PDA

View Full Version : I want us to sign JR Smith à

jermaine
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
He has seriously changed himself as a player. An with the way Pop give players the green light to shoot whenever, he'd fit right in. He was guarding the best player sometimes while on the court so he playes great defense. I really think he'd be a great option. Tony is more activeIin the media than him too. Thoughts?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-26-2013, 12:27 PM
High risk/high reward. Spurs rarely ever have the cap space they do now, I'm not sure if using it on Smith would be smart.

Raven
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
there is nothing to gain there.

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-26-2013, 12:29 PM
I despise JR Smith, but I feel like he would be good as a system player.

jermaine
06-26-2013, 02:12 PM
After his stint in China, he has been a great player, teammate, an accountable. His willingness to play hardnose defense is what I love about him now. An with Pop allowing him to shoot whenever, im sure he'd be happy here. He's a real SG that we need cuz Manu is done after next season. Like him or not, the boy can score buckets an aint afraid of the lights. Sure he had a bad series this yr but so what.

Andthentherewas21
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Pass. If u think Manu was bad in these playoffs take a look at Smith's stats.

DJR210
06-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Another player to collapse under the pressure of the playoffs?

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 02:23 PM
Spurs wouldn't go after him and he wouldn't play here.

JR3
06-26-2013, 03:46 PM
The spurs tried to trade for him back when we had brent barry.

baseline bum
06-26-2013, 04:18 PM
JR Smith's playoffs was worse than Manu's Finals. No thanks.

tesseractive
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
After his stint in China, he has been a great player, teammate, an accountable. His willingness to play hardnose defense is what I love about him now. An with Pop allowing him to shoot whenever, im sure he'd be happy here. He's a real SG that we need cuz Manu is done after next season. Like him or not, the boy can score buckets an aint afraid of the lights. Sure he had a bad series this yr but so what.
Maybe, but I'd be pretty nervous that he might revert to form. Yes, he would fill a great role as offense off the bench, but we're talking about a pretty big chunk of cash for a guy who's only, what? A couple of years removed from being completely uncoachable?

Darkwaters
06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
He has seriously changed himself as a player. An with the way Pop give players the green light to shoot whenever, he'd fit right in. He was guarding the best player sometimes while on the court so he playes great defense. I really think he'd be a great option. Tony is more activeIin the media than him too. Thoughts?

Too bad he hasn't changed the fact that hes a dumb shit. Horrible attitude. Horrible person. Piece of shit. Not a Spurs-type player. I don't care how talented he is, I don't want his sorry ass.

SenorSpur
06-26-2013, 04:31 PM
C'mon man!

spurraider21
06-26-2013, 04:32 PM
:lol this thread

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 04:38 PM
JR Smith = Manu Ginobili (2013) v2

baseline bum
06-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Smith is such a horrible postseason player. His last four playoffs he has shot .331, .316, .356, .368. No thanks.

LakerHater
06-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Rather stay with Manu!

ace3g
06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
He also mentioned knee swelling as part of his playoff struggles, might want to wait and see if there is any structural damage.

jermaine
06-26-2013, 04:50 PM
:depressed

Darius McCrary
06-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Smith is such a horrible postseason player. His last four playoffs he has shot .331, .316, .356, .368. No thanks.

Fair enough, but consider the system he's in vs him finding a niche in our system.

baseline bum
06-26-2013, 05:05 PM
He also mentioned knee swelling as part of his playoff struggles, might want to wait and see if there is any structural damage.

What was his excuse the previous three years though? JR Smith is the kind of player who is going to end up massively overpaid because he looks like a B+ player to the eye test, when statistically he isn't any better than a C.

bigfan
06-26-2013, 05:14 PM
He'd last about 3 days with Pop.

jermaine
06-26-2013, 05:47 PM
:depressed

racm
06-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Okay, but do you want him driving with Tony, Timmy, or Manu in the front seat?

Gagnrath
06-26-2013, 06:49 PM
If he was 3 years younger with his current brain I'd say sure, but right now I'm kind of a pass, This is I think a player who was not in the right place in denver from a personal standpoint, especially on an AI, 'Mello lead team. I think the right thing for him is a strong coach away from 'Melo and things will be good, bad news I don't see that happening.

Zocalo
06-26-2013, 06:51 PM
Did you see the playoffs? Seriously...

Marrow
06-26-2013, 06:56 PM
JR Smith = Gary Neal + 5 million $$...no thanks

jermaine
06-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Did you see his dunk with his ball sacs on Neals lips? If so how can you even start to compare. Neals defense aint half as good as JRs.

