PDA

View Full Version : NO CHANGES!!!!!!

illusioNtEk
06-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Spurs should stay with the same roster....

We are the Champs in my book :flag:

SpursRock20
06-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks to the shake up in some players salaries, there will be changes. Spurs look like they are going to reach the cap.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-28-2013, 02:20 PM
They were a choke job away from the championship but there's always room for improvement. Wouldn't hurt to bring in another playmaker since Manu is on the decline.

BatManu20
06-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Lol no. Definitely need to try and bring in at least one impact FA. Manu can't be relied on anymore in the playoffs, and Duncan is another year older. WE need to take some of the burden off of him. When you have an opportunity to improve your team, you do it. And we have that opportunity this offseason.

Sean Cagney
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Lol no. Definitely need to try and bring in at least one impact FA. Manu can't be relied on anymore in the playoffs, and Duncan is another year older. WE need to take some of the burden off of him. When you have an opportunity to improve your team, you do it. And we have that opportunity this offseason.
^^^^ This. Some teams will be better as well.

spurraider21
06-28-2013, 02:38 PM
yes but we also have to account for the fact that it is unlikely (yet i won't count him out) that Timmy puts up another renaissance season. you need to compensate for decline as the big 3 adds another season under their belts. that said we don't need an overhaul, but we are in a position where we can add a piece in addition to resigning our key guys. if we can retain splitter and add a guy that can help out, it would be a great offseason

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm really surprised that everyone agrees that some changes and upgrades need to be made. I pretty much agree with everyone. Thinking Out Loud: "I wonder how long before a Popsucker or Manu fan boy comes in here trolling and say that the 'status quo, no changes needed' option is the best route to take..."

06-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh hell no. Duncan is going to be 38, Green won't have another best 3 point shooting record in NBA finals history, the Spurs won't have another NBA finals record low TO game, and the Thunder and Clippers will come back better. Spurs will get worse by standing still.

Dunc n Dave
06-28-2013, 02:57 PM
We need to get better for several reasons:
1)whether some admit it or not, our road the the Finals was an easy one that's not likely to repeat itself (injured Lakers, Warriors with Lee at 15%, poor perimeter shooting Memphis)
2)OKC MIGHT have beaten us in the Conference Finals if Westbrook hadn't gone down to injury and you can bet they will improve this off season.
3)although we had our share on injuries in the regular season, we stayed healthy for the entire playoff run. Chances of that happening again (especially with Manu, TIm, and TOny) are LOW. You can't go into next season just expecting those guys to stay healthy again. Injuries usually come more often with age.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-28-2013, 03:15 PM
2)OKC MIGHT have beaten us in the Conference Finals if Westbrook hadn't gone down to injury and you can bet they will improve this off season.

Too lazy to answer everything... You already forgot how Kawhi, Danny and Boris defended the MVP? Westbrook and Durant? LOL

Vash StampedE
06-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Blair will be gone but I'm really hoping that the Spurs get to replace him with Millsap. An additional playmaker would also be great for the team.

spurtech09
06-28-2013, 03:24 PM
adding 2 new players is enough.....

Sean Cagney
06-28-2013, 03:30 PM
adding 2 new players is enough.....

I agree, depends on the pieces though. Leonard will continue to get better! Hopefully a backup PG will develop because last year when Parker was out we got nill there alot of times. Joseph? De Colo? I hope someone steps into that role. I agree though two new pieces would be nice.

elmanutres
06-28-2013, 03:33 PM
get big al or a good big and im cool for next season

Guajalote
06-28-2013, 03:35 PM
If anything, we need to add to what we already have in place. If we add to what we have without doing anything drastic, we'll be right in the hunt again. For right now, we just need to add a few more complimentary pieces to the puzzle. If we do nothing, then nothing turns into one year, then two years, then we're in the same boat that Boston was in when they rode their big three too many years (Bird, McHale, Parish). They ended up mortgaging their future for what ended up being one championship, then in a way did it again with Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. I think that the combination of Parker and Leonard form a great nucleus to build off of for the far future. The question is, will there be enough cap space to sign someone else, especially someone who can be a presence in the middle like Timmy to be the third of the big three.

Marrow
06-28-2013, 05:31 PM
I think a couple of changes are necessary rotation wise...imo we can definitely improve on Neal through FA utilising the cash he would've demanded on his new contract

therealtruth
06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I think the biggest need is to improve our ball movement. In game 6 and 7 we averaged 13 APG. The best way to do that is for Leonard and Green to become better playmakers or to add more playmaking to the rotation. We used to rely on Ginobili but we killed us with his turnovers.

ace3g
06-28-2013, 07:18 PM
I think the biggest need is to improve our ball movement. In game 6 and 7 we averaged 13 APG. The best way to do that is for Leonard and Green to become better playmakers or to add more playmaking to the rotation. We used to rely on Ginobili but we killed us with his turnovers.

