PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons....

200 miles
06-27-2013, 08:28 PM
:lmao

It's just that...:lmao:lmao

Oh how I lament for the days when the draft was on TNT and not on Miami HeaSPN.

The unbearable agony of listening to this sniveling weasel's voice has nauseated me to no end. I rather listen to Magic Johnson and his thoughts.

It's almost as if Jay Bilas and Jalen Rose's comments are disregarded just for Rece to ask that pedobear a disproportionate amount of questions.

And Battier...ugh. Are Mike Tirico's legs broken?

tmtcsc
06-27-2013, 08:34 PM
He's brutal. Jalen Rose is no better. Both those Jackasses were talking about Westbrooke's injury being the reason the Spurs were in the Finals and not the Thunder.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-27-2013, 08:35 PM
He's brutal. Jalen Rose is no better. Both those Jackasses were talking about Westbrooke's injury being the reason the Spurs were in the Finals and not the Thunder.

I enjoy bill Simmons... Cannot stand jalen rose

davidbowie
06-27-2013, 08:43 PM
yeah i hate this guy

wish skip and stephen A were hosting

Amuseddaysleeper
06-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Did bill say anything about the Spurs?

davidbowie
06-27-2013, 09:35 PM
"san antonio, they have great fans"

aww

AASATX
06-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Did bill say anything about the Spurs?
Yeah he did actually, for once it wasn't too bad. Went on about how San Antonio Celebrated after game 3 of the Finals, and how SA has some great fans. It honestly came off sincere.

Knoxxx
06-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Bill is bad but Rose has the worst commentator voice I've ever heard, all nasally and shit and hates the Spurs on top of that. I don't care for Van Gundy either, too whiny and hit and miss on his comments. Sometimes he right on target, sometimes he way off and/or being a whiny bitch.

DMX7
06-27-2013, 10:34 PM
He is insufferable.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
LOL his comments about Muscala and Spurs.

T Park
06-27-2013, 10:35 PM
I thought he and Bilas were fantastic. Jalen Rose ruined it.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-27-2013, 10:38 PM
LOL his comments about Muscala and Spurs.

That was hilarious. But with Atl actually take him, I doubt that happens. I wouldn't be surprise if the guy is the next 2nd round David Lee.

InRareForm
06-27-2013, 10:39 PM
bill wanted to cry after the celtics trade news

hoopdreams11
06-27-2013, 11:03 PM
Doc rivers indirectly called him an idiot

Sean Cagney
06-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Doc rivers indirectly called him an idiot
LOL..........

SenorSpur
06-27-2013, 11:05 PM
Jalen Rose always ruins it.

baseline bum
06-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I thought Simmons was awesome, since he gave real opinions instead of just kissing up to the guys picked. Jalen Rose is awful; no idea what ESPN is thinking, paying that guy for his ignorance.

marinoman
06-27-2013, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uXPsZnS8CT8

credit to lefty for posting it

timvp
06-27-2013, 11:27 PM
I usually don't like Simmons on camera but I thought he was GREAT during the draft. Really, really good.

Sean Cagney
06-27-2013, 11:28 PM
LOL BILL IS BITTER TONIGHT! He said it started this week with Boston Bruins and then it just goes on through tonight, he is realllyyyy reallllly bitter tonight. He was good tonight though, enjoyed him on there.

AASATX
06-27-2013, 11:35 PM
LOL BILL IS BITTER TONIGHT! He said it started this week with Boston Bruins and then it just goes on through tonight, he is realllyyyy reallllly bitter tonight. He was good tonight though, enjoyed him on there.

Agree, Was crazy seeing his reaction as the news broke about the Celtics/Nets trade.

Sean Cagney
06-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Agree, Was crazy seeing his reaction as the news broke about the Celtics/Nets trade.

Him bashing Rivers though there, classic when he said get your story straight then we will believe you. He spoke his mind.

davidbowie
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
bill is great.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-27-2013, 11:40 PM
Bill is honest, not always right, but he calls it as he sees it. I'm not a fan of him doing soundbite TV, but when he has time to flesh out his ideas (like podcasts, his writing), he's superb.

I can understand why people don't like Jalen because he basically can't express himself, but actually I think he's quite interesting on the BS Report podcasts because he talks about things from the inside. Bill, Jalen Rose and Mike Tyson for eg, was a FASCINATING podcast - look it up. Jalen's flagrant misuse of the English language, particularly his misunderstanding of common phrases, and his constantly awful mixed metaphors, does grate on me though...

DOS CHAINZ
06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
I like Bill Simmons. I know he tweeted that ESPN edited his comment of "WADE must have went to Germany before gm 4" or something like that.

Udokafan05
06-28-2013, 12:27 AM
His Kahn comments were great

SA210
06-28-2013, 12:29 AM

:lol Now that's great LIVE TV

TheGoldStandard
06-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Bill was very bitter tonight but I see where he's coming from, Kind of like if Pop just upped and quit on the Spurs. It would never happen but the writing was on the wall, Doc wants to coach winners.

Kool Bob Love
06-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Bill Simmons is a Clippers season ticket holder too.:lol

timtonymanu
06-28-2013, 12:37 AM
Never understood the Simmons hate and why Spur fan takes him so seriously.

bigdog
06-28-2013, 01:01 AM
I actually really like Bill Simmons. Jalen Rose is HORRIBLE. He's the most annoying, right next to Magic Johnson.

thunderup
06-28-2013, 01:04 AM
Bill Simmons is normally a metrosexual makeup wearing weasel. Today he dropped truth bombs, the types of comments that you hear off the set. He was alright tonight.

TheGoldStandard
06-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Bill Simmons is normally a metrosexual makeup wearing weasel. Today he dropped truth bombs, the types of comments that you hear off the set. He was alright tonight.

He was a fan tonight.. and said the things that we all think when crap like this happens.

chapnis
06-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Bill Simmons is a top 3 analyst. Fuck the haters.

Sean Cagney
06-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Bill Simmons is a top 3 analyst. Fuck the haters.

He dumbed it down a times this year on that bspn network! BUT........ He is good, very good when he is on.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Never understood the Simmons hate and why Spur fan takes him so seriously.The reason some Spurs fans hate Bill Simmons, well at least in my case, is because he seems so hostile towards the Spurs when he's on TV. Bill Simmons acts like another annoying talking head that works for DisneySPN. For example, he was implying during the draft that the Spurs only advanced to the NBA Finals because Russell Westbrook was injured and then Jalen Rose add the cherry on top by saying "I still think the Thunder would have won without Harden."

Off the camera he seems like a cool guy. When he's on his podcasts or writes articles, he says stuff that he normally wouldn't express on TV. I used to be a fan of Bill Simmons but I think that working on TV for DisneySPN has sort of tainted his good reputation.

BatManu20
06-28-2013, 02:09 AM

Jeremiah Rivers got in on it too.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/doc-rivers-bill-simmons-espn/

baseline bum
06-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Jeremiah Rivers got in on it too.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/doc-rivers-bill-simmons-espn/

:rollin What a puss

MeloHype
06-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Dude went in, stretched it out(no homo)

barakz21
06-28-2013, 06:36 AM
I just find it hilarious, when during any discussion Bill Simmons would always bring up the Celtics' bloopers. Especially when they were talking about something else and then he'd just bring it up. :lol

urunobili
06-28-2013, 08:22 AM
I usually don't like Bill Simmons on TV but when I do, it's in Draft Day

Spurs9
06-28-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't mind him at all tbh

eDizzle20
06-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Simmons' beloved Celtics are gonna so awful next year. You can see the frustration on his face.

Agloco
06-28-2013, 09:45 AM

lol.....the host is quite uncomfortable with pursuing that line of questioning.

Gervin44Silas13
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Even with the all draft picks he always had something negative to say.....he shits the bed as a ANAList

Kidd K
06-28-2013, 12:55 PM

Jalen Rose's dumb fuck ass doesn't seem to remember Parker almost always shits on and contains Westbrook while Harden was the guy who put the Thunder over last season.

Apparently they don't remember Harden got traded. :lmao

Spurs would've destroyed the Thunder in 5 or 6. They were almost 100% healthy in the WCF this year and Parker was shitting on their All NBA 2nd Defensive team PG Mike Conley AND Tony Allen, their All NBA 1st team defender, AND scoring in the paint on their DPOY Marc Gasol. The fuck was Westbrick and the Thunder gonna do? Besides do even worse.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Doc did quit on the team. He didn't want to deal with the rebuilding process. That is why he will never compare to someone like Jerry Sloan or George Karl. Those guys stayed with their teams through thick and thin and developed their players and team.

