PDA

View Full Version : Nets: Brooklyn Nets will compete for conference title..

coachmac87
06-28-2013, 03:21 PM
I love the trade for the Nets IMO. Yeah it kills them for the future and the luxury is high and are a very over paid team. But if the owner doesn't care then it really doesn't matter...

The thing that I love bout the new Nets is that each player will have a role that fits them.

Deron Williams- Before last year he was a top 5pg and arguably the most complete...this trade helps him the most. Passing and getting others going is his best trait. Won't need to score like he's done in the past and will play the Rondo role like. He could easily average 10+ assist next year.

Joe Johnson- Highly over paid player. But it doesn't matter when your boss doesn't give a damn. He gets to be the Phx Joe Johnson. Just shoot it. He doesn't need to be a superstar and teams can't focus their gameplan to stop him. If you can over look his salary I kilt what he can bring to this team.

Paul Pierce- Just like Manu. He may not be the same player and can't carry the load but if he's your 3rd to 4th best player...you gotta love that. He'll be great coming off screens and getting to the line. If they can hide him on defense I expect a big year from him

Kevin Garnett- Grab boards and play D. Period. Lopez health will determine his production. Curious to see how he plays next to Lopez. Great pick and pop player with Dwill. Just wont have to carry like he did last year. Can he stay healthy?

Brook Lopez- Can his feet hold up? He's the biggest difference maker IMO. If he's healthy come Playoffs. They will do damage and can contend for title. KG makes up for his lack of rebounding and defense. But he's offensively most talented big in the East. He's just gotta stay healthy.

They have no bench...lol but a bench isn't needed come playoff time. It just comes down to health. But knowing what we know now with rosters etc.. They're 2nd best team in Eastern Confernce.

irishock
06-28-2013, 03:22 PM
$176 million clusterfuck with an incapable HC, tbh. Just like the Lakers.

coachmac87
06-28-2013, 03:38 PM

But these players fit unlike the Lakers...HC are overrated if you've got veteran players. Unless you're named Dantoni

Lincoln
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
They're all ball dominant players tbh. If JJ will just become a spot up shooter it may work but idl

coachmac87
06-28-2013, 03:57 PM
KG is pick n pop player. JJ and Pierce will be more shooters but can each put the ball on the floor if needed. Each player will have a role.

Robz4000
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Second Round ceiling. The team is going to run itself into the ground just to make the playoffs.

Leon Black
06-28-2013, 04:37 PM
The op is a gigantic faggot. Nets have and will always suck.

Jacob1983
06-28-2013, 04:41 PM
This has 2012 Miami Marlins written all over it.

AchillesHeel
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
People are hyping this shit up like the 2012 Lakers. Yes, you have big names in your starting 5 and everyone's been an all-star at some point of their careers, but you need to take into count that Pierce,KG and JJ are not that young and are not in their primes, Deron hasn't been the same since his Utah days and Brook Lopez has his foot issue. Then you look at their bench, it sucks ass.

IMO in the East making the playoffs ain't gonna be an issue, problem will be injuries, can everyone stay healthy come playoff time? If they're healthy and J.Kidd turns out to be a decent coach they might be a contender, but it's a big IF right now.

I'm certainly interested in seeing how the Nets do next season, I might be watching them quite often to see how KG and D-Will play together but I'm not gonna act like they have a shot at beating Miami until they actually play the games.

coachmac87
06-28-2013, 05:00 PM
The op is a gigantic faggot. Nets have and will always suck.

Go fuck urself bud. I ain't no Nets fans by any means but as of now Nets > Lakers and it isn't even close..

I know it hurts. Good day asshole

coachmac87
06-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Y'all need to read the thread title...they can compete in the East..

Thread
06-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Please. They'll play Hell making the playoffsPERIOD

Leetonidas
06-28-2013, 06:23 PM
You see them as having roles? I see this as a horrible clusterfuck mashup of hasbeens and "big names" that don't seem to fit or have an identity together. Just me though

Thread
06-28-2013, 06:29 PM
What I don't understand is Garnett going to slaughter with nary a beef. I thought he walked tall. No. His belly is draggin'.

Crawl, motherfucker, crawl.

Ace
06-28-2013, 07:27 PM
What I don't understand is Garnett going to slaughter with nary a beef. I thought he walked tall. No. His belly is draggin'.

He went from "bleeding green" to guarantee me the remainder of my contract and I'm out.

Thread
06-28-2013, 07:30 PM
^Ainge called in a marker and KG had nary other option.

Ace
06-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Brooklyn will suck defensively and by seasons end they will be last year's Lakers crawling into the playoffs old. Good NBA2k roster but thats it.

Thebesteva
06-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Go fuck urself bud. I ain't no Nets fans by any means but as of now Nets > Lakers and it isn't even close..

