PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

PlayNando
06-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I was thinking earlier and with Tony Parker aging, I think we should look to move him before his value drops. Nando De Colo is more than capable of leading the Spurs to a title and he's only going to get better.

What the Spurs need is another legit big man to pair with Duncan. Thus, I was thinking that we should offer the Grizzlies to trade Tony Parker straight-up for Marc Gasol. I think this would be a good idea as we already have a glut of point guards and Parker is the oldest of the bunch and is on the decline.

What do you all think? I have a feeling RC Buford has already thought of this, though.

In addition, we should resign Blair, bring in Mike Dunleavy, resign Manu, and not resign Neal. That leaves us with a lineup consisting of..............

PG: Nando De Colo/Cory Joseph/Patty Mills
SG: Danny Green/Manu Ginobili
SF: Kawhi Leonard/Mike Dunleavy
PF: Tim Duncan/Boris Diaw/Matt Bonner
C: Marc Gasol/Aron Baynes

That allows us to build around the future "Big Three" of Nando De Colo, Kawhi Leonard, and Marc Gasol.

TheGoldStandard
06-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I thought that Mangke Bateer thread was genius, this is gold.

RD2191
06-25-2013, 11:12 PM
:lmao

dallasmaverickslose
Any possibility we could trade Bonner, Blair, and Neal for LeBron?

BatManu20
Lol

KawhiLeonard
06-25-2013, 11:41 PM
While were at it why not package bonner/green/de colo for conley seems fair

Boomersgold
06-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Parker and Splitter for Marc Gasol and Conley would work.

dallasmaverickslose
06-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Maybe we can trade Mills for Roy Hibbert while we're at it?

KawhiLeonard
06-25-2013, 11:52 PM
:lol

KawhiLeonard
06-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Maybe we can trade Mills for Roy Hibbert while we're at it?

salaries dont match try again

dallasmaverickslose
06-25-2013, 11:55 PM
salaries dont match try again

Still makes more sense than this thread tbh

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Still makes more sense than this thread tbh

Lets just blow it all up and rebuild.

Sean Cagney
06-26-2013, 12:21 AM
GOD I hate the offseason in here! Any thought that enters someones mind or dreams they then go and post on here! Instead of just keeping it in their little damn heads they go and post it on here like it will ever happen.

chapnis
06-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I'm loving the new account

chapnis
06-26-2013, 12:32 AM
GOD I hate the offseason in here! Any thought that enters someones mind or dreams they then go and post on here! Instead of just keeping it in their little damn heads they go and post it on here like it will ever happen.

It can actually be quite entertaining if you don't take it so seroliously.

Sean Cagney
06-26-2013, 12:43 AM
It can actually be quite entertaining if you don't take it so seroliously.
Yeah I guess it can, but it's just never going to happen so trade ideas and salary matched ESPN trade machine just turn into some video game stuff. I agree though it's hilarious at times.

Marrow
06-26-2013, 12:57 AM
this has a chance of happening in a parrallel universe...but not this one

hyhy
06-26-2013, 01:41 AM
I was thinking earlier and with Tony Parker aging, I think we should look to move him before his value drops. Nando De Colo is more than capable of leading the Spurs to a title and he's only going to get better.

What the Spurs need is another legit big man to pair with Duncan. Thus, I was thinking that we should offer the Grizzlies to trade Tony Parker straight-up for Marc Gasol. I think this would be a good idea as we already have a glut of point guards and Parker is the oldest of the bunch and is on the decline.

What do you all think? I have a feeling RC Buford has already thought of this, though.

In addition, we should resign Blair, bring in Mike Dunleavy, resign Manu, and not resign Neal. That leaves us with a lineup consisting of..............

That allows us to build around the future "Big Three" of Nando De Colo, Kawhi Leonard, and Marc Gasol.

