PDA

View Full Version : Spoelstra owning Pop

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:25 AM
What a year for Spoelstra, he's now a lock for coach of the year in 2014, guy made Pop his son first by giving him a taste of his own medicine and beating him with a team of scrubs in the regular season and then we all saw what happened in the Finals where it basically came down to coaching.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 09:28 AM
What a year for Spoelstra, he's now a lock for coach of the year in 2014, guy made Pop his son first by giving him a taste of his own medicine and beating him with a team of scrubs in the regular season and then in the Finals where it basically came down to coaching.

Pop haters in full bitch mode once again.

And just for the sake of things, you're out of your fucking mind if you truly think Erik Spoelstra is a better coach than Pop. I really REALLY hope this thread is just a joke.

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:29 AM
http://3critical.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/080428_spoelstra.jpg

Outlier
06-29-2013, 09:30 AM
What a troll. Get the fuck out

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm not even trolling, it's sad how Spurs fans deify Pop but have no problem calling Tim Duncan a tosb.

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Pop is declining faster than Ginobili at this point, time to face the truth.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 09:38 AM
I'm not even trolling, it's sad how Spurs fans deify Pop but have no problem calling Tim Duncan a tosb.

Timmy is one of the top 5 greatest players of all time, the greatest PF of all time, and the greatest Spur of all time. Without Timmy we don't win any titles, and without Pop we don't win any titles.

Both Timmy AND Pop have been absolutely vital to this team's success.

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Hollins is still availlable I believe and seems to have a good relationship with TP, worth looking into imo.

Bill_Brasky
06-29-2013, 09:42 AM
If the coaches switched teams the Heat woulda swept.

hyhy
06-29-2013, 09:43 AM
What a year for Spoelstra, he's now a lock for coach of the year in 2014, guy made Pop his son first by giving him a taste of his own medicine and beating him with a team of scrubs in the regular season and then we all saw what happened in the Finals where it basically came down to coaching.

Convince me what play did Spoelstra draw up other than lebron bring the ball up, lebron shoot 3 pointer?

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:44 AM
How did Spoeltra beat him with a team full of scrubs and managed to come back from a game that was statistically lost?

You can make the argument that Spoeltra is a scruby coach I don't care, but you can't say that Pop is better than him.

dallasmaverickslose
Hollins is still availlable I believe and seems to have a good relationship with TP, worth looking into imo.

Putting your worthless ass on my ignore list is still available I believe, worth looking into imo.

hyhy

By your logic, Pop got "owned" by Spoelstra coz we lost in a 7 game series against "better" players and the supposed "best player in the world", so we should switch coach to a coach that Pop Swept?!

kobyz
06-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Splostra the best coach in the league, fucked pop in the regular season and then winning the championship over him while spurs are the better team, spo was the X factor of the series and the reason heat are champs.

mudyez
06-29-2013, 09:46 AM
trolls keep trolling

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:46 AM
By your logic, Pop got "owned" by Spoelstra coz we lost in a 7 game series against "better" players and the supposed "best player in the world", so we should switch coach to a coach that Pop Swept?!

Hollins made that Memphis team better every year, guy's pretty much in his prime.

Pop and Karl are done tbh, at some point you just lose it, like a boxer getting punch drunk.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Splostra the best coach in the league, fucked pop in the regular season and then winning the championship over him while spurs are the better team, spo was the X factor of the series and the reason heat are champs.

Please please PLEASE tell me this is a joke PLEASE!!!

The average Spurstalk user's IQ is in free fall.

hyhy
06-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Hollins made that Memphis team better every year, guy's pretty much in his prime.

Pop and Karl are done tbh, at some point you just lose it, like a boxer getting punch drunk.

Obviously Memphis thought otherwise.

Baam
06-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Obviously Memphis thought otherwise.

Hollinger has full power there now and wanted to tell him who to play and how long basically, no great coach would put up with that bullshit in any sport.

kobyz
06-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Please please PLEASE tell me this is a joke PLEASE!!!

The average Spurstalk user's IQ is in free fall.

Please dont be blind, give credit where deserved, Spo know how to produce the best out of his team, to put all his role players in places to succeed, and At least he doesn't has defects like pop, like not foul when you up by 3 to win a title...

hyhy
06-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Hollinger has full power there now and wanted to tell him who to play and how long basically, no great coach would put up with that bullshit in any sport.

