PDA

View Full Version : Why are all these FA deals and rumors going on and the Spurs are in none of them?

ElNono
06-30-2013, 10:41 PM
:madrun :madrun :madrun I want an explanation, dammit :madrun :madrun :madrun

stephen jackson
06-30-2013, 10:41 PM
when are we ever. surprised we even had d12 chatter

coyotes_geek
06-30-2013, 10:43 PM

Me too. Obviously this means the Spurs are not going to do anything at all this offseason. We should all panic.

timtonymanu
It's like the Spurs don't even try. Why hasn't Chris Paul been linked to signing here?

TE
Nono is moderator now? :madrun:

look_at_g_shred
New to the spurs org.?

dallasmaverickslose
06-30-2013, 10:44 PM

My sources tell me RC is working on a trade for LeBron. We might be swapping Mills, De Colo, Diaw, and Bertans plus a future unprotected 1st round pick for him. Stay tuned for more.

freetiago
06-30-2013, 10:44 PM
is this some kind of gnsf troll thread
lol at any free agents ever coming to SA
the best chance SA has of getting free agents is if they overpay a mediocore player for long time
something like giving Iguodala the max

Spurs will get no one since with the current capspace theyll be asking guys to take paycuts
even Nando de Turnover got way more then he should have gotten

coyotes_geek
06-30-2013, 10:45 PM
I'll take Manu back, but only if he's willing to play for $15/hr.

tesseractive
:lmao

ElNono
Nono is moderator now? :madrun:

the hell?... that was supposed to be a secret!

siraulo23
06-30-2013, 10:50 PM
90% chance they bring back the same team next year :lol

Robz4000
06-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Why haven't they acquired Lebron and Durant?!

johnpaulwall21
06-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Finals appearance means spurs will stand pat and hope parker and Duncan can make another run with the same cast of misfits. The resigning of ginobili, neal, splitter, and the best summer league prospect are about all the moves they will make. The usual stuff.

Chinook
06-30-2013, 10:54 PM
I love it. The Spurs seem to be the most active when they're not rumored to be. At least we don't have to stress over another Robinson-like round of speculation.

210baller
06-30-2013, 11:00 PM
:rollin

Sean Cagney
06-30-2013, 11:08 PM
Finals appearance means spurs will stand pat and hope parker and Duncan can make another run with the same cast of misfits. The resigning of ginobili, neal, splitter, and the best summer league prospect are about all the moves they will make. The usual stuff.

This is exactly what is going to happen.

TheGoldStandard
06-30-2013, 11:24 PM
What I find funny is that the same people that are saying Tiago for 3/25M is a great deal will be pissed once his numbers reflect his talent when Tim starts to decline and Manu isn't in a key role on the 2nd team trying to run Pick n Roll with him. Then everyone will say, "why didn't we get a big, we had cap money" or "why didn't the front office try" The Spurs mantra of keep pounding the rock is also as synonymous with there other old adage "if it aint broke don't fix it" they'll only worry about changes once the season is over and Tim decides to hang it up. It's kind of like Pop's adjustments, they come after the fact not during the actual run.

Keepin' it real
06-30-2013, 11:34 PM

Spurs are bad for ratings, even in the offseason.

Keepin' it real
06-30-2013, 11:35 PM
What I find funny is that the same people that are saying Tiago for 3/25M is a great deal will be pissed once his numbers reflect his talent when Tim starts to decline and Manu isn't in a key role on the 2nd team trying to run Pick n Roll with him. Then everyone will say, "why didn't we get a big, we had cap money" or "why didn't the front office try" The Spurs mantra of keep pounding the rock is also as synonymous with there other old adage "if it aint broke don't fix it" they'll only worry about changes once the season is over and Tim decides to hang it up. It's kind of like Pop's adjustments, they come after the fact not during the actual run.

Everyone on the Spurs looks better because of Timmy, not just Tiago.

TheGoldStandard
06-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Everyone on the Spurs looks better because of Timmy, not just Tiago.

Yes, but not everyone on the Spurs are about to get paid 8 or 9 Million because of it.

coyotes_geek
06-30-2013, 11:52 PM

And some of us will ask the same question we're asking now. Who was (is) this mythical big the Spurs were (are) supposed to sign instead of Splitter?

Splits
07-01-2013, 12:00 AM
And some of us will ask the same question we're asking now. Who was (is) this mythical big the Spurs were (are) supposed to sign instead of Splitter?

I'd rather have JJ Hickson

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2013, 12:02 AM

Chemistry/System answer

Ron Swanson
07-01-2013, 12:04 AM
My sources tell me RC is working on a trade for LeBron. We might be swapping Mills, De Colo, Diaw, and Bertans plus a future unprotected 1st round pick for him. Stay tuned for more.

They can throw in Robertas Javtokas to sweeten the pot.