Evidence PlayNando = PlayBlair

sexinthatsx
06-26-2013, 01:52 AM
OP's username is playnando with 45 posts. Not surprising tbh. Go crawl under a rock now, scurry along fella

DJR210
06-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Nando De Colo is more than capable

Stopped reading at this point.

barakz21
06-26-2013, 06:28 AM
I like your idea. How about we also trade TD and Kawhi while we're at it? And Manu should be untouchable.

unforeseen
06-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Spurs will be a lottery team following a season wih your lineup.

Seventyniner
06-26-2013, 08:03 AM

Naw, we just need to get Pat Riley to see the light, perhaps with some hallucinogenic mushrooms. Then we can trade Blair (S&T) and Nando for LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and a couple picks.

Brazil
06-26-2013, 08:33 AM
that's not a very good troll tbh

PlayNando
06-26-2013, 06:17 PM
The haters will become believers........... You'll see I'm right when I present this idea to RC Buford and he takes me up on it.

Play Nando/Gasol............................

cd021
06-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Parker and Splitter for Marc Gasol and Conley would work.

On what planet? Gasol is clearly better than Splitter. Conley is a great fit in Memphis especially with him and Allen harassing opposing guards like clock work. Parker would be a down grade in their defense. He wouldn't be as effective playing with ZBo instead of Duncan.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-26-2013, 07:40 PM
So, the Grizz have a solid PG in Conley, and an All Star Center in Gasol. So take our PG, and and give us your Center. HA HA HA. Come on now.

elmanutres
06-27-2013, 02:32 AM

so let me get this straight, you wanna trade a 31 year old parker because he's getting old but you wanna keep a soon to be 38 year old duncan?

YoMamaIsCallin
06-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Nando De Colo is more than capable of leading the Spurs to a title and he's only going to get better.

ummm... WHAT???

Nando is nowhere near being a starting PG in the NBA, much less "capable of leading the Spurs to a title". He just finished his first NBA season as a bench player, and was pretty much the last option for PG off the bench in the playoffs.

Nando needs to get stronger, become capable of running the offense under pressure, improve greatly his ability to score, and cut down on turnovers. He could stand to run some significant D-league minutes.

Keepin' it real
06-27-2013, 01:26 PM
Trade Idea

I am all for trading your idea.

Darkwaters
06-27-2013, 05:44 PM

It wouldn't hurt to call and at least ask the question.

Darkwaters
06-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Evidence PlayNando = PlayBlair

I don't think anyone really cares to be honest. Anyone named Play____ isn't going to be taken seriously regardless. PlayBlair ensured that already.

PlayNando
06-27-2013, 06:18 PM
so let me get this straight, you wanna trade a 31 year old parker because he's getting old but you wanna keep a soon to be 38 year old duncan?
Yes. Duncan is crucial to our chances at winning a title next year. He is irreplaceable. Nando can easily replace Parker's production.

PlayNando
06-27-2013, 06:19 PM
ummm... WHAT???

Nando is nowhere near being a starting PG in the NBA, much less "capable of leading the Spurs to a title". He just finished his first NBA season as a bench player, and was pretty much the last option for PG off the bench in the playoffs.

Nando needs to get stronger, become capable of running the offense under pressure, improve greatly his ability to score, and cut down on turnovers. He could stand to run some significant D-league minutes.
Ah, another hater that will soon become a believer, tbh..............

Play Nando....................... The haters will become believers.........................

PlayNando
06-27-2013, 06:19 PM
I am all for trading your idea.
Can we trade Keepin' it real to the Oklahoma City Thunder for thunderup, tbh?

sananspursfan21
06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't think anyone really cares to be honest. Anyone named Play____ isn't going to be taken seriously regardless. PlayBlair ensured that already.

seriously, this guy's a joke. He's got my style of humor. difference is, I keep jokes like this to myself for fear of high scrutiny

PlayNando
06-27-2013, 09:16 PM
seriously, this guy's a joke. He's got my style of humor. difference is, I keep jokes like this to myself for fear of high scrutiny

Can't handle the truth, huh?

sananspursfan21
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM

Can't handle the truth, huh?

you should see my other profile on here PlayLewis. it's a heat troll