PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: World Peace opts in

Michael Jordan.
06-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Metta World Peace is staying put with the Los Angeles Lakers.
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the veteran small forward will play out the final year of his contract (worth $7.7 million) rather than exercise the early termination option on his deal. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the decision had not yet been made public.
World Peace had until Tuesday to make his decision, and the lack of clarity that surrounded him in Laker Land made his process all the more problematic. Lakers center and free-agent-to-be Dwight Howard has still not indicated whether he will re-sign or head elsewhere, and World Peace had considered opting out in order to become a free agent rather than take part in these unstable Lakers times.
But while signs remain that Howard may be heading to the Houston Rockets, World Peace is better off opting for the security that comes with the final year of his deal rather than opting out. At 33 years old and 14 seasons into his career, the player formerly known as Ron Artest saw his offensive production rise in his first year under Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni (from 7.7 points and 7.3 shots per game in 2011-12 to 12.4 points and 11 shots per game last season).
The Lakers, whose payroll was set to be approximately $80 million for the coming season with just eight players (and without Howard), will now have to decide whether they want to use their amnesty clause on World Peace's deal in order to limit the exorbitant price of their underachieving team. The league's new luxury tax system is about to reach its most-punitive stages, meaning the Lakers could be in for record costs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2013/06/25/metta-world-peace-staying-with-los-angeles-lakers/2454455/

Koolaid_Man
06-25-2013, 11:34 AM
time to amnesty my boy...I will always love that cat....

jeebus
06-25-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm starting to love the Lakers the same way I love the Cowboys - for their hilarious fuck ups. :lol

Dex
06-25-2013, 12:34 PM
lol 7M for that chucking head case

Thebesteva
06-25-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm starting to love the Lakers the same way I love the Cowboys - for their hilarious fuck ups. :lol

I'm not sure if you think the Lakers just resigned him or extended his contract, but basically Metta had an option to opt out of his contract and go for more money or to remain in his contract. So that's all that happened, he decided not to opt out of his contract.

I think Lakers should Luke Walton this guy and send him to our official cesspool aka Cleveland.

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:31 PM

Sure,,,

Q-mT99HCFFI

Murdered 'em, right on the spot.

ElNono
06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Good move Ron...

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if you think the Lakers just resigned him or extended his contract, but basically Metta had an option to opt out of his contract and go for more money or to remain in his contract. So that's all that happened, he decided not to opt out of his contract.

I think Lakers should Luke Walton this guy and send him to our official cesspool aka Cleveland.

You guys are too quick on the trigger to jettison players who have rung for us. Artest implored Bryant to take him in, swore up & down he'd help him. Then proved it.

I will not turn my back on Artest. Ever.

spurraider21
06-25-2013, 01:39 PM
You guys are too quick on the trigger to jettison players who have rung for us. Artest implored Bryant to take him in, swore up & down he'd help him. Then proved it.

quality take :tu

but there is no doubt his presence/contract has been an overall negative for the team since the 2010 finals

Thebesteva
06-25-2013, 01:39 PM

We're not turning our backs on Ron Artest. I'll always have respect for Artest...we're turning our backs on Metta.

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:40 PM
We're not turning our backs on Ron Artest. I'll always have respect for Artest...we're turning our backs on Metta.

Okay then.

ShowtimeFan
06-25-2013, 01:42 PM

Truth. The title makes it worth whatever crap that follows. More than doubly true for Gasol... love to see him retire a Laker.

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:43 PM
quality take :tu

but there is no doubt his presence/contract has been an overall negative for the team since the 2010 finals

So has the remaining roster players for the Lakers. They've all categorically failed since the '10 Finals.

baseline bum
06-25-2013, 01:45 PM

mon herp jeebus

Thread
06-25-2013, 01:46 PM
mon herp jeebus

Boiled down:::23

baseline bum
06-25-2013, 01:46 PM

Bet you would have turned your back and bent over for Ron when he hit that three to save Kobe from 6-24.

Thread
06-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Bet you would have turned your back and bent over for Ron when he hit that three to save Kobe from 6-24.

Gladly.

Thebesteva
06-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Gladly.

http://dc366.4shared.com/img/_SBlaBkM/s3/gay_look.gif

StrengthAndHonor
06-25-2013, 02:13 PM
time to amnesty my boy...I will always love that cat....

Agree, smart move from MWP. That's the most $$$ he'll get without breaking any sweat. Wonder where' he'll go.

jeebus
06-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Sure,,,

Q-mT99HCFFI

Murdered 'em, right on the spot.
Post something from last season, you dirty rapist.

Sportcamper
06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
You guys are too quick on the trigger to jettison players who have rung for us. Artest implored Bryant to take him in, swore up & down he'd help him. Then proved it. I will not turn my back on Artest. Ever.

http://thehiphopdemocrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/koberonartest1.jpg

Best Friends Forever...

