PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help Please

angel_luv
07-16-2005, 09:39 PM
I keep getting this pop up message every hour or so and I don't know what it means or what to do about it.

It reads: Message from system alert to current user on 7/16/2005 time
( varies by when message comes up)
Windows error reg-3328. Windows has detected errors in the registry. Your system files are in danger of being corrupted.
Visit www. clean-xp.com to repair your computer. Please write this site down.

I just today renewed my Norton's anti virus today and ran a full scan. I also ran an adware scan.
Can anyone tell me why I might be getting that message. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Download Spyobt S & D and try that scan.

Seems like spyware, especially if it advertises another site.

Kori Ellis
07-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Use spybot and adaware - it should get rid of it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Make sure you AdAware has the latest updates, too.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2005, 09:46 PM
You googled Rasho one too many times.

Damn your eyes, girl!

angel_luv
07-16-2005, 09:47 PM
thanks... let me see if I can find spybot

ChumpDumper
07-16-2005, 09:48 PM
You can search for it at majorgeeks.com or download.com

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-16-2005, 09:49 PM
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-16-2005, 09:53 PM
All good suggestions. Spyware Dr. is also good and is also available at download.com. Just research which spyware removal tool is best for you.

I've been told that having more than one of them is the best way. Different spyware removers will catch stuff the others missed.

angel_luv
07-16-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm using Spyware Slayer... hopefully that does the trick. It is what came up when I searched spybot

angel_luv
07-16-2005, 09:54 PM
wasn't doing anything.. will try using the link. Thanks Johnny!

angel_luv
07-16-2005, 09:59 PM
do I open it or save it to the computer? the file I mean.

angel_luv
07-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Thanks... I have had my computer hacked before... made me very paranoid

E20
07-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Download all the windows updates and there is no need for Spyware removal programs. I don't need any. Also, just reformat your computer.

hendrix
07-17-2005, 12:15 PM
You need a firewall and close those damn windows ports.

mouse
07-17-2005, 03:12 PM
If Norton and others can't remove it then you might have to remove it before you start windows. Some trojans can't be removed while windows is running.

In the last 3 weeks I have worked on 5 pc's all with the same type problems,
I think I will put an ad in the paper, to remove spyware or fush Pc's for 25 bucks a pop.

There is big money in anti spy ware removal and most of the companies that remove them are the ones who are making them to start with :lmao

angel_luv
07-17-2005, 03:35 PM
if my problem persists, I might enlist your help mouse, if that is okay...

mouse
07-17-2005, 04:08 PM
It would take 2 hours and and at least a 12 pack for me to go through your system and locate all that Spivus, That is my version of Spam+Virus, Right now all I have time for is Flushing,

Burn all your programs, music, pictures, browsers favorites, and your favorite posts you copy from your favorite websites on to CD ROM. If you can go into your system Info and copy some of the hardware info it could save me time when I am installing the drivers,

I use ME in my pc for many Virus reasons , but I can Install XP if that's what you want, Don't forget the Worm Blaster Virus was for XP not ME :smokin I will also install photo shop and Atari classic games, you don't need the cd to play,

I have a gateway astro I can lend you in case I take more than a day to fix, let me know if you want it done today, I can use the beer to respond to T parks long hair Hippie insult he made to me in Sequ;s "Whooooooo I have a car" topic, I really want to chew on his fat ass tonight, I have been holding back far to long,

[email protected]

angel_luv
07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks I think I'm good. But if I do need help and you come, I'll give you all the bottled water you can drink. = )

mouse
07-17-2005, 06:40 PM
You want me to break out in a Rash? :lmao

I would try a system restore go back about a week, Don't wait to long. some programs will keep your PC from booting up all together. If your still able to use windows you have a minor problem and I am not your man, I only come into play as your last resort before you call the Pc Geeks for 50 bucks an hour,

angel_luv
07-17-2005, 08:01 PM
Everything on my computer works just fine. The only problem is that the forementioned little screen that keeps popping up every hour or two. It seems to be more of a nuisance than a problem.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Everything on my computer works just fine. The only problem is that the forementioned little screen that keeps popping up every hour or two. It seems to be more of a nuisance than a problem.

Try what Mouse said. Use the System Restore feature back to a time when it wasn't giving you the error.

It won't mess with any of your saved stuff.

Zombie Terri Schiavo
07-17-2005, 11:02 PM
to bad I can't restore my life.................

mouse
07-17-2005, 11:16 PM
^ :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-17-2005, 11:19 PM
angel - that sounds like Windows Messenger related.

Here's how to kill it off....

First, go click on Start, then right click on 'My Computer.'
Select Properties
Choose the tab that says 'System Restore.'
Click on the checkbox that says 'Turn System Restore Off'.
Hit apply.

You may have to reboot.

Go to Start->Run->
Type in services.msc

Scroll down until you find 'Messenger'

Double click on it.

Where it says 'Startup type' (about midway down on the box that comes up when you double click it), change that to 'Disabled.'

Should solve your problem.

Also, a general note, all the critters you kill with anything like Spybot, Ad-aware, etc. will come back unless you disable system restore first (the first step off above).

You're also better off running both (Ad-aware and Spybot) in Safe Mode, so the little critters aren't loaded into memory like they are when you boot into Winblows.

Good luck!

mouse
07-17-2005, 11:29 PM
If you have DSL or Cable and your not surfing the www, and you want to use the pc for other things? unplugg the modem, many people forget by being hooked on the www 24/7 the sever can always reload on it's own, and it can respawn itself if it detects your trying to delete it, well at least the good ones know,

another side note....get rid of all your cookies it only helps the program reboot to bother you again

angel_luv
07-18-2005, 12:15 AM
will try that... thanks so much!

mouse
07-18-2005, 12:44 AM
why would you wait so long? folks here have to go to bed, they might want to know the status of the situation, why would you tease us if your not serious about taking our advise? Do you not think we could be somewhere else? :lmao