PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we could trade Parker/picks for Rondo? Rondo + Kawhi = dynasty

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Rondo is exactly what the Spurs need right now.. a fearless, tenacious playmaker with the ability to defend and lockdown opposing guards. Rondo + Kawhi is a basketball purists wet dream. Also, Rondo is only making 12 mil next year..

Steve-O-Matic
06-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Jesus Christ.

D-rob fan
06-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Our offense would be dead.

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Jesus Christ.

you wouldnt take Rondo over Parker?.. considering our current personnel (shooters, defenders, and timmy) Rondo would fit perfectly

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Our offense would be dead.

LMAO is this a troll post? Rondo is a 6 foot Lebron when it comes to passing and playmaking.. even better tbh

Rondo is Peyton Manning of point guards

jermaine
06-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Defense turns into offense. I'd make that trade. Rondo can do what Parker does somewhat an make others better in the process.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Rondo is not clutch. Parker is.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Plus Rondo is a douvhebag. Tried to fight Doc. Pop wouldn't take that shit.

jermaine
06-25-2013, 11:29 AM

Did you just watch the same finals everyone else watched? All that his hammy shit. If your on the court, produce or get off the court.

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 11:32 AM

facepalm

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Did you just watch the same finals everyone else watched? All that his hammy shit. If your on the court, produce or get off the court.
I bet Rondo wodnt have drained that three in game 6. Or made that game winner in game one. Or score 24 in the first half against the warriors. Or average 24 and 11 agains the Griz. He's neve been a huge scorer.

Juggity
06-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Rondo is the definition of statpadding cancer.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2013, 11:34 AM
facepalm
Dude you're stupid for thinking this would work. Rondo has the worse ego/temper in the nba. Do you really think Tim and Pop would put up with that shit?

kobexxx
06-25-2013, 11:42 AM
go for it at a hearbeat

Agloco
06-25-2013, 11:45 AM
facepalm

OP doesnt consider team chemistry. Rondo is a 6 foot DHo as it pertains to shitty locker room attitudes.

anonoftheinternets
06-25-2013, 11:45 AM
rondo <<< parker... overrated stat padder...

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 11:48 AM
OP doesnt consider team chemistry. Rondo is a 6 foot DHo as it pertains to shitty locker room attitudes.

LMAO. Rondo is a COMPETITOR ... DHO is a diva.. big difference. If Rondo has problems its because hes a SOLDIER with the HEART of a champion. smh.

Agloco
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
LMAO. Rondo is a COMPETITOR ... DHO is a diva.. big difference. If Rondo has problems its because hes a SOLDIER with the HEART of a champion. smh.

You obviously don't follow the Celtics.

Brazil
06-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Except the fact that dude is a locker room cancer and if you don't like Diaw passiveness in O you gonna love Rondo, yeah rondo - dynasty :lmao

Seriously Rondo is a great player but he has major flaws as a man and as a player but he is young and talented. Now the concept of Rondo = dynasty is :lmao

tesseractive
06-25-2013, 11:57 AM
This.

He also has a nasty habit of mailing it in for weeks at a time during the regular season. Rondo's skillset would be an interesting addition to the team, but not Rondo as a whole.

Plus, if the Celtics dealt Rondo, they definitely wouldn't do it for a guy over 30 while they're trading away their veterans and trying to rebuild.

Brazil
06-25-2013, 11:58 AM

To his credit, Rondo is for whatever reason awesome in POs. If he could play with POs intensity and focus all year long he will be a great player

ElNono
06-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Trade Tony Parker thread... only a matter of time...

dallasmaverickslose
06-25-2013, 12:00 PM
When is the trade Duncan thread coming?

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 12:03 PM
im amazed ... spurs fans are acting as blind as spurs haters ... obvious yall dont watch Rondo.. hes the best PG of the last 5 yrs easily

Steve-O-Matic
06-25-2013, 12:13 PM
im amazed ... spurs fans are acting as blind as spurs haters ...

Yep, and you've personally cornered the market on vision impairment with this thread.

Mouth is Bleeding
06-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Rondo is one of the most overrated players in the league.

