PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Nab Bargnani for Camby, Novak and Multiple Picks

cd021
06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
The East continues to improve, The Knicks moved Camby (who is possibly going to retire), Novak an excellent floor spacing big and a future 1st and 2nd rounder. N.Y gets Bargnani who can give them depth at PF. He is a career 15pt, 5 reb., 36%3pt shooter. He can be paired with Stoudemire or Chandler while stepping away from the basket opening driving lanes for Anthony and (likely) Jr. Smith. Good move IMO.

Spurs POV-The Knicks manage to remain an outside threat to win the East. IMO they are they Grizzles or Nuggets of their conference. A lucky break could propel them farther in the postseason. Any team that challenges the incumbent champion is there conference is welcome too. Miami won 66 games and 27 straight en route to the best mark in the NBA. Their Home-court advantage was, obviously, an advantage. they went 3-1 at home in the finals and 3-1 in the ECF. More competition in the regular season will hopefully keep them from running a way from the rest of the league. Indiana, Chicago (presumably) and Brooklyn along with Knicks all look like more legitimate threats than a week ago. The Spurs need home court if they manage to return to the finals (a realistic goal)

By the way my auto correct initially fixed Stoudimire with "Semi-Retired" I think that may be foreboding...

benefactor
06-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Hey...grey fucker...there is a free agency thread for a reason.

fleggy2k2
06-30-2013, 08:19 PM

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/marchtrpt4bhs/GIFs/tumblr_ljf5a9HgrH1qi3h06o1_500.gif

playblair
06-30-2013, 08:20 PM
The East continues to improve, The Knicks moved Camby (who is possibly going to retire), Novak an excellent floor spacing big and a future 1st and 2nd rounder. N.Y gets Bargnani who can give them depth at PF. He is a career 15pt, 5 reb., 36%3pt shooter. He can be paired with Stoudemire or Chandler while stepping away from the basket opening driving lanes for Anthony and (likely) Jr. Smith. Good move IMO.

By the way my auto correct intially fixed Stoudimire with "Semi-Retired" I think that may be foreboding...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/marchtrpt4bhs/GIFs/tumblr_ljf5a9HgrH1qi3h06o1_500.gif

http://i.imgur.com/UdTfs.gif

The Reckoning
06-30-2013, 08:21 PM
BARGNNNNNAAAAAAANNNI. he's mookie's dreamboat.

dude carried toronto for a couple of years. itll be interesting to see him on an in-depth team.

chrhawk
06-30-2013, 08:22 PM
The picks are likely junk anyway, given the Knicks are odds on to make the playoffs. And the Knicks have ditched Novaks 3.7m per year for 3 more years.

I would have thought the Raptors might be able to ditch Bargnani and at least either get some talent in return, or get an expiring contract. Surprised the best deal they can get is a junk first rounder by taking on salary.

Problem is Bargnani doesn't even like basketball so I could see this not ending well. I can only imagine the reaction from MSG when he sucks it up, that could get ugly.

fleggy2k2
06-30-2013, 08:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UdTfs.gif
http://i.imgur.com/VMiF2.gif

cd021
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM

General discussion thread. I make any thread I damn well please. I did this for the Nets deal at it has 4 pages of responses. People somehow managed...

benefactor
06-30-2013, 08:27 PM
General discussion thread. I make any thread I damn well please. I did this for the Nets deal at it has 4 pages of responses. People somehow managed...
http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/shut-up-Favim.com-369715.gif

cd021
06-30-2013, 08:34 PM
The picks are likely junk anyway, given the Knicks are odds on to make the playoffs. And the Knicks have ditched Novaks 3.7m per year for 3 more years.

I would have thought the Raptors might be able to ditch Bargnani and at least either get some talent in return, or get an expiring contract. Surprised the best deal they can get is a junk first rounder by taking on salary. Problem is Bargnani doesn't even like basketball so I could see this not ending well. I can only imagine the reaction from MSG when he sucks it up, that could get ugly.

Different role. He was expected to be a "Dirk like" type of player when he was pick #1 instead he never really became much of anything an optimized the Raptors as a disappointment. As the 4th or 5th best player on the Knicks. Probably a 7th man off the bench who finds his way into late game situations. He should be good for 12pts, and a solid clip from deep. It also give the Knicks another weapon. I think he is certainly and upgrade over Novak and I sure he's probably pumped to be playing for a winning team.

cd021
06-30-2013, 08:36 PM

Someone had their bowl of Wheaties and decide to pick a fight. I clearly can't compete with your arsenal of random GIFs. Go troll another tread clown.

benefactor
06-30-2013, 08:38 PM
Someone had their bowl of Wheaties and decide to pick a fight. I clearly can't compete with your arsenal of random GIFs. Go troll another tread clown.