Thread
06-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Post something from last season, you dirty rapist.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Amy-Duncan-Cheated.jpg

Thread
06-25-2013, 02:33 PM
http://thehiphopdemocrat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/koberonartest1.jpg

Best Friends Forever...

It's an amazing story. Sure, Media wouldn't/won't post it, but, it's magical. He storms into the shower and begs Kobe to take him in, vowing to help him win a championship. His boy hood chum is there as well. It takes a while but, twixt Odom & Bryant signing off on it Artest rises there & sinks that 3.

I wish we would never have ran Vuj & Odom off. It breaks my heart to this day. Just senseless ego driven spirits by Jackson, Mitch & Odom. GD it!

baseline bum
06-25-2013, 02:40 PM
It's an amazing story. Sure, Media wouldn't/won't post it, but, it's magical. He storms into the shower and begs Kobe to take him in, vowing to help him win a championship. His boy hood chum is there as well. It takes a while but, twixt Odom & Bryant signing off on it Artest rises there & sinks that 3.

I wish we would never have ran Vuj & Odom off. It breaks my heart to this day. Just senseless ego driven spirits by Jackson, Mitch & Odom. GD it!

Vujacic is a bum, but Artest should forever be a Lakers legend for that shot. Same way Jackson is for the Spurs even after the bullshit he pulled at the end of the season. I was actually going for you assholes that game, and it ended exactly the way I wanted to see it end: Artest winning the title for LA. Have liked Artest since he came into the league with Chicago.

Thread
06-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Vujacic is a bum, but Artest should forever be a Lakers legend for that shot. Same way Jackson is for the Spurs even after the bullshit he pulled at the end of the season.

No. Vuj isn't a starter, but, he was valuable to this team. Those free throws were easy because he made them easy. He could only fuck it and get noticed there. He deserved a place at the table, but, Jackson took his revenge and dumped him. In many ways Jackson & Pop are alike, chained to their beliefs and regimens, scared to deviate from that which has borne them solid results.

jeebus
06-25-2013, 03:10 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Amy-Duncan-Cheated.jpg
At this point, she can handle a set of balls better than MWP :lol

LkrFan
06-25-2013, 05:54 PM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

whitemamba
06-25-2013, 06:13 PM
As long as he takes the retarded shot selection out of his game, im happy with MWP.

Rogue
06-25-2013, 10:57 PM
although he already has little to contribute on the court, his personality is still something worth keeping. it's always a good thing to have a thug on your team as long as he doesn't backfire at his own him. MWP has been getting on well with his teammates ever since he first joined them

Thread
06-25-2013, 11:08 PM
although he already has little to contribute on the court, his personality is still something worth keeping. it's always a good thing to have a thug on your team as long as he doesn't backfire at his own him. MWP has been getting on well with his teammates ever since he first joined them

Go back to his post game 7 press conference when he confessed his sins & made his peace in front of his parents, children & wife. It was his seminal moment.

He's never backslid.

NRHector
06-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Lakers are fucked again :lol thanks Metta

scanry
06-26-2013, 03:12 AM
Next year is wide open imo. I don't see the Heat being the clear favorites like this year. They look gassed and they ain't getting younger tbh. If they can trade Bosh in the offseason for a legitimate low post player, they are set for another 2-3 years.

It'll be interesting to see how the Thunder respond though.

If Dwight puts on the other LA jersey, look out. It's good to be Clipper Nation at the moment. On one hand he's jizzing at Lebron's not 1, not 2, not 3 ... bearing fruit and on the other, he's jizzing at the reality of the best Coach in the league coming over to coach the Clippers.

TDMVPDPOY
06-26-2013, 03:16 AM
i dont think think d12 is interested in chasing lebrons rings, his interested in beating kemps record off the court

Thread
06-26-2013, 07:22 AM
If they can trade Bosh in the offseason for a legitimate low post player, they are set for another 2-3 years.

Though without Bosh there is no Game 7.

scanry
06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Though without Bosh there is no Game 7.

I agree, but do you really think he's worth the $19 mil that he'll be making next year?

BTW Lebron played very sub par in the Finals. Heck Tim Duncan put up better numbers than the King. :wow I really think Riley should go easy on Lebron next season (very reminiscent of MJ's wear and tear after that 1992 Olympics). I remember Scottie & MJ playing very sparingly the first 30 games in the 1992-1993 regular season.

King Nupe
06-26-2013, 09:51 AM

28 Seconds???

jeebus
06-26-2013, 09:56 AM
28 Seconds???
don't be mad, it's ok.

AchillesHeel
06-26-2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjCGlsoRMAo