PDA

View Full Version : Spurs GM R.C. Buford talks to the media about the upcoming draft and team evaluation

ace3g
06-26-2013, 12:52 PM
San Antonio Spurs @spurs
(http://twitter.com/spurs)Spurs GM R.C. Buford talks to the media about the upcoming NBA Draft and overall team evaluation. Check it out here: on.nba.com/1af7rKt (http://t.co/cQn0yOOmku)

Chinook
06-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the link. Checking it out now.

Baam
06-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Great stuff, great insight, so much better than Pop's interviews.

Nice to hear that he's fully aware they have to work some magic because of where Tim and Manu are in their career. And pretty fair assessment of Splitter as well.

Wish there was more interviews with the "other" guys. RC, Udoka, Chip... We don't ever get anything interesting with Pop anyway.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm glad someone has the guts to say this stuff, that we need our FO to start doing stuff to get ready for life after Tim.

ace3g
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm glad someone has the guts to say this stuff, that we need our FO to start doing stuff to get ready for life after Tim.

You would have to be pretty stubborn to really think the FO isn't thinking about life after Timmy, even if they don't come out and say it directly.

Spur-Addict
06-26-2013, 01:15 PM
That was a lot of nothing as expected.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Hopefully the Spurs won't coddle whoever they draft, if they draft a big man. We need to know quickly if they're coachable and can develop.

Outlier
06-26-2013, 01:19 PM
A lot of vague answers as usual.

RD2191
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Im tired of the draft and stash bullshit, we need to start developing players asap.

DesignatedT
06-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Stupid ass questions. Seriously.

Maddog
06-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Not much there,but what do you expect.
The only teams with a somewhat clear picture of what they are going to do are the first few picks.
At 28 you've got to be flexible.

Captivus
06-26-2013, 02:37 PM
If he talked slower, he could stop time.

Knoxxx
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Not watchable for the duration. I heard "we have a lot of glaring needs" which is much more what I'd like to hear than standing pat with no significant additions.

tmtcsc
06-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Mike Monroe is a stuttering, muttering fuck. He's awful.

SenorSpur
06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the link

ducks
06-26-2013, 03:18 PM
spurs are thinking about when tim and manu are no more what talent they need
GOOD

Libri
06-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Nothing revealed, as expected.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Great stuff, great insight, so much better than Pop's interviews.
Nice to hear that he's fully aware they have to work some magic because of where Tim and Manu are in their career. And pretty fair assessment of Splitter as well.
Wish there was more interviews with the "other" guys. RC, Udoka, Chip... We don't ever get anything interesting with Pop anyway.
You would have to be pretty stubborn to really think the FO isn't thinking about life after Timmy, even if they don't come out and say it directly.
Not watchable for the duration. I heard "we have a lot of glaring needs" which is much more what I'd like to hear than standing pat with no significant additions.I liked this interview. I'm glad to see that the FO realizes that Tim Duncan and Tony Parker are not eternal. I hope this means that they will finally pick up some much needed help via the FA market.

tesseractive
06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Im tired of the draft and stash bullshit, we need to start developing players asap.
Developing what players exactly? Just go find a guy at #28 who's ready to step in and be the Kawhi Leonard of centers from day 1? If we have to choose between some guy who's probably not going to make it as a Spurs player to start developing right now and a guy who will take a couple of years to get but grades out as a likely solid rotation player, wouldn't it be better to get the guy that we at least think could be useful?

angelbelow
06-26-2013, 06:13 PM
Classic RC interview. Thanks for the link.

CGD
06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Confirmed what we've all thought about Tiago. Interesting nugget about valuing his ability (or lack thereof) to command double teams in the post, and what that means for $$. Fully content to let the market dictate price. Same applies to Neal.

stephen jackson
06-26-2013, 11:58 PM
im happy rc doesnt seem overly tied on to keeping tiago
i want that cap space :)

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2013, 12:05 AM
:toast
im happy rc doesnt seem overly tied on to keeping tiago
i want that cap space :)

Choosemorelove
06-27-2013, 03:05 AM
I can't be the only person who got drunk listening to that, can I?
Two sheets to the wind my friends...two sheets!

therealtruth
06-27-2013, 05:23 AM
Confirmed what we've all thought about Tiago. Interesting nugget about valuing his ability (or lack thereof) to command double teams in the post, and what that means for $$. Fully content to let the market dictate price. Same applies to Neal.

That's why they never developed Tiago's postup game? They were trying to keep his price low. I remember a stretch in '12 where he was scoring in the post pretty much at will.

Chomag
06-27-2013, 07:13 AM
Kind of puts a a damper on the standing pat crowed. I'm glad to see the FO admitting to reality, and I hope they can figure out something in the off season because knowing Pop if anything else changes mid next season he most likely wouldn't give them any minutes with his whole "must have been in training camp" policy.

Also after the Pop interview It seems Pop and the other FO are not on the same page about this topic right now so we will have to see what happens.