Mr. Body
06-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Meh.

Marrow
06-30-2013, 08:44 PM

Spurs POV-The Knicks manage to remain an outside threat to win the East. IMO they are they Grizzles or Nuggets of their conference. A lucky break could propel them farther in the postseason. Any team that challenges the incumbent champion is there conference is welcome too. Miami won 66 games and 27 straight en route to the best mark in the NBA. Their Home-court advantage was, obviously, an advantage. they went 3-1 at home in the finals and 3-1 in the ECF. More competition in the regular season will hopefully keep them from running a way from the rest of the league. Indiana, Chicago (presumably) and Brooklyn along with Knicks all look like more legitimate threats than a week ago. The Spurs need home court if they manage to return to the finals (a realistic goal)

By the way my auto correct initially fixed Stoudimire with "Semi-Retired" I think that may be foreboding...

This makes the Knicks worse...much worse.

Trading all that for a 7 footer, who rebounds like a guard, shoots a true shooting percentage of less than 50% and won't play a lick of D whiclst getting Camby/Novak minutes...that's not good for business at all. Considering how weak the east is, the knicks will be fighting fo a playoff spot next year in the 6/7/8 range after this trade.

Masai Ujiri already goin to work.

playblair
06-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Meh.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4449/iranmaybe.png

Leetonidas
06-30-2013, 09:04 PM
who fucking cares. knicks get a soft jump shooting pussy who is more of a vagina than matt bonner, wgaf

cd021
06-30-2013, 09:06 PM
This makes the Knicks worse...much worse.

Trading all that for a 7 footer, who rebounds like a guard, shoots a true shooting percentage of less than 50% and won't play a lick of D whiclst getting Camby/Novak minutes...that's not good for business at all. Considering how weak the east is, the knicks will be fighting fo a playoff spot next year in the 6/7/8 range after this trade.

I disagree completely. Novak was a 1 D player who was aways upgradable. They upgraded. Bargnani is a better offensive player while he Novak is an excellent role player. Camby was an non facotr of the Knicks and is probably going to call it quits. Novak wasn't exactly a lockdown defender either and you can always hide him on a wing if they go big with Stat and Chandler. Rebounding also wasn't Novaks strong suit and Melo and Chandler do an excellent job grabbing boards when they go small.

1. Miami
2. Brookyln
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Knicks.

They aren't going to be competing with the Bucks, Hawks and Wizards for the 6,7,8 spot. They could be better, this team won 55 games last season with the oldest roster in NBA history. Amare should be healthy (relatively) There no reason to believe Melo won't be have another great season. Chandler isn't all of a sudden going to become a poor defender and stop being an great extra possession guy. They also have a good group of role players like Jr. Smith, Felton Hardaway Jr., Shumpert, Copeland & Prigioni (assuming they bring em back) throw in Bargnani and another player on a vet min. and they have a good team.

Mr Bones
06-30-2013, 09:07 PM
my auto correct initially fixed Stoudimire with "Semi-Retired" .

That's pretty damned funny.

benefactor
06-30-2013, 09:08 PM
I disagree completely. Novak was a 1 D player who was aways upgradable. They upgraded. Bargnani is a better offensive player while he Novak is an excellent role player. Camby was an non facotr of the Knicks and is probably going to call it quits. Novak wasn't exactly a lockdown defender either and you can always hide him on a wing if they go big with Stat and Chandler. Rebounding also wasn't Novaks strong suit and Melo and Chandler do an excellent job grabbing boards when they go small.

1. Miami
2. Brookyln
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Knicks.

They aren't going to be competing with the Bucks, Hawks and Wizards for the 6,7,8 spot. They could be better, this team won 55 games last season with the oldest roster in NBA history. Amare should be healthy (relatively) There no reason to believe Melo won't be have another great season. Chandler isn't all of a sudden going to become a poor defender and stop being an great extra possession guy. They also have a good group of role players like Jr. Smith, Felton Hardaway Jr., Shumpert, Copeland & Prigioni (assuming they bring em back) throw in Bargnani and another player on a vet min. and they have a good team.

who fucking cares.

cd021
06-30-2013, 09:09 PM
who fucking cares. knicks get a soft jump shooting pussy who is more of a vagina than matt bonner, wgaf

I seem to recall more than a few member of ST who were interest in him near the deadline this past season. How is Bonner a "Vagina" Zbo would disagree. He helped shut down one of the more physical low post presences in the NBA. The whole point is fore him to be a floor spacer. Why do you think they got a 7'0 footer who is above average 3pt shooter with a career 15 ppg?

cd021
06-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Still trolling...

