PDA

View Full Version : What coach will Popped let himself get worked by in the 2014 playoffs?

Fabbs
06-30-2013, 12:41 PM
08 Phil J
09 Jim Carey
10 Alvin Gentry
11 Lionel Hollins
12 Scott Brooks
13 Erik Spoelstra thanks Multimoderator >> Philly ******

Strivin for Seven
Believe.

Baam
06-30-2013, 12:44 PM
Brian Shaw, in his first year as a HC tbh

Johnny RIngo
06-30-2013, 12:52 PM
08 Phil J
09 Jim Carey
10 Alvin Gentry
11 Lionel Hollins
12 Scott Brooks

Strivin for Seven
Believe.

How the fuck did you forget 2006? That's probably Pop's all-time most embarrassing series...He had the best player(Duncan put up beast stats), the deeper team and he still managed to get butt-fucked by Avery Johnson. I'm more angry about 2006 than I am 2013. Spurs never should have been in the position they were to beat Miami considering the Heat had homecourt and the best player in the league. We were fortunate that Danny Green had a historic series from beyond the arc. In '06, we were defending champs, had the best player on the court, had homecourt and still lost to a mentally weak Mavs team. Interestingly enough, Ginobili fucked us over back then as well.

I don't blame Pop for 2010 - Suns were better that year and had homecourt. 2011 is more Parker's fault and a combination of injuries to Duncan/Ginobili.

Fabbs
06-30-2013, 12:56 PM
^^ oh i agree.
But he *redeemed* himself with that tough as nails victory over that dynamo coach Mr Potatoe Head in 2007. :rolleyes
So i am just speaking of his current streak.

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Stupid thread. Looking forward to the day when all these cliff divers get bored of this.

Fabbs
06-30-2013, 01:02 PM
^^ This latest troll of yours is one of the stupidest ones yet.

Gospursel
06-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Lemme get this straight....we would have a championship every year if it weren't for pop?

Johnny RIngo
06-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Lemme get this straight....we would have a championship every year if it weren't for pop?

No. I'm not convinced a one-man team like the '04 Spurs would have made a dent against the '04 Pistons. '08 Spurs were gassed after NO and had too much dead weight on the roster. SA were never contenders in 2009, 2010, or 2011. 2012 and 2013 were Parker-led teams so they were doomed to failure as soon as TP had to go up against an athletic backcourt. TP has never been a great playoff performer or an adequate first option and he's proven it these past two years.

Spurs should have been champions in 2006 though - Never really bought those Mavs as a legit team after the '06 Finals collapse and the embarrassing first round exit in '07. Duncan was in his prime, Parker/Ginobili were healthy, homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs. The retarded playoff seeding(forcing the two teams with the best record in the Western Conference to meet in the second round) in combination with Pop's horrible coaching cost us that year.

Blake
06-30-2013, 01:24 PM
What's being served at the pollyfabbs multi pop hater tea party?

Kool Bob Love
06-30-2013, 01:30 PM
08 Phil J
09 Jim Carey
10 Alvin Gentry
11 Lionel Hollins
12 Scott Brooks

Strivin for Seven
Believe.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/78614d44c8f674c7f4d5477a1a19d23e/tumblr_mg30g25ICA1rluc2zo1_250.gif
http://i.qkme.me/3pm6dv.jpg
http://memecrunch.com/meme/585S/gregg-popovich/image.png
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/339048/gregg-popovich-approved-o.gif

Kool Bob Love
06-30-2013, 01:35 PM
^^ This latest troll of yours is one of the stupidest ones yet.

Keep the bitching about Pop coming OP. I love it tho.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/235668489.gif

Gospursel
06-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Cool, so there are other reasons the spurs haven't won a championship every year - I'm trying to find out if the OP actually believes, as he states, that all of the years that didn't end with a championship ended because pop got out coached. Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?

Bill_Brasky
06-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Entitlement of Lakerlike proportions.....

