PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: How good are the Rockets with Dwight?

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 07:54 AM
I think the Rockets will sign Dwight, its a done deal. They have an All Star Cast recruiting Dwight in their first meeting (Morey, McHale, Harden, Olajuwon and Drexler) So how good are they?

2nd Round team? WCF appearance? NBA Champions?

Assuming the core is Harden, Howard, Parsons, Beverly, Asik and perhaps Lin. under McHale, can they beat OKC, Clippers and Memphis in the West? Are they good enough to win a title and beat the Heat?

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 08:03 AM
I think anything is far from a done deal, especially with Dwight. If he comes, they'd be top 3 or 4 in the West. 2nd round maybe WCF. But liike I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

jeebus
06-30-2013, 08:07 AM
They still have that weakness at PG when they start CITA.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Count me on the Start Beverley Team.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 08:15 AM
I think anything is far from a done deal, especially with Dwight. If he comes, they'd be top 3 or 4 in the West. 2nd round maybe WCF. But liike I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree really. Dwight is fickle minded, the fact that the Lakers have the last meeting gives them a slight advantage.

Still, I think Dwight will head to Houston. I could already imagine that meeting. Harden will do a far better job than anyone in the Lakers camp, Olajuwon is just cherry on top.

Also, from Howards camp.

"billboards don't win championships"

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9438077/source-dwight-howard-make-free-agent-choice-based-teams-title-chances

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 08:15 AM

CITA?

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 08:16 AM
CITA?
Chink In The Armor

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 08:18 AM
I do hope he signs though just to see the meltdown at Lakerground, since they think Harden is more of a ballhog than Kobe :lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Rockets were already very very good last year, with a 100% and determined Dwight, I'd pick them over OKC.
djohn2oo8, How's McHale's coaching? I heard he's very hard on players. Not sure if that will play a role since Dwight only like coaches that kisses ass.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Rockets were already very very good last year, with a 100% and determined Dwight, I'd pick them over OKC.
djohn2oo8 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870), How's McHale's coaching? I heard he's very hard on players. Not sure if that will play a role since Dwight only like coaches that kisses ass.
Average really. All he did last year was ISO Harden. I think that had alot to do with Lin being so shitty. Players love playing for him though.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Average really. All he did last year was ISO Harden. I think that had alot to do with Lin being so shitty. Players love playing for him though.

Thanks.

siraulo23
06-30-2013, 09:35 AM
tough to tell, anywhere from top 1-4 i'd say

if howard gets to 100% you got a more talented howard-orlando team, but they cant play lin heavy mins

then you got harden to close the game out instead of hedo...

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2013, 09:37 AM
30m is alot to give up on

let alone that fag has already loss alot of endorsements, how is he going to make up for it? china? lmao even LIN doesnt get much endorsements from china...so dont bank on it, this clown is nothing more than a attention smiley whore....

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 09:40 AM
30m is alot to give up on

let alone that fag has already loss alot of endorsements, how is he going to make up for it? china? lmao even LIN doesnt get much endorsements from china...so dont bank on it, this clown is nothing more than a attention smiley whore....
He wouldn't be giving up 30 million. That has been beaten to death already.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2013, 09:42 AM
He wouldn't be giving up 30 million. That has been beaten to death already.

how is he going to make up that extra 30m given up? suckin LINS peasants dick?

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 09:46 AM
I do hoppe he signs though just to see the meltdown at Lakerground, since they think Harden is more of a ballhog than Kobe :lol