Chinook
06-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Terrible idea when Biedrins is still available.

playblair
06-25-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/alison-brie-breaking-out.gif

Spur-Addict
06-25-2013, 01:37 PM
This is another one of those, "Not Sure If Serious" threads.

look_at_g_shred
06-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Any chance we could delete this thread???

skulls138
06-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Rondo cant shoot.

Juggity
06-25-2013, 02:12 PM
im amazed ... spurs fans are acting as blind as spurs haters ... obvious yall dont watch Rondo.. hes the best PG of the last 5 yrs easily

Did you mean the best PG from the last 5 years who can't shoot, has a bad attitude, ran a coach out of town, ran another superstar out of town, tore his ACL, and spent half of last season trying to break the consecutive double digit assist record instead of trying to win games?

Captivus
06-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Regardless of the trade itself, the fact that you say "Dynasty" is funny...Only with those 2 guys...

SAmagic
06-25-2013, 02:43 PM
game 6 the pressure 3 in lebrons face to tie the steal and another score to give us the lead from Parker when nothing was hitting ?

Dex
06-25-2013, 02:45 PM
It's going to be a long offseason.

RD2191
06-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Unlike Parker, doesn't Rondo actually play better in the post season?

chrhawk
06-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Rondo is exactly what the Spurs need right now.. a fearless, tenacious playmaker with the ability to defend and lockdown opposing guards. Rondo + Kawhi is a basketball purists wet dream. Also, Rondo is only making 12 mil next year..

Can I buy some weed from you?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-25-2013, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNE2JRMnpos

I think this is funny, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftk4nE4EkEk

Spanklin
06-25-2013, 03:27 PM

Yes. I want Rondo. Wasn't he a top five MVP candidate this year or something? I love his "Peyton Manning" shooting. Throws the ball right on point at the rim every time. Just needs a catcher to finish the play on the other end. But he puts it riiiiiiight there. Every time.

And he's coming off injury too, so we should lock him up for $90,000,000 just like Peyton. No questions asked. We will Denver Broncos it next year right to the tin cup.

Spur|n|Austin
06-25-2013, 03:28 PM
LMAO is this a troll post? Rondo is a 6 foot Lebron when it comes to passing and playmaking.. even better tbh

Rondo is Peyton Manning of point guards

Uhhh..

rascal
06-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Parker is better than Rondo.

Mark in Austin
06-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Rondo just might be a bigger pain in the ass than Howard. Oh God I hope they somehow wind up on the same team. It would be an 82 game trainwreck.

Dizzle
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90C-mdaVzQ

but ..but.. Rondo cant shoot!

get real fellas. rondo CAN shoot.. however hes an ASSIST-GOD and chooses to be one of the greatest playmakers of all time (while also being a BEAST on defense and rebounds).. if Tony was as fearless as Rondo is we would have won #5

dmon35
06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
lol dynasty? what fuckin dumbass. Rondo is an overrated ball player and a piece of shit human being.

angelbelow
06-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Normally don't comment on bullshit threads like this one but this one is probably top 3 worse threads of the year. Congrats.

sventhedog
06-25-2013, 08:36 PM
lol. do you even understand that the reason why the spurs were able to extend the series is they sagged off lebron and exposed his inconsistent perimeter shot?

now if you get rondo, that's a whole year of double teams for tim duncan and every other spurs player.

elmanutres
06-25-2013, 09:17 PM
boston has said they want to build around rondo. they will give up garnett and possibly pierce, doc has been given up, but not rondo

hyhy
06-26-2013, 02:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90C-mdaVzQ

but ..but.. Rondo cant shoot!

get real fellas. rondo CAN shoot.. however hes an ASSIST-GOD and chooses to be one of the greatest playmakers of all time (while also being a BEAST on defense and rebounds).. if Tony was as fearless as Rondo is we would have won #5

Ya he can shoot when the defender is busy letting him shoot and straying off him to help on others. Exactly what we did against lebron and wade, enabling us to crowd the paint. Watched the video and they were all not even bothering to contest his jumpshot, and ya, the thing that i saw was rondo lost.

racm
06-26-2013, 03:00 AM
I think OP is operating under the assumption that the Spurs had tried to acquire a triple double machine, can't shoot PG in 'ason Kidd back in 2003 with Parker being a question mark.