I really hope you are trolling

Vash StampedE
06-29-2013, 10:30 AM
These guys on drugs:lmao

PlayNando
06-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Pathetic thread.

dunkman
06-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Pop tends to make blunders, but is otherwise better. No way Spo' make the finals with the Spurs '13 team.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Please dont be blind, give credit where deserved, Spo know how to produce the best out of his team, to put all his role players in places to succeed, and At least he doesn't has defects like pop, like not foul when you up by 3 to win a title...

You're unbearably stupid

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Timmy is one of the top 5 greatest players of all time, the greatest PF of all time, and the greatest Spur of all time. Without Timmy we don't win any titles, and without Pop we don't win any titles.

Both Timmy AND Pop have been absolutely vital to this team's success.BRAVO. That is the smartest thing I've ever read from you. I'm glad you realized how important Tim Duncan is, how it all starts and will probably end with Tim Duncan. Pop is great too.

Baam
06-29-2013, 10:40 AM
Pathetic thread.

Spoeltra = foreign intelligence

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Ok, this is obviously a troll thread.

MeloHype
06-29-2013, 10:45 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/366/994/488.jpg

PlayNando
06-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Spoeltra = foreign intelligence
He is from Evansville, IN. His mother's Philippine genes have been spoiled and wrecked by his father's inferior gringo genes and he was brought up in 'Murica.

therealtruth
06-29-2013, 12:17 PM
How did Spoeltra beat him with a team full of scrubs and managed to come back from a game that was statistically lost?

I won't get into the who's better but I will agree that Spoelstra basically won a game 6 that was statistically lost by making moves that gave his team the best chance for success. He had the right mix of rebounding and shooters in his closing lineups. His guys took the first available good look to allow time for offensive rebounding. He forced the Spurs to inbound to Kawhi and fouled right away. That was the best move since KL's FT% wasn't that great in the playoffs and also little time came of the clock.

benefactor
06-29-2013, 12:30 PM
:lol all of you trying to have a serious conversation with Baam. He's one of the worst NASF's to show up here. He's close to Kool Bob Love level of intelligence.

Baam
06-29-2013, 12:58 PM
:lol all of you trying to have a serious conversation with Baam. He's one of the worst NASF's to show up here. He's close to Kool Bob Love level of intelligence.

Spoelstra destroyed Pop mentally this season, if you can't see that I can't do anything for you.

People can call it how they see it when Tim Duncan gets dominated but not with Pop, the cult of Pop is stronger than anything else on Spurstalk, the old man can do no wrong it seems like.

SA210
06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Timmy is one of the top 5 greatest players of all time, the greatest PF of all time, and the greatest Spur of all time. Without Timmy we don't win any titles, but sadly Pop and I have no faith in him at the end of Game 6 in the NBA Finals in one of Timmy's best performances ever. That distrust Pop and I had in Tim resulted in the one of the biggest coaching choke jobs in sports HISTORY

ErnestLynch
06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
You can't kill Barnes. Only Barnes can kill Barnes.

moisaenz
06-29-2013, 01:48 PM
POP beat himself, he gambled and lost.

Spur|n|Austin
06-29-2013, 01:53 PM

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 02:13 PM
:lmao This guy can't cope with somebody disagreeing with him, so he has to change their quotes in order to feel like someone actually agrees with him!

SA210
06-29-2013, 03:05 PM
At the end of the day, fact remains..Pop and I didn't trust Tim Duncan

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2013, 03:16 PM
:lmao This guy can't cope with somebody disagreeing with him, so he has to change their quotes in order to feel like someone actually agrees with him!You are thinking that way though TBH. I mean you fail to recognize that Pop got outcoached in Game 6 and ONLY in Game 6 that cost us a championship. You keep spreading the blame instead of realizing how pathetic Manu played and the horrible decisions that Pop made.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 03:48 PM
You are thinking that way though TBH. I mean you fail to recognize that Pop got outcoached in Game 6 and ONLY in Game 6 that cost us a championship. You keep spreading the blame instead of realizing how pathetic Manu played and the horrible decisions that Pop made.

I never discounted how awful Manu played in game 6. He was horrific. But he wasn't the sole reason we lost, contrary to what you want to believe. We lost as a team. Everyone had their blunders. Green clanked 3 pointers all night. Gary Neal was disappointing. Tiago didn't grab rebounds. Etc. Your habit of wanting to blame it all on 1 or 2 people is really getting old, and not logical.

But unlike you I still love Manu and nothing will ever discount his legacy to this team, as much as you wish this series would.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-29-2013, 04:14 PM
LOL OWNING POP?

