PDA

View Full Version : Statue for Pop outside ATT Center

Fabbs
06-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Ideas for paying tribute to the greatest coach of our time.

How about a statue of Pop staring stoically as Ginobili is throwing away his 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th turnover? True that statue would involve two people but i think it could be done.

Huddled in the timeout with us up 5 with 28 seconds to play and saying nothing about fouling before the shot? Fouling the rebounder for sure?

Or maybe 2006 a statue of CIA Pop telling Nazr to go sit on the bench and then watching Mike Finley D-up on Dirk at the PF position?

I'm also liking 2102s jumping up off the bench and having a bitch fit towards Splitter after some minor mistake. Splitts pulled immediately in favor of small balls.

Or, a fan and certainly Spurstalk favorite Matty Bonbon in an embrace with Pop?

Ideas on statue to pay tribute to Pop?

Kool Bob Love
06-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Any of these would be fine with me.

http://www.bloguin.com/crossoverchronicles/images/stories/Gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0326/pg2_03262010_576.jpg

And for the OP.

http://spreegoogs.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/gregg-popovich.jpg?w=300&h=162

4 rings phaggot.

Fabbs
06-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Any of these would be fine with me.
You know how the Catholics have that statue where they kiss the hand of the Head Pedophile?

Maybe the sculpters could leave the ass area accessable so you Poppers could pay tribute.

Poolboy5623
06-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Only one statue will be needed, when the dust settles. Timmy hugging the ball, before tip is the pose to go with..

dbestpro
06-26-2013, 01:10 PM
How about a statue of a supersized bottle of wine.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2013, 01:40 PM
It will probably be located somewhere downtown like Aeurbach's. Not sure the present location will be home of the Spurs after the current lease.

Of course they could just move it around with all the others that will be there.

Cry Havoc
06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Should be a combined statue of Pop giving the LOB to Duncan, tbh.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2013, 01:50 PM
There are going to be four statues, of course.

Cry Havoc
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
There are going to be four statues, of course.

Avery will be so happy to read this comment.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Avery will be so happy to read this comment.Damn, there will be people demanding one for him.

Gervin44Silas13
06-26-2013, 02:57 PM
No you need one of Gervin....Robinson and Duncan!!!

Sportcamper
06-26-2013, 03:54 PM
http://spreegoogs.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/gregg-popovich.jpg?w=300&h=162

Just 28 seconds for number 4!

Libri
06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Just put a statue of a guy pounding the rock.

mudyez
06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
No you need one of Gervin....Robinson and Duncan!!!

With all due respect for Ice and Robinson, they won't get statues (if so, there would be like 5-10 statues in front of most arenas) as Ice was his eras T-Mac/Melo and Robinson saved the franchise but didn't get us over the hump himself.

Duncan should get one before Pop, but I'm fine with both of them (even next to each other...and no, not with Duncan sitting on the bench and Pop standin!!!).

mudyez
Just put a statue of a guy pounding the rock.

nice idea!!!

illusioNtEk
my sig :)

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Only one statue will be needed, when the dust settles. Timmy hugging the ball, before tip is the pose to go with..That's right. Tim Duncan is the main reason why the Spurs have 4 rings. Pop, Manu, and TP would probably not be future Hall of Famers had it not been for Tim Duncan. They should thank Timmy for the successful career that they've had.

lefty
06-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Statue of Pop with Duncan sitting next to him on the bench, 2013 NBA finals game 6 style

silverblk mystix
06-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Statue of Pop hugging and rubbing his body in between D.Wade and Lebron.

Written underneath: "2013 Champions!"

SA210
06-26-2013, 04:55 PM

How about a statue of Pop staring stoically as Ginobili is throwing away his 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th turnover? True that statue would involve two people but i think it could be done.

Huddled in the timeout with us up 5 with 28 seconds to play and saying nothing about fouling before the shot? Fouling the rebounder for sure?

Or maybe 2006 a statue of CIA Pop telling Nazr to go sit on the bench and then watching Mike Finley D-up on Dirk at the PF position?

