PDA

View Full Version : check out these opinions of Spurstalk.com

210baller
06-30-2013, 02:28 PM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=162272

210baller
06-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I hate to say it but I have to agree. flame all you want but when I read the way some of you guys name call each other I get embarrassed for you. that's all....carry on.

stephen jackson
06-30-2013, 02:31 PM
good.

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 02:32 PM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=162272

There was like, one actual opinion. Why should we give a damn?

And just for the hell of things I'll say this:

I will ALWAYS take a little-to-non moderated forum over a heavily moderated place. Why? Go have a look at the official Dallas Cowboys forums. That place is Nazi Germany.

210baller
06-30-2013, 02:32 PM
better.

spursince#99
06-30-2013, 02:33 PM
I actually have to agree.

RD2191
06-30-2013, 02:38 PM
:wakeup

BatManu20
06-30-2013, 02:38 PM
I agree with them tbh.

8FOR!3
06-30-2013, 02:45 PM
SpursTalk is pretty anything goes for a sports message board. And the trolls are the only racists on this site. It's not like regular members are here talking racist. I think there's actually a good troll/regular poster mix here. The trolls aren't TOO over the top to ruin the site.

elmanutres
06-30-2013, 02:56 PM
they forgot the cliffdiving part

Keepin' it real
06-30-2013, 02:56 PM
A plethora of foul mouthed losers on this site. The lack of forum moderators makes it downright embarrassing ... for the losers who can't help themselves. They should be banned. It's fun to discuss Spurs topics, but several of you take the fun out of it.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-30-2013, 03:06 PM
SpursTalk is the greatest fourm on the interwebs tbqh. The freedom of speach here is beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes.

RD2191
06-30-2013, 03:32 PM
A plethora of foul mouthed losers on this site. The lack of forum moderators makes it downright embarrassing ... for the losers who can't help themselves. They should be banned. It's fun to discuss Spurs topics, but several of you take the fun out of it.

:cry

DPG21920
06-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes it's great that ST is not heavily moderated, but its quite obvious racism is a problem. There is a reason they tried to implement system changes to moderate the racism unlike ever before.

Gospursel
06-30-2013, 04:10 PM
This is the only sport forum I'm a part of, what would more moderating look like? Fewer offensive posts? Fewer straight up stupid posts?

Darkwaters
06-30-2013, 05:07 PM
We're apparently all just a bunch of racists.

But at least we don't live in LA.

Juggity
06-30-2013, 05:20 PM

Sounds like you're looking for SpursReport

HI-FI
06-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes it's great that ST is not heavily moderated, but its quite obvious racism is a problem. There is a reason they tried to implement system changes to moderate the racism unlike ever before.
But why is racism always the cardinal sin? There are some really bad things said on here in general, some peeps who go after personal info as well, not to mention some trolls are better off banned, though quite a few are funny. Btw, I'm no innocent, I've said bad shit as well. Just don't understand where the line is being drawn.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah, go to Spursreport if you are feeling fascistic. And SMD.

DPG21920
06-30-2013, 05:28 PM
But why is racism always the cardinal sin? There are some really bad things said on here in general, some peeps who go after personal info as well, not to mention some trolls are better off banned, though quite a few are funny. Btw, I'm no innocent, I've said bad shit as well. Just don't understand where the line is being drawn.

I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that racism is the cardinal sin. I just think it's the most rampant thing going on that would be considered uncouth which is why they focused on it.

baseline bum
06-30-2013, 05:31 PM

STFU cracker tbh

ducks
06-30-2013, 05:35 PM
this was a better site when mod better but it is still the best

Gospursel
06-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Spurstalk has such high activity and enough insightful contributions that it puts spursreport to shame. I put up with the sewer of crap for the gold nuggets and constant flow of interaction. I will say, our crap/gold nugget ratio has been mighty bad recently

HI-FI
06-30-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't think (and this is just my opinion) that racism is the cardinal sin. I just think it's the most rampant thing going on that would be considered uncouth which is why they focused on it.
I agree. I just think whatever rules are established, if any, it should be simple and consistently enforced. But if they want to keep things the same, I'm fine with that as well.