Spol has all stars and an incredibly deep line-up and he almost fucked away the series twice (against Pacers and Spurs respectively). Pop owned him... with a bunch of "old guys". Did you see Spol's face throughout the series.. he looked so scared lol.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2013, 04:15 PM
MU never discounted how awful Manu played in game 6. He was horrific. But he wasn't the sole reason we lost, contrary to what you want to believe. We lost as a team. Everyone had their blunders. Green clanked 3 pointers all night. Gary Neal was disappointing. Tiago didn't grab rebounds. Etc. Your habit of wanting to blame it all on 1 or 2 people is really getting old, and not logical.Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. The type of mistakes that Green, Splitter, Kawhi, TP, Duncan, and anyone else that you want to include outside of Manu and Pop are all mistakes that a team can get away with.

On the other hand, 8 turnovers by Manu, Pop taking out Duncan in those last two possessions of regulation, Pop playing Manu so minutes despite how terrible he was playing, and Pop allowing Manu to run in transition during OT instead of calling a time out are all mistakes that a team does not get away with.

So yes Pop and Manu deserve all the criticism in the world. Pop and Manu pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history. They will never be forgiven by many Spurs fans for costing Tim Duncan his 5th ring.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. The type of mistakes that Green, Splitter, Kawhi, TP, Duncan, and anyone else that you want to include outside of Manu and Pop are all mistakes that a team can get away with.

On the other hand, 8 turnovers by Manu, Pop taking out Duncan in those last two possessions of regulation, Pop playing Manu so minutes despite how terrible he was playing, and Pop allowing Manu to run in transition during OT instead of calling a time out are all mistakes that a team does not get away with.

So yes Pop and Manu deserve all the criticism in the world. Pop and Manu pulled the biggest choke job in NBA history. They will never be forgiven by many Spurs fans for costing Tim Duncan his 5th ring.

Ok, believe what you want to believe. Quite frankly, I no longer give two shit about any of your worthless opinions. You think your opinions represent Spurs fans, but they really don't. Of course, I wouldn't expect someone as irrational as you to figure that out.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Ok, believe what you want to believe. Quite frankly, I no longer give two shit about any of your worthless opinions. You think your opinions represent Spurs fans, but they really don't. Of course, I wouldn't expect someone as irrational as you to figure that out.My opinions closely resemble that of non-homer Spurs fans.

therealtruth
06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody is perfect. The type of mistakes that Green, Splitter, Kawhi, TP, Duncan, and anyone else that you want to include outside of Manu and Pop are all mistakes that a team can get away with.

Game 6 was statistically lost by the Heat. Teams in the Spurs situation win greater than 99% of the time. This is not just that the Heat are a superior team. Pop basicallly gave away a game that was won. The Spurs bucked all the trends statiscally for winning a series. They lead 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 which all heavily favored them. Then they got to a position that gave them a greater than 99% chance of winning then gave up.

dallasmaverickslose
06-29-2013, 04:29 PM
My opinions closely resemble that of non-homer Spurs fans.

The fans at the airport welcoming the team back after the game 7 loss represent true fans of this team.

Baam
06-29-2013, 04:31 PM
HIRE HOLLINS PLEASE

Baam
06-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Game 6 was statistically lost by the Heat. Teams in the Spurs situation win greater than 99% of the time. This is not just that the Heat are a superior team. Pop basicallly gave away a game that was won. The Spurs bucked all the trends statiscally for winning a series. They lead 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 which all heavily favored them. Then they got to a position that gave them a greater than 99% chance of winning then gave up.

Just reading that and thinking about it again makes my blood boils.

You can't fuck up that much.

Tim Duncan put all his trust in Pop and assured him to be the safe position he's now and Pop abused the power Tim granted him and didn't trust him back, betrayed his trust basically, got too full of himself resting his two best players in crunch time of the game of the decade. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

You can't say their relationship didn't take a hit, it'd be a lie. Trust is a two way street.

Baam
06-29-2013, 05:01 PM
Spurs are a family and part of being a family is telling each other the truth.

Tim has to be strong for the good of the family and show grandpa some tough love and help him realize he has to quit while he's still ahead.

lefty
06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1024x768/trollface/395552/trollface-pin-successful-troll-meme-on-pinterest-395552.jpg

UZER
06-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Spoelstra is not a better caoch than Pop, and he didnt out coach him either. Pop strategy had essentially won the series, but he got in his own way when the championship was already won. He fucked up a 99% chance of winning the of game 6.

