View Full Version : We had the title won

SpursFan4-Life
06-28-2013, 08:43 AM
couldn't hit a FT
couldn't hit grab TWO offensive boards

this will forever haunt us

Vash StampedE
06-28-2013, 08:44 AM
It's been what.... a year since that. Get over it!

Prime Time
06-28-2013, 08:46 AM
At least we're not the Lakers.

Stabula
06-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Or the Celtics

SpurSpurSpurs
06-28-2013, 09:19 AM
1st post after game 7.

GET A LIFE! MOVE ON!

McGusto55
06-28-2013, 09:22 AM
I know bro fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.........

Juggity
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
It's just sports. Shouldn't "haunt" you tbh.

Dex
06-28-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere yet. Solid observation.

Knoxxx
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
We got several defensive rebounds on the way to the 5-point lead, and Manu made 3 of 4 FTs down the stretch.

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Every Day

Agloco
06-28-2013, 09:39 AM
couldn't hit a FT

If this is truly at the forefront of your problems, I'd really love to trade lives with you.

Bill_Brasky
06-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Heartbreaking loss adds to championship pedigree.

CubanMustGo
06-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks, OP. I had never thought of that.

Russ
06-28-2013, 10:53 AM
couldn't hit a FT

Dirty little secret -- even if the Spurs hit one or both of those free throws, there's still a good chance it goes OT.

If either Manu or Kawhi hits the extra FT, and Allen hits that 3, then the Spurs have the ball and a one point lead with 5 seconds left. In other words, they have to hit both FTs just to tie if Miami hits another 3 at the buzzer.

If both Manu and Kawhi hit both FTs, and Allen hits that 3, then the Spurs have the ball and a two point lead with 5 seconds left. In other words, they have to hit both FTs just to keep Miami from tying with another 3 at the buzzer. And that would mean they went 6-6 in free throws at the end of an NBA Finals clinching game. That would be difficult.

Bottom line, the Spurs just couldn't quite get into position to put it away. The better team probably won.

hsxvvd
06-28-2013, 10:57 AM
1000 post minimum to start threads needed. This is getting ridiculous.

spurs10
06-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Is that what happened??!! Thanks for letting everyone know! Perhaps you should share this information with Sports Illustrated, the New York Times, and of course the Express and News in San Antonio.

Dex
06-28-2013, 11:11 AM
In case you hadn't noticed, we are not bitter. Not bitter at all.

wtgspurs
06-28-2013, 11:23 AM
man i moved on with my life, you should too, like someone said its just sports

spurs10
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
In case you hadn't noticed, we are not bitter. Not bitter at all.:lol Nawww!!

Darius Bieber
06-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Gonna be a long offseason.

timtonymanu
06-28-2013, 11:40 AM
:lol probably the only silver lining in the Spurs losing the title.

Meltdowns have been funny up here.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Your still whining over this? Look, it was tough. But I think everybody else is moving on and looking forward to next season.

Brunodf
06-28-2013, 11:48 AM
No shit, genius coach benched the best defender/rebounder/played super small and choose to not foul

Carnage&Mayhem
06-28-2013, 11:56 AM

a bit drastic don't cha think?

Budkin
06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Already a thread for this...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218698&page=3&p=6711253#post6711253

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 01:17 PM
This is an obvious troll thread

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Dirty little secret -- even if the Spurs hit one or both of those free throws, there's still a good chance it goes OT.

If either Manu or Kawhi hits the extra FT, and Allen hits that 3, then the Spurs have the ball and a one point lead with 5 seconds left. In other words, they have to hit both FTs just to tie if Miami hits another 3 at the buzzer.

If both Manu and Kawhi hit both FTs, and Allen hits that 3, then the Spurs have the ball and a two point lead with 5 seconds left. In other words, they have to hit both FTs just to keep Miami from tying with another 3 at the buzzer. And that would mean they went 6-6 in free throws at the end of an NBA Finals clinching game. That would be difficult.

Bottom line, the Spurs just couldn't quite get into position to put it away. The better team probably won.Three consecutive miracle three pointers? No way. Law of averages has to take over. BTW I'm not buying that BS that the better team won. They might be the most talented team but the Spurs were the better team statistically during the series.

Sean Cagney
06-28-2013, 01:26 PM
It's just sports. Shouldn't "haunt" you tbh.

I was just about to say that! HAUNT US? Speak for yourself OP, it's not your life it's sports. Everyday we see this stupid ass thread.

spursince#99
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
OP should be banned, tbh.

SA210
06-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Yup, Pop screwed up, again.

elmanutres
06-28-2013, 01:50 PM
this thread is simply a sign spurstalk is on the verge of collapse

AASATX
06-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Let it go man.. was a great season. Best one since 2007.

