PDA

View Full Version : Pelicans: Pelicans meeting with Tyreke Evans, about to offer contract.

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 12:06 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/30/4481508/tyreke-evans-new-orleans-pelicans-nba-free-agency-2013-rumors

Looks like Demps wants him to fill the void at SF next to Gordon and Holiday in the backcourt and Davis and Anderson in the frontcourt.

I'm thinking its gonna take about 4 years 36 million at least to get him.

Thread
07-01-2013, 12:08 AM
He needs a change of venue. He was hot shit his first 2 seasons. I don't think that address though is the wise decision.

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 12:12 AM
He needs a change of venue. He was hot shit his first 2 seasons. I don't think that address though is the wise decision.

He won't find a better young core to play next to with Davis, Anderson, Holiday, and Gordon. They're all in the same age range and can each bring different things to the floor.

Rogue
07-01-2013, 12:21 AM
anything less than 10m/yr on average would be a steal. Dude's an amazing player and one of the best combo-guards in the league. Dude was pretty much underrated and overlooked in the past years because he was playing on a shitty team imho, and he still has a lot of room to improve. Cuban seems to have made a fool of himself one more time that he is mesmerized by the top FAs, when someone like Evans will only be better than the likes of Iggy and Josh Smith

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 12:25 AM
anything less than 10m/yr on average would be a steal. Dude's an amazing player and one of the best combo-guards in the league. Dude was pretty much underrated and overlooked in the past years because he was playing on a shitty team imho, and he still has a lot of room to improve. Cuban seems to have made a fool of himself one more time that he is mesmerized by the top FAs, when someone like Evans will only be better than the likes of Iggy and Josh Smith

I agree. Both Iggy and Smith are overvalued on the market. Big names but not real cornerstone type players. I'm glad the Pels made an early run at Tyreke. Shows where their mindset is. Would love to see a lineup of Davis, Anderson, Evans, Gordon, and Holiday long-term.

Mr Bones
07-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I dunno.... Anthony Davis is a great rim protector and will continue to get better, but starting a 6'3" Eric Gordon at SG and a 6'5" Tyreke Evans at SF seems like a defensive recipe for disaster...

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 12:34 AM
I dunno.... Anthony Davis is a great rim protector and will continue to get better, but starting a 6'3" Eric Gordon at SG and a 6'5" Tyreke Evans at SF seems like a defensive recipe for disaster...

They're not tall in stature, but Gordon has a 6'9 wingspan and Evans has a 7'0 wingspan. Both are really long, plus Holiday is a bigger PG.

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Evans is not a SF though right? Isn't he like 6'5"?

Chinook
07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Evans has put up pretty good numbers at the three. He can hold it down for stretches, but he's not suited to do it full time. I'd think either Gordon would be moved or Evans would be the sixth man. Maybe trade Gordon for Iggy and get a Holliday/Evans/Iggy/Davis/Lopez starting unit?

Rogue
07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
evans looks more like a combo-guard to me, if he's to play SF as a primary position he will have trouble dealing with big SF's like Bron and Josh Smith imho.

spurraider21
07-01-2013, 01:36 AM
pelicans are retarded. so vazquez has a breakout season, they draft a real center instead of Robin Lopez, and they proceed to trade Noel AND a first rounder for a point guard. Now they want to add Tyreke Evans to a team with Holiday, Vazquez, and Cornerstone? please

FkLA
07-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Wasnt this nigga like the only rookie other than Bron and MJ/Magic(?) to average 20-5-5? Seems like he never made the jump to the next level tbh.

Splits
07-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Wasnt this nigga like the only rookie other than Bron and MJ/Magic(?) to average 20-5-5? Seems like he never made the jump to the next level tbh.

He's gotten worse every year in the league, can't believe teams hold him in such high regard. He can't shoot, doesn't play much defense, and apparently is just living off his talent instead of working to get better.

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 07:00 AM
pelicans are retarded. so vazquez has a breakout season, they draft a real center instead of Robin Lopez, and they proceed to trade Noel AND a first rounder for a point guard. Now they want to add Tyreke Evans to a team with Holiday, Vazquez, and Cornerstone? please

Vaszquez sucks overall. Not a viable starter in this league. Defense is horrible, very slow, and not an efficient shooter. He's basically an assist whore. They needed an upgrade long-term at the position. Vasquez wasn't the answer.

Davis is the center long-term with Anderson being the PF. They didn't need a player like Noel.

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 07:02 AM
He's gotten worse every year in the league, can't believe teams hold him in such high regard. He can't shoot, doesn't play much defense, and apparently is just living off his talent instead of working to get better.

He actually improved last season. He was a much better perimeter shooter compared to previous seasons. His defense has been below average but he has the physical tools to be a good defender.

