PDA

View Full Version : What member of the Toros has the best chance of making the Spurs next year?

$pursDynasty
06-29-2013, 07:27 PM
What current member of the Toros do you expect to get the call up to the main team next year, if any? My pick would be JaMychal Green. He looks like the best of the Toro's big men. He has some offensive moves, size and plays defense. I am clamoring for the Spurs to go get David West but if he stays with the Pacers maybe the Spurs could mold Green into that type of player for the Spurs. For me I'd like to see the Spurs bring up/in an American player because despite how well the Euro players have done for the Spurs, the Spurs need more grit that an American player might provide.

Libri
06-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Maybe he gets to play in SL.

palangi
06-29-2013, 08:03 PM
I agree with jamychal green. especially if the thomas robinson thing doesn't work out. they are basically the same player. he averaged 12.3 points per game 8.9 rebounds per game and 1 block.

he is very athletic and has a good 18 foot jumper. he also is 6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/JaMychal-Green-5124/

palangi
06-29-2013, 08:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Aj0JV-K-M

Chomag
06-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Non, the Spurs Toro system has been a bust. Its a great place to send a player to go to work themselves back after an injury though.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I think spurfan just likes using the word bust.

coachmac87
06-30-2013, 12:51 PM
I think spurfan just likes using the word bust.

Yo Chump!!, who'd be your choice??

Captivus
06-30-2013, 12:54 PM
For those of you that know more than I, ss that Green jumper consistent?

ChumpDumper
06-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Yo Chump!!, who'd be your choice??Since Wilkerson got injured, I guess Green would have the best shot -- infinitesimal as it may be. He just doesn't perform consistently enough yet.

exstatic
06-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Toro players on d-league contracts don't make the Spurs.

AlleyOopNazi
06-30-2013, 05:26 PM
If D. Thomas gives the Spurs any lip or misses preseason activities due to this or an injury, I see him being the first. He could either begin the season there or go down and come back up. Is this not within the parameters asked in this thread?
If not, I couldn't see the Spurs calling up anyone. The Spurs are stacked at SF which seems to be the only thing the current Toro's roster can provide. I think J. Green is a good player with some nice length and adheres to the "system" well, but I feel that half of the Spurs roster would have to go down to injury in order for him to get a 2 week deal or however they do it now-a-days.
So probably not. As said it really is a rehab center for the NBA, being there doesn't recreate NBA basketball because the tallent level is really low.

exstatic
06-30-2013, 06:10 PM
If D. Thomas gives the Spurs any lip or misses preseason activities due to this or an injury, I see him being the first. He could either begin the season there or go down and come back up. Is this not within the parameters asked in this thread?
If not, I couldn't see the Spurs calling up anyone. The Spurs are stacked at SF which seems to be the only thing the current Toro's roster can provide. I think J. Green is a good player with some nice length and adheres to the "system" well, but I feel that half of the Spurs roster would have to go down to injury in order for him to get a 2 week deal or however they do it now-a-days.
So probably not. As said it really is a rehab center for the NBA, being there doesn't recreate NBA basketball because the tallent level is really low.

Spurs refused to draft James SOutherland because he wouldn't go to Europe for a year. That tells me that D. Thomas IS going to Europe, since SA pulled the trigger on him in round 2.

AlleyOopNazi
06-30-2013, 06:16 PM
summer league first, heres to not having to go EU