LakerHater
06-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Please stop remindin me!

Baseline
06-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Pop took Tim out of the game. Tim Duncan. Out. Of. The. Game. It's on Pop. End of story.

Russ
06-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Pop took Tim out of the game. Tim Duncan. Out. Of. The. Game. It's on Pop. End of story.

One could make that argument, i.e., one rebound of LeBron's clanging three with less than 10 seconds left wins the game.

The counter argument is that (1) missed three pointers (and Miami was certain to try a three) often bounce long and somewhat negate the value of having a rebounding big (Tim) under the basket and (2) Tim was not the best option to shoot free throws at the end of the game.

A tough call but, in the end, the winners write the history books.

Budkin
06-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Just the worst fucking luck at the worst fucking time.

HemisfairArena
06-28-2013, 07:35 PM

BatManu20
06-28-2013, 07:39 PM
These endless threads about it will haunt us forever tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
This is a Spurs forum. We can bitch, whine, cry about anything. All these people saying "get a life" are stupid. This is our team, and we can have as much passion as we want for the sport. Fuck, I see why people complain about San Antonio fans. A bunch of insecure bitches. You guys telling people to shut up show more whining then the people sad about the title.

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
This is a Spurs forum. We can bitch, whine, cry about anything. All these people saying "get a life" are stupid. This is our team, and we can have as much passion as we want for the sport. Fuck, I see why people complain about San Antonio fans. A bunch of insecure bitches. You guys telling people to shut up show more whining then the people sad about the title.

While I agree with you, I have to say that when people on these forums start taking personal swings at people like Pop and Manu, and THEN discount everything they've done for this team, it has to be addressed.

A good number of these posts nowadays are nothing more than hateful irrational rants.

HemisfairArena
06-28-2013, 08:37 PM
While I agree with you, I have to say that when people on these forums start taking personal swings at people like Pop and Manu, and THEN discount everything they've done for this team, it has to be addressed.

A good number of these posts nowadays are nothing more than hateful irrational rants.

Kinda like Pop and Manu lovers who get offended with posters who criticize them and bring up what they have meant to the franchise in the past and should be beyond reproach.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Kinda like Pop and Manu lovers who get offended with posters who criticize them and bring up what they have meant to the franchise in the past and should be beyond reproach.
Jw did you forget his 24 and 10 performance in game 5? Or his 18 and 5 performance in game 7? Or his 2 19 pt performances against LA? OR his game winner and 20 points against GS?

HemisfairArena
06-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Jw did you forget his 24 and 10 performance in game 5? Or his 18 and 5 performance in game 7? Or his 2 19 pt performances against LA? OR his game winner and 20 points against GS?

Or his 8 turnovers in game 6 with a title on the line....

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 08:47 PM

And here we go again...

HemisfairArena
06-28-2013, 08:48 PM
And here we go again...

Yep...the lovers vs haters.

Thebesteva
06-28-2013, 08:53 PM

http://lackthereof0.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/basketball-reaction-disappoint.gif

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Yep...the lovers vs haters.

Id much rather be a lover.

HemisfairArena
06-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Id much rather be a lover.

Depends on who your mate is.

Budkin
06-28-2013, 09:04 PM

Worst part is the turnovers didn't even matter... despite them we had the game in hand... one rebound and it's over.

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Depends on who your mate is.

My mate is the entire San Antonio Spurs organization.

therealtruth
06-28-2013, 10:41 PM
I am not sure how it's possible to choke more in that situation than Pop did. They were up 2 possessions. Pop had 3 chances and he screwed up all 3 times. We allow Lebron two tries to get a 3. I was thinking we dodged a bullet in that situation but I also knew if they somehow got the rebound and it went back to him he was not going to miss. As I predicted he hit it the second time.

Yet the Spurs still had a chance to seal the game by inbounding to their best free throw shooter. In '10 the Lakers sealed the deal by allowing Vucevic to hit the winning free throws. Are you telling me that there was no one on the Spurs who could have played the Vucevic role? The Spurs should have taken as many timeouts as necessary to make that happen. Another thing the Spurs could have done is to try to score right away while the Heat defense is scrambling or try to take as much time of the game clock. They did none of that. They inbounded to their worst free throw shooter and they allowed the Heat to foul them right away.

Then on the next play Pop makes the same mistake by keeping the best rebounder of the court. Also Pop doesn't tell Danny Green that Ray Allen is the most lethal person in that situation? If he had just Duncan on the floor Bosh probably doesn't get the rebound and DG doesn't feel the urge to help crash the boards.