That is why I like Tyreke Evans

Spur-Addict
06-28-2013, 07:33 PM
If the front office doesn't improve the roster in FA, this will be the worst offseason ever. PERIOD.

dbestpro
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
What will get better: Baynes will provide more next year. Leonard, I think will take the next step. Joseph should be better as long as Pop just picks one backup PG. End of the turd towers.
What stays the same: Parker, Duncan, Manu (can't be any worse), Green, Diaw, Splitter (if signed) Neal (if signed)
What is worse: Nothing
Unknown: DeColo and Mills. They are both like a box of chocolate.

The only issues really are do we resign Splitter or someone else?, do we replace Neal and if so, who? and finally, who becomes the backup SF?

HemisfairArena
06-28-2013, 07:54 PM
If the front office doesn't improve the roster in FA, this will be the worst offseason ever. PERIOD.

Bingo. Also if they re-sign Manu and Splitter to overrated contracts.

AFBlue
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Spurs have the opportunity to upgrade on Splitter and Manu if they play their cards right.

illusioNtEk
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Maybe we can reason with Manu to take lower pay, but really guys we should make no changes, other then trying to make Kawhi Leonard improve his dribbling skills and able to create his shot better and create plays for him

Maybe allow Mills, Tmac and Aron Baynes more playing time.... Mills is a pure under rated scorer, we should let him and TMAC run the floor creating plays for others.

Russ
06-28-2013, 08:16 PM
This sums up my view of my Spurs to those in the outside world . . .

NO CHANGE!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHp9q3QTmVQ

Don't ever change, Spurs. :flag:

Dunc n Dave
06-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Too lazy to answer everything... You already forgot how Kawhi, Danny and Boris defended the MVP? Westbrook and Durant? LOL

LOL at thinking you can defend Kevin Durant and Westbrook the same way you defend Lebron and Wade. Try packing the paint against the Thunder and let me know how it ends up... :rolleyes

ace3g
06-29-2013, 11:45 PM
Next season will probably be addition by subtraction in terms of our roster. Certain players that have run their course will be gone which is one of the main reasons I was pissed we didn't win it all because I knew our team would be better next season just from certain players not being on the roster the following season.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Next season will probably be addition by subtraction in terms of our roster. Certain players that have run their course will be gone which is one of the main reasons I was pissed we didn't win it all because I knew our team would be better next season just from certain players not being on the roster the following season.I agree. I hope Manu retires or GTFO of San Antonio. Spurs will be better off without Manu.

SpurSpurSpurs
06-30-2013, 10:51 AM
LOL at thinking you can defend Kevin Durant and Westbrook the same way you defend Lebron and Wade. Try packing the paint against the Thunder and let me know how it ends up... :rolleyes

We can argue with this all night, but ahhh... Shall we just pray for another Spurs vs OKC series to know the answer?

james evans
06-30-2013, 11:58 AM
We need to get better for several reasons:
1)whether some admit it or not, our road the the Finals was an easy one that's not likely to repeat itself (injured Lakers, Warriors with Lee at 15%, poor perimeter shooting Memphis)
3)although we had our share on injuries in the regular season, we stayed healthy for the entire playoff run. Chances of that happening again (especially with Manu, TIm, and TOny) are LOW. You can't go into next season just expecting those guys to stay healthy again. Injuries usually come more often with age.
okc wouldn't have beat anyone. they needed harden.

dbestpro
06-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Welcome to groundhog day.

illusioNtEk
07-04-2013, 01:24 AM
So far so good, lets stay with the same squad. Both Danny and Kawhi will improve... I promise

Sean Cagney
07-04-2013, 02:03 AM
2 Pac in my mind, still I see no changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baam
07-04-2013, 02:05 AM
So far so good, lets stay with the same squad. Both Danny and Kawhi will improve... I promise

And I promise you Tim and Manu are gonna get worse.

illusioNtEk
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM

you and others been saying that since 2008, how about you stfu and go cheer for the Lakers or something

racm
07-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Timmy's per 36 stats gonna stay the same tbh

Manu could get worse but as long as he shoots above 40% and 33% from 3 it's good

illusioNtEk
05-07-2015, 01:52 AM
:lobt2:

DJR210
05-07-2015, 02:48 AM

:lol