210baller
06-30-2013, 09:59 PM
This is the only sport forum I'm a part of, what would more moderating look like? Fewer offensive posts? Fewer straight up stupid posts?
yes.

manufan10
06-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Why do people in here complain about ST yet continue to post here? If you don't like it then go find another forum to be a part of. It's really that simple.

UnWantedTheory
06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
I hate to say it but I have to agree. flame all you want but when I read the way some of you guys name call each other I get embarrassed for you. that's all....carry on.

So a couple of Lakers fans call us racist & that is suppose to be meaningful how? It isn't just a Spurstalk generalization. It is a Texas stereotype. Who gives a fuck? Almost absolute freedom of speech is what makes this site amazing. We all make the choice to visit or not. If it is so unbearable then those who get offended should leave with their 10 post count & spend their own time moderating their own site.

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Why do people in here complain about ST yet continue to post here? If you don't like it then go find another forum to be a part of. It's really that simple.
Why do people complain about Matt Bonner and cheer for the Spurs? There are 29 Bonner-free teams in the league if you don't like him.

There are lots of things to like about ST, but some problems due to the lack of moderation. There are other (non-Spurs) forums on the internet that manage to be a lot more open than SR without the same level of offensive posts as are here. I think it's pretty fair game to like a website, and still have some things about it that you don't like.

Keepin' it real
06-30-2013, 10:45 PM

So you never complain about your family, your friends, your government/country, etc? I guess not because otherwise you'd be in a different country with different folks.

210baller
06-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Who gives a fuck?
Case and point. :clap

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 11:00 PM
People want to be free until they realize that everyone else might be.

This country participated in a war because of fuckers like you. Fuck you.

UnWantedTheory
06-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Case and point. :clap

So because I am not easily offended & I used the word "fuck", that somehow proves your point of racism and "name calling" ?

UnWantedTheory
06-30-2013, 11:07 PM
So you never complain about your family, your friends, your government/country, etc? I guess not because otherwise you'd be in a different country with different folks.

Apples/Oranges.

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 11:10 PM
People want to be free until they realize that everyone else might be.

This country participated in a war because of fuckers like you. Fuck you.
Freedom does not mean the same thing as an absence of rules.

Except in, you know, Somalia.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Freedom does not mean the same thing as an absence of rules.

Except in, you know, Somalia.

Rules?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Fuck you Spurs fan.

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Rules?

Fuck you Spurs fan.
And see, I didn't even realize that this forum was being run by Congress. The things you find out....

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Where are the servers you commie?

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Where are the servers you commie?
They're in the Capitol building? Really?

Also, "commie"? Huh?

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 11:25 PM
These United States. Read or scroll.

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 11:28 PM
These United States. Read or scroll.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Doesn't say that private spaces, physical or virtual, shall not make such restrictions. Just that Congress shall not.

Keepin' it real
06-30-2013, 11:28 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/7e3e9f0b9974b159c6a7b98d5a3b0fda/tumblr_mgys8fpLFz1qzvt32o1_1280.png

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Doesn't say that private spaces, physical or virtual, shall not make such restrictions. Just that Congress shall not.

and I though Jazz fan was stupid.

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 11:31 PM
and I though Jazz fan was stupid.
By all means, enlighten me.

Marcus Bryant
06-30-2013, 11:33 PM
You wanted rules for freedom. There they are. Those aren't rules to not be offended when your ass is surfing.

Get the fuck out of here.

UnWantedTheory
06-30-2013, 11:34 PM
It also doesn't say we have to....

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 11:55 PM
You wanted rules for freedom. There they are. Those aren't rules to not be offended when your ass is surfing.
Great rules for running a country. Not the only possible rules for running a website.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2013, 12:05 AM
The Constitution does not stop with the government, Tinkerbell.

tesseractive
07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
The Constitution does not stop with the government, Tinkerbell.
The Constitution governs what the federal government can do. The 14th Amendment applies many of these laws to the states. But the restrictions that apply to government entities do not automatically apply to private entities.

For example, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," but private organizations -- such as churches -- are obviously allowed to do so.

jestersmash
07-01-2013, 12:48 AM
The funniest guy on LG is a user named Jeffs. I can't imagine another individual being anymore irrational or unprincipled in his or her assessment of rival players on non-Laker teams.