No he is not harden dominates the ball, Kobe hoards shots. But I still don't see Rox as champs with who their best 2 players would be ...Harden/Dwight. Both are good at what they do ...but titles usually won with someone who is either the best player on the planet or gets hot for for a playoff run and enters that Conversation. LeBron, Kobe, Duncan, MJ, Shaq are examples of the former ...Dirk, Pierce Wade the latter. Not sure either Rox star is best player on the planet but with some ft help MAYBE Harden can be a poor man's prime Dwade ...I don't see it, but maybe I'll be proven wrong. My dream scenario is Paul Doc convince him to force a sign and trade to Clips. But a dark part of me wants him to sign in Houston just to watch it fail and for me to be proven right. I know it may not sound it, but despite his shortcomings I would take Dwight back, just not at max $. Again If LeBron can take less to help build a title team, Howard should too cuz he is no where near as good. Kobe should do same, take a lot less. At that max price and number of years I don't want him.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 09:46 AM
how is he going to make up that extra 30m given up? suckin LINS peasants dick?
Howard would pay 15 mil in Taxes if he signed a 5 year deal in L.A, meaning at most he'd miss out on 15 million. However, he would opt out of that 5th year with the Lakers anyway, like most players do. Sign a 4 year deal in Texas for 88 million, he'd make 8 million more in Texas than he would in L.A., which he would make another 8 million over his next deal. He wants to max contracts, one now, and one before the new cba kicks in.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 09:48 AM
No he is not harden dominates the ball, Kobe hoards shots. But I still don't see Rox as champs with who their best 2 players would be ...Harden/Dwight. Both are good at what they do ...but titles usually won with someone who is either the best player on the planet or gets hot for for a playoff run and enters that Conversation. LeBron, Kobe, Duncan, MJ, Shaq are examples of the former ...Dirk, Pierce Wade the latter. Not sure either Rox star is best player on the planet but with some ft help MAYBE Harden can be a poor man's prime Dwade ...I don't see it, but maybe I'll be proven wrong. My dream scenario is Paul Doc convince him to force a sign and trade to Clips. But a dark part of me wants him to sign in Houston just to watch it fail and for me to be proven right. I know it may not sound it, but despite his shortcomings I would take Dwight back, just not at max $. Again If LeBron can take less to help build a title team, Howard should too cuz he is no where near as good. Kobe should do same, take a lot less. At that max price and number of years I don't want him.
:rollin Ok Killa.

DMX7
06-30-2013, 09:48 AM
Orlando Magic 2.0

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 09:57 AM
:rollin Ok Killa.

Dwade was a beast for a few years, and his prime is better than anything we have seen from Harden. I almost put Wade in the first group but he only led his team to one title not two. When I say poor man's maybe that is too harsh. Middle class version sound better? My point being I think Harden is good maybe he pulls a pierce or wade with Dwight playing the KG or Shaq role but I think both duos are superior to what you would have in Houston. Just my opinion don't take it too hard ...

Raven
i think they will sign howard and josh smith. harden as the ball handler and lin as the perimeter shooter, parsons on the wing and the monkeyball combo on the front. a highly athletic very low iq bball team, they may be good but still not better than san antonio or okc.

djohn2oo8
Oh and Killa, Kobe's teams dominated inside the paint, with him being a perimeter player. Every single one of them. So you can't discount Harden because of that.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Dwade was a beast for a few years, and his prime is better than anything we have seen from Harden. I almost put Wade in the first group but he only led his team to one title not two. When I say poor man's maybe that is too harsh. Middle class version sound better? My point being I think Harden is good maybe he pulls a pierce or wade with Dwight playing the KG or Shaq role but I think both duos are superior to what you would have in Houston. Just my opinion don't take it too hard ...
Harden is only 23. Too early to judge.

Venti Quattro
06-30-2013, 10:00 AM
2nd round

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Oh and Killa, Kobe's teams dominanted inside the paint, with him being a perimeter player. Every single one of them. So you can't discount Harden because of that.

Wait what? Are you president of his fan club. If Harden has the career or the peak of anyone of the players I mentioned he is a HOF caliber player. That is not discounting I don't think he is as good as any of them, but that doesn't make him some scrub he maybe the best two guard in the game. The other contenders have crumbled at some point due to age, Manu injury Kobe or decline Wade. Still doesn't change the fact I don't think he is as good as the first two. He does remind me of Manu we will see if he can be as clutch. Both have q
A recent finals choke job on the resume vs the Heat. Now Harden needs to win one.

AchillesHeel
06-30-2013, 10:08 AM
A strong WCF contender but a weak Finals team. They'll still lack D on the perimeter and Harden is a worse defender than Kirby was, Chandler is no prime Artest and Lin flat out sucks on the defensive end.

So basically, Dwight would be their whole defense while he also has to play the highest pace he's ever had to endure. They'd have to completely rebuild their system in order to be a true contender with Dwight, and I think they'd have to move Lin IMO, TBQH.

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Harden is only 23. Too early to judge.

True, but what fun is waiting? I'm a Bruins fan been watching Harden since Arizona State plus I saw him play once in HS great player every level I just don't think HOF, he can prove me wrong. But I'm making a call now. You can bump this when Springfield gives. Him the call, deal?

DPG21920
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Rockets w Dwight > Lakers w Dwight & that's all that matters.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 10:13 AM
True, but what fun is waiting? I'm a Bruins fan been watching Harden since Arizona State plus I saw him play once in HS great player every level I just don't think HOF, he can prove me wrong. But I'm making a call now. You can bump this when Springfield gives. Him the call, deal?
I'm not saying hall of fame, but it's too early to even make a prediction on HOF when he's only had one season of starting. But ok deal.