I know it hurts. Good day asshole

One does not simply talk down to Leon Black without repercussions

Thread
06-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Brooklyn will suck defensively and by seasons end they will be last year's Lakers crawling into the playoffs old. Good NBA2k roster but thats it.

Look at ya:::Charlie Potatoes. Almost mashed potatoes though. But, almost is only for horseshoes, hand grenades and DUNCAN at the Chuckbox.

Ace
06-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Look at ya:::Charlie Potatoes. Almost mashed potatoes though. But, almost is only for horseshoes, hand grenades and DUNCAN at the Chuckbox.

Bend over and I'll show ya mashed potatoes.

ViceCity84
06-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Pierce or Johnson will have to come off the bench.

Raven
06-28-2013, 08:31 PM
the question with this team is if pp and kg will be able to play decent transition D, if they can't they will be run out of the building like the lakers, if they can play to their ultraslow pace, they may be a real threat. They have no bench though.

jeebus
06-28-2013, 08:36 PM
lol Nets. is there ever going to be a season where people don't blow their load during the offseason about a team in NY?

Spurs9
06-28-2013, 09:09 PM
If they are healthy they can reach the east finals next year.

Jacob1983
06-28-2013, 09:52 PM
This team is going to implode big time next season.

Rogue
06-28-2013, 10:30 PM
The Nets have been a shitty franchise since the NJ days and it got even shittier after moving across the hudson bay. It must suck to be a New Yorker and a basketball fan imho

Calispursfan11
06-28-2013, 10:45 PM
One does not simply talk down to Leon Black without repercussions

I'll bet that first chick on your sig has been the recipient of some vigorous tittyfucking tbh . She was built for it imho.

Calispursfan11
06-28-2013, 10:47 PM
People are hyping this shit up like the 2012 Lakers. Yes, you have big names in your starting 5 and everyone's been an all-star at some point of their careers, but you need to take into count that Pierce,KG and JJ are not that young and are not in their primes, Deron hasn't been the same since his Utah days and Brook Lopez has his foot issue. Then you look at their bench, it sucks ass.

IMO in the East making the playoffs ain't gonna be an issue, problem will be injuries, can everyone stay healthy come playoff time? If they're healthy and J.Kidd turns out to be a decent coach they might be a contender, but it's a big IF right now.

I'm certainly interested in seeing how the Nets do next season, I might be watching them quite often to see how KG and D-Will play together but I'm not gonna act like they have a shot at beating Miami until they actually play the games.

I'd like to replace that focking hawt mo fuckin' babe on tha' right's necklace with a custom pearl necklace tbh. Dayum!

Thebesteva
06-28-2013, 11:05 PM
I'll bet that first chick on your sig has been the recipient of some vigorous tittyfucking tbh . She was built for it imho.

I think its all the same girl in my sig except the fake blonde. The fake blonde is Valeria Orsini aka the aesthetic fitness model. The other girl is an amateur.

Seefourdc
06-29-2013, 03:44 AM
So a younger KG, Allen, Rondo, and Pierce that couldn't beat the Heat 2 years ago is somehow basically going to be redubbed into the Nets without an Allen to challenge for something? Furthermore your coach is a first time coach and not a top level coach like Doc Rivers?

Nets are more likely to be this season's LA Lakers than anything else.

TheRealCB
06-29-2013, 03:57 AM
JJ is a better player than Allen,Williams is a better player than Rondo when motivated and not getting stuffed with cheeseburgers and they got Brook Lopez too. Not saying they will beat the Heat,but they are not the 12-13 Lakers either.

blkroadrunners
06-29-2013, 04:20 AM
If it were 2007, I could agree w/ the Nets competing for a title. However this team just looks slow on paper. Teams like Chicago or Miami will run them out the court.

Seefourdc
06-29-2013, 06:11 AM
JJ is a better player than Allen,Williams is a better player than Rondo when motivated and not getting stuffed with cheeseburgers and they got Brook Lopez too. Not saying they will beat the Heat,but they are not the 12-13 Lakers either.

JJ is a better player than Allen?! At what? JJ over his career .442 fg%, .369 3 pt% and .798 fg%. Last season he was worse than his career average in fg%. At Age 36 in his last season at Boston Ray was better than JJ has ever been. In Ray's rookie year he was better than JJ has ever been.

JJ has not nor will he ever be a better player than Ray Allen.

Rookie coach, fat PG, not one single player in their prime. This team has no chance. At best they get into the playoffs #4 and survive 1 round.

TheRealCB
06-29-2013, 06:17 AM
JJ is a better player than Allen?! At what? JJ over his career .442 fg%, .369 3 pt% and .798 fg%. Last season he was worse than his career average in fg%. At Age 36 in his last season at Boston Ray was better than JJ has ever been. In Ray's rookie year he was better than JJ has ever been.