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
OP is a spoiled little bitch

purist
06-30-2013, 02:40 PM
08 Phil J
09 Jim Carey
10 Alvin Gentry
11 Lionel Hollins
12 Scott Brooks

Strivin for Seven
Believe.
Your mom?

silverblk mystix
06-30-2013, 02:54 PM
08 Phil J
09 Jim Carey
10 Alvin Gentry
11 Lionel Hollins
12 Scott Brooks

Strivin for Seven
Believe.

I will call it right now.

Doc Rivers

It will suck to be right. Again.

and again.

and...

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 02:56 PM

Doc Rivers

and again.

and...

:lmao

elmanutres
06-30-2013, 02:59 PM

Doc Rivers

and again.

and...
lets be real, doc ain't gonna make that one dimensional team a title contender. clippers will only get a bumped a seed or two but thats it.

silverblk mystix
06-30-2013, 03:03 PM
lets be real, doc ain't gonna make that one dimensional team a title contender. clippers will only get a bumped a seed or two but thats it.

(*note to self: remember to bump thread*)

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 03:07 PM

You can bump it when we win the title next year

elmanutres
06-30-2013, 03:09 PM
like we're supposed to be scared of a poor man's vince carter and the 2nd best flopper in the league

Johnny RIngo
06-30-2013, 03:28 PM

:lol Spurs won't even make the Finals next year. This year we needed a Westbrook injury and Duncan having an all-time great comeback season just to make the Finals. Don't be surprised when one of Parker/Duncan/Ginobili goes down with an injury during the playoffs resulting in a second round exit.

We had our shot this year and Manu blew it. Hell, we had Danny Green playing way over his head just to make up for the lack of production from Manure. Let him retire and play basketball in Argentina...that seems to be more of a priority for him these days anyway.

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 03:43 PM
:lol Spurs won't even make the Finals next year. This year we needed a Westbrook injury and Duncan having an all-time great comeback season just to make the Finals. Don't be surprised when one of Parker/Duncan/Ginobili goes down with an injury during the playoffs resulting in a second round exit.

We had our shot this year and Manu blew it. Hell, we had Danny Green playing way over his head just to make up for the lack of production from Manure. Let him retire and play basketball in Argentina...that seems to be more of a priority for him these days anyway.

no

Vash StampedE
06-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Mike Brown

Vash StampedE
06-30-2013, 04:10 PM
oh, D'Antoni rather.

Nathan89
06-30-2013, 04:13 PM
"Hey Tim Duncan why don't you sit on the bench like Indiana did to Hibbert so we can win this game."-- Coach Pop

Fabbs
07-01-2013, 03:56 PM
:rollin
you'll have moved on to making at least 500 more troll accounts for yourself, but yeah, silvermystik has you on bookmark.

Budkin
07-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Marc Jackson

tesseractive
07-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Doc Rivers

and again.

and...
So you're saying that before the playoffs, you picked that the Spurs would make it all the way to the Finals and wrote at the time that the only reason they'd lose to the heavily favored Heat is because Pop sucks? Good job! :tu

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
^^ oh i agree.
But he *redeemed* himself with that tough as nails victory over that dynamo coach Mr Potatoe Head in 2007. :rolleyes
So i am just speaking of his current streak.
Stupid thread. Looking forward to the day when all these cliff divers get bored of this.All the Manu fan boys and Popsuckers to the rescue.

http://thehelpsychgazette.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/superman.jpg

silverblk mystix
07-01-2013, 08:36 PM
So you're saying that before the playoffs, you picked that the Spurs would make it all the way to the Finals and wrote at the time that the only reason they'd lose to the heavily favored Heat is because Pop sucks? Good job! :tu

Nope, this is what I was right about;

Last season (2012) I stated that Pop was the biggest obstacle to the spurs winning a title and I asked the question;

"Can the Spurs win a title - in spite of Pop?"

Pop got worked by scotti brooks in 2012 - so I was right - even though i got flamed and all the popsuckers got their panties all twisted up...