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Rockets w Dwight > Lakers w Dwight & that's all that matters.

Not only better but tons better, but way to yo out on a fucken limb, short stack?
What is with you lately? 28 seconds has you full of piss and vinegar for Laker fan, when Pop and Manu deserve your wrath. I get that Cully and Kool are fun to fuck with but wanna make sure you're ok, some of your posts lately are far beneath the bar you set, stop slumming.

Kai
06-30-2013, 10:19 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/c/cc/ccbdfd06_tumblr_lyd8kgAjMn1qma1obo1_250.gif

DPG21920
06-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Nah, 28 is not the problem. That trash known as Cull & the non stop spamming by Kool is annoying beyond belief.

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Nah, 28 is not the problem. That trash known as Cull & the non stop spamming by Kool is annoying beyond belief.

Ok, cool you still top shelf, DPG ...

GuerillaBlack
06-30-2013, 10:30 AM

What do you see in his game that you don't like? He is a very good pick n roll player and so is Dwight. Asik fumbled soany passes and harden stupidly tried to throw lobs at him too, but Howard would catch those. Lin is very good at pnr too. Harden needs to play better d and Howard will be in the paint protecting so it'll help out. Rockets would easily be top 3 in the west. Should at least make it to a game 6 or 7 in the second round.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Tbh, I do question how well Bible Kemp fits next to Harden.... playing alongside a ball-dominant 2-guard didn't turn out so well for him this past season....

GuerillaBlack
06-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Where is this ball dominant myth coming from? McHale's dumb ISO plays? Harden is a willing passer and better at it than Kobe ever was tbh

DPG21920
06-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Tbh, I do question how well Bible Kemp fits next to Harden.... playing alongside a ball-dominant 2-guard didn't turn out so well for him this past season....

There's a difference in a ball dominant player and a selfish player. Harden has no problem sharing with Durant.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Where is this ball dominant myth coming from? McHale's dumb ISO plays? Harden is a willing passer and better at it than Kobe ever was tbh
Yeah it's pretty funny. Harden wasn't ball dominant in OKC but now all of a sudden is ball dominant because Lin can't dribble without turning it over? :lol

Harden is a willing passer.

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 10:36 AM
What do you see in his game that you don't like? He is a very good pick n roll player and so is Dwight. Asik fumbled soany passes and harden stupidly tried to throw lobs at him too, but Howard would catch those. Lin is very good at pnr too. Harden needs to play better d and Howard will be in the paint protecting so it'll help out. Rockets would easily be top 3 in the west. Should at least make it to a game 6 or 7 in the second round.

Dwight is good at low pnr less effective out high cuz he can't shoot. When healthy he catches libs but struggled with it last year, needing to gather himself to explode. He gets stripped a ton. But a great defender he dunks string and has a solid left hand runner.
Harden is silky smooth at the top of the arc with a excellent hesitation dribble a streaky but good shooter, great finisher and a very good passer I just don't see best player on the planet or what I see in the guys I mentioned. But he is young and I maybe wrong.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Orlando Magic 2.0

I read this a lot, I thought Orlando was a much more well rounded team with a better coach, but I think Houston is better with Dwight and Harden, simply because Harden is a superstar in the making.

Bynumite
06-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Harden is a willing passer and better at it than Kobe ever was tbh

:lmao No.

Harden is better at creating the illusion of a foul, i'll give him that. Kobe's better in every other department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ye3D2nagUs

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 11:28 AM
:lmao No.

Harden is better at creating the illusion of a foul, i'll give him that. Kobe's better in every other department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ye3D2nagUs

Harden's first season of starting - 5.8 APG
Kobe - I don't think you even want to know

BTW, Kobe average under 5 assists per game for 8 seasons.

:lmao Career 4.8 Assists per game.
:lmao idea that Kobe is a willing passer

Thread
06-30-2013, 11:30 AM
:lmao idea that Kobe is a willing passer

Artest found him willing 17 June 2010.

tee, hee.

LethalLebron
06-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Theyd be 3rd best in the West n some chemistry or role player breakin out away from being as good as SA and Okla.

What r they gonna do wit Asik tho? And Lin should b a bench guy.

InRareForm
06-30-2013, 11:37 AM
I think Dwight is going to extremely good this year. He won't be warming up being "injured". And the second half of his season with Lakeres was elite (at least on D and moving much better).

LethalLebron
06-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Ya n he should b motivated from all the hate n embarrassment. It always helps to not play wit Kobe anymore:lol

I think Dallas wit Howard would be 3rd best in the West too. They would have been as good as HTown if Dirk was healthy all season.