JJ has not nor will he ever be a better player than Ray Allen.

Rookie coach, fat PG, not one single player in their prime. This team has no chance. At best they get into the playoffs #4 and survive 1 round.

JJ in his prime (29) was better than 34 yo Allen,that's all I'm saying.

jermaine
06-29-2013, 07:13 AM
We're talking about a bunch of veterans. Im sure they want a ring, so I'm sure they will all play their rolls just to make sure the Heat doesn't 3peat. An you have to believe KG wants to stick it to Ray Allen. But with this m9ve the pressure is all on the Heat, Bulls, an Pacers. We all seen that the Heat cant handle anyone with a inside gm. An when you put Lopez (who could be a Duncan if he wants to be) an KG whos on his way out but still no slouch. Thats alot of beef. An on top of that, KG wont have to bang like He did with the Celtics. Thats going to be mainly on the younger Lopez. KG free to shoot midrange an play good defense. If they're healthy, their going to win the east easy.

Calispursfan11
06-29-2013, 07:32 AM

Would you say DA has raped as well now?

Calispursfan11
06-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Although I don't think it's going to be as disastrous as the Lakers, it's not gonna be great either. There are a bunch of ball dominant guys and that hasn't always worked well. If they can do something like the 2011 Mavs did with all those names, maybe, but I just don't see this team as well rounded for some reason. On paper they look great but I am not convinced.

LakerHater
06-29-2013, 03:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BN8WWNLCMAMI4i6.jpg:large

LethalLebron
06-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I have them ranked here:

1- The Champs
2- Indy
3- Okla
4- Chi-city
5- SA
6- HTown wit Dwight
7- BK
8- LAC
9- NYK
10- Griz

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2013, 03:15 PM
No athleticism. Shit bench. They're not going anywhere.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2013, 08:10 PM
As I Nets fan I'm excited and iffy about this all at the same time. Pierce and KG can't be any worse then the Nets starting lineup of last year. I'm sure it will take time, but if they stay healthy and if Kidd get good help learning to coach they could be good.

And they Nets aren't much worse for cap space. Still pretty much same time frame, with this just a little less cap space then what they would have had without it

Thread
06-29-2013, 08:11 PM
^You like geezer, sweetheart?

Rogue
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Pierce will turn out to be a catalyst to their chemistry imho. They don't lack talent but they just failed to organize those talents the right way last season. Pierce will bring some leadership and experience to this team, things they were severely lacking in the prior season

LakerHater
06-29-2013, 11:19 PM
I dont think the bench could be as bad as Miami!

hyhy
06-30-2013, 07:11 AM
I think they should plan their season to be the 8th in east.
They get rest for their main players throughout the season, and they fight the heat fresh in the first round.
Rather that, than tire their 5 players getting into the 2nd spot, den running them to the ground until the ECF, where most probably they will all be dead, before facing Miami heat.

mudyez
06-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Trade in a nutshell:

Nets really improve for about 1,5seasons without threatening Miami. After that Prokorov may loose interest after finding out how skrewed up the franchis is at this point.
Boston gets some nice pieces but still needs to get shred a boatload (Lee, Bass, Wallace) of bad contracts and might loose Rondo to arange just that.

Basketballgirl25
06-30-2013, 08:46 PM
geezer? Last I heard Brook was young and I like him so

Basketballgirl25
06-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Trade in a nutshell:

Nets really improve for about 1,5seasons without threatening Miami. After that Prokorov may loose interest after finding out how skrewed up the franchis is at this point.
Boston gets some nice pieces but still needs to get shred a boatload (Lee, Bass, Wallace) of bad contracts and might loose Rondo to arange just that.

how are Nets skrewed up? yeah nj nets were, but if you follow basketball you will know the since the move to brooklyn it's been different

Rogue
06-30-2013, 09:24 PM
The nets are a shitty franchise on either side of the Hudson river

mudyez
07-01-2013, 09:15 AM
how are Nets skrewed up? yeah nj nets were, but if you follow basketball you will know the since the move to brooklyn it's been different

trading away every possible pick and handing out insane contracts while still remaining a middle in the pack team isn't skrewing it up?

Basketballgirl25
07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
trading away every possible pick and handing out insane contracts while still remaining a middle in the pack team isn't skrewing it up?

Can't say they are screwed up, since this team hasn't even played together yet. Once they played you can say they are screwed up. For now you can't tell

mudyez
07-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Can't say they are screwed up, since this team hasn't even played together yet. Once they played you can say they are screwed up. For now you can't tell

It wasn't regarding the next 1,5 yeras where I somewhat like them (without giving them any chance of getting out of the East). It was more about the time afterward.

Rummpd
07-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Give it two weeks in camp and Garnett will slug someone smaller and Deron Williams will hate on Kidd...

