PDA

View Full Version : I hope Duncan demands trade to contender, wins titles and retire as top-5 all time

hitmantb
06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Every player who ever won 3 or more championships as the #1 star, no one ever had a weaker supporting cast.

Every player who ever won 3 or more championships as the #1 star, no one ever had a smaller market.

Duncan at age 37 was 28 seconds away from finals MVP, only Kareem had more longevity as he was able to win finals MVP at 38, but he had a loaded roster around him. Individually, with the possible exception of 2003 season, Duncan never stroke me as a dominant player on the level of prime Shaq/MJ. But the leadership, work ethic, chemistry he brings to a team is more than any player I have ever seen. The 2013 Spurs team, had they won title would have been the weakest title team since I don't know when. The 2007 Spurs team would have wiped the floor with it.

Parker is a mediocre defender and easily shut down by bigger defenders (backdoor sweep in 04 vs LA, backdoor sweep in 12 vs Thunder, game 3-7 vs Miami), he is a star produced by the Spurs system both on offense/defense. Ginobili is a great spark off the bench and can probably get decent stats on bad teams, but he was always a high risk high reward player that benefited from Duncan drawing double teams. Now Duncan is no longer the same threat and Manu's body can't keep up with his mind, he becomes high risk low reward. Neither one of them is anywhere near a side kick like Scottie Pippen to MJ, Kobe Bryant to Shaq, Dwayne Wade to Lebron.

Popovich for all the heat he took in game 6, is still a truly amazing coach. Phil Jackson would never, ever be able to work this year's Spurs roster deep into the finals. Popovich is stubborn, but it is also his stubbornness that got the Spurs as far as it did. He honestly has a terrible deck of cards compared to Phil/Spo. Still, what Duncan did here in San Antonio with the trio of GDP was the equivalent of titles won by Hakeem in 94, Wade in 06 and Dirk in 11, except he did it FOUR times!

As much as the 28 seconds hurt, it was luck for Spurs to be there in the first place. Miracle comeback vs Golden State in game 1, injuries to Lakers/Thunder (they may not beat Spurs but they would have spent way more energy to keep up and run out of gas against the Heat a lot sooner), Green's lucky streak that inevitably had to end and Parker's miracle 3 pointer with a minute left in game 6. A lot of things went right and the Spurs simply ran out of luck at the very end.

It was fate for Lebron to get his second title. God wanted him to win and have a chance to be better than MJ, Allen's shot was blessed and it saved Lebron's career and Heat's big three. No one will remember "The Decision" once they three-peat. It was easy for MJ/Magic to talk loyalty, had they been drafted to Cleveland, small market without anywhere near the front office of Spurs, they would have done the same thing.

That is why I strongly feel Spurs should trade Duncan to a Thunder or Heat so he can get his 5th ring and the Spurs can start rebuilding, it is a win-win situation for everyone. He clearly wanted the title more than anyone else on this team did and deserves better.

I know it won't happen, but as a Duncan fan, I can only wish.

spurraider21
06-26-2013, 08:48 PM
i hope he plays for a contender too. lets send him to one of the teams that made the finals a few weeks ago

Sausage
06-26-2013, 08:49 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im_CKn9PPI8/T0dtSJ0lUFI/AAAAAAAAAzY/0vIyQ9SYpt4/s1600/abe-simpson-gif.gif

Lerojo
06-26-2013, 08:52 PM
I can't wait for the season to start so threads like this are less frequent.

weebo
06-26-2013, 08:58 PM
The bitching and whining is at an all time high...
People need to get a grip and get a life. It's just basketball. The Spurs will do whatever they can to try and reach the Finals again and god willing win.

TimmyDuncan21
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Lol hes already a top 5 player.....what more can he do?

Gospursel
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
All of these Tim Duncan "fans" who think the spurs have screwed him out of a title don't understand something. Tim Duncan IS the spurs. What the spurs are (pop included) is consistent with the character and person of Tim Duncan. He doesn't want to leave the spurs, he doesn't want a title anywhere else. What you want for him he doesn't want for himself. To be a fan of Duncan, recognize that he is the spurs - you can't separate the two. You insult the spurs and pop, you insult duncan.

