PDA

View Full Version : God man it's freaking hot today

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Did San Antonio get moved to fucking Arizona overnight?

Thebesteva
06-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Did San Antonio get moved to fucking Arizona overnight?

100 in LA right now...fuckkkkkkkkk

RD2191
06-29-2013, 02:56 PM
I wrent to throw the trash earlier and I swear I started hallucinating.

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Gotta get da fuk out the Valley or Rosemead or whatever hot shithole tbh. Westside temps are fucking awesome in LA when you get out of that desert climate and into the Mediterranean one. Go cool off at Redondo Beach bro; fucking cold ass Pacific is amazing on a hot day.

And fuck... 107 in San Antonio and it's still only 3PM. Shit will probably be 110 by 5:30.

Thebesteva
06-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Gotta get da fuk out the Valley or Rosemead or whatever hot shithole tbh. Westside temps are fucking awesome in LA when you get out of that desert climate and into the Mediterranean one. Go cool off at Redondo Beach bro; fucking cold ass Pacific is amazing on a hot day.

And fuck... 107 in San Antonio and it's still only 3PM. Shit will probably be 110 by 5:30.

I actually live in one of the cooler parts of So. Cal...quite possibly the coolest next to beach properties. It's always about 10 degrees cooler here than most of So. Cal.

Proxy
06-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Austin feels like a fucking oven. 105 atm

Thread
06-29-2013, 03:12 PM
It's 115 here but, with 8% humidity it feels good.

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 03:19 PM
It's 115 here but, with 8% humidity it feels good.

How do you Arizona people deal with that shit every day? I know people will scoff Texas but it's only oppressively hot like this a couple of days out of the year (except 2011).

silverblk mystix
06-29-2013, 03:20 PM
This is only nature's way of reminding us Spurs fans who the champs are....

The fuckin' HEAT!!!!!!!

:bang:bang:bang

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 03:21 PM
^ good one lefty

RD2191
06-29-2013, 03:22 PM
105 here in Corpus, feels 112

JMarkJohns
06-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Picked a shit time to visit the folks. 121 where they are today. So I took an impromptu trip to San Diego. Hot here too.

Avante
06-29-2013, 04:12 PM
125 in Brawley Cali, wife just got off the phone with one of her sisters.

leemajors
06-29-2013, 05:42 PM

At least the wind flipped to the North in Austin about an hour ago, hopefully it does storm.

oh crap
06-29-2013, 05:55 PM
burning here in austin. fuck going outside.

DJR210
06-29-2013, 05:57 PM
We might be hitting 107-108 degree days regulary here in SA later in the season. AC simply can't contend with it. FUCKING hate my apartment being any higher than 70.

DJR210
06-29-2013, 05:59 PM
105 here in Corpus, feels 112

Fuck, i'd probably be in Port A at the beach if I lived in Corpus

InRareForm
06-29-2013, 06:24 PM
They say death valley could possibly break the 134 record this weekend

leemajors
06-29-2013, 06:53 PM
burning here in austin. fuck going outside.

Fuck that, I've been in the pool for an hour most days this week. Can't imagine not cooling off in the pool when it's this hot :lol

CubanSucks
06-29-2013, 06:56 PM
It's summer.

Rogue
06-29-2013, 08:14 PM
California is even hotter tbh. it seems like the Heat has almost melted the tarry roads, people wouldn't even survive without air conditioning, similar to the environment that rommel's troops endured in North Africa imho. you can lay a pan on the ground and simmer some eggs

mercos
06-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Its gotten too 100 several days in a row here on the Gulf Coast. Add in 90% humidity and I'm ready to kill myself. Nothing like breaking a sweat on your way to the mailbox.

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
We might be hitting 107-108 degree days regulary here in SA later in the season. AC simply can't contend with it. FUCKING hate my apartment being any higher than 70.