Thread
07-01-2013, 07:43 PM
^Rumpot with the goods.

Michael Jordan.
11-29-2013, 10:32 PM
I love the trade for the Nets IMO. Yeah it kills them for the future and the luxury is high and are a very over paid team. But if the owner doesn't care then it really doesn't matter...

The thing that I love bout the new Nets is that each player will have a role that fits them.

Deron Williams- Before last year he was a top 5pg and arguably the most complete...this trade helps him the most. Passing and getting others going is his best trait. Won't need to score like he's done in the past and will play the Rondo role like. He could easily average 10+ assist next year.

Joe Johnson- Highly over paid player. But it doesn't matter when your boss doesn't give a damn. He gets to be the Phx Joe Johnson. Just shoot it. He doesn't need to be a superstar and teams can't focus their gameplan to stop him. If you can over look his salary I kilt what he can bring to this team.

Paul Pierce- Just like Manu. He may not be the same player and can't carry the load but if he's your 3rd to 4th best player...you gotta love that. He'll be great coming off screens and getting to the line. If they can hide him on defense I expect a big year from him

Kevin Garnett- Grab boards and play D. Period. Lopez health will determine his production. Curious to see how he plays next to Lopez. Great pick and pop player with Dwill. Just wont have to carry like he did last year. Can he stay healthy?

Brook Lopez- Can his feet hold up? He's the biggest difference maker IMO. If he's healthy come Playoffs. They will do damage and can contend for title. KG makes up for his lack of rebounding and defense. But he's offensively most talented big in the East. He's just gotta stay healthy.

They have no bench...lol but a bench isn't needed come playoff time. It just comes down to health. But knowing what we know now with rosters etc.. They're 2nd best team in Eastern Confernce.

:lmao

Venti Quattro
11-29-2013, 10:32 PM

irishock :wow :wow :wow

:lmao this thread

jeebus, GET IN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeebus
11-29-2013, 10:39 PM
lol Nets. is there ever going to be a season where people don't blow their load during the offseason about a team in NY?
:wakeup

Chinook
11-30-2013, 03:25 AM
Coachmac demonstrating that he knows nothing about basketball? What a surprise.

Sean Cagney
11-30-2013, 03:28 AM
CRICKETS..............

Red Hawk #21
11-30-2013, 03:33 AM
:rollin

lefty
11-30-2013, 04:18 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/faff366af4f441f50bf295b8d5e15906/tumblr_mt0ryoNh7b1s9wqiao1_400.gif

hater
11-30-2013, 05:08 AM
LMFAO

baseline bum
11-30-2013, 07:35 AM
OP is the same dumbass who told me Baron Davis would make the Clippers into contenders and then started acting like a pissy cunt when I told him Davis was overrated after one good postseason.

Venti Quattro
12-03-2013, 09:46 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Clipper Nation
12-03-2013, 10:42 PM
OP is the same dumbass who told me Baron Davis would make the Clippers into contenders and then started acting like a pissy cunt when I told him Davis was overrated after one good postseason.

:lmao Fatass Baron Davis

Reck
12-03-2013, 11:40 PM
The Nets have been a shitty franchise since the NJ days and it got even shittier after moving across the hudson bay. It must suck to be a New Yorker and a basketball fan imho

Son most bball fans around here are front runners. You dont see them when "their" team is sucking balls. Only when they're good to playoff contenders.

Its all about their Giants and Jets here. Oh and yeah, Yankees. :lol

jeebus
12-21-2013, 12:04 PM

DMC
12-21-2013, 12:24 PM

^Ainge called in a marker and KG had nary other option.

^You like geezer, sweetheart?

^Rumpot with the goods.

Just look at all the basketball related talk, all technical and shits.

jeebus
12-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Just look at all the basketball related talk, all technical and shits.
"I miss Cully! He brings so much to spurstalk!"

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2013, 01:23 PM
j smart ass pulled out his x<1% holdings in that team, knows too well then invest in nigglets...

RD2191
12-21-2013, 03:16 PM
:lmao

Chomag
12-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Well...there is still a chance for them to win the division title you have Boston leading at 12-16. My god the east is a freaking joke!

Would they have a parade?

m>s
12-21-2013, 05:00 PM

it wasn't that he was overrated or had 1 good post season, he was getting up there in age and had suffered just too many injuries.

Budkin
12-21-2013, 05:46 PM
I thought they would be right up there contending tbh. Never thought they would be as bad as they are.

Seventyniner
12-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Maybe the Nets can transfer to the Big East, they should be able to win that conference.

Ashy Larry
12-21-2013, 08:04 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

Venti Quattro
05-14-2014, 08:45 PM
:lmao :lmao coachmac87

hater
05-14-2014, 08:46 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/poqwFvsjWnA/maxresdefault.jpg