Captivus
06-30-2013, 11:46 AM
IMO
I think they could be really good.
The Rockets had a very young team, they didnt have time to train, many players coming in the last minute...
They will be better next season, Lin will improve and team chemistry also.
If Lin starts playing a little better (he wasnt as bad as many say, per 36 he is 15pts / 7 ass / 3.5 reb / 1.8 ste and 3 TO. His % are a little low, if he improves that (more open looks) and with Harden and Parsons scoring like crazy and Asik and D12...mmm....nice.
I like the Rockets if they add D12, their second unit had problems in the paint (Montejiunas didnt play a lot but he could be very good).
As an NBA fan im excited to see them play, they were in my very short list of games to watch.

illusioNtEk
06-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Dwight and Harden will be an amazing duo, Harden has amazing ball handling skills which can make him a point guard, I really hope Chris Paul don't sign with them... I want Harden running the show!

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2013, 12:11 PM
with this signing, they are still 1st round fodder man

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Rockets going all in...

The Houston Rockets have waived Aaron Brooks and Carlos Delfino.
The Rockets were unable to find a trading partner to deal other player and were forced to waive them to clear cap space.
The Rockets are pursuing Dwight Howard and need to offer a max contract.
Houston is also looking to unload Thomas Robinson to clear addition space.

I was surprised Delfino was waived, he seems to be a solid role player hitting that 3.

marinoman
06-30-2013, 03:24 PM
http://i.minus.com/iqgwxIwkxamEI.gif

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Rockets going all in...

The Rockets were unable to find a trading partner to deal other player and were forced to waive them to clear cap space.

I was surprised Delfino was waived, he seems to be a solid role player hitting that 3.

They had to. But he might be willing to come back for less.

Killakobe81
06-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Rockets going all in...

Delfino is injured but when healthy I agree good player wanted him last off-season, Lakers were stupid not to sign him when they let Barnes walk.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 03:33 PM
They had to. But he might be willing to come back for less.

Yeah, someone said their contracts are guaranteed if they're not waived today. Man, I'm 100% sure Dwight will be in Houston. There's so much positive vibes and he has a bigger opportunity there than anywhere else.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Delfino is injured but when healthy I agree good player wanted him last off-season, Lakers were stupid not to sign him when they let Barnes walk.

He's a FA now, would be perfect for MDA's system tbh.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 03:52 PM
I wonder what Kobe's sales pitch will be for Dwight. There's no doubt in my mind, if the Lakers wants any sort of chances of re-signing Dwight, Kobe has to go there and say "Look, I have a torn achilles and I'm a TOSB, Dwight, young fella, the franchise is yours"

Thread
06-30-2013, 03:58 PM
I wonder what Kobe's sales pitch will be for Dwight. There's no doubt in my mind, if the Lakers wants any sort of chances of re-signing Dwight, Kobe has to go there and say "Look, I have a torn achilles and I'm a TOSB, Dwight, young fella, the franchise is yours"

"Turn around and put both hands flat on the back of that chair."

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2013, 04:10 PM
"Turn around and put both hands flat on the back of that chair."

:lol Had the same thing in mind.

From a tweet

"It'd be great if Kobe recruits Dwight like Bob Knight recruited son: Throw contract on table and say "Sign it. Or don't. I don't care."

Suspect
06-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Think rockets should try to get AK47 as well

and perhaps rondo

Thread
06-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Think rockets should try to get AK47 as well

and perhaps rondo

Remember when his wife let him have strange wool once a year? Hot damn. I'd exercise my restraint (if I had an ounce) and wait till the end of the year in late December then get it. After the 1st I'd get it again.

djohn2oo8
06-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Remember when his wife let him have strange wool once a year? Hot damn. I'd exercise my restraint (if I had an ounce) and wait till the end of the year in late December then get it. After the 1st I'd get it again.
:lol and his wife is aint bad

http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Andrei-Kirilenkos-Wife-Masha.jpg

Suspect
06-30-2013, 06:01 PM
my nigga, you're on my ignore list. stop quoting me lol

Thread
06-30-2013, 06:10 PM
:lol and his wife is aint bad

http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Andrei-Kirilenkos-Wife-Masha.jpg

I couldn't do much in my present state, but, I'd still let her sit on my face for an extended period.

irishock
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
my nigga, you're on my ignore list. stop quoting me lol

Only Pussies and Assholes use the ignore list.

Suspect
06-30-2013, 07:32 PM
polly want a cracker