Summer has been pretty mild this year with the exception of today, and hitting 107-108 consistently is probably pretty unlikely. 101-102 a lot the next couple of months is a possibility, but honestly that doesn't feel bad with decent AC or even outside unless you're in direct sun. But 108, man fuck that.

mojorizen7
06-29-2013, 08:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p480x480/1011891_10151548333546359_1769268314_n.jpg
humidity is at 23%
Dry heat my ass once you get into July and the monsoons. The monsoons are mostly dust & dirt anymore anyway. 20-30 years ago monsoons season in AZ meant you got rain regularly...not anymore.

I'm outta here when my kids get out and on their own.

AZ summers suck. Especially when you've spent 40+ years here.

Thread
06-29-2013, 08:52 PM
How do you Arizona people deal with that shit every day? I know people will scoff Texas but it's only oppressively hot like this a couple of days out of the year (except 2011).

There is no humidity so it's tolerable.

DeadlyDynasty
06-29-2013, 08:55 PM
The humidity down here is choking

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 09:04 PM
The humidity down here is choking

Shit, I'm looking right now and you have a 76 degree dew point at 10PM. WTF is it like at 2AM? 80 degrees? That's horrible.

Blake
06-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Got in the pool to cool off. It was almost a hot tub. Was not refreshed.

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 09:06 PM

Truth. I love going into the Sierras in the summer and the dew points are in the 30s. Shit feels amazing, especially at night when the temperature drops into the 30s.

mojorizen7
06-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Bullshit. Quite a bit of relative humidity when the monsoons start rolling into the valley and just tease you all afternoon(and the temps are in the 100's)...followed by dirt and wind.

Maybe its different in other regions of AZ.

I've spent some time in the midwest(Missouri,Tennessee) and yes,the humidity out there(when the temp is in the 90's) is brutal in a different way.

If the monsoons here weren't so void of actual rain here anymore the summers in PHX would be tolerable IMO...but there's no payoff for the brutal heat and afternoon humidity rise anymore.

Heatwave continues across Arizona as record temperatures arrive
Updated today at 5:36 PM
PHOENIX -- Record heat hit the Valley Saturday, as temperatures reached 119 at Sky Harbor International Airport.
Saturday's high broke the previous record for June 29, which was set in 1994 at 117. Saturday's temperature was also the hottest it's been in Phoenix since 1995.
Overnight temperatures Saturday night will still be around 90. The high in Phoenix on Sunday should be around 115. The current record stands at 115. We’re looking for a high of 112 on Monday.
Excessive Heat Warnings continue for the lower deserts and some high elevation communities until 8 p.m Sunday. An Ozone Health Watch is in effect Saturday for Maricopa County including Metro Phoenix.
Humidity, smoke and clouds are pushing into the area from the east, so we’re calling for partly cloudy skies in the Valley.
With the increase in humidity, we will see showers and isolated thunderstorms develop each afternoon in northern and eastern Arizona through the start of next week. Some of these storms could produce some blowing dust or gusty winds in the Valley, but moisture should stay out. For now, we will include a 10 percent chance of t’storms in the Valley for Monday night.
A gradual cooling trend kicks off Tuesday. By Independence Day, highs across the Valley should be around 107.
http://www.azfamily.com/weather/?nTar=OPUR&iq_id=7416584

MeloHype
06-29-2013, 09:08 PM
I wish it was December already

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Isn't Alabama the state that gets really fucked with humidity? Them and Mississippi? Any time I have been out there it made even Houston feel like the desert humidity-wise.

DeadlyDynasty
06-29-2013, 09:13 PM
New Orleans is brutal with humidity too

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Bullshit. Quite a bit of relative humidity when the monsoons start rolling into the valley and just tease you all afternoon(and the temps are in the 100's)...followed by dirt and wind.

I've spent some time in the midwest(Missouri,Tennessee) and yes,the humidity out there(when the temp is in the 90's) is brutal in a different way.