The problem is that this is 2013, not 2003, and Parker has grown leaps and bounds. Not to mention Rondo's coming off knee surgery.

Man In Black
06-26-2013, 03:10 AM
If he ain't COACHABLE...then he ain't coming to San Antonio. Period...exclamation mark.

TrainOfThought5
06-26-2013, 03:12 AM
This is another one of those, "Not Sure If Serious" threads.

jesterbobman
06-26-2013, 03:34 AM
Because what we really want is a point guard who will set up 25 mid range 2's a game and get credit for 11 assists when 44% of those shots go in.

Baam
06-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Boston fans actually seriously worry that Rondo won't get it together in time like TP did.

exstatic
06-26-2013, 06:15 AM
Did you mean the best PG from the last 5 years who can't shoot, has a bad attitude, ran a coach out of town, ran another superstar out of town, tore his ACL, and spent half of last season trying to break the consecutive double digit assist record instead of trying to win games?

Yeah, that guy.

If the Spurs were to trade for him (they won't) I would dump them like a psycho girlfriend.

Larry33Legend
06-26-2013, 06:47 AM
You obviously don't follow the Celtics.

And most people who do follow the Celtics love Rondo. He's a competitor who steps his level of play up in big games. The reports of him being a "team cancer" were created because Ray Allen was a baby and couldn't handle coming off the bench. No other teammate has had any big issue with him ever.

exstatic
06-26-2013, 06:53 AM
And most people who do follow the Celtics love Rondo. He's a competitor who steps his level of play up in big games. The reports of him being a "team cancer" were created because Ray Allen was a baby and couldn't handle coming off the bench. No other teammate has had any big issue with him ever.

Boston fan loved Manny being Manny, too, until they didn't. I hate Ray Allen, too, but the fact that he's a vagina does NOT preclude Rondo from being a locker room cancer.

said7
06-26-2013, 06:59 AM
For anyone to knock Rondo's game just hasn't seen enough Celtics games. He is a wizard man, prob the smartest guy on the court in any game.

I'd love to have him as a spur and i dont think there would be drama because pop would want him to do his thing. You don't think chip could teach him how to shoot?

Whether hes better than Parker that's debatable.

Larry33Legend
06-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Boston fan loved Manny being Manny, too, until they didn't. I hate Ray Allen, too, but the fact that he's a vagina does NOT preclude Rondo from being a locker room cancer.
Well then what makes him a locker room cancer? Because the Ray Allen story is the ONLY incident people can point to. Find one quote of another teammate (or former teammate) saying anything negative about Rondo, or one story about Rondo having issues with another teammate and then we'll talk.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-26-2013, 07:01 AM
To the OP, both Allen and Rivers left Boston b/c of Rondo. Do you think Pop would take any of Rondo's crap. HELL NO!!!!

And just to answer your question since you made an inquiry, it would be HELL NO!!!!

Larry33Legend
06-26-2013, 07:25 AM
To the OP, both Allen and Rivers left Boston b/c of Rondo. Do you think Pop would take any of Rondo's crap. HELL NO!!!!

And just to answer your question since you made an inquiry, it would be HELL NO!!!!

You actually believed that story? Doc wanted out because he didn't wanna go through a rebuilding situations. Doc's camp leaked that "fight" story (which may or may not have happened, and definitely wasn't a big deal. Disagreements happens on most successful teams) to try to soften the blow before bailing. That story was completely laughable and had very little detail in it, that shit could've happened years ago for all we know.

hsxvvd
06-26-2013, 07:33 AM
A minimum post count to start threads would avoid this crap.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-26-2013, 07:34 AM
You actually believed that story? Doc wanted out because he didn't wanna go through a rebuilding situations. Doc's camp leaked that "fight" story (which may or may not have happened, and definitely wasn't a big deal. Disagreements happens on most successful teams) to try to soften the blow before bailing. That story was completely laughable and had very little detail in it, that shit could've happened years ago for all we know.

