PDA

View Full Version : Would the world be a better place if we were all 1 race and 1 religion?

Thebesteva
06-27-2013, 08:58 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d0b01d78ebdf81b8824e8e546d3501ac/tumblr_mgozbhtqap1qhnoxno1_500.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
06-27-2013, 09:10 PM
no

The Reckoning
06-27-2013, 10:44 PM
world will eventually be one race and no religion tbqh fwiw imo

Nbadan
06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
I don't know about 'better' but there would be less good food in the world...

Avante
06-28-2013, 12:40 AM
What always strikes me as being funny is how we try everything to not admit our obvious differences.

Rogue
06-28-2013, 12:55 AM
so you must love the Soviet Union more than the current US. As little as I like them yids and nigs, I still believe a world with diversity should be better than one with only once race and one religion, you always need minimum-wage workers to get doen the shitty jobs. Just create a living space for them and I believe the planet is large enough for us to co-exist.

thunderup
06-28-2013, 12:57 AM
No and no. You just gotta appreciate diversity and different walks of life partner.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Yes. Countries like Japan and Germany that have little to no racial and religious diversity are able to promote a collectivist culture much better than diverse countries can. There's a sense of nationalism in those countries that keeps greed and pettiness in check that doesn't exist in America.

The Reckoning
06-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Yes. Countries like Japan and Germany that have little to no racial and religious diversity are able to promote a collectivist culture much better than diverse countries can. There's a sense of nationalism in those countries that keeps greed and pettiness in check that doesn't exist in America.

lol at me taking the bait and stating the obvious but Germany is about as diverse as it gets

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-28-2013, 01:29 AM
lol at me taking the bait and stating the obvious but Germany is about as diverse as it gets

In what way? Its non-white population is roughly 10% of its total population if that, while it has basically no religious diversity.

Huey Freeman
06-28-2013, 01:34 AM
world will eventually be one race and no religion tbqh fwiw imo

No it won't

The Reckoning
06-28-2013, 01:35 AM
In what way? Its non-white population is roughly 10% of its total population if that, while it has basically no religious diversity.

there are alot of africans, asians and turkish moving there. other members of EU countries without jobs are moving to Germany because it's the strongest economically right now. catholics and lutherans have sparred for hundreds of years.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-28-2013, 01:41 AM
there are alot of africans, asians and turkish moving there.
They still make up a much smaller percent of the population than blacks, hispanics and asians do here. They're not even 10% of the population together. Also, as the number has trended upward, all that's happened in Germany is higher racial tensions and more crime. The increased racial diversity has made Germany worse.

catholics and lutherans have sparred for hundreds of years.
Does religion really play a significant role in Germany at all anymore? Seems like a pretty secular country at this point.

The Reckoning
06-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Turks make up 5% of the population alone. When i was in Germany I saw blacks and asians everywhere and they were completely assimilated with the younger generation. They were pretty cool peeps imo. Not thuggish at all. Dating each other wasn't a big deal, and they all did. Really no racism. The only animosity I saw was toward the Turks and people who didn't speak the language well.

Yeah religion still plays a large role in Germany. Especially East Germany. Bavaria is still hardcore Catholic too.

but i could be completely wrong. it might be alot different than it seems, especially in the rural areas, but what i saw the racial dynamics were nothing compared to the US. it seems like the US is the only nation where we have to add our ethnicity "African-American, Asian-American, Caucasian, etc" as a signature to everything we do. that in itself seems to say our character is directly linked to our ethnic background. the US is the only country i can think of that so actively advocates that, and i think that's what's creating alot of problems.

even in australia where i've met some racist fucks, when i fill out applications it asks if im indigenous australian or torres strait islander and that is it.

Rogue
06-28-2013, 01:54 AM
turks and immigrants from former Soviet Union. Names like Özil and Götze are turkish names, while those with suffixes such as -ski and -sky only belong to people of Russian descent imho. For sure Germany doesn't have such a level of diversity like France or the UK (because Germany had no colony overseas), but like most developed countries, Germany also has a big portion of immigrants in their population.

Japan is a good example of purity though. If you ever watched the film "lost in translation" you should know it.

The Reckoning
06-28-2013, 01:56 AM
turks and immigrants from former Soviet Union. Names like Özil and Götze are turkish names, while those with suffixes such as -ski and -sky only belong to people of Russian descent imho. For sure Germany doesn't have such a level of diversity like France or the UK (because Germany had no colony overseas), but like most developed countries, Germany also has a big portion of immigrants in their population.

Japan is a good example of purity though. If you ever watched the film "lost in translation" you should know it.

they had namibia tbh

silverblk mystix
06-28-2013, 07:13 AM
Races and religions exist only in the human mind...

the stupid sleeping human mind.

Suspect
06-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Well think about it this way, how was the native american lifestyle before Columbus and them came? How do you think the blacks lived before the whiteman came?

I think it would, religion/race causes/have caused wars.

Xevious
06-28-2013, 02:34 PM
No. That would be boring.

People will always find reasons to kill each other regardless.

.G.
06-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm sure that until the power of love overcomes the love for power, our world will be a better place.

ohmwrecker
06-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Less dumb people and no religion tbh

Leetonidas
06-28-2013, 09:13 PM
If we were all one race people would still find things to separate themselves over. If everyone was white, gingers become blacks, fats becomes gays, and brown eyed honkeys are the beaners

exstatic
06-29-2013, 05:52 PM
People always find ways to subdivide themselves. Roger Waters called it the question of Us and Them, and wrote a pretty good song about it.

If we were all one religion, people would start searching out heretics and those "not truly believing". Salems would abound.

Drachen
06-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm sure that until the power of love overcomes the love for power, our world will be a better place.

Get back, we've got huey lewis in tha house.

leemajors
06-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Well think about it this way, how was the native american lifestyle before Columbus and them came? How do you think the blacks lived before the whiteman came?

I think it would, religion/race causes/have caused wars.

Some African nations had slavery long before the white man came along.

scroteface
06-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Some African nations had slavery long before the white man came along.

it was actually fellow blacks and northern africans such as egyptians who sold the blacks into slavery in the first place

Leetonidas
06-30-2013, 03:28 PM
Roger Waters called it the question of Us and Them, and wrote a pretty good song about it. .

:tu

ShinerBlack
06-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah it would be a better place. That way we could ALL hate the same shit and not feel bad about it. Cuz quite frankly we can all be racist as a muthafuka. I would like to be able to focus my hate on one race. I think my hate-mongering would be much more effective if it wasn't spread so thin. And fuk yo religion clown. Religion is dangerous. Religion walks hand-in-hand with skin color at the core of hatred.