If the monsoons here weren't so void of actual rain here anymore the summers in PHX would be tolerable IMO...but there's no payoff for the brutal heat and afternoon humidity rise anymore.

http://www.azfamily.com/weather/?nTar=OPUR&iq_id=7416584

What are the dew points like? Relative humidity is meaningless when it comes to comfort. E.g., 52% RH at 95 degrees is hideous while 100% RH at 65 feels fine. The current dewpoint of 40 degrees F in Phoenix must be nice.

Thread

Even then it's low humidity. As long as the dew point is below 53 the evaps work. If the evap is effective the humidity is rendered "harmless."

DeadlyDynasty
Shit, I'm looking right now and you have a 76 degree dew point at 10PM. WTF is it like at 2AM? 80 degrees? That's horrible.
If you're outside for even 2 minutes you'll start sweating. I run stairs in this weather, though:lol

baseline bum

I'm usually more worried about getting carjacked there though, so I don't pay much attention to the humidity tbh.

Thread
06-29-2013, 09:15 PM
That's weird, Bum. We're thinking alike.

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 09:21 PM
That's weird, Bum. We're thinking alike.

What are these evaps you're talking about? Meaningless for the San Antonio area anyways I guess, since the dewpoint is consistently below 53 only in the winter usually.

baseline bum
06-29-2013, 09:22 PM
If you're outside for even 2 minutes you'll start sweating. I run stairs in this weather, though:lol

Sounds shitty. Can't cool yourself because none of your sweat evaporates and you can't breath fucking water vapor.

mojorizen7
06-29-2013, 09:25 PM
What are the dew points like? Relative humidity is meaningless when it comes to comfort. E.g., 52% RH at 95 degrees is hideous while 100% RH at 65 feels fine. The current dewpoint of 40 degrees F in Phoenix must be nice.

My bad,i meant the humidity relative to the other 9 months of the year here....not the actual RH number.
Maybe i've just lived here too long :lol. I just cant stand the summers here anymore. You cant touch anything outside,your AC bill will break your bank,cars dying on the road constantly,swimming pools feel like lukewarm bathwater etc...

It is dry as a bone here all year long,except for a few storms during monsoon season(and December),but like i said...there's just no rain to cool things off anymore and the elevated humidity levels are not making things any better. It does not "feel nice."

Anyone here live in the Northwest? Thats probably where i'll end up in 10 years. Fuck the desert.

leemajors
06-29-2013, 09:30 PM
What are these evaps you're talking about? Meaningless for the San Antonio area anyways I guess, since the dewpoint is consistently below 53 only in the winter usually.

Evaporative coolers I believe. The cooling towels work pretty good if you're near a fan too, even in high humidity.

Thread
06-29-2013, 09:30 PM
An evaporative cooler. A large "box" set outside with vents on the sides. Pads set on the inside of the 4 sides and water is run thru these pads and a fan is on the inside of the box dragging the outside air thru the pads and on into the house. It works great and is less than 1/4 the cost of A/C. I love my old cooler.

CuckingFunt
06-29-2013, 09:36 PM
I know its opposite conventional wisdom, especially since I'm asthmatic, but dry heat fucking sucks. It suuuuuuucks, and I hate it.

Granted, I don't like the heat and humidity we get here in New Orleans during the summer. Not a bit. But I lived ten years in central California where summers are dry as a bone, nary a cloud in the sky, a barely perceptible "delta breeze," several days in a row of 100+, with the hottest temperatures not coming until the evening, and things MAYBE cooling to the high 70s in the middle of the night, and that shit's for the birds. It's relentless. Opening the front door feels like walking into a blast furnace.

More than anything, what I hate living in New Orleans is the blazing, tropical sun. The change in latitude makes it a completely different beast from the sun I was used to in California. But once you come to terms with the fact that summer is just going to be oppressively hot and sweaty no matter what, nights, overcast days, and rainy days don't bother me anywhere near as much as I would have thought before moving here. It's really just the evil sun that scares me back inside.