I'm also liking 2102s jumping up off the bench and having a bitch fit towards Splitter after some minor mistake. Splitts pulled immediately in favor of small balls.

:lmao:rollin

KL2
06-26-2013, 05:46 PM
I'd like a statue similar North Korea's Kim Il Sung, same pose

http://lindsayfincher.com/gallery/d/20355-1/dprk_mansudae_grand_monument_04.JPG

HemisfairArena
06-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Just make a statue of Duncan with Pop riding on him piggy back style since Duncan carried him to 4 titles.

SA210
06-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Just make a statue of Duncan with Pop riding on him piggy back style since Duncan carried him to 4 titles.

:lol This

dallasmaverickslose
06-26-2013, 07:23 PM

Without Pop we don't win any of these championships and Duncan goes to Orlando. OP do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

SA210
06-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Without Duncan, Pop doesn't win any of these championships and Pop goes the weasel. I should do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

Baseline
06-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Whatever a sphincter looks like would be most appropriate.

therealtruth
06-26-2013, 09:15 PM

Just for once I would like to see what happens when Pop doesn't go small to try to match up with the other team when he has the superior defensive team.

silverblk mystix
06-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Just for once I would like to see what happens when Pop doesn't go small to try to match up with the other team when he has the superior defensive team.

Blake
06-26-2013, 10:25 PM
The Spurs go to game 7 of the Finals and Pop haters still hate.

Solid D
06-26-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.havesnarkwilltravel.com/hswt/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/wooden-wine-drinker-sculpture-barossa-valley-south-australia.jpeg

If Fabbs had his way, the statue would be this.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Without Pop we don't win any of these championships and Duncan goes to Orlando. OP do us all a favor and shut the hell up.You are the biggest Popsucker and Manu fanboy that I've ever seen in my life.

SA210
06-26-2013, 10:44 PM
:madrun I'm a Popsucker, Pop can do no wrong :madrun

That's a good boy Blake. I know you spend so much time praising me while your wife gets banged by another guy...but you will be rewarded with a towel boy position in no time. I'd give you a higher position but it just wouldn't be fair to the team. Patience, son :tu

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Just for once I would like to see what happens when Pop doesn't go small to try to match up with the other team when he has the superior defensive team.That is why Pop needs another big that can be a threat offensively to punish smaller defenders like Mike Miller and Shane Battier. David West or Al Jefferson would fit the bill.

dallasmaverickslose
06-26-2013, 11:09 PM
You are the biggest Popsucker and Manu fanboy that I've ever seen in my life.

You are the most irrational and stupid Pop and Manu hater that I've ever seen in my life.

Rogue
06-26-2013, 11:14 PM
well deserved honor for Pop. Pop is the Fergie of basketball and I'm pretty sure Duncan will also be there next to him in a few years. Duncan and Pop are the persons that made the history of this franchise imho

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-26-2013, 11:26 PM
At the bottom put, I WANTTT NASTTTYYY

BatManu20
06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
This exact statue with Pop's head on it tbh.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2iglnyb.jpg

texmich
06-27-2013, 12:25 AM
I agree, build one, so the smart fans who know, he cost us at least 1 title and Tim Duncan won all those titles can proceed to tear it down!!http://www.sknvibes.com/news/gfxz/photo_1318426390435-1-0.jpg

elmanutres
06-27-2013, 12:49 AM
:lol

elmanutres
06-27-2013, 12:51 AM
reading some of these comments, i wonder if you guys will be able to handle a 20-62 season

TheGoldStandard
06-27-2013, 12:56 AM
reading some of these comments, i wonder if you guys will be able to handle a 20-62 season

lol.. what? like common bobcat fans? I think not

BatManu20
06-27-2013, 12:58 AM

I don't think we'll ever be that bad again. 30-52 sounds more realistic :toast

dallasmaverickslose
06-27-2013, 12:59 AM

Forreal.