I don't think Rondo was the sole reason. But Rondo can be a headcase. That incident where he went right up and bumped ref saids alot about his character. I am sure Rivers was in his face over those antics he displayed throughout the course of the past few seasons and I believe they probably did have some heated exchanges. Do you think Pop would have been in Rondo's face over some of those incidents.

Rondo is an extremely talented PG but his character doesn't fit the Spurs mold.

Dizzle
06-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Rondo is an extremely talented PG but his character doesn't fit the Spurs mold.

plays defense - check
plays team ball - check
loves to pass - check
heart of a champion - check

looks like Rondo fits the Spurs mold perfectly...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-26-2013, 10:47 AM
plays defense - check
plays team ball - check
loves to pass - check

Is confrontational with his coach - uncheck.

That is exactly what got SJax kicked off the team and quite honestly you can tell that is the one thing Pop can't stand.

Outlier
06-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Rondo is not in any way confrontational with his coach. Don't believe the rumors. He is a great player. A passionate one who wants to win. With that said, TP3 and Rondo are about the same level. Rondo's younger yeah, but TP3 knows the system better and there really is no point in change when it doesn't bring that much improvement.

hyhy
06-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Rondo is not in any way confrontational with his coach. Don't believe the rumors. He is a great player. A passionate one who wants to win. With that said, TP3 and Rondo are about the same level. Rondo's younger yeah, but TP3 knows the system better and there really is no point in change when it doesn't bring that much improvement.

TP3 :lmao

dbreiden83080
06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Rondo is a dick head..

Pass...

dbreiden83080
06-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Tony has 2 years to which he'll make 25 mil after that my guess is he will leave as a FA at the age of 33. Maybe the Spurs will trade him in the last year of his deal something that would be beneficial to both sides..

Tim_5rings
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
plays defense - check
plays team ball - check
loves to pass - check

I really love Rajon Rondo too

I agree with you
My opinion he is the only elite pg able to manage the organization of Spurs
Instead of Chris Paul or D-Will ...
But

Their talent is equivalent and their qualities / defects are compensated

And

Rondo makes a lot of turnover (because he loves to pass maybe)
The Spurs did not really need his rebounds
It interacts not with others in life (I hope he is at least nice to the fans of Boston)
It also has a bad temper and is really not sociable
In a team with a small family minded liked Spurs, I hope not really his arrival

Brazil
06-26-2013, 02:10 PM
I really love Rajon Rondo too

I agree with you
My opinion he is the only elite pg able to manage the organization of Spurs
Instead of Chris Paul or D-Will ...
But

Their talent is equivalent and their qualities / defects are compensated

And

Rondo makes a lot of turnover (because he loves to pass maybe)
The Spurs did not really need his rebounds
It interacts not with others in life (I hope he is at least nice to the fans of Boston)
It also has a bad temper and is really not sociable
In a team with a small family minded liked Spurs, I hope not really his arrival

and I though my english sucked

It is very happy

Tim_5rings
06-26-2013, 02:39 PM
and I though my english sucked

It is very happy

J'ai arrêté l'école en 4e mais je ne pense pas être le pire des français dans l'utilisation de l'anglais

I stop school at 7th grade to start a job but I don't think I am the worst french guy in the use of english

Brazil
06-26-2013, 03:02 PM
J'ai arrêté l'école en 4e mais je ne pense pas être le pire des français dans l'utilisation de l'anglais

I stop school at 7th grade to start a job but I don't think I am the worst french guy in the use of english

mine is not terrible either tbh I just wrote though vs. thought. anyway welcome !

Bienvenu Tim_5, il faut avoir un peu la peau dure sur ce forum mais tu vas t'y faire

therealtruth
06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
I agree we have to do something to improve our ball movement. It's usually missing when we need it most. In games 6-7 we averaged 13 APG. If we get our normal number of assists we win the Finals in 6 games. A guy like Tiago should be able to average 15+ with better ball movement.

Agloco
06-26-2013, 11:49 PM
And most people who do follow the Celtics love Rondo.

No. You follow the Celtics and you love Rondo. Let the masses speak for themselves shall we?

milkyway21
06-27-2013, 06:09 AM
the Celtics wants Dwight Howard for Rondo