I will say this, spoel left bosh in there and he made the two biggest plays., he got the rebound and kicked it to ray allen for the game tying 3. Then he blocked danny greens shot. Thats spoel trusting his big man, when pop didnt.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
You are thinking that way though TBH. I mean you fail to recognize that Pop got outcoached in Game 6 and ONLY in Game 6 that cost us a championship. You keep spreading the blame instead of realizing how pathetic Manu played and the horrible decisions that Pop made.
We wouldn't have gotten there without him idiot. 7 performances with at least 17 points. More than Kawhi and Danny

DJR210
06-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Spoelstra did a good job in adjusting as the series went. The Spurs ran out of counters.

Green was forced into a slasher whereas he can't make layups all alone in practice, and Parker was neutralized by a monster. Ginobili has rec league handles now, so the rest in history.

HemisfairArena
06-29-2013, 06:58 PM
You gotta give SPO his credit. He has guided the Heat to 3 straight Finals appearances and winning two of them. I dont care if he had LeBron. Pop had Duncan. Phil Jackson had MJ and Shaq/Kobe. You cant take away the guys accomplishments because of the talent on his team. Pop and Jackson had the same thing.

SA210
06-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Spoelstra is not a better caoch than Pop, and he didnt out coach him either. Pop strategy had essentially won the series, but he got in his own way when the championship was already won. He fucked up a 99% chance of winning the of game 6.

I will say this, spoel left bosh in there and he made the two biggest plays., he got the rebound and kicked it to ray allen for the game tying 3. Then he blocked danny greens shot. Thats spoel trusting his big man, when pop didnt.

Yup

rascal
06-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Convince me what play did Spoelstra draw up other than lebron bring the ball up, lebron shoot 3 pointer?

He put LeBron on Parker.

HemisfairArena
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Its just hilarious when people try and downplay what Spolestra has done. Is he as good as Pop? We'll find out...but the point still remains...Pop would have zero titles without Duncan. Jackson would have zero without MJ, Shaq, and Kobe. Hell... Tomjanovich guided Houston to back to back titles in the 90's and people think he is a good coach but he would have no titles without Olajawon. Pat Riley would have nothing without Kareem, Magic, Wade, and Shaq. Why is SPO held under a different light? Because people hate LeBron?

still.focused
06-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Better coach? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO!!!
Love Pop wouldnt rather anyone else coaching my boys, but Spo did a better job of adjusting than Pop did during the Finals

- They found a way of slowing down Parke by puttinh Lebron on him...Pop had no response
- The found a way to shut Green out by staying at home ...Pop had no response
- Offensively they countered our Lebron off-defense by using Lebron as the screener...Pop had no response
- Surrounded Lebron, the best 1 on 1 player in the world, with 4 shooters which neutralized our Lebron on-ball defense quite a bit...Pop had no response
- They recognized that the Spurs were giving up the jumper and ran very low screen n rolls which put Wade 5ft from the basket, which makes it a floater or a layup not a jumper...Pop had no response
- Wade/James isos on the wing. Spurs give them the space. Once they start drilling them...Pop has no response
- They found out Splitter is soft as baby shit and blitzed his PnRs until Pop HAD to sit him...at least he had a response
- Needing a 3 he leaves Bosh in instead of subbing shooters. We need to defend the 3 Pop yanks TD...Bosh rebound (And this happens TWICE back to back)
- We need a 3, Pop subs all shooters yanks TP our best ball handler. Spo leaves Bosh in who subsequently defends Ginobilis drive resulting in the Manu brain fart
/Rant

With all of this we still had a great chance to win this championship
Spo is nowhere near the caliber of coach that Pop is
Fact is HE DIDNT HAVE TO BE. All he had to do is put HIS team in the position to win the games
He did...they won, he deserves some credit.

playbonner15
06-29-2013, 10:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rq010SH.jpg

therealtruth
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
Its just hilarious when people try and downplay what Spolestra has done. Is he as good as Pop? We'll find out...but the point still remains...Pop would have zero titles without Duncan. Jackson would have zero without MJ, Shaq, and Kobe. Hell... Tomjanovich guided Houston to back to back titles in the 90's and people think he is a good coach but he would have no titles without Olajawon. Pat Riley would have nothing without Kareem, Magic, Wade, and Shaq. Why is SPO held under a different light? Because people hate LeBron?