The Spurs are widely considered to be one of the most successful sports franchises (of ANY professional sport) in the last decade. But for some reason one controverisial move means we should crucify the greatest coach in franchise history and at the same time hate on one of our most beloved players (who is old) for not playing like Michael Jordan? Looking forward to the roaches on these forums slowly dying off.

texmich
06-27-2013, 01:38 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Imma+kill+this+roach+nigga_9455cb_4410538.jpg you will never get rid of us, lol

texmich
06-27-2013, 01:40 AM
You are the biggest Popsucker and Manu fanboy that I've ever seen in my life.
And don't forget that little cat, forgot his name, dude straight blows manu on this forum

tesseractive
06-27-2013, 02:40 AM

It can be right below the epic mural of throngs of Spurs fans trying to get back coaching legends like Bob Hill or Tark the Shark because 4 rings isn't good enough for them.

Fabbs
07-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Fred Billdare, spokesman for Statues.com based in Salt Lake City, Utah has voiced some of the events for the much anticipated Greg Popovich project outside San Antonios ATT Center.
"We are working with the Development Services Department - The City of San Antonio to ensure all permits, codes and zoning laws are complied with." Billdare went on to relate how some historical statues have had problems which could also occur to the Popovich sculpt. Regarding the *saynt* Peter statue in Rome at the Vatican, the following is known.

Pilgrims who come to the Basilica traditionally touch and kiss its foot, so that it is literally worn thin. In the Middle Ages pilgrims who reached Rome, touched and kissed the foot of the statue and prayed to St. Peter asking that he be merciful and open the gates of heaven for them if they died during the pilgrimage.

Billdare went on to relate how PopFan could kiss parts of the proposed statue and present "DNA on a much more problematic scale". The company is planning on using "titanium and resistant rubber on the buttocks and other areas of the statue. We have been informed of the level of reverence and behavior patters of PopFan."

Updates expected.

Darkwaters
07-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Honestly, I think a nice statue to put out front of the AT&T Center would be of a stone cutter. Put a plaque on the bottom with the quote and dedicate it to all the players that have been central to the Pop-Duncan Era. That would seem to be a very Spurs thing to do afterall. Don't make a statue to one man, but something that symbolizes the team and the vision of that team as a whole.

Sounds very communist actually, but I think it'd be great.

Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

DMX7
07-10-2013, 03:26 PM
No way in hell Pop would want it.

kemak
07-10-2013, 04:13 PM
I'd like a statue similar North Korea's Kim Il Sung, same pose

http://lindsayfincher.com/gallery/d/20355-1/dprk_mansudae_grand_monument_04.JPG

http://i43.tinypic.com/oknz92.jpg

Fabbs
07-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Put a plaque on the bottom with the quote and dedicate it to all the players that have been central to the Pop-Duncan Era. That would seem to be a very Spurs thing to do afterall. Don't make a statue to one man, but something that symbolizes the team and the vision of that team as a whole.

Sounds very communist actually, but I think it'd be great.
Sources are indeed saying that a sculpt with "many" Spurs players is planned, with a very long group coatail extending off of them with Greg Pop standing on the coatail.

Of course then you get into who gets put on, who gets left out.

HemisfairArena
07-17-2013, 06:08 PM
First Pop statue should be of him putting a knife into Bob Hill's back since that's how he became head coach. And just have the name plate say The Ultimate Backstabber. I thought those days were over until I saw him backstab Duncan in game 6 of the Finals with the game on the line and he benches him.

coyotes_geek
07-17-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm kind of partial to giving Pop full Ghenghis Khan honors atop the remodeled AT&T center.

http://www.mining.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/mongolia_genghis_khan_statue.jpg

Marcus Bryant
07-17-2013, 09:36 PM

Probably not.

Marcus Bryant
07-17-2013, 09:36 PM
First Pop statue should be of him putting a knife into Bob Hill's back since that's how he became head coach. And just have the name plate say The Ultimate Backstabber. I thought those days were over until I saw him backstab Duncan in game 6 of the Finals with the game on the line and he benches him.

Rofl. Get over it already Kevin fucking O'Keefe.

ChumpDumper
07-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Bob who?