/23/)

Be afraid Mav fan be very afraid.....:lol

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Here's the official quote:

Dirk Nowitzki is the best foreign player of all time, period. After him, I have to put my companion on the list, Pau (Gasol). Pau has always been one of the best, one of the most skilled I’ve ever seen. And then, perhaps Manu (Ginobili). And then, you know, there’s Drazen Petrovic, Vlade Divac, Arvydas Sabonis. I’m sure I’m forgetting many, but these are the ones that come to mind. And Tony Parker.

Pero
06-25-2013, 08:49 AM
LMAO so what? Anyone with even a smidgeon of a brain knows it's Dirk.

Phillip
06-25-2013, 08:55 AM
I think Kool is trying to say that we should be afraid if Dirk went to LA and finished his career with Kobe.

Not happening, but I have always wondered what it would be like to see these two guys play together. They would compliment each other incredibly well.

AchillesHeel
06-25-2013, 09:11 AM
How can you not choose Dirk over Pau after the sweep, tbh.

JamStone
06-25-2013, 09:16 AM
If he's being honest, Pau would or should choose Dirk over Pau too.

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Kobe's just playing Chess...putting a seed out there for Dirk's looming free agency

AchillesHeel
06-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Kobe's just playing Chess...putting a seed out there for Dirk's looming free agency

Just what LA needs, another big guy that can't play any defense. This has been a problem with the Lakers since 2011. They overpay players that can score on the offensive end and are known around the league (Kirby,Pau,Nash,Jamison) but they don't look at the defensive end. They manage to put together a top 5/top 10 offense, but their defense is atrocious, especially transition D.

Lakers need to get younger and look for guys that have a bright future, not old, worn down stars on their last legs.

racm
06-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Dirk has an MVP, Finals MVP, a 50/40/90 season.

Pau is :lol-16 sans Kobe, hate to agree with Kobefan on a fact tbh

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 09:33 AM
for a few bucks why not..Dirk's an outside shooter anyways he doesnt need to play the post

racm
06-25-2013, 09:34 AM
for a few bucks why not..Dirk's an outside shooter anyways he doesnt need to play the post

And he can do things off the dribble.

Just need D12 to re-sign and spend money on shooters, tbh

monosylab1k
06-25-2013, 09:45 AM
:lol 8-0 against Pau in the playoffs, Pau can't sniff Dirk's jock. It's a fucking insult to put Pau in the same category as Dirk.

Dirk is the 2nd greatest European of all time and 3rd greatest international player if you count Hakeem as international.

Thread
06-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Let's face it the sun shone on Dirk's ass but one time. On Gasol's ass twice.

I'll give credit where it's due though= Dirk didn't have to be dragged kicking & fucking screaming to his reward like his counterpart.

midnightpulp
06-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Let's face it the sun shone on Dirk's ass but one time. On Gasol's ass twice.

I'll give credit where it's due though= Dirk didn't have to be dragged kicking & fucking screaming to his reward like his counterpart.

But Pau stuck skinning-and-grinning in the ground in June ought-9.

Thread
06-25-2013, 09:55 AM
But Pau stuck skinning-and-grinning in the ground in June ought-9.

Sun shone #1.

King Nupe
06-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Why do people Keep leaving Hakeem out of the "Greatest Foreign Player list"? When did Nigeria become a State?

djohn2oo8
06-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Sorry homeboy, Kirby doesn't have the pull that he used to.

DPG21920
06-25-2013, 10:42 AM
I wonder if Kobe would be so honest about himself...doubtful.

monosylab1k
06-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Why do people Keep leaving Hakeem out of the "Greatest Foreign Player list"? When did Nigeria become a State?

University of Houston isn't in Nigeria. He's foreign born but American basketball bred. I count him as foreign but can see why others don't. It's not as retarded as Spur Fan insisting Duncan is a foreign player.

Michael Jordan.
06-25-2013, 10:49 AM

nB3iIviCIMg

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 10:53 AM

We think of Euro's..plus Hakeem never played for Nigeria in any capacity

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 10:56 AM
I wonder if Kobe would be so honest about himself...doubtful.

Kobe did say he was an asshole..... on the court of course :lol after dropping some insane amount of points on the Mavs Kobe said: "I'm just doing what I do being an asshole on the court" :lmao my nigga

Thread
06-25-2013, 11:19 AM
^mine too

urunobili
06-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Surprised this didn't ne dup in a TP> Manu thread

HeatChamps
06-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Kobe just saying he could have more help. He won with less. Arrogance is Kobe's middle name. But yeah Olajuwon clearly is the best international player. Dirk only played one side of the court. He was no big shot blocker.

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Kobe just saying he could have more help. He won with less. Arrogance is Kobe's middle name. But yeah Olajuwon clearly is the best international player. Dirk only played one side of the court. He was no big shot blocker.

not so sure Lebron looks like he's easily from the Congo

irishock
06-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Damn Kobe mentioned Parker before he mentioned his own teammate Stephen John?

TheRealCB
06-25-2013, 03:00 PM
:lol 8-0 against Pau in the playoffs, Pau can't sniff Dirk's jock. It's a fucking insult to put Pau in the same category as Dirk.

Dirk is the 2nd greatest European of all time and 3rd greatest international player if you count Hakeem as international.

Who is first bro?

HeatChamps
06-25-2013, 03:17 PM
not so sure Lebron looks like he's easily from the Congo
Lebron has no accent. Hakeem does.

Rogue
06-25-2013, 11:10 PM
hakeem represented US in international games which sealed his status as an american (at least in the world of basketball), no matter where he was born or grew up. it's like Deco in soccer, dude was born in Brazil but never played a game for the brazil national team, and he came to be known as a Portuguese star after gaining Portuguese nationality and representing Portugal on multiple events. Same story happend in France as well, many superstars who played for France throughout their careers were indeed born in Africa, with notable examples such as Zidane (born in Algeria), Vieira and Thuram (both born in Senegal)