PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Shread Albums of All Time

Spursdaone
07-16-2005, 10:50 PM
What are some of your favorite shred albums of all time? This can go from neoclassical fusion, jazz fusion, fast blues shred, and metal shred.

mavsfan1000
07-17-2005, 01:57 AM
I like Eric Johnson "Via ah Musicom" even though that is not quite shread.
Other gread shread CD's are
Steve Vai "Passions and Warfare"
Joe Satriani "Surfin with the Alien"
Yngwie Malmsteen "Rising Force"
"Ozzy Osbourne" "Blizzard of Ozz" (with Randy Rhoads)

ZStomp
07-17-2005, 02:04 AM

Who else other than Randy Rhoads would it be with??

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2005, 02:16 AM
I like Eric Johnson "Via ah Musicom" even though that is not quite shread.
Other gread shread CD's are
Steve Vai "Passions and Warfare"
Joe Satriani "Surfin with the Alien"
Yngwie Malmsteen "Rising Force"

fuck yeah man

fuck yeah

such an amazing album. the title track is one of the sickest and craziest things i've ever heard done on a guitar. simply amazing.

they should change the name of the whammy bar to the satch bar

Spursdaone
07-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Racer X Superheroes and Second Heat are my favorite shred albums. Paul Gilbert is sick as can be on these albums. He is much better than Yngwie in my opinion. Not as repetitive.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2005, 06:47 PM
ok i agreed with joe satch surfing with the alien but i dont think thats a shread album

if you want SHREDDING

then i would say listen to

SLAYER - Show NO Mercy
and
SLAYER - Reign in Blood

if you listen to the guitar solo in "DIE BY THE SWORD" then you will realize the true power of the shred.

Spursdaone
07-17-2005, 07:01 PM
You are missing some of the classic shred albums. Slayer is good but they only know how to play fast but play almost random notes that don't do much for me. Some of the 80's shred could also play slow with wicked vibrato, sweeping arpeggios, and different types of scales rather than random notes that don't fit.
Al Dimeola is not metal but he shreds like crazy.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
You are missing some of the classic shred albums. Slayer is good but they only know how to play fast but play almost random notes that don't do much for me. Some of the 80's shred could also play slow with wicked vibrato, sweeping arpeggios, and different types of scales rather than random notes that don't fit.
Al Dimeola is not metal but he shreds like crazy.

well duh, shredding is all about playing fast....

they don't play random notes

i dont think its possible to shred slow
you must be thinking of something else

Spursdaone
07-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Slayer is shredding but I was talking about the greatest shredders and Slayer doesn't know how to play slow and that adds alot to great solos. Not just play fast all the time. A great formula for shredding that sounds great is starting the solo slow and heavy vibrato and hit wicked notes to a climax and than shred using interesting scales like Harmonic minor scale and different arpeggios. Slayer doesn't use any of that. They can play fast but that is about it.

Zombie
07-17-2005, 07:46 PM
ANYTHING Dimebag played! :hat

Spursdaone
07-20-2005, 09:02 PM
ANYTHING Dimebag played! :hat
Yeah. He is the best heavy metal shredder.

duncan_21
07-20-2005, 09:11 PM
I thought you were talking about shredding, you know put into a shredder because the cd sucks. My vote was going to be steven seagals new cd that's due out this fall. I haven't listened to it but I can say with certainty that it will suck.

Spursdaone
07-20-2005, 09:16 PM
It's about the best of the guitar players with speed.

T Park
07-21-2005, 12:38 AM