Fast forward to 2013 - and all the Popsuckers kept bumping that thread when it looked like the Spurs were about to win a title - WITH POP at the helm....

until...

Pop happened.

So I was right - yet again.

Now I am telling you that Doc Rivers will work Pop in the playoffs NEXT YEAR. And I will be right again.

Kinda sucks to be right - but Pop is the gift that keeps on giving.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 08:38 PM

Last season (2012) I stated that Pop was the biggest obstacle to the spurs winning a title and I asked the question;

Pop got worked by scotti brooks in 2012 - so I was right - even though i got flamed and all the popsuckers got their panties all twisted up...

Fast forward to 2013 - and all the Popsuckers kept bumping that thread when it looked like the Spurs were about to win a title - WITH POP at the helm....

until...

Pop happened.

Now I am telling you that Doc Rivers will work Pop in the playoffs NEXT YEAR. And I will be right again.

Kinda sucks to be right - but Pop is the gift that keeps on giving.I am your newest fan. You seem like you have very realistic perspective when it comes to the Spurs, just like myself.

tesseractive
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM

until...

Pop happened.

Kinda sucks to be right - but Pop is the gift that keeps on giving.
So you made a prediction -- Spurs don't win the 2013 title -- that if it were a bet in Vegas, it would pay out something like 1:50 odds? Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 08:41 PM
So you made a prediction -- Spurs don't win the 2013 title -- that if it were a bet in Vegas, it would pay out something like 1:50 odds? Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus.Hey he's not a homer like most of you Popsuckers and Manu fan boys that have a "lets stay pat, no changes needed, offer Manu a $7M contract, Tiago a $10M contract, and develop CoJo" attitude.

silverblk mystix
07-01-2013, 08:46 PM
So you made a prediction -- Spurs don't win the 2013 title -- that if it were a bet in Vegas, it would pay out something like 1:50 odds? Don't quit your day job, Nostradamus.

You are not very bright are you?

Two years in a row - I said that POP would fuck up the Spurs chances for a title - and the Spurs would have to win IN SPITE OF POP.

Scotti Brooks - all of 16 years old - puts Sefalosha on Parker - and Pop shits the fuckin bed- after young Scotti spots Pop two games.

Next year all the Popsuckers are frothing at the mouth and their vaginas are moist with "pop-love" and what happens?

Pop shits the bed in game 6.

I am giving you a free long-range prediction for next year and you are sitting here with your pop-suckin-thumb up your ass and talking about vegas odds?

Just stop before you embarrass yourself further.

silverblk mystix
07-01-2013, 08:48 PM
I am your newest fan. You seem like you have very realistic perspective when it comes to the Spurs, just like myself.

Thanks- TGY - but - Blake is my biggest fan - he has bumped about 100 of my posts/threads - but unfortunately for him - it backfired - and he looked stupid when...

yup....you guessed it....

POP HAPPENED!

:lol

tesseractive
07-01-2013, 08:52 PM
You are not very bright are you?

Two years in a row - I said that POP would fuck up the Spurs chances for a title - and the Spurs would have to win IN SPITE OF POP.

Scotti Brooks - all of 16 years old - puts Sefalosha on Parker - and Pop shits the fuckin bed- after young Scotti spots Pop two games.

Next year all the Popsuckers are frothing at the mouth and their vaginas are moist with "pop-love" and what happens?

Pop shits the bed in game 6.

I am giving you a free long-range prediction for next year and you are sitting here with your pop-suckin-thumb up your ass and talking about vegas odds?

Just stop before you embarrass yourself further.
Since you can (and you do) always blame anything bad that happens on the coach, you have produced a hypothesis that is only falsifiable in the event that the Spurs win a title.