Closing games is one area where Pop doesn't come close to Phil Jackson. PJ had the saying that you had to put your team in the position to be lucky and he was the recipient of it alot of times. If Pop knew hot to close games he might have a few more rings.

dallasmaverickslose
06-28-2013, 11:06 PM
I disagree with the dude who posted above me ^ and I trust Pop knew what he was doing. I love how you guys give the man ZERO credit for what he's done for this organization.

And for all the posters that are going to accuse me of not trusting in Duncan, you're overblowing the whole damn situation. First of all, I NEVER discounted Duncan's presence on the court. Do I think he could've grabbed those rebounds? Hell yes I do! Do I think he could have defended the peremeter? Hell yes I do! But if Duncan was on the floor, would the EXACT events still have occurred? Likely not. The Heat would've had a different way to make a play against the particular opposing lineup. What I'm trying to say is that you just can't assume that the exact same events happen. Maybe they both drain 3's on their first attempts. Or maybe they don't. We just don't know.

And sometimes rebounds aren't automatic, even with one of the top 5 greatest players of all time on the court. Like somebody said a while ago, 3-pt shots typically go farther out once they clang the rim, making for awkward rebound situations. There are times when the bounces just don't go your way, no matter how great of a rebounder you are. And it's not like Pop didnt have any rebounders on the floor. Kawhi for one, was out best rebounder on the team behind Timmy. And Diaw, despite what you all say about him, can rebound pretty well too.

Things just don't go your way sometimes. The game 6 loss was a case of bad luck; not coaching blunders.

And don't even get me started on Manu. The hate on him is uncalled for and overblown as well.

skulls138
06-28-2013, 11:31 PM
To the OP. Honestly it does get worse over time.

Josepatches_
06-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I can't understand how to reach the finals can be worse than first round exit for some people. Yeah, it's a shame to lose in the Finals but you can be proud of your team. In 2011 instead...

What's better? To reach the Finals 3 times in 10 years but win all them or to play 7 in 10 years even if you only win same 3 ? What should be more impressive?? It was a great year, better since 2007.

TheRemix
06-28-2013, 11:53 PM
damn it OP :depressed

Spurs_Be_Beastin'
06-29-2013, 12:01 AM
worst loss in Spurs history tbh...

lefty
06-29-2013, 12:27 AM
http://replygif.net/i/1049.gif

Slippy
06-29-2013, 12:48 AM
You know it's hard letting it go when you meet up with NBA fans who know you are a Spurs fan and tell you . "Your Spurs should of won game 6". Even now.

davi78239
06-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Should of fouled Bosh when he got the rebound. I bet he at least misses one.

therealtruth
06-29-2013, 01:04 AM
The bright side of not winning this year is maybe the front office won't stand pat like it did in '07. If they retool and shore up the weaknesses like ball movement the Spurs should be even better.

therealtruth
06-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Should of fouled Bosh when he got the rebound. I bet he at least misses one.

That's the whole point. The Spurs didn't do anything positive in that span. It's almost like they were just hoping they would win the game and the Heat would stop playing. You still have to make plays at the end of a game. Pop preaches playing for the full 48 but in this case they seemed to stop playing at 47:32.

hater
06-29-2013, 03:49 AM
cosign this OP
was a bout to start a thread tonight on this.

threads like this should be started for the next 3 - 4 years

mudyez
06-29-2013, 04:52 AM
just listening to the mike and mike podcast of 6/19 (a lot of complaining about refs decitions, pops decitions and so on, talk about the yellow rope,...)...now seeing this post is somewhat fitting. I'll rewatch game6 the next few days to make it even better.

kobyz
06-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Fuck you all people, who ever say that it's somthing we should get over is obviously not a true fan and he don't understand what big thing we missed... And how we could let it go and look for next season when it may have been Duncan last opportunity and he might can't give another season like the last... For me personally I will never be able to recover from this, it's ruin my life, it was so important to me I wanted it so much and after that we had it in our hands and I have already touch and smell the ultimate happiness it would have be bringing, nothing could compare to that all time joy that this title would have give me... Now knowing that will never be another opportunity for me for this kind of joy I have no interest in life, nothing could excite me and while before I was very easy satisfy person who enjoy every small thing in life.

TE
06-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Just rewatched game 6 - didn't even want to watch OT.

It's the shittiest feeling as a sports fan I'll ever feel tbh.

TE
06-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Wow, don't rewatch game 6 tbh... just don't...

Agloco
06-29-2013, 08:50 AM

Bottom line, the Spurs just couldn't quite get into position to put it away. The better team probably won.

Disagree with the first sentence. The Heat had already hit two high pressure threes after two missed defensive rebounds. To say that they could have hit another three, only this time with 5 seconds to work with, and call it a "good chance" is bunk. The situation as is was quite improbable to begin with.