Chinook
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM

4evah's come and gone, huh?

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Oh Roger Mason Jr. is available.

Splits
07-01-2013, 12:07 AM
4evah's come and gone, huh?

Evan changed his name this offseason.

Splits
07-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Chemistry/System answer

By this logic we should have never given up RJ, or made any FA move or trade. Det shit is overrated.

Chinook
07-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Evan changed his name this offseason.

All right.

So anyway, why'd you want Hickson? He's a very limited player and is best served as a third big anyway.

Splits
07-01-2013, 12:12 AM
All right.

So anyway, why'd you want Hickson? He's a very limited player and is best served as a third big anyway.

Cheaper, better rebounder, allows us to go after someone who can spell Tony and create on the perimeter. I'm not saying he's an upgrade over Splitter, just don't think $8m per is good value.

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2013, 12:12 AM
By this logic we should have never given up RJ, or made any FA move or trade. Det shit is overrated.

It sure is but this is the same logic that will be said if we try to make any significant changes.

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Cheaper, better rebounder, allows us to go after someone who can spell Tony and create on the perimeter. I'm not saying he's an upgrade over Splitter, just don't think $8m per is good value.

He can hit a jumper too

Chinook
07-01-2013, 12:20 AM

Fair enough. He puts up good numbers, and he'd probably be even better next to Duncan. Giving up a seven-footer is really tough, so I'd still hope that the coaching staff would be confidence Baynes could step up or that they could another center. I hear Hickson hates playing the five.

I'd prefer Tiago, but Hickson wouldn't be a bad consolation prize in a double S&T if the Spurs think he has the BBIQ to learn the system.

chrhawk
07-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Marc J. Spears: Being told by NBA sources that the Spurs have reached out to Roger Mason for a possible reunion. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo (http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html)

Splits
07-01-2013, 12:25 AM
^ Finley coming back too?

Baam
07-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Is it real?

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I would not be surprised.. The chuck brothers.. Neal & Mason Jr. off the bench

Chinook
07-01-2013, 12:28 AM
If they expect to have to replace Neal, this could be good news. They put a QO on him, so they may be interested in S&Ting him to get another asset. Mason wouldn't be a bad stop-gap, but I'd rather just keep Denmon on the bench for a year and move Mills up to the regular rotation.

chrhawk
07-01-2013, 12:29 AM
If they expect to have to replace Neal, this could be good news. They put a QO on him, so they may be interested in S&Ting him to get another asset. Mason wouldn't be a bad stop-gap, but I'd rather just keep Denmon on the bench for a year and move Mills up to the regular rotation.

I was kidding.

Chinook
07-01-2013, 12:31 AM
I was kidding.

Good, then, I guess...

UZER
Marc J. Spears: Being told by NBA sources that the Spurs have reached out to Roger Mason for a possible reunion. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

Of course we are. We need a back up point guard.

We are so damn frugal man :lol

Joke or no joke.

TheGoldStandard
I was kidding.

You shouldn't have said anything, you could have waited a week and if it did go down you'd have looked like a genius

td4mvp2k
07-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Marc J. Spears: Being told by NBA sources that the Spurs have reached out to Roger Mason for a possible reunion. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

^ Finley coming back too?
:shootme

timtonymanu
07-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Fuck Roger Mason Jr.

:lol at the Spurs if they bring him back.

Splits
07-01-2013, 12:34 AM

playbonner15
07-01-2013, 05:08 AM
FUCK :rollin

chapnis
07-01-2013, 05:19 AM
Beno Udrih is available. Spurs will probably make a run at him too.

DapDaGenius
07-01-2013, 05:21 AM

That is way too much money.

naico
07-01-2013, 06:07 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a bench warm/future part of coaching staff decision regarding Mason. He might suck as a player but is well respected as a teammate throughout the NBA.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 06:14 AM
What I find funny is that the same people that are saying Tiago for 3/25M is a great deal will be pissed once his numbers reflect his talent when Tim starts to decline and Manu isn't in a key role on the 2nd team trying to run Pick n Roll with him. Then everyone will say, "why didn't we get a big, we had cap money" or "why didn't the front office try" The Spurs mantra of keep pounding the rock is also as synonymous with there other old adage "if it aint broke don't fix it" they'll only worry about changes once the season is over and Tim decides to hang it up. It's kind of like Pop's adjustments, they come after the fact not during the actual run.Agree. Once Manu starts playing shit*y all year long and Splitter has the same mediocre number, only then will all these Popsuckers and Manu worshippers realize how wrong they were all along. Once the Spurs stay pat, they don't get past the second round or WCF, only then will all these Spurs homers realize how wrong they were. I will be LMAO at them. I'll be here trolling them like crazy. I'll be crying for Tim Duncan though.

