PDA

View Full Version : How much of an upgrade is Carl Landry over Splitter realistically?

ThaBigFundamental21
06-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Landry opted out of his 2 year deal with the Warriors tonight, as expected. Do you view him as a legitimate upgrade over Splitter? He is an inch or 2 shorter, isn't a great rebounder, or defender. Is a better post player, I haven't crunched the numbers, but it appears he and Splitter would have similar numbers over 35. Landry at one point looked like a very good/promising NBA player, but somewhere along the lines he got lost in the shuffle. Landry is obviously going to be a good amount cheaper than Iggy or Jefferson. What do you guys think, is he worth a shot, yay or nay?

DPG21920
06-26-2013, 11:25 PM
0 upgrade.

LakerHater
upgrade over Blair!

unforeseen
No more undersized players.

ElNono
06-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Landry opting out means Warriors might resign Jack... not a big fan of Landry, tbh

unforeseen
06-26-2013, 11:27 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b398/heat_fusion/funny-gifs-diving-fail.gif

BatManu20
06-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Would much rather spend out money elsewhere.

TheGoldStandard
06-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Not an option.. Nope, nope..

Bruno
06-26-2013, 11:30 PM
It isn't Landry or Splitter.

If Spurs goes after Landry, they will keep Splitter too.

MeloHype
06-26-2013, 11:31 PM
He sucks, i don't wanna see that bum flexing everytime he makes a basket

Chinook
06-26-2013, 11:33 PM
He'd be a good bench big, or even a starter if the team feels Splitter should go back to the bench. He can score in a variety of ways, which can really help the second unit. I'd take him for the MLE over Millsap for what he's going to get any day.

Chinook
06-26-2013, 11:34 PM
It isn't Landry or Splitter.

If Spurs goes after Landry, they will keep Splitter too.

Yep. Landry shouldn't get more than the MLE. That's a very reasonable price for a third or fourth big one a team like the Spurs who likes to rest their starters a lot.

spurraider21
06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Splitter > Landry > Blair

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2013, 12:11 AM
No more undersized players.This.

chapnis
06-27-2013, 12:17 AM
He isnt

jgome21
06-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Landry would be an upgrade offensively, but the defensive adv and rebounding goes to Splitter. I'd look to resign Splitter first. It be nice if we were able to sign both of em'. Landry's scoring can help out the 2nd unit.

Rogue
06-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Landry has no size. dude's a nice gear in a run-and-gun system but his talent would be wasted to some extend on a team that plays half-court offense 6 days of a week, plus his defensive is below average. I'd take Blair over Landry anyday, Blair is also a bit undersized but his strength will make up for it imho. Blair can do anything Landry is capable of, and some other things he's not capable of (like busting some soft bigs)

Gagnrath
06-27-2013, 05:55 AM
Rogue Blair has no knees, thats a big part of why he went from a regular rotation guy a over the last 2 years to being a seldom used guy off the bench. You can't really consider keeping and playing a guy who is only able to move one game in 4.

Mal
06-27-2013, 06:23 AM
I`d prefer Maxiell over him. Cheaper option for undersize big of the bench is always better option.

Russ
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Splitter is hugely underrated here.

cd98
06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Landry would be an upgrade offensively, but the defensive adv and rebounding goes to Splitter. I'd look to resign Splitter first. It be nice if we were able to sign both of em'. Landry's scoring can help out the 2nd unit.

Maybe defensively Splitter is better because Landry is undersized. But Splitter is an atrocious rebounder. I'd bet Landry is better.

cd98
06-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Landry has no size. dude's a nice gear in a run-and-gun system but his talent would be wasted to some extend on a team that plays half-court offense 6 days of a week, plus his defensive is below average. I'd take Blair over Landry anyday, Blair is also a bit undersized but his strength will make up for it imho. Blair can do anything Landry is capable of, and some other things he's not capable of (like busting some soft bigs)

Landry is way, way better than Blair, both offensively and defensively.

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2013, 10:07 AM

No doubt!! He's got great BBIQ. We've all seen it, well then again.....

Chinook
06-27-2013, 11:19 AM

No. Blair has little range (his jump shot disappears outside of garbage time) and little inside game besides some admittedly nifty finishes. Landry has a legitimate inside and outside game, and he can get his own shot. They're about equal rebounding the ball, although Blair is probably a better passer. Landry is taller than Blair, which negates much of Blair's girth (which he'll have to diminish just to extend his career). Dejuan is a fine end-of-bench big on a cheap deal, but for equal money, Landry is the better player.

benefactor
06-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Spur fan is still in blindly emotional, scorned ex-girlfriend mode. They can't even remember any of the playoffs or the season. All they can do is watch Game 6 on the DVR over and over while wiping away tears with their free Game 5 t-shirt.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe defensively Splitter is better because Landry is undersized. But Splitter is an atrocious rebounder. I'd bet Landry is better.

Agreed here. Splitter can't rebound. For what it's worth, Landry is 2 legitimate inches bigger than Blair. Maybe 3, and is way way better than Blair. Blair is gone though. He isn't coming back. My question is Landry or Splitter? At the same time, if Landry really will be as cheap as you all say, why not have them both? If no other big man is in our price range.

Mr Bones
06-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Splitter and Landry both averaged exactly 12.4 rebounds per 48 minutes: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avg48Rebounds/seasontype/2

Mr Bones
06-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Splitter and Landry both rebound at a slightly better rate than Blake Griffin.... but someone like Blake does it more dramatically and so people see it more on Sports Center. All three are pretty average for their positions... not terrible, not great.

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Al Jefferson and LaMarcus Aldridge are not gonna happen unfortunately..So let's re-sign Splitter and sign Landry Fuck it!!! Lets roll with this!!!:flag: