PDA

View Full Version : so what players are you willing to trade green for?

ducks
06-26-2013, 10:35 AM
This has nothing to do with green showing up at heat party and saying hi
However spurs need to get better and trading a player at his highest value is smart
so what players are you willing to trade green for?

Baam
06-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Good thread, it'd be very hard to trade Green but at the same time his trade value may be at an all time high with two cheap years left on his contract.

I'm not sure tbh. I'm not sure we can get a good enough return.

ducks
06-26-2013, 10:42 AM
to me tp,kl and duncan are the only untouchables on this team
you can not trade tp right now unless duncan retires

hyhy
06-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Harrison Barnes, Jimmy Butler, Chandler Parsons. One can dream. :downspin:

Robz4000
06-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately you won't get equal value for him unless he's packaged with another player, so prolly no one.

spurraider21
06-26-2013, 10:47 AM
You have to match salary, and were not going to find anybody else worth it. He can hold down SG/SF spot for over 30 mpg and 40 in playoffs. Keep him. He's still young and improving. Has good size for a 2 and is committed to D. Keeper

Baam
06-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Green + Bonner for Ilyasova + MIL first round pick?

I'd do something like that, we get a great shooter who is the same age at a position that's harder to fill.

Dex
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Would love to see what Gordon Harward could do in a Spurs uniform. Spurs would also gain a little capspace.

Green would probably fit in with Utah, but I don't see them letting Gordon go.

I. Hustle
06-26-2013, 10:51 AM
LeBron
Durant
Love
Hibbert
Curry
any of these players really. There are probably more that I would consider trading DG for if given the opportunity.

KawhiLeonard
06-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I would trade him for Paul George both make around the same salary and the trade seems even.

Raven
06-26-2013, 11:01 AM
i don't want to trade him.

skulls138
06-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Its not the Spurs style to trade easily. Greene is still young and could even get better, why take the chance?

dbestpro
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Alexy Shved (because its Minnesota), or Dion Waiters (Cleveland might end up with another drafted SG). Unlikely, but fun to think about would be sending Green as part of a sign and trade for Tyreke Evans.

stéphane
06-26-2013, 11:09 AM
It would be pretty stupid at this point to trade him considering what we would be offered.
He's a bargain and most FOs at this point see him more as someone who just did the highlight of his career than someone worth investing in considering his ceiling.

I like him (and his salary) as our starting SG.

rascal
06-26-2013, 11:14 AM
I would trade him for Paul George both make around the same salary and the trade seems even.

You think Green for Paul George is even? lol

dbestpro
06-26-2013, 11:15 AM
It would be pretty stupid at this point to trade him considering what we would be offered.
He's a bargain and most FOs at this point see him more as someone who just did the highlight of his career than someone worth investing in considering his ceiling.

I like him (and his salary) as our starting SG.

I think the point is that Green has hit his ceiling. If he does not know how to drive, dribble, and pass by now, he is not going to learn how. He is not a liability on defense and can hit the three. That is his ceiling. Not a whole lot different than Bonner (except for the defense) when you think about it.

TrainOfThought5
06-26-2013, 11:26 AM

all these trolls are getting out of hand..... the offseason is just getting started.

TrainOfThought5
06-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I think the point is that Green has hit his ceiling. If he does not know how to drive, dribble, and pass by now, he is not going to learn how. He is not a liability on defense and can hit the three. That is his ceiling. Not a whole lot different than Bonner (except for the defense) when you think about it.

Green plays well in the playoffs. BIG fucking difference.

temujin
06-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Green for Leonard and the #28 pick.

Chinook
06-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Why has Green hit his ceiling? He's shown he can drive and finish much better than he did against Miami. He had very little problem with that against Golden State and Memphis. He just has to get more consistent with that. As for handles, he doesn't have very good ones, but they're better than he's shown, as well. Pop actually used him to run the point a little his first year in the rotation. People are always looking to count Green out on his development, but he's improved past what people have thought was his ceiling for two years now. At least let him lock himself in gym for the summer and see how he comes out first. He's more than earned that level of trust.

Anyhow, I would only trade him for a package better than the one Hill got (like 9 and 26) Green's much better than Hill was, and he has another cheap year on his contract. Even then, I'd only trade him if there was both a candidate at the top that the Spurs liked as much as they like Leonard two years ago, and a player they like to replace Green in the 20s. You just don't move a player like Danny Green for scraps.

Chinook
06-26-2013, 12:03 PM
You have to match salary, and were not going to find anybody else worth it. He can hold down SG/SF spot for over 30 mpg and 40 in playoffs. Keep him. He's still young and improving. Has good size for a 2 and is committed to D. Keeper

If the Spurs go under the cap, they do not have to match salary.

Chinook
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Green + Bonner for Ilyasova + MIL first round pick?