TrainOfThought5
07-01-2013, 06:21 AM
fuck elnono. he asked the basketball gods for free agent speculation and they gave us monta fuckin ellis.

Shaolin-Style
07-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Wish free agency were a little more exciting as a Spurs fan. Time to go back to anticipating what kinda player Kawhi is gonna evolve into.

ElNono
07-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Agree. Once Manu starts playing shit*y all year long and Splitter has the same mediocre number, only then will all these Popsuckers and Manu worshippers realize how wrong they were all along. Once the Spurs stay pat, they don't get past the second round or WCF, only then will all these Spurs homers realize how wrong they were. I will be LMAO at them. I'll be here trolling them like crazy. I'll be crying for Tim Duncan though.

I'm LMAO at you right now.

:lol wanting the team to fail to win the "i told you" interwebs championship
:lol prognosticating the larger odds like it's some bold prediction
:lol "second round or WCF" hedge

fuck elnono. he asked the basketball gods for free agent speculation and they gave us monta fuckin ellis.

:lmao RC be trolling, son

ironman2886
07-01-2013, 11:16 AM
:bang

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm LMAO at you right now.

:lol wanting the team to fail to win the "i told you" interwebs championship
:lol prognosticating the larger odds like it's some bold prediction
:lol "second round or WCF" hedge

:lmao RC be trolling, sonLMAO no championship next year if the Spurs waste all their cap space to resign softy Splitter and my grandpa Manu Ginobili while Duncan and TP only get a year older.

xmas1997
07-01-2013, 11:47 AM
LMAO no championship next year if the Spurs waste all their cap space to resign softy Splitter and my grandpa Manu Ginobili while Duncan and TP only get a year older.

Thank God you're not the Spurs brain trust!
Get over it already!

cd98
07-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Spurs don't show their hand, so it will be hard to know what they are doing with free agency. Reflecting on their loss to the Heat, and the way the steamrolled through the west, I'm inclined to think that their bigs were not the problem. That's assuming Duncan plays about the same. Tiago was good most of the year and we had diversity with Diaw, Bonner, and occassionally Blair/Baynes. I assume we get a big to replace Blair, but not a big dollar guy as the only ones out there are Howard (not coming) and Josh Smith (too expensive).

I thought the real need was a back up point guard that you could morph the backups into. For example, we need someone that can dribble and pass (De Colo), someone who can shoot (Mills) and someone that can defense (Cojo). Not sure if there is a guy out there that meets that description. He doesn't have to do all three of those things better than the backup, he just has to be able to do all three better than those backups can do all three. Maybe that's why we hear rumors about an Ellis or a Jack. That's where I'd spend my money if I were the Spurs (along with resigning Tiago and Manu).

Jumi
07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
:lol You gotta be shitting me! If this goes through, Holt needs to give Pop and R.C. a drug test cause they hitting that good dope!!

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Spurs don't show their hand, so it will be hard to know what they are doing with free agency. Reflecting on their loss to the Heat, and the way the steamrolled through the west, I'm inclined to think that their bigs were not the problem. That's assuming Duncan plays about the same. Tiago was good most of the year and we had diversity with Diaw, Bonner, and occassionally Blair/Baynes. I assume we get a big to replace Blair, but not a big dollar guy as the only ones out there are Howard (not coming) and Josh Smith (too expensive).

I thought the real need was a back up point guard that you could morph the backups into. For example, we need someone that can dribble and pass (De Colo), someone who can shoot (Mills) and someone that can defense (Cojo). Not sure if there is a guy out there that meets that description. He doesn't have to do all three of those things better than the backup, he just has to be able to do all three better than those backups can do all three. Maybe that's why we hear rumors about an Ellis or a Jack. That's where I'd spend my money if I were the Spurs (along with resigning Tiago and Manu).You've hit the nail in the coffin. The number #1 priority is getting a backup PG to Tony Parker and Manu. Spurs should consider Jack, Ellis, or Jose Calderon.

UZER
07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
The next big free agent the Spurs sign will be the first. Its just something that doesnt happens here. We should all know this already.

tesseractive
07-01-2013, 12:29 PM
You've hit the nail in the coffin.

That sentence is as much fun as shooting monkeys in a barrel. :tu

monkeypunk
07-01-2013, 12:52 PM

That sentence is as much fun as shooting monkeys in a barrel. :tu

:lol

SA210
07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
No surprise. Look forward to more small ball (losing basketball) from Pop.

dg7md
07-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Ellis is as big as I suspect out free agent possibility would be.

purist
07-01-2013, 04:48 PM
No surprise. Look forward to more small ball (losing basketball) from Pop.

you mean the kind Miami plays.

therealtruth
07-01-2013, 05:51 PM
you mean the kind Miami plays.

They've got Lebron James.

ducks
07-01-2013, 06:57 PM
spurs want centers and a couple of vets to take discount to play for them