That said, I lived all those years in central California without air conditioning in my house. I bitched about it, but I survived. I don't think I could do that here. In fact, the two times my central air stopped working last summer, I made it one night before justifying the expense of a hotel room.

CuckingFunt
06-29-2013, 09:39 PM

Yes. Yes it is. After walking the seven whole blocks from the streetcar to work yesterday morning, I was so drenched I had to change clothes in the stock room before opening.

It wasn't until living here that I even knew it was possible for the humidity to be at 100% and it not be raining.

DeadlyDynasty
06-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Yes. Yes it is. After walking the seven whole blocks from the streetcar to work yesterday morning, I was so drenched I had to change clothes in the stock room before opening.

It wasn't until living here that I even knew it was possible for the humidity to be at 100% and it not be raining.
Miami in a nutshell, too. A lot of weather parallels between these two cities. When i lived in Louisiana they used to have a saying, something like: "If you don't like the weather, stick around for a couple minutes." Miami is like that as well--where it can go from sunny to torrential downpour in the blink of an eye. Although, this is the only place I've lived where I've seen it raining in the front yard and have it be dry in the backyard. Just 2 days ago I was driving southbound on the Palmetto and it was raining in the far left lane but dry in the 2 right ones:lol

CuckingFunt
06-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Miami in a nutshell, too. A lot of weather parallels between these two cities. When i lived in Louisiana they used to have a saying, something like: "If you don't like the weather, stick around for a couple minutes." Miami is like that as well--where it can go from sunny to torrential downpour in the blink of an eye. Although, this is the only place I've lived where I've seen it raining in the front yard and have it be dry in the backyard. Just 2 days ago I was driving southbound on the Palmetto and it was raining in the far left lane but dry in the 2 right ones:lol

There was a day last summer I was driving home from Baton Rouge and it was completely dry, but about two car lengths ahead of me I could see a downpour like a wall of water I was about to drive into. It was more like a shower head than a rainstorm. Or like a super-sized version of one of those cartoon rainclouds that just follows one person. One of the craziest looking things I've seen.

leemajors
06-29-2013, 09:57 PM
I have only been to Florida once in the early 90s, but I remember playing golf at Disney World a few times. It rained pretty much on the dot at 3:30 every day hard, but only for 20 minutes. They just advised us to wait and keep playing before we went out. I grew up in quick changing weather in TX but nothing like that.

Blake
06-29-2013, 10:05 PM
An evaporative cooler. A large "box" set outside with vents on the sides. Pads set on the inside of the 4 sides and water is run thru these pads and a fan is on the inside of the box dragging the outside air thru the pads and on into the house. It works great and is less than 1/4 the cost of A/C. I love my old cooler.

Yeah, those are fine in dry climates.

NASpurs
06-29-2013, 10:32 PM
I have only been to Florida once in the early 90s, but I remember playing golf at Disney World a few times. It rained pretty much on the dot at 3:30 every day hard, but only for 20 minutes. They just advised us to wait and keep playing before we went out. I grew up in quick changing weather in TX but nothing like that.

That's how it is in tropical weather. I remember vacationing in Costa Rica a few years ago and 5 o'clock on the dot, it rained like crazy. Technically you didn't need a watch because if it was raining, you knew it was 5 o'clock. :lol

So here in Texas, they said we're going from today with record highs close to 110s and then later this week, the lows are going to be in the mid 60s... which would also be a record. Crazy stuff.

Rogue
06-29-2013, 10:50 PM
I can't remember any time from my childhood when the temperature hit the figure of what? half the boiling point, which's just unbelievable. The earth is fucked and within a few centuries the whole human race will be sleeping in the graves they've dug for themselves

Wild Cobra
06-29-2013, 11:46 PM
And she's wearing that much?

Women here in Portland dress like than when it's in the 60's.