I do agree with your statement that the better team won. In the end, Miami did what they were supposed to do.

exstatic
06-29-2013, 08:51 AM
couldn't hit a FT

Not me. I'm over it. Summer is ON. Wallow in self pity if you want. I refuse to.

Agloco
06-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Wow, don't rewatch game 6 tbh... just don't...

Concentrate on Kawahis performance during Games 6 and 7. It eases the pain quite a bit.

Agloco
06-29-2013, 09:10 AM

I'm just wondering when all of these GNSFs and NASFs are going to acknowledge that Miami had something to do with the level of play that we saw from our stars? You'd think we were playing the Charlotte Bobcats in the finals.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Fuck you all people, who ever say that it's somthing we should get over is obviously not a true fan and he don't understand what big thing we missed... And how we could let it go and look for next season when it may have been Duncan last opportunity and he might can't give another season like the last... For me personally I will never be able to recover from this, it's ruin my life, it was so important to me I wanted it so much and after that we had it in our hands and I have already touch and smell the ultimate happiness it would have be bringing, nothing could compare to that all time joy that this title would have give me... Now knowing that will never be another opportunity for me for this kind of joy I have no interest in life, nothing could excite me and while before I was very easy satisfy person who enjoy every small thing in life.

Hey! Hey b!tch! Get over it.

skulls138
06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
The bright side of not winning this year is maybe the front office won't stand pat like it did in '07. If they retool and shore up the weaknesses like ball movement the Spurs should be even better.Yeah that's the problem, ball movement. We never pass the ball.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 11:28 PM

The finals loss still bothers me every day. I haven't forgotten, and it still bums me out like crazy. But unlike you cliff divers, I saw a whole lot of good things in the finals, and it game me a hell of a lot of optimism and hope for this team's immediate and long-term future. The Duncan era is NOT over yet, and I have a real strong hunch that we will get back for another chance at this 5th title. The team rallies around and loves Timmy, and they will play with even more fire and determination this coming season.

Mark my words. This team will be back. Never forget the 2013 finals, but reflect on what a great season it was and support this team. How about some optimism for a change.

davi78239
06-30-2013, 12:26 AM
We will be back in the finals vs Miami or Chicago with home court this time. Book it.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2013, 12:31 AM
We will be back in the finals vs Miami or Chicago with home court this time. Book it.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :( Maybe, well possibly?

therealtruth
06-30-2013, 01:29 AM
Yeah that's the problem, ball movement. We never pass the ball.

Against really good defense our ball movement becomes non-existent.

kobyz
06-30-2013, 02:45 AM
The finals loss still bothers me every day. I haven't forgotten, and it still bums me out like crazy. But unlike you cliff divers, I saw a whole lot of good things in the finals, and it game me a hell of a lot of optimism and hope for this team's immediate and long-term future. The Duncan era is NOT over yet, and I have a real strong hunch that we will get back for another chance at this 5th title. The team rallies around and loves Timmy, and they will play with even more fire and determination this coming season.

Mark my words. This team will be back. Never forget the 2013 finals, but reflect on what a great season it was and support this team. How about some optimism for a change.

how you can be positive that Duncan has another year in him? that in the past year he didn't gave all he has left in him? that to make that sensational throwback season he didn't used all he had in him including the reserves and now he done? next season he enter to age 38, how much players in history lead their team and played in high level at that age, usually age 37 is your last chance...
it's one thing to be optimist, but it's other thing to be blind believer, optimist without practical points and only to look at thing in coquettish manner...

soxxx
06-30-2013, 06:23 AM
I rewatched it and it sucks, the Heat were DEAD, the Heat knew it, the commentators knew it, the fans were leaving. When Ginobli went to the line with 37.4 and hit both free throws the whole Heat team was dead. They looked hopeless. Then of course Lebron had the turnover and at that point the Heat looked absolutely done.

Unfuckingreal honestly. We went from down 86-89 to a stunning 8-0 run beforw Lebron hit the 3.....

therealtruth
06-30-2013, 07:41 AM
I rewatched it and it sucks, the Heat were DEAD, the Heat knew it, the commentators knew it, the fans were leaving. When Ginobli went to the line with 37.4 and hit both free throws the whole Heat team was dead. They looked hopeless. Then of course Lebron had the turnover and at that point the Heat looked absolutely done.

Unfuckingreal honestly. We went from down 86-89 to a stunning 8-0 run beforw Lebron hit the 3.....

We also had a 10 point lead at the start of the fourth. Instead of Pop trying to expand the lead he allowed Lebron to get going in the 4th. Like you said I don't think anyone can watch that and just think we were unlucky. We choked.