PDA

View Full Version : TE's

Avante
06-26-2013, 04:21 PM
When Jerry Rice was at Mississippi Valley State they averaged over 50 points a game. QB Willie Totten would stand back there in the shotgun and look for one of his five receivers. Only time a running back entered he game was short yardage/goal line.

We've all seen Army and Navy play, run run run and run.

There are many ways to attack a defense. I'd love to see a four TE set. Yep, the Pats got me thinking about this. Big guys vs db's. Talk about a mismatch.

Have that one speed receiver flanked out wide. then 4 TE's. Yep, two in the backfield as recieving fullbacks. Imagine an offense featuring a gang of big fast 250 pounders. Would it work?

Lincoln
06-26-2013, 04:36 PM
So where would you take away the extra positions on the 53 man roster to incorporate this idea of yours?

Avante
06-26-2013, 05:17 PM
So where would you take away the extra positions on the 53 man roster to incorporate this idea of yours?

No fullbacks, less wide receivers.

There is a reason Tony Gonzales, Shannon Sharpe, Jason Witten, Ozzie Newsome and Antonio Gates are among the top receivers ever. Now have 4 of those coming at you.

Lincoln
06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Tight ends aren't really home run hitters tho. U could bring a safety up in the box and play linebackers in place of dbs

Avante
06-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Tight ends aren't really home run hitters tho. U could bring a safety up in the box and play linebackers in place of dbs

I mentioned having one speed receiver there. That is a must or everyone is in the box.

Enought isn't made out wearing a defense down. Nothing does it faster/better than deealing with big backs in this case TE's. It hurts tackling big guys, it does take it's toll.

Hell John Riggins the perfect example of what a big back can do. There are TE's similiar to Riggins.

Lincoln
06-26-2013, 06:58 PM
To answer your question, yes it would probably work here and there..maybe not for a full game idk. It could never realistically happen though, speed pass catching TEs get paid and a team couldn't afford to have 4 of them

Avante
06-26-2013, 07:10 PM
To answer your question, yes it would probably work here and there..maybe not for a full game idk. It could never realistically happen though, speed pass catching TEs get paid and a team couldn't afford to have 4 of them

Trust me $$$$$ has nothing to do with this. All teams can afford 4 wide receivers, this is no different.

gaKNOW!blee
06-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Trust me $$$$$ has nothing to do with this. All teams can afford 4 wide receivers, this is no different.

Teams can't afford 4 fast 250 pounders like your OP states. If all 4 players are truly do it all guys, they will cost a lot. PLUS a fast wr??

Avante
06-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Teams can't afford 4 fast 250 pounders like your OP states. If all 4 players are truly do it all guys, they will cost a lot. PLUS a fast wr??

I am talking in place of backs and wide receivers not in addition to, I assumed that was obvious. Every team in the league as at least three TE's on their roster, all have a couple big backs. Just take some creativity, no big deal.

Avante
06-26-2013, 11:05 PM
avante just likes the idea of tight lil bottoms

Grow up, ok?

Avante
06-27-2013, 01:41 AM
i'm 6'9

You're which...6 or 9?

Raven
06-27-2013, 01:49 PM
it wouldn't work, letting corners know in what zone the pass will go so easily means the qb would need to throw cannons in tight coverage or TEs would get tackled so badly they would fumble it too easily. in the end you could make it work with a very strong running game, but in a way you would be playing more rugby than football.

Avante
06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
6 around 9 length

I meant 6 or 9 years old.

Avante
06-27-2013, 02:12 PM
it wouldn't work, letting corners know in what zone the pass will go so easily means the qb would need to throw cannons in tight coverage or TEs would get tackled so badly they would fumble it too easily. in the end you could make it work with a very strong running game, but in a way you would be playing more rugby than football.

I'm looking at it more as a running game with the short pass sprinkled in. We will have that speed receiver who will command double coverge. Most TE's can play fullback are good enought runners to pound the rock.

The idea is to pound on a D, not try to quick them or fool them. Just here we come try and stop us. Two big TE's in the backfield two on the line. Sometimes in tight sometimes spread. Everytime you go to tackle omebody he's vs a 250 pounder. That will wear down any defense.

No not trying to say thisis the norm, it isn't.

v_vgG0lSZVQ

Darth_Pelican
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes it would work if you ran that set about 4-8 times per game, but not the majority of the time. First of all, there are probably only a dozen TE's in the NFL that actually stike fear to a defensive coordinator as talented WR threats. How would you be able to get 4 out of the 12 of them on a single roster? How could a team afford that? And then there is conditioning. TE's are not conditioned to run full speed passing routes play after play. Most of them would be winded as fuck after around 3 plays. Then you would have to sub, which means you would need even more than 4 TE's on your roster if this is your main offense. And as always, coaches would make necessary adjustments to stop such a consitent attack.

Avante
06-27-2013, 02:50 PM
Yes it would work if you ran that set about 4-8 times per game, but not the majority of the time. First of all, there are probably only a dozen TE's in the NFL that actually stike fear to a defensive coordinator as talented WR threats. How would you be able to get 4 out of the 12 of them on a single roster? How could a team afford that? And then there is conditioning. TE's are not conditioned to run full speed passing routes play after play. Most of them would be winded as fuck after around 3 plays. Then you would have to sub, which means you would need even more than 4 TE's on your roster if this is your main offense. And as always, coaches would make necessary adjustments to stop such a consitent attack.

I like it.

My point is beat a defense down. Rip their heart out. Big stud backs do that and so can TE's. Obviously I got a bit carried away with it. But some sort of scheme more about ..BAM!...that quicks/deception.