Marrow
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Did you see his dunk with his ball sacs on Neals lips? If so how can you even start to compare. Neals defense aint half as good as JRs.

So you're saying I should pay 5 million $$ extra to have the chance to watch some average D and the slim possiblility of witnessing an impressive dunk while he chucks up shot after shot...yeah definitely money well spent, could you handle my finances???:rollin

jermaine
06-26-2013, 08:32 PM
No but he's not scared like Neal, Bonner, an whoever else. An besides the jersey sales that people like you will help sale. I think it will add up.

exstatic
06-26-2013, 08:51 PM
He has not changed ONE FUCKING BIT since he's been in the league.

ffadicted
06-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I want you to stop posting tbh

Marrow
06-26-2013, 08:59 PM
No but he's not scared like Neal, Bonner, an whoever else. An besides the jersey sales that people like you will help sale. I think it will add up.

Selling jerseys doesn't win championships

m33p0
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
no. next!

baseline bum
06-26-2013, 09:59 PM

Could give two shits whether he's scared or not when he's retarded. Four straight years of truly horrible postseason play tells me he's not the guy to put the Spurs over the top.

TrainOfThought5
06-26-2013, 10:12 PM
High risk/high reward. Spurs rarely ever have the cap space they do now, I'm not sure if using it on Smith would be smart.

exactly. id rather risk Duncans twilight years on Josh Smith, and Ledo... maybe iggy.

Sean Cagney
06-26-2013, 11:47 PM

Thats all you had to say.

spursince#99
06-26-2013, 11:53 PM

All I needed to hear.

dg7md
06-27-2013, 06:39 AM
He will play like an all-star under us. I can guarantee that he probably is sick of losing, he will flourish under us if he chooses to be with us.

It's high-risk, high-reward. I think we need a player like JR to have a chance against the Heat. Fearless baller that will fit our SJax needs.

jermaine
06-27-2013, 06:50 AM
He will play like an all-star under us. I can guarantee that he probably is sick of losing, he will flourish under us if he chooses to be with us.

It's high-risk, high-reward. I think we need a player like JR to have a chance against the Heat. Fearless baller that will fit our SJax needs.

I mean we do. We have to many dam school boys on this team. To many players that wanna shoot tear drops instead of finishing like a man. Our bigs shoot more tear drops than anyone. Its time to switch it up.

temujin
06-27-2013, 06:50 AM
There is a license for just about everything you do these days.
Except opening theads.
Incredible.

jermaine
06-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Are you referring to me? If so, why? Im just expressing my desire to see a player signed to the Spurs this off season like everyone else. If you dont agree, its not hard to have a respectively debate on why certain players should or shouldn't be on this team. No need to degrade or be rude with one aonther. Seriously, this site use to be the shit. Now people on here just aint shit.

temujin
06-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Are you referring to me? If so, why? Im just expressing my desire to see a player signed to the Spurs this off season like everyone else. If you dont agree, its not hard to have a respectively debate on why certain players should or shouldn't be on this team. No need to degrade or be rude with one aonther. Seriously, this site use to be the shit. Now people on here just aint shit.

Obviously, you are entitled to open any thread you want.

However.

What I personally like about the Spurs is that they stand for certain values.
A certain philosophy of life, which is reflected in the way they actually play basketball.
For me, it's the way basketball is supposed to be played.
Independently of whether they win a title or not.

If you have followed the Spurs for some time, I am sure you agree that this attitude is real, not just something you talk about. And guides their decision in terms of personnel.

A quick search on the internet clarifies that these values are definitely NOT shared by Mr. JR Smith.
And a lot of other basketball players, by the way.

According to his own words, here is JR Smith philosophy.
"A lot of times, I was trying to score as many points as I could just because I knew that would [tick] George off and do certain things I knew would get him mad. But at the same time, I couldn't look at it that way because I wasn't winning that situation, anyway, which I didn't."

After a good season, JR Smith reverted to his real philosophy in the PO, again "insulting the sanctity of the game" (as per G. Karl).

I am sure there are many reasons to feel sorry for him as a human being, but if there ever was an anti-Spur player, that is JR Smith.

jermaine
06-27-2013, 10:26 AM
Everyone is not Stephen Jackson. Some grow after yrs of doing the same thing. Look at Zack Randolph. Im sure everyone thought he'd be just another black waste of talent that doesn't know how to act. Now look at him. Under the right circumstances everyone can change. An with the way he has played as a teammate since his return from China, I've been impressed. Sometimes its ok to get "Crunk". Everyone is not Kawhi Leonard.

Spurs9
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

jermaine
06-27-2013, 11:36 AM
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

So would most on here4e claiming that they dont like him. They'd be the first with a Smith jersey.