PDA

View Full Version : Not Your Typical Spurs Year

Rebounds
06-26-2013, 08:44 AM
1. Tony's eye injury in nightclub scrum (June before preseason)
2. Leaked Halloween picture of Timmy and Tony pointing guns at fake Crawford
3. Coach Pop, Spurs fined big bucks for pulling out Big 3 and Green for Heat game
4. Steven Jackson's dismissal
5. Tim and Amy Duncan divorce
6. Tim Duncan reestablishment of his regular season and post season league excellence
7. Coach Bud's announcement about departing for Hawk's head coaching position during finals
8. Losing an NBA Finals series in heart-breaking, dramatic fashion; and it's resultant generation of much controversy
9. Gaining a new group of fans through better-late-than-never NBA promotion
10. Taking part in an NBA Finals series that posted big numbers in viewership
11. Visible signs of a transition; from past-present team to new look future team

And I just know that there are other events and items that I have neglected to list here, as it was a very tumultuous and atypical Spurs year.

Is all this an aberrance or have we just joined the rest of the league?

dallasmaverickslose
06-26-2013, 10:32 AM
You're over analyzing it bro

Rebounds
06-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I hope so. In contrast to prior seasons, we were more tabloid than android. Hand to forehead moments were nicely offset by amazing games by Tim and Tony.
And the future does look bright. I for one would be happy to do with a little less drama, though. To me, our less than shining moments were somewhat distractive.

chapnis
06-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Stephen Jackson getting injured by tripping over someone courtside.

Kawhi Leonard missed a game from a loose nail (or something) on the court.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 03:34 PM
1. Tony's eye injury in nightclub scrum (June before preseason)
2. Leaked Halloween picture of Timmy and Tony pointing guns at fake Crawford
3. Coach Pop, Spurs fined big bucks for pulling out Big 3 and Green for Heat game
4. Steven Jackson's dismissal
5. Tim and Amy Duncan divorce
6. Tim Duncan reestablishment of his regular season and post season league excellence
7. Coach Bud's announcement about departing for Hawk's head coaching position during finals
8. Losing an NBA Finals series in heart-breaking, dramatic fashion; and it's resultant generation of much controversy
9. Gaining a new group of fans through better-late-than-never NBA promotion
10. Taking part in an NBA Finals series that posted big numbers in viewership
11. Visible signs of a transition; from past-present team to new look future team

And I just know that there are other events and items that I have neglected to list here, as it was a very tumultuous and atypical Spurs year.

Is all this an aberrance or have we just joined the rest of the league?

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Manu-Fuck-LeBron.jpg

KaiRMD1
06-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Stephen Jackson getting injured by tripping over that douche bag Mayor Bloomberg who promptly bragged about doing it.

mudyez
06-27-2013, 03:26 AM
...don't forget about this:

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/22/34/55/4836170/5/628x471.jpg