PDA

View Full Version : innocent teen handcuffed at gunpoing| wants an apology

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Teen wants apology after officer pulls gun

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mw78yx.jpg

Xzavier Brandon, 16, had a gun pointed at him and was handcuffed by a police officer on his way to football practice.

Xzavier Brandon went from a 16-year-old honor student to a felony suspect in a matter of minutes during a walk to school last month.
“A gun was pointed at me and handcuffs were put on me, and that’s everything that’s done to a criminal,” Brandon said in an interview last week.

Exempt from final exams because of good test scores at New Albany High School, Brandon was walking his usual route to preseason football practice on May 28 when a resident of Hilltop Trail Drive thought he looked suspicious. A house in the Northeast Side neighborhood had been broken into between 8:30 a.m. and 12:40 p.m., when the homeowner returned and discovered the crime.

About the same time, Mike Eberts, who lives in the neighborhood, saw Brandon walking by and called 911.

“There’s someone walking down the street who might have something to do with this,” he told the Columbus police dispatcher. “It may just be a coincidence that he’s just walking by, but it sure looks suspicious to me.” He told the dispatcher he would follow the youth in his car.

Brandon remembered that he had said hello to a man he didn’t know as he passed, but he kept walking toward Thompson Road. He had headphones on while listening to his iPod, he said, and it wasn’t until he heard a loud shout, turned around and saw a gun in his face that he realized something was wrong. Officer Leonard Milner told the teen to drop to the ground and then handcuffed him and asked if he had any jewelry in his backpack. Brandon said he didn’t.

As he was on the ground at the side of busy Thompson Road, he tried to turn his face so he wouldn’t be recognized, he said. Brandon, who will be a junior at New Albany in the fall, said he’s active in football, school and volunteering.

“I was a little insulted that anyone in New Albany would think I was a threat,” he said.
He was held until another officer showed up about 15 minutes later and vouched for him. That officer, Sgt. Tyrone Hollis, knew Brandon from his son’s football team and gave him a ride to the high school after he was released.

Because there was no arrest, no report was filed, and that makes both Brandon and his mother, Jo Brandon-Jones, angry.
“Something serious just happened,” he said. “And in my opinion, it was just blown off.”

Brandon-Jones filed an internal-affairs complaint with the Police Division, alleging that Milner used excessive force when he encountered her son. That review likely will take months to complete.

Sgt. Elrico Alli, a police spokesman, said the officer was approaching someone who might have just committed a burglary, a serious crime.
“Whenever we encounter anything that involves a felony, or serious physical harm ... we display our firearms,” Alli said.

Eberts, the neighbor who called police, said this week, “I wasn’t accusing anyone of anything. I simply was encouraging the police to talk with someone in the area.” He wouldn’t elaborate on what he thought was suspicious about Brandon.

Brandon, who is black, wonders whether Eberts suspected him of the crime because of his race.

“What other reason would he have to call police on me?” he asked.
The encounter might not have ended safely if he had reached in his pocket to turn off his iPod or hadn’t heard the officer’s commands, he pointed out. “I could have been shot. I could have been killed that day.”

Both mom and son would like an apology from the police officer, an acknowledgement that what Brandon went through was wrong.
“You can’t undo it,” Brandon-Jones said. “But you can make it better.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/06/30/teen-wants-apology-after-officer-pulls-gun.html

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 10:39 AM
gunpoint*

Fabbs
07-01-2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218856&p=6721410#post6721410

Fabbs
07-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Man who became paralyzed after saving drowning girl dies at 43

By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo! News | The Lookout – Fri, 28 Jun, 2013