SouthTexasRancher
06-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Yes, by all means we need to put a package deal together where we send both Tim and Tony to Miami for the Heat's draft pick this Thursday so both can win another ring for the 2013-2014 season. Let us stipulate in the trade that it is imperative that Miami then trades Tim to the Lakers the following season and that the Buss family hires Phyliss Jackass as the Lakers coach again so Tim can get ring #6. In my wildest dreams I cannot figure out why there are so many dumbasses living on planet Earth that come up with crap like this thread. And how in hell does one start such a stupid thread with their first post? :nope

Little Dudette, you seriously need to get a life! Sheeeeeeeeeeshhh...!

Marrow
06-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Duncan will get his 5th and it will be with the spurs

Source: Crystal Ball

Two10Whitey
06-26-2013, 09:28 PM
I hope people quit making ridiculous threads like this one.

AchillesHeel
06-26-2013, 09:29 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hLfnzV9Oe1Q/UcqHb9DhuMI/AAAAAAAAEbg/1sbA-CDLqsI/s400/Stooges%2520gif.gif

Sa_Spursfan20
06-26-2013, 09:35 PM
5 star thread, will recommend to friends and family.

007nites
06-26-2013, 09:37 PM
If Duncan left for another team I would probably give up on basketball tbh

weeks
06-26-2013, 09:51 PM
there were only two title contenders and he played for one of them
i think he'll be okay

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2013, 10:14 PM
All of these Tim Duncan "fans" who think the spurs have screwed him out of a title don't understand something. Tim Duncan IS the spurs. What the spurs are (pop included) is consistent with the character and person of Tim Duncan. He doesn't want to leave the spurs, he doesn't want a title anywhere else. What you want for him he doesn't want for himself. To be a fan of Duncan, recognize that he is the spurs - you can't separate the two. You insult the spurs and pop, you insult duncan.
If Duncan left for another team I would probably give up on basketball tbh

there were only two title contenders and he played for one of them
i think he'll be okayAll of you guys have valid points. Tim Duncan has been my favorite player since 1999. Pop, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili would not have the successful careers that they've had if it were not for Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is the main reason why Pop, TP, and Manu are future Hall of Famers. Most of the Spurs championships have revolved around Tim Duncan.

Although the OP has some valid points about Pop and TP, I would be heartbroken if Timmy ever plays for another team, I don't care how old he is. Good thing is that that will never happen. Duncan is too classy. He refused to blame Pop in the postgame conference after Game 6. Duncan took the blame after the Game 7 loss when he could have easily pointed fingers at Pop and Manu for costing him his 5th ring on Game 6.

Tim Duncan is an all-time classy player and what makes Game 6 so painful is that had the Spurs won the championship, Tim Duncan would have probably gotten the NBA Finals MVP. Perhaps Tim Duncan's classiness is the reason why he has won four championships.

hooperflash
06-26-2013, 11:04 PM
*farts*

Sean Cagney
06-26-2013, 11:40 PM
I hope people quit making ridiculous threads like this one.

I agree, this would go against anything that makes alot respect Tim too and who he is! He is respected for staying with a team, him doing some childish crap like that would make me and alot think alot less of him and what we like about him! He is loyalty!

DesignatedT
06-26-2013, 11:53 PM
We just lost in game 7 of the NBA finals. I think that warrants the title "contender"

therealtruth
06-27-2013, 04:37 AM
What's with the hate on PJ? He could have actually won it because he wouldn't have made braindead decisions as Pop did.

Anyway I think the cruelest thing about the whole game 6 is Pop didn't allow TD to write his own legacy and come up with the defensive play of his career. Who's knows maybe he's able to get the block/rebound of his career on one of those defensive stands. We'll never know because Pop put his trophy in the hands of the guys who couldn't hit a free throw or grab a rebound.

Luxic
06-27-2013, 05:07 AM
May I ask you a question? If, as you said, God wanted LeBron to win, then why do you even bother watching sports? I mean, you're free to believe in God's existence and his ability/concern to influence sporting events; I'm not questioning that. But if you do, then you shouldn't feel the need to support anyone. Because, unless you're lucky enough to be rooting for the eventual winners, then you're basically rooting against God...

milkyway21
06-27-2013, 06:00 AM
I would probably cringe seeing Duncan wearing other NBA team's jersey :rolleyes

His loyalty to San Antonio might be one reason he'd never go elsewhere. He'll retire a Spur just like Robinson. Plus his last contract stipulates 'no trade clause' so that's not possible.