Spurs go 20-62? It's Pop's fault for [fill in the blank]. Spurs lose in the first round? Pop's fault. Lose in the WCFs? Pop's fault? Kawhi Leonard misses a free throw to secure a title? Pop's fault. Get swept? Pop's fault. Take it to 7? Pop's fault. The team plane crashes? Pop's fault.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Since you can (and you do) always blame anything bad that happens on the coach, you have produced a hypothesis that is only falsifiable in the event that the Spurs win a title.

Spurs go 20-62? It's Pop's fault for [fill in the blank]. Spurs lose in the first round? Pop's fault. Lose in the WCFs? Pop's fault? Kawhi Leonard misses a free throw to secure a title? Pop's fault. Get swept? Pop's fault. Take it to 7? Pop's fault. The team plane crashes? Pop's fault.LMAO I like how you mentioned Kawhi's missed free throw instead of Manu's 8 legendary turnovers and Pop shittin* the bed in Game 6. You sure are blind as fuc*. Can you make your love for Pop and Manu any more obvious?

silverblk mystix
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Spurs go 20-62? It's Pop's fault for [fill in the blank]. Spurs lose in the first round? Pop's fault. Lose in the WCFs? Pop's fault? Kawhi Leonard misses a free throw to secure a title? Pop's fault. Get swept? Pop's fault. Take it to 7? Pop's fault. The team plane crashes? Pop's fault.

If you could see- you would see what has happened in

You can also see how Pop is keeping Bonner - rather than looking for a "player"

If you cannot see the dementia in progress with coach Pop - you will never see.

Spurs fans are grateful for 4 rings under Pop because they don't feel they deserve more. I am pissed that - because of Pop - the Spurs don't have 6-7- or 8 rings under Tim Duncan.

All you have to do is watch the games and watch the coaching.

tesseractive
07-01-2013, 09:00 PM
LMAO I like how you mentioned Kawhi's missed free throw instead of Manu's 8 legendary turnovers and Pop shittin* the bed in Game 6. You sure are blind as fuc*. Can you make your love for Pop and Manu any more obvious?
There are a million different things that would have changed the outcome of that game given how close it was. If Ray Allen has a bad burrito for lunch, we're probably the champions. No one thing is the sole or primary "cause". Nevertheless, it is true that regardless of everything that happened before, if Kawhi hits that free throw, we win.

Marrow
07-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey he's not a homer like most of you Popsuckers and Manu fan boys that have a "lets stay pat, no changes needed, offer Manu a $7M contract, Tiago a $10M contract, and develop CoJo" attitude.

The reason the spurs contend year after year is that they build on what they have already developed. Their roster is very flexible and easily adaptable due to the FO's forward thinking in how they acquire and sign players/draftpicks

You essentially build on what works and add pieces that make the team better. If you want to swing fo the fences in every draft, FA period you will ultimately turn into a perenial lottery bound team that is consistently pedalling the "rebuilding the team" mantra...see bobcats, twolves, bucks

This "championship sustainability" that the spurs have developed is unique and is exactly what sets them apart from the rest of the poorly run franchises in the NBA. My advice would be for you to lay off the fertiliser beacuse the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side.

Marrow
07-01-2013, 09:25 PM
If you could see- you would see what has happened in

You can also see how Pop is keeping Bonner - rather than looking for a "player"

If you cannot see the dementia in progress with coach Pop - you will never see.

Spurs fans are grateful for 4 rings under Pop because they don't feel they deserve more. I am pissed that - because of Pop - the Spurs don't have 6-7- or 8 rings under Tim Duncan.

All you have to do is watch the games and watch the coaching.

You need to come to the realisation that it is extremely hard to contend every year, let alone win a championship ...I'm sure the teams we played in the playoffs during our championship runs could all say similar things about their coaching and how they could pinpoint key plays where they feel their chances had been dashed.

Band-aid solutions and knee-jerk reactions don't fix the problem, and only cause further headaches down the road

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 01:22 PM

Doc Rivers

and again.

and...
Silver

:lol

MultiTroll
03-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Welp, the OP was wrong about 2014. :lol