Leetonidas
shut the fuck up asswipe

KawhiLeonard
I may be in the minority but I like bargnani

benefactor
06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
I seem to recall more than a few member of ST who were interest in him near the deadline this past season. How is Bonner a "Vagina" Zbo would disagree. He helped shut down one of the more physical low post presences in the NBA. The whole point is fore him to be a floor spacer. Why do you think they got a 7'0 footer who is above average 3pt shooter with a career 15 ppg?

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 09:13 PM

Salary dump + picks + role player = win. :tu

Leetonidas
06-30-2013, 09:18 PM
jimi hendrix is one badass mofo though tbh

Marrow
06-30-2013, 09:25 PM

1. Miami
2. Brookyln
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Knicks.

Novak may have been a one dimensional player but that dimension was super efficient. Bargnani doesn't do anything well and will most probably be getting more minutes than Novak ever did solely based on the fact that he is the new toy for Mike Woodson to play with.

Carmelo = Inefficient Shooter
JR Smith = Inefficient Shooter
Bargnani = Inefficient Shooter
Hardaway = Inefficient Shooter

Chandler will do what he always does, maybe Prigioni comes back and takes Kidd's minutes, Amare will never return to his old form but he may be able to contibute positively...other than that they don't have much going for them other than the fact they play in the weaker conference

It doesn't look good at the moment and it seems like the knicks are revrting back to their futile and incompetent FO ways.

ElNono
06-30-2013, 09:26 PM

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Any word on why yet?

Marrow
06-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Salary dump + picks + role player = win. :tu

You can't ask for much more than that...or can you?? Maybe Masai should've asked for a few more picks :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2013, 09:36 PM
LOL Bustnani. Knicks are giving the Bobcats a run for worst team management.

Marrow
06-30-2013, 09:38 PM

It probably wasn't lopsided enough :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Worth mentioning: Last year Bargnani became the first 7-footer to average at least 28 minutes and less than 4 rebounds.

And is there a weaker defensive frontcourt than Bustnani-Amare-Melo?

tesseractive
06-30-2013, 09:47 PM
LOL Bustnani. Knicks are giving the Bobcats a run for worst team management.
Well, maybe now that Sacto got non-destructive owners and fired their old regime. They were definitely worse than the Knicks while they lasted.

Ron Swanson
06-30-2013, 09:53 PM
What the hell are the Knicks doing? Wow.

itzsoweezee
06-30-2013, 10:09 PM
LMAO. The New York Dicks getting screwed, as usual.

cd021
06-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Novak may have been a one dimensional player but that dimension was super efficient. Bargnani doesn't do anything well and will most probably be getting more minutes than Novak ever did solely based on the fact that he is the new toy for Mike Woodson to play with.

Carmelo = Inefficient Shooter
JR Smith = Inefficient Shooter
Bargnani = Inefficient Shooter
Hardaway = Inefficient Shooter

Chandler will do what he always does, maybe Prigioni comes back and takes Kidd's minutes, Amare will never return to his old form but he may be able to contibute positively...other than that they don't have much going for them other than the fact they play in the weaker conference

It doesn't look good at the moment and it seems like the knicks are revrting back to their futile and incompetent FO ways.

I agree. But 55 wins last season with Melo light the NBA up for 27pts in 37 mpg, Stat was injuried and they were relying on a Hodge-podge of 35 somethings to play big minutes . Amare won't be the same from his first season in N.Y but something of a 6th man 10-15 points in 25 minutes isn't out of the realm of possibility. They have a lot of room for improvement. And shouldn't have to deal with as many injuries without having so many older bodies playing minutes. I like this team as constituted, in the postseason we will see but Its far from a bad team. Novak is clearly efficient, i'd imagine his PPS is ridiculous and he almost never turns the ball over, like Bonner but he can be shut down at any given time if opposing D's hone in on him. Bargnani is more of a weapon on offense. That is certainly useful in the postseason.