That didn't happen, yes it did moron. Look in the mirror once in awhile.

Bill_Brasky
06-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Rivers son is so butthurt :lol

ducks
06-28-2013, 01:40 PM
simmons owned doc
doc quite on the team he wanted out of boston and he refuses to coach young players and does not want to teach them anything
he is a a lazy s.o.b
he will have to teach blake to take over the game can he do it know
clippers are not going to win a title

elmanutres
06-28-2013, 01:45 PM
jalen is funny on grantland, but he's bad on espn.

LarryDavid
06-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Bill Simmons acts like another annoying talking head that works for DisneySPN.

Ummm....that's what he is.

And I thought he was great last night. I'm a fan of Simmons, though I admit his work on ESPN pregame this season was bad. Maybe that had more to do with the dynamic of the show. Wilbon, Jalen, Simmons, and HIV did not work well together.

jstep13
06-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Doc just did what Phil did not once, not twice but three times. Yet Phil gets a pass and Doc doesn't. Fuck Bill Simmons.

Darkwaters
06-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I generally thought Bill Simmons nailed it last night. Not sure why everyone is complaining.

Jalen Rose, as per par, was the weak link. Hes just downright moronic.

RD2191
06-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Shit was awkward as hell on live tv.

timtonymanu
06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
The reason some Spurs fans hate Bill Simmons, well at least in my case, is because he seems so hostile towards the Spurs when he's on TV. Bill Simmons acts like another annoying talking head that works for DisneySPN. For example, he was implying during the draft that the Spurs only advanced to the NBA Finals because Russell Westbrook was injured and then Jalen Rose add the cherry on top by saying "I still think the Thunder would have won without Harden."

Off the camera he seems like a cool guy. When he's on his podcasts or writes articles, he says stuff that he normally wouldn't express on TV. I used to be a fan of Bill Simmons but I think that working on TV for DisneySPN has sort of tainted his good reputation.

So basically you guys take him too seriously.

timtonymanu
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
I take comments Simmons says about the Spurs with a grain of salt. Compared to the other ESPN idiots (Rose, Magic, Skip), Simmons is respectable.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Tbh they need to dump Jalen and Magic. They bring nothing to the table. Bring on some ex-players with brains that have done well in broadcasting, like Wally Szczerbiak.

ducks
06-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Doc just did what Phil did not once, not twice but three times. Yet Phil gets a pass and Doc doesn't. Fuck Bill Simmons.

so if phil does it is ok???????

SpurPadre
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
I also liked that Simmons was the only one on ESPN besides Bowen who came out and said we lost the title more than the Heat won it. Last night, he emphasized how close we were and how our title window is still not shut since we also have money to spend in the offseason.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Tbh they need to dump Jalen and Magic. They bring nothing to the table. Bring on some ex-players with brains that have done well in broadcasting, like Wally Szczerbiak.Any basketball analyst that is hired by DisneySPN will be given orders to talk good about the Lakers and Heat. They are told to market the superstar players like Lebron, Durant, and Kobe.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2013, 02:56 PM
I also liked that Simmons was the only one on ESPN besides Bowen who came out and said we lost the title more than the Heat won it. Last night, he emphasized how close we were and how our title window is still not shut since we also have money to spend in the offseason.I'm telling you I like Bill Simmons but some of the random sh*t he says on TV is annoying at times. He is bipolar when he's on TV. Off TV he's a cool dude.

SpurPadre
06-28-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm telling you I like Bill Simmons but some of the random sh*t he says on TV is annoying at times. He is bipolar when he's on TV. Off TV he's a cool dude.

I know what you mean but we gotta remember, he's still an ESPN guy and he can't completely deviate from their big market, Heat propaganda, unfortunately.

ThaBigFundamental21
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Not a fan of Simmons. He is phony. Puts on a good face, but at the end of the day he is just another ESPN henchman. He loves the large market penis. He is a pretty talented writer though. Compare him to Adande and he is a saint. But at the end of the day his allegiance is with the big market boys.BTW according to him weren't we supposed to lose every series we played in outside of the Lakers??? But then he writes how great a brand of basketball we play....

Russ
06-28-2013, 07:12 PM
He's a myopic Boston fan but he looks down on Spurs fans because he deems them to be myopic.

Indicating either a lack of self awareness or hypocrisy. Neither is good.

Combine that with the fact that he looks like an annoying five year old begging to keep his lunch money from a bully, and . . .