Michael Patterson (Facebook)
Michael Patterson, the 43-year-old Georgia man who dived into a creek to save a 4-year-old girl from drowning and became paralyzed from the chest down during the rescue, died after spending three weeks in a hospital, The Associated Press reports.
Patterson's family shared the news on Facebook.
Patterson's bravery left many, including the woman whose daughter he rescued, stunned. "He jumped in head first and after I grabbed her, I looked back and he was floating on top of the water," Carlissa Jones told WSB-TV.com after Patterson's injury, which occurred on June 8.
Jones' daughter, Javea, was able to be resuscitated. Patterson broke his neck during the dive. He also developed respiratory acidosis, pneumonia and a bacterial infection after the injury, according to Fox News. The medical problems that came after the broken neck contributed to his death, Polk County Coroner Trey Litesey told news outlets.
Patterson's bravery was commended across the Web. Comments on the Yahoo News story after his injury reflected the immense respect people had for his actions.
One commenter wrote, "there really are no words to express the character of this man." Another wrote, "now this is what a hero looks like."
On Facebook, where Patterson's friends and family had set up a page to raise funds for his care, there was an outpouring of sympathy.
From the page:
Mike’s spirit and selfless actions inspired tens of thousands who sent cards, letters and emails and engaged in posts at the Friends of Mike Patterson Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Friendsofmikepatterson). His life and the lives of others are forever changed by his courageous, split-second decision to save another’s life. Mike’s tragic story made news headlines around the globe. His heroic act stirred an outpouring of emotion and a desire to help Mike in his time of need. His caring nature will forever be honored.
At this time, funeral or any other arrangements are not known. The Friends of Mike Patterson Trust will post additional information as it becomes available. Please keep Mike's family and friends in your prayers.
Patterson's dive was not the first time that he had demonstrated his bravery. A week before, he and another man had pulled a truck driver from his cab after the truck caught fire.
His mother told WSB-TV that her son didn't see what the big deal was about his part in rescuing the man from the truck fire.
"He said he did what he thought, what he hoped anyone else would have done for him. That's not a very common thing anymore, for anyone to care about someone they don't know," she told theCedartown Standard.

White man died because he had to save a black person

Those damn blacks

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:02 AM
what does that have to do with this thread?

UZER
07-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Quit bitching. That shit happens to all people everyday.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:16 AM

stop it, no it doesn't. provide a lank or you a lie.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Yep...there was a story on yahoo this weekend about a group of white 19 year old girls that were held at gunpoint by police because they were wrongly accused of buying beer while underage...turns out it was 12 pack of sparkling water...obviously the cops pulled their guns cause the girls were white.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
unless you're talking about black people.

TeyshaBlue
07-01-2013, 11:17 AM
Anybody who wears black socks with sandals should he held at gunpoing, imo.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Yep...there was a story on yahoo this weekend about a group of white 19 year old girls that were held at gunpoint by police because they were wrongly accused of buying beer while underage...turns out it was 12 pack of sparkling water...obviously the cops pulled their guns cause the girls were white.

yea i read that story, tragic. the fuck is up with the police?

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 11:19 AM
http://www.infowars.com/six-plain-clothes-agents-assault-and-arrest-college-girl-buying-bottled-water/

UZER
07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
stop it, no it doesn't. provide a lank or you a lie.

Lol yuz a trolling wigga. Get the fuck outta here.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
yea i read that story, tragic. the fuck is up with the police?

So how come you didn't post it here then?

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Lol yuz a trolling wigga. Get the fuck outta here.

why i gotta be a wigga? blacks don't post on basketball forums????

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:30 AM
So how come you didn't post it here then?

i just googled it when you mentioned it, feel free to post it in here. we can make this a thread about police wrongly profiling people.

Creepn
07-01-2013, 11:33 AM

WOOOOW this story sure does dispel the notion that cops profile black people all the time! White people gets killed and or beat up by the cops just as much as black people! Wow! Do you have any stories where black cops storms in a white grandmother's house, call her a slur and shoot the dog? Do you have any stories where a black cop shoots a white kid in handcuffs? Please tell me!

UZER
07-01-2013, 11:35 AM
why i gotta be a wigga? blacks don't post on basketball forums????

No, because you can't steal Internet from a convenience store. How else would they get it.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
WOOOOW this story sure does dispel the notion that cops profile black people all the time! White people gets killed and or beat up by the cops just as much as black people! Wow! Do you have any stories where black cops storms in a white grandmother's house, call her a slur and shoot the dog? Do you have any stories where a black cop shoots a white kid in handcuffs? Please tell me!

lol!

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 11:37 AM
No, because you can't steal Internet from a convenience store. How else would they get it.

okay now that was lame.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 11:51 AM

Lol....awfully defensive....who said anything about trying to prove anyone wrong? Just wondering why trill doesn't post those stories.

Here's a good one for ya,

Last week, I got pulled over for speeding, the white cop and I started chatting about gyms around the area. He was a really nice guy. I leisurely pulled off down the highway without even a warning....really made my day....LOL.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 11:52 AM

But since you brought it up....the only reason that trill posts these are to show the injustice brought against blacks....according to you right?

What say you trill, is that the reason?

Bill_Brasky
07-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Wow the story with the white chick is worse because even after the pigs realized their mistakes they STILL arrested her on trumped up charges. Fucking animals.

Though the one with the black dude is bad too. We all know why that neighbor called the cops. And that cop was wrong for fuckin coming up to that dude yelling with his gun drawn. I'm pretty sure a person with common sense realizes that robbers usually drive cars. They don't rob a place and then stroll around the same neighborhood listening to their ipod. At least they let the guy go I guess.