I'd do something like that, we get a great shooter who is the same age at a position that's harder to fill.

Best trade proposed here. Ilyasova could excel in the Spurs' system. I'd actually think long and hard about that offer. But I think with Ilyasova's contract and the fact that Milwaukee wants to create cap space to re-sign two of their guards, the Spurs can get a better deal on him than that.

look_at_g_shred
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Danny's a great defender. Keep him!!

scramby eggs
06-26-2013, 12:33 PM
all these trolls are getting out of hand..... the offseason is just getting started.

This

CGD
06-26-2013, 12:41 PM
Danny is solid in the Spurs's system. Think it would be silly to move him right now given the value. Probably as sweetener in a larger deal?

Poolboy5623
06-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I don't think other teams are drooling over the thought of adding d green...yes he set a finals record for 3s but he's one dimensional and everyone saw what happened, when the defense played tight on him. Probably the most overrated player on the team right now.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 01:12 PM
Thomas Robinson... Danny Green to Cleveland, Houston Gets picks, we get Robinson.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 04:28 PM
OP is a dumba*s. Why would you trade a guy that is costing us little money? OP you should change your thread title to "so what players are you willing to trade Manu for?"

tesseractive
06-26-2013, 04:46 PM
OP is a dumba*s. Why would you trade a guy that is costing us little money? OP you should change your thread title to "so what players are you willing to trade Manu for?"
Relax, it's just a hypothetical. And yeah, you could post a hypothetical about Manu too, or even Tony (as in: what players other than LeBron and Durant would you be willing to trade Tony straight up for?).

The Ilyasova answer is interesting, for example.

phxspurfan
06-26-2013, 05:18 PM
I would consider trading green for James Harden

angelbelow
06-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Danny Green for Roy Hibbert and George Hill!!! Do it Mitch!!!!!

Kidd K
06-26-2013, 06:40 PM
Green's barely getting paid anything and he's good. There's nothing good out there that we can get for him that would be anywhere approaching what we already get out of Danny Green.

I'd rather keep Green and look forward to any possible improvements in his game over the offseason. He really pumped up his defense 2 years ago, and his 3pt shot last year. It isn't entirely unreasonable to expect that he'll maybe work on his handles a little to add an extra dimension to his game. At least for use in a pinch.

mudyez
06-26-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't see DG going anywhere and I'd like to see him in a Spurs jersey for quite a while anyway.
But just for the sake of fun (and forgetting game6 for some minutes) I tried some things. I could come up with only one trade (had to scarp the idea of a Monroe/Green trade) that may make sense and which I'd at least think about as the Spurs.

Green (+ our firstrounder if they really want it...as it will be a stach-pick anyway) for rights to Victor Oladipo + K.Seraphine + C.Singleton

- Not sure if WAS does it, but they may feel more confortable with Wall+Green than Wall+unprofen Rookie, that won't reach his potential on a weird team. They are not very high on the other trading chips as far as I know, making it essentialy a simple Green/Oladipo...proven/unprofen trade for them.

- Singleton could turn out to be something in the Spurs system (low risk/high reward).
- Seraphine is one more frenchie on our way to an all frensh lineup(+ giving us a nice body up front)...Worst case he is next seasons Blair...Best case he can take over some of Splitters productivity (no matter if he stayes) and form a nice second unit with Diaw, DeColo, Manu (I know he isn't french) and whoever else.
- Oladipo could turn out great on our team/with our coaching and may be scarry with KL next to him. He may be just the next Danny Green, but also has more upside especially with our team.

Not the greatest blockbuster and overall the "just stick with what you have instead of trading a profen DTA for a young DTA+goodies" argument is hard to shatter.

Let me know what you think!

Marrow
06-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Green outplays his contract by a fair margin...you won't get anything of equal value in return, especially at the 2

dbestpro
06-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Just like Green is over valued because he went off in the finals in thse posts, he could be over valued in a trade. That is the point in that he might be able to get you a significant player, but that value will most likely be short lived.

apalisoc_9
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
I would not trade Green unless it inovles another player that can play D, Hit shoots and top 20 pick. He's already better at his position and role than G. Hill ever was.

Obviously Chinook is hardcore fan considering the fact that he thinks Green should have an increased role in the offensive end which is absurd. That said, I would never trade Green because he's exactly what the spurs need. He's got Bruce Bowen potential tbh, and he is only going to improve on the defensive end. I'd like it if he can fake and dribble shoot too something i think is very realistic to achieve in the summer.

therealtruth
06-26-2013, 09:21 PM
The Finals exposed the Spurs weaknesses. They need to be able to defend tall/small lineups and improve their ball movement against a good defense. The Spurs are the masters of ball movement during the regular season. But as soon as they face a good defensive team that ball movement disappears.