DJR210
06-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Summer has been pretty mild this year with the exception of today, and hitting 107-108 consistently is probably pretty unlikely. 101-102 a lot the next couple of months is a possibility, but honestly that doesn't feel bad with decent AC or even outside unless you're in direct sun. But 108, man fuck that.

Two years ago we had that heatwave that brought periods of three, four days in a row of 105+ degree days. Saw the news talking about another really hot summer similiar to that one this year..July is gonna be a motha fucker

baseline bum
06-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Two years ago we had that heatwave that brought periods of three, four days in a row of 105+ degree days. Saw the news talking about another really hot summer similiar to that one this year..July is gonna be a motha fucker

Two years ago that heatwave was the whole time between about June 1st and mid August; the entire month of June was basically today and tomorrow. I remember all those local weatherman faggots with their correspondence school degrees predicting that kind of summer again a couple of months ago and then we got a spectacularly mild June (even counting today, June has been very cool overall). I don't trust any of their predictions more than 3-4 days out.

tlongII
06-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Global. Warming.

Wild Cobra
06-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Global. Warming.
You live in Portland too, right?

I don't know about you, but I miss global warming. I wish it would come back to our area.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
06-30-2013, 07:41 AM
You live in Portland too, right?

I don't know about you, but I miss global warming. I wish it would come back to our area.
smgdh

Wild Cobra
06-30-2013, 08:06 AM
What types of perps need more than one forum ID?

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 08:52 AM
It was still hot and fucking humid at 9 oclock last night in SA.

Xevious
06-30-2013, 08:56 AM
I can't remember any time from my childhood when the temperature hit the figure of what? half the boiling point, which's just unbelievable. The earth is fucked and within a few centuries the whole human race will be sleeping in the graves they've dug for themselves

I grew up in San Antonio and would spend all day outside every day. We'd come back to the house every once in a while to get a drink out of the water hose, but that's it. Now I feel like sending my kids out to the back yard is a punishment. I really don't know if the weather has changed, or we've just become pampered.

illusioNtEk
06-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Jesus Christ you mother fuckers couldn't wait till Summer arrived and bitched about the cold and how late summer was or if it was ever going to arrive, now that's its summer you cry babys complaining its to hot omfg cry me a fuking river stfu this happens every fucking year its getting old

DeadlyDynasty
06-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Jesus Christ you mother fuckers couldn't wait till Summer arrived and bitched about the cold and how late summer was or if it was ever going to arrive, now that's its summer you cry babys complaining its to hot omfg cry me a fuking river stfu this happens every fucking year its getting old

ahh, It's been awhile since i had a cocaine breakfast

Joyrider
06-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Crofl now it's raining. Fucking San Antonio.

Drachen
06-30-2013, 12:13 PM

It was 89 at 2am last night.

baseline bum
06-30-2013, 12:57 PM
Wow, 76 right now. That's what I'm talking about.

leemajors
06-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow, 76 right now. That's what I'm talking about.

90 in Austin, rained way earlier

Twisted_Dawg
06-30-2013, 02:44 PM

It was 89 at 2am last night.

My AC ran literally non-stop from late morning to 9PM to would never get below 78. Literally didn't stop burning that 220 volts. I've had some trouble with it lately and was sweating it out that it would just make it through the day and night.

DJR210
06-30-2013, 03:29 PM
ahh, It's been awhile since i had a cocaine breakfast

:lol

DJR210
06-30-2013, 03:30 PM
My AC ran literally non-stop from late morning to 9PM to would never get below 78. Literally didn't stop burning that 220 volts. I've had some trouble with it lately and was sweating it out that it would just make it through the day and night.

Window unit boss man, it's sometimes the only way to go, even with central air. You can save a ton of cash cooling only one room too.

johnsmith
06-30-2013, 04:26 PM
The AC thing got me thinking, does anyone buy that American Shield insurance? I think that's the name of it but its supposed to cover all your appliances if they break down....the shit that homeowners doesn't cover. Is it worth it?

Fuck, I may have to start a thread about it.