ElNono
06-30-2013, 11:25 PM

Darkwaters
07-01-2013, 12:17 AM
Wow, good job Toronto. Bargnani is terrible and the Knicks just got screwed on that trade.

Darkwaters
07-01-2013, 12:24 AM
Wow, look at the contract numbers on Steve Novak. What idiot signs him to that contract? I mean that's just downright mental.

I still think the Raptors do well by acquiring that contract though to dump Bargnani. The guy is just horrible. 7 footer, but he doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound (seriously, pull his numbers) and he shot under 40% last year from the field. And with all that he still only averaged 12 points a game last year. The guy is trash, even if he was the overall #1 a while back.

TE
07-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Good for the raps tbh. It'll be interesting to see how they fare in the Wiggins race next season.

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 01:07 AM
And now they're trying to get Ellis :lmao it's like Isiah is running shit behind the scenes or something

Marrow
07-01-2013, 03:21 AM
I agree. But 55 wins last season with Melo light the NBA up for 27pts in 37 mpg, Stat was injuried and they were relying on a Hodge-podge of 35 somethings to play big minutes . Amare won't be the same from his first season in N.Y but something of a 6th man 10-15 points in 25 minutes isn't out of the realm of possibility. They have a lot of room for improvement. And shouldn't have to deal with as many injuries without having so many older bodies playing minutes. I like this team as constituted, in the postseason we will see but Its far from a bad team. Novak is clearly efficient, i'd imagine his PPS is ridiculous and he almost never turns the ball over, like Bonner but he can be shut down at any given time if opposing D's hone in on him. Bargnani is more of a weapon on offense. That is certainly useful in the postseason.

I'd be really surprised if they hit 50 wins next year...they'll make the playoffs but only due to the fact that they play in the east.

timvp
07-01-2013, 04:02 AM
I may be in the minority but I like bargnani

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18shabds2n4gkgif/ku-xlarge.gif

blkroadrunners
07-01-2013, 04:13 AM
Stupid trade for the Knicks. Really.

jesterbobman
07-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Dolan is just running around with suitcases full of money, screaming "I'm the King of New York" and handing them to Strangers.

There's always the possibility that Bargs will be better elsewhere. But when PER, Wins produced and RAPM numbers all yell that there's not a worse player in the league(With the possible exception of Austin Rivers) I have to think that the Knicks just got royally screwed.

Best part for the Knicks is freeing up 4m in 15/16 cap space.

Darkwaters
07-01-2013, 05:25 AM
I personally love it. I've enjoyed watching the Knicks beat themselves over the years. This will just go down as business as usual.

Meanwhile, Toronto has finally ended the dark era of Andrea Bargnani. Sure, things won't be rainbows and sunshine right away, but it's a move in the right direction.

I still can't believe that Steve Novak contract though. Who does that?

phxspurfan
07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
This whole time I thought it was for Gallinari...lol. Yeah, Bargnani's lack of rebounding is Splitter-esque. He will make NY way worse on defense. But their offense will be decent. Not sure if he's that much of an improvement over Novak to warrant the picks.

coyotes_geek
07-01-2013, 01:56 PM
This trade makes perfect sense. Why have Steve Novak on your team when you can trade him for the injury prone, euro version that makes three times as much money?

elemento
07-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I am the minority here, but I think Bargs will end up as a nice addition to NY

Yeah, it sucks to lose a 1st and 2 2nds for Bargs, but they pretty much had give up Camby's corpse (who makes 4.3m this season and has a 1m buyout the next) and Novak, who's a scrub making 4 times more than he should.

dg7md
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Knicks trade off picks like oxygen, it's one of their biggest downfalls. Weak trade for them without much payoff. He's not worth those picks.

Bargnani shoots well but so does Novak, they are basically the same player as one another, only Bargnani is a horrible excuse for a 4.

Will be interesting to see if this goes through, Camby was originally on the Raptors.

temujin
07-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I am the minority here, but I think Bargs will end up as a nice addition to NY

Yeah, it sucks to lose a 1st and 2 2nds for Bargs, but they pretty much had give up Camby's corpse (who makes 4.3m this season and has a 1m buyout the next) and Novak, who's a scrub making 4 times more than he should.

Bargnani is making 50 times more than what he should, seriously.

temujin
07-01-2013, 04:25 PM
The Knicks kind of lost that leadership as the franchise with the worst management these last 2-3 years.
Trading for bargnani is a step in the right direction to re-establish it.