Sometimes I visit LG just to read his posts so I can get quick chuckle, tbh :lol

jestersmash
07-01-2013, 12:49 AM
And....apparently we're talking about the Constitution right now. Guess I missed a few posts :lol

marinoman
07-01-2013, 12:54 AM
i just saw a thread titled the faggotry thread, they may have a slight point

TheyCallMePro
07-01-2013, 01:09 AM
You gotta be kidding me. I love this site. People actually make intelligent and well thought out posts here. There are very few trolls on this site. The only one I can really think of is hater.

The only other sports forum site I go to is shaggybevo.com. Just for the humor though. There's very little quality conversation going on. That's one of the reasons I like this site so much. You're not trolled for putting your thoughts out there. Seriously, this is the most mature site I've come across.

Darkwaters
07-01-2013, 05:50 AM
i just saw a thread titled the faggotry thread, they may have a slight point

Since when does "faggotry" have anything to do with race?

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 05:55 AM
There was like, one actual opinion. Why should we give a damn?

And just for the hell of things I'll say this:

I will ALWAYS take a little-to-non moderated forum over a heavily moderated place. Why? Go have a look at the official Dallas Cowboys forums. That place is Nazi Germany.LOL you would be more than welcomed on a heavily moderated forum. Those type of forums welcome sports homers like yourself.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 05:57 AM
A plethora of foul mouthed losers on this site. The lack of forum moderators makes it downright embarrassing ... for the losers who can't help themselves. They should be banned. It's fun to discuss Spurs topics, but several of you take the fun out of it.And let me guess that you're probably another one of those Spurs homers that cannot tolerate us fans criticizing Pop and Manu? In other words, are you one of them Popsuckers and Manu fan boys?

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 08:59 AM
the funniest part is most of the vulgar and racist posters here arent even fucking spurs fans :lol

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 09:01 AM

take that pussy shit to spursreport fkn wanker

tim_duncan_fan
07-01-2013, 11:00 AM
The racism is prett pretty pathetic, but it's mostly just fat/unathletic/unsuccessful types who are pissed/jealous because a bunch of niggas get paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game.

I encountered this shit at work during the NFL lockout. The true racism will come out of an hourly worker when you tell him a bunch of black dudes won't immediately agree to play ball for a couple million dollars less on their multimillion dollar contracts. The butthurt gets palpable.

InRareForm
07-01-2013, 11:07 AM
You have to sift through all the bullshit, racist, troll garbage here and it's basically the best message board tbh..

Bill_Brasky
07-01-2013, 11:19 AM
the funniest part is most of the vulgar and racist posters here arent even fucking spurs fans :lol

Crofl yeah most of the racism is downstairs, when it does come upstairs it's people making fun of Mexicans in SA.

OP is a LG user apparently.....pretty fuckin sad that you actually visit that site OP....

Beaverfuzz
07-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Fuck you!

DAF86
07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Honky
nˇgger
chink
b3aner
faggot
pussy
fuck
dick
ass
pee
poo
tits

I feel better now.

DPG21920
07-01-2013, 01:42 PM
You are from South America...Racism is still normal there.

phxspurfan
07-01-2013, 01:46 PM
You have to sift through all the bullshit, racist, troll garbage here and it's basically the best message board tbh..

Not sure about the second part since I don't post on any other boards, but you definitely have to sift through a lot of BS here. But who cares, ST rocks (for now).

spurraider21
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
ST becomes great when you learn to love the "ignore list" function

DAF86
07-01-2013, 01:50 PM
You are from South America...Racism is still normal there.

Yeah, we wait with guns on the border and kill illegal immigrants down here. No wait... that's right, there isn't such thing as an illegal immigrant here, everybody is free to just come here without the risk of being locked in or shot.

timtonymanu
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Was just about to say this. Dumbass outsiders always think this site is 100% Spurs fans.

DPG21920
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Yeah, we wait with guns on the border and kill illegal immigrants down here. No wait... that's right, there isn't such thing as an illegal immigrant here, everybody is free to just come here without the risk of being locked in or shot.

lol