Give Jackson, Tomjanovich, or Riley a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to play. I guarantee none of them will screw it up. That's the kind of stuff you expect out of a young inexperienced coach and team not a veteran team that has won championships.

elmanutres
06-30-2013, 02:38 PM
a coach is only as good as his players. He has lebron, his work is cut out for him. Coach pop had a team in 2012 with poor defense and flipped it around in 2013 to like number 5 with the same players. Pop is a better coach. Apparently for some of you guys the best coach in the league is not good enough for you.

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Give Jackson, Tomjanovich, or Riley a 5 point lead with 28 seconds to play. I guarantee none of them will screw it up. That's the kind of stuff you expect out of a young inexperienced coach and team not a veteran team that has won championships.

So you want us to fire Pop and get Phil Jackson this offseason?

silverblk mystix
06-30-2013, 02:57 PM

In addition...

Had any other coach done this amateurish bullshit - he would be looking for a job right now...and the fans of said coach would be getting the ropes ready...

Except Spur fan - who is fat and happy to be an also-ran every year. Titles don't matter here - only having Pop as the leader.

BatManu20
06-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Anyone who think Spoelstra is a better coach than Pop doesn't know basketball. Put 4 future HOFers, one of who is the greatest basketball player in the world, on any team, and you have a good chance of winning the NBA title every year.

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 03:04 PM
In addition...

Had any other coach done this amateurish bullshit - he would be looking for a job right now...and the fans of said coach would be getting the ropes ready...

Except Spur fan - who is fat and happy to be an also-ran every year. Titles don't matter here - only having Pop as the leader.

You honestly think an organization would fire their coach that got them within 28 seconds of a title? Are you out of your mind?

silverblk mystix
06-30-2013, 03:10 PM
You honestly think an organization would fire their coach that got them within 28 seconds of a title? Are you out of your mind?

Dude, the fuckin title was given away by Pop. Did you not watch game 6?

Tell me in which sport would a coach be kept had he given away a title with such a monumental coaching fuck-up?

Only a PJ or an Auerbach - would be given a pass. Unfortunately - spurs fans think Pop is in the same company. He isn't - and if the last 6 years isn't enough to convince you - you are most definitely an unapologetic Popsucker.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Um yeah he didn't own Pop tbh. Pop owned himself.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Um yeah he didn't own Pop tbh. Pop owned himself.This.

Baam
07-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Man I'm listening the Bill Simmons BS report podcast, and he ended up talking about the Finals and said he was disturbed/traumatized by the outcome and he isn't even a Spurs fan... He's calling out Pop on his terrible coaching and going to Turnobili instead of running stuff for Kawhi...

Don't tell me Pop is going to be fine after that, he shat his pants on the biggest stage possible in basketball history, you have to know when you don't have it anymore and he doesn't, nobody wants to go to the nursing home but you when you start shitting yourself in public it's the best solution for everyone...

HI-FI
07-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Man I'm listening the Bill Simmons BS report podcast, and he ended up talking about the Finals and said he was disturbed/traumatized by the outcome and he isn't even a Spurs fan... He's calling out Pop on his terrible coaching and going to Turnobili instead of running stuff for Kawhi...

Don't tell me Pop is going to be fine after that, he shat his pants on the biggest stage possible in basketball history, you have to know when you don't have it anymore and he doesn't, nobody wants to go to the nursing home but you when you start shitting yourself in public it's the best solution for everyone...

i'll have to listen to it. Crazy that Simmons was traumatized like a lot of us Spurs fan. Simmons must have really wanted Miami to lose, can't say I blame him. Pop and Manu took the biggest beating to their legacy after this series imo. Also, IIRC, Pop admitted on some recent interview that he never had a single play drawn up for Kawhi.

Man In Black
07-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Fucking BAMA peeps...they piss me off, where is that Klubypatter- Pat your own back thing - that coddles to their ego?

Johnny RIngo
07-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Dude, the fuckin title was given away by Pop. Did you not watch game 6?

Tell me in which sport would a coach be kept had he given away a title with such a monumental coaching fuck-up?

Only a PJ or an Auerbach - would be given a pass. Unfortunately - spurs fans think Pop is in the same company. He isn't - and if the last 6 years isn't enough to convince you - you are most definitely an unapologetic Popsucker.

Pop has always been overrated. Can't think of any other all-time great coach that would lose to Avery fucking Johnson with a prime Tim Duncan putting up some of the best numbers of his career. IMO, 2006 was worse than 2013