Pretty sad that cops are so stupid.

Creepn
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Lol....awfully defensive....who said anything about trying to prove anyone wrong? Just wondering why trill doesn't post those stories.

Here's a good one for ya,

Last week, I got pulled over for speeding, the white cop and I started chatting about gyms around the area. He was a really nice guy. I leisurely pulled off down the highway without even a warning....really made my day....LOL.

Wow, you can have actual conversations with cops that doesn't involve a baton or a gun pointed at you?

Mindblown.

Bill_Brasky
07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
God damn guys I'm sorry i must have missed the point of this thread.

Blacks!!!! Race!!!!!!! White boogey man!!!!!! Muahahahahaha!!!!

Creepn
07-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Wow the story with the white chick is worse because even after the pigs realized their mistakes they STILL arrested her on trumped up charges. Fucking animals.

Though the one with the black dude is bad too. We all know why that neighbor called the cops. And that cop was wrong for fuckin coming up to that dude yelling with his gun drawn. I'm pretty sure a person with common sense realizes that robbers usually drive cars. They don't rob a place and then stroll around the same neighborhood listening to their ipod. At least they let the guy go I guess.

lol

Creepn
07-01-2013, 11:59 AM
God damn guys I'm sorry i must have missed the point of this thread.

Blacks!!!! Race!!!!!!! White boogey man!!!!!! Muahahahahaha!!!!

lmao.

UZER
07-01-2013, 12:03 PM

What do you expect? The Trayvon case is still fresh. He felt threatend by that black kid.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, you can have actual conversations with cops that doesn't involve a baton or a gun pointed at you?

Mindblown.

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

Bill_Brasky
07-01-2013, 12:06 PM
What do you expect? The Trayvon case is still fresh. He felt threatend by that black kid.

I've become bored with racism so I'm gonna stop.

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 12:07 PM
tbh a lot of racism gets thrown around here but this is fucking bullshit. it doesnt matter if he's black or not, fuck the police and fuck this zimmerman wannabe for following this 15 year old in his car thinking he's suspicious cus hes walking to school

Creepn
07-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it's pretty cool.

The cops doesn't ask you to spread your buttcheeks to check for drugs either??

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:11 PM
See, that's the thing. Trill admits that this board is full of racists and it makes him mad...so how does he respond, by posting as many of these stories as he possibly can. Knowing that he's not going to change anyone's mind about race, he does it for the specific reason of starting a race argument. He's trolling, but with actual issues....it's grown tired and it makes him come off as perhaps the biggest racist here because rather than little jabs, he starts threads about it.

I too am going to avoid all race threads from this point on.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
serious question: this is the first forum that i've been apart of where blacks are the minority, i'm active on other forums where its catered mainly to blacks(hip hop site) is it common for posters to pretend to be black? i have never seen black posters pretend to be white. if so, that shit is wack.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:12 PM
serious question: this is the first forum that i've been apart of where blacks are the minority, i'm active on other forums where its catered mainly to blacks(hip hop site) is it common for posters to pretend to be black? i have never seen black posters pretend to be white. if so, that shit is wack.

On this site, for the last 8 years I've been on here....yes, it is very common.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Don't get me wrong here either...nothing wrong with trolling....fuck,it works on me all the time....I'm just over the race threads.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:14 PM
The cops doesn't ask you to spread your buttcheeks to check for drugs either??

This happen to you a lot or what?

Trill Clinton
i don't really get mad, i just like fucking with ya'll.

Creepn
Don't get me wrong here either...nothing wrong with trolling....fuck,it works on me all the time....I'm just over the race threads.

You sure? I thought you was a fan of the "Guess that race" threads?

johnsmith

That's what I'm saying....you're trolling with racial issues.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:15 PM
You sure? I thought you was a fan of the "Guess that race" threads?

Nah, I don't think I've ever went in one....could be wrong though, but I don't think so.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I will say that I'm not a big fan of Mexicans....mostly though cause I married one and she's sort of a pain in the ass.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 12:16 PM
On this site, for the last 8 years I've been on here....yes, it is very common.

why, though? when i first started posting here and even till this day i get the occasional wigger. its like non black posters have never encountered a black poster online. an anomoly if you will.

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 12:17 PM

:toast

trill's good people tbh

Creepn
This happen to you a lot or what?

We'll I tend not to wait to be asked. I'll have them spread open by the time he comes to the window because if I don't he'll assume I have something to hide and out comes the latex gloves.

johnsmith
why, though? when i first started posting here and even till this day i get the occasional wigger. its like non black posters have never encountered a black poster online. an anomoly if you will.

Because there aren't that many black