CuckingFunt
06-30-2013, 08:57 PM

I can't stand having the air conditioner blast nonstop. Too drying. I always try to find a temperature that's cool enough to make sure it comes on intermittently, but high enough that it's not running all day chasing a temperature it will never reach.

mrsmaalox
07-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Damn yesterday was hellish! I went to a show at Gruene Hall last night----there is no AC there! About 300 people in there, dancing and the loud booming speakers adding a level of delirium, and only some ceiling fans. Shitty selection of sl. cool beer, I think I drank about 10 Lonestars, they went down like water, never got a buzz. I was telling my friend who is stationed in Bahrain about it earlier today, and even there it was only 92!

Have no clue what it was like outside today, I was so wasted from last night I couldn't drag myself out of bed ;)

Wild Cobra
07-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Sounds like you need better insulation in the walls.

Spur|n|Austin
07-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Unless you work outdoors for a living, I don't find any point in complaining.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Damn yesterday was hellish! I went to a show at Gruene Hall last night----there is no AC there! About 300 people in there, dancing and the loud booming speakers adding a level of delirium, and only some ceiling fans. Shitty selection of sl. cool beer, I think I drank about 10 Lonestars, they went down like water, never got a buzz. I was telling my friend who is stationed in Bahrain about it earlier today, and even there it was only 92!

Have no clue what it was like outside today, I was so wasted from last night I couldn't drag myself out of bed ;)

:lmao

NEVER go to a big show at Gruene in the summertime. If I absolutely have to go I grab the closest picnic table to the pool tables. It just gets unbearably hot inside.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Only supposed to get to 95 today.

mrsmaalox
07-01-2013, 10:50 AM
:lmao

NEVER go to a big show at Gruene in the summertime. If I absolutely have to go I grab the closest picnic table to the pool tables. It just gets unbearably hot inside.

:lol Now you tell me! I had tweeted to the artist that I was looking forward to his show there and he replied "Keep the threads to a minimum, it's gonna be HOT!!" and I thought he was talking about his show!! ;) Guess I'll reconsider the show I bought tickets for in the middle of July.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2013, 11:06 AM
:lol Now you tell me! I had tweeted to the artist that I was looking forward to his show there and he replied "Keep the threads to a minimum, it's gonna be HOT!!" and I thought he was talking about his show!! ;) Guess I'll reconsider the show I bought tickets for in the middle of July.

Just get there early and grab a picnic table. It's easier getting beer, too...just use the side door by the gate and hit the beer booth from the front...no line there...

Blake
07-01-2013, 11:12 AM

Yup. Like CC, I learned the hard way too about that.

Back in the day, it was freezing in an inner toob on the Guadalupe during the day, clean up at hotel then head to Gristmill, then burn up at Gruene at night.

Good times, but never again.....especially the tubing.

TDMVPDPOY
07-01-2013, 11:14 AM
dont you hate it when u have wankers come over trying to freeload ur air conditioner.... :(

mrsmaalox
07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Just get there early and grab a picnic table. It's easier getting beer, too...just use the side door by the gate and hit the beer booth from the front...no line there...

Well this show was wasn't too crowded, no beer lines and real easy to move around. I ended up commandeering one of the equipment footlockers near the giant fan the blows the side stage, didn't budge from there and was practically on stage. The picnic tables are probably the best way to go, if there is a breeze....

mrsmaalox
07-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Yup. Like CC, I learned the hard way too about that.

Back in the day, it was freezing in an inner toob on the Guadalupe during the day, clean up at hotel then head to Gristmill, then burn up at Gruene at night.

Good times, but never again.....especially the tubing.

We did dinner at the Gristmill before the show, waited for a table for an hour outside in 102 degrees; then got seated outside for dinner :lol

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2013, 12:42 PM
We did dinner at the Gristmill before the show, waited for a table for an hour outside in 102 degrees; then got seated outside for dinner :lol

Should have gone to the Gruene River Grill. Better food, more AC.