He's untouchable.

hsxvvd
06-27-2013, 06:09 AM
1 post too many.

Captivus
06-27-2013, 07:45 AM
i hope he plays for a contender too. lets send him to one of the teams that made the finals a few weeks ago

http://cdn02.androidauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Not-Bad-Obama-Meme2.jpg

dallasmaverickslose
06-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Stupid thread

George Gervin's Afro
06-27-2013, 08:25 AM
I demand we trade you for a bag of peanuts

06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-im_CKn9PPI8/T0dtSJ0lUFI/AAAAAAAAAzY/0vIyQ9SYpt4/s1600/abe-simpson-gif.gif

06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
1 post too many.

06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
We're more of a finals contender than the other 28 teams that didn't make the finals a couple weeks ago. And as much of a contender as the Heat. It's not like they blew us out.

And the

Green's lucky streak that inevitably had to end and Parker's miracle 3 pointer with a minute left in game 6. aren't lucky or a miracle, they went in because Green was left wide open, and Tony got enough space to get off a good release.

Tim_5rings
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM

+1:toast
None of that (that's poll is stupid and no trade bullshit)
Especially not like Pat Ewing as the Knicks moved to Seattle in his last season
That would be even insulting I think

I requote Gospursel:
Tim Duncan IS the Spurs

Knoxxx
06-27-2013, 08:52 AM
Every player who ever won 3 or more championships as the #1 star, no one ever had a weaker supporting cast.

Every player who ever won 3 or more championships as the #1 star, no one ever had a smaller market.

Duncan at age 37 was 28 seconds away from finals MVP, only Kareem had more longevity as he was able to win finals MVP at 38, but he had a loaded roster around him. Individually, with the possible exception of 2003 season, Duncan never stroke me as a dominant player on the level of prime Shaq/MJ. But the leadership, work ethic, chemistry he brings to a team is more than any player I have ever seen. The 2013 Spurs team, had they won title would have been the weakest title team since I don't know when. The 2007 Spurs team would have wiped the floor with it.

Parker is a mediocre defender and easily shut down by bigger defenders (backdoor sweep in 04 vs LA, backdoor sweep in 12 vs Thunder, game 3-7 vs Miami), he is a star produced by the Spurs system both on offense/defense. Ginobili is a great spark off the bench and can probably get decent stats on bad teams, but he was always a high risk high reward player that benefited from Duncan drawing double teams. Now Duncan is no longer the same threat and Manu's body can't keep up with his mind, he becomes high risk low reward. Neither one of them is anywhere near a side kick like Scottie Pippen to MJ, Kobe Bryant to Shaq, Dwayne Wade to Lebron.

Popovich for all the heat he took in game 6, is still a truly amazing coach. Phil Jackson would never, ever be able to work this year's Spurs roster deep into the finals. Popovich is stubborn, but it is also his stubbornness that got the Spurs as far as it did. He honestly has a terrible deck of cards compared to Phil/Spo. Still, what Duncan did here in San Antonio with the trio of GDP was the equivalent of titles won by Hakeem in 94, Wade in 06 and Dirk in 11, except he did it FOUR times!

As much as the 28 seconds hurt, it was luck for Spurs to be there in the first place. Miracle comeback vs Golden State in game 1, injuries to Lakers/Thunder (they may not beat Spurs but they would have spent way more energy to keep up and run out of gas against the Heat a lot sooner), Green's lucky streak that inevitably had to end and Parker's miracle 3 pointer with a minute left in game 6. A lot of things went right and the Spurs simply ran out of luck at the very end.

It was fate for Lebron to get his second title. God wanted him to win and have a chance to be better than MJ, Allen's shot was blessed and it saved Lebron's career and Heat's big three. No one will remember "The Decision" once they three-peat. It was easy for MJ/Magic to talk loyalty, had they been drafted to Cleveland, small market without anywhere near the front office of Spurs, they would have done the same thing.

That is why I strongly feel Spurs should trade Duncan to a Thunder or Heat so he can get his 5th ring and the Spurs can start rebuilding, it is a win-win situation for everyone. He clearly wanted the title more than anyone else on this team did and deserves better.

I know it won't happen, but as a Duncan fan, I can only wish.

Are you retarded?