Pelicans78
07-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Evans has put up pretty good numbers at the three. He can hold it down for stretches, but he's not suited to do it full time. I'd think either Gordon would be moved or Evans would be the sixth man. Maybe trade Gordon for Iggy and get a Holliday/Evans/Iggy/Davis/Lopez starting unit?

They wouldn't have enough outside shooting with that lineup. Evans is no smaller than Iggy to be hoenst. I think Gordon should be in the plans. He would be their only viable perimeter threat. But I could be wrong.

Darth_Pelican
07-01-2013, 11:01 AM
I think we should move Gordon if we could, but there won't be many trade opportunities with the fat contract that we gave him last season. I think other teams want to see him play 75-80 games in a season before they take interest in him. Maybe if we keep building a young talented core around him, he won't fake injuries and he will give it his all this year.

Lincoln
07-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Wasn't this nigqer a pg his first few years

da_suns_fan
07-01-2013, 11:51 AM
This was the guy I was hoping the Suns would go after.

He's great at getting to and finishing at the rim. His jump shot is shit and probably always will be. Hes a good rebounder and defender.

da_suns_fan
07-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Clueless forum.

Had his best year last season:

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/290-tyreke-evans

07-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Evans is a consistent jump shot away from becoming an all star. His slashing ability, including his euro step, is pretty ridiculous. Too bad his jump shot is ugly as fuck.

da_suns_fan
07-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Evans is a consistent jump shot away from becoming an all star. His slashing ability, including his euro step, is pretty ridiculous. Too bad his jump shot is ugly as fuck.

This.

sexinthatsx
07-01-2013, 05:16 PM
:lmao Good luck paying 12 mil a year for the next 4 for an oft-injured 3 guard
:lmao Thinking Anthony Davis will clean up the boards for these backcourt chuckers
:lmao Pelicans think Anthony Davis is the next coming of D12 in his orlando days
:lmao Pelicans are FUCKED

whitemamba
07-01-2013, 05:17 PM
they offered him 44 mil right?

fevertrees
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2013/07/new_orleans_pelicans_extends_l.html

Thread
07-01-2013, 06:03 PM

& he's gotten heavy, i.e., Deron Williams.

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2013, 06:15 PM
$12 million a year is a LOT of money for Reke.

Killakobe81
07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
They're not tall in stature, but Gordon has a 6'9 wingspan and Evans has a 7'0 wingspan. Both are really long, plus Holiday is a bigger PG.

Evans and Gordon both have solid defensive potential but not the gumption to chase that end consistently ...especially when their shot is not falling. But if they get hot they all of a sudden remember how to play defense. Pop or Tibbs would be a good mentor to both ...

Killakobe81
07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
AndI agree Evans can probably not guard any all-star caliber SF tbh ...

redzero
07-01-2013, 07:14 PM
& he's gotten heavy, i.e., Deron Williams.

I think you mean "e.g." in this instance.

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2013, 11:35 PM
12-41 from the field, a few turnovers per game, contributing to poor team defense, doesn't look like he's made any improvements..

Still really early, but rough start, tbh..

Pelicans78
11-05-2013, 11:39 PM
12-41 from the field, a few turnovers per game, contributing to poor team defense, doesn't look like he's made any improvements..

Still really early, but rough start, tbh..

I'll give him a pass since he missed most of the preseason with an ankle injury and is still getting in shape, but he's never been a reliable option offensively or defensively. Plus he has Monty as his coach and there's not much he can do about that since the whole team outside of Brow is suffering under Monty.

HarlemHeat37
11-05-2013, 11:43 PM
I bet on the Pels tonight, it looked so promising after the 1st quarter, tbh:(..

Pelicans78
11-06-2013, 12:04 AM
I bet on the Pels tonight, it looked so promising after the 1st quarter, tbh:(..

Thats the story of this team. Start out strong. Other team makes adjustment and Monty doesn't know what to do after that.

fevertrees
11-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Arena looked half empty on tv of course, but I am sure there are some high school football games going on that the idiot supporters will use as an excuse for shitty fan support. :lol

Leon Black
11-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Arena looked half empty on tv of course, but I am sure there are some high school football games going on that the idiot supporters will use as an excuse for shitty fan support. :lol

Shut up cocksucker

Rogue
11-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Tyreke Evans was the alpha guy in Sacramento while he was playing there if I remember correct. But it seems to me that there's too much competition on the Pelicans' backcourt, they can trade either Evans or Cornerstone for some depth in the paint imho

spurraider21
11-06-2013, 11:26 AM
he needs to be the primary ball-handler. he plays a game similar to Manu but is not as good a long range shooter. having him off the ball is wasting what he is good at. so making him a 3 and D guy off the bench is probably the worst thing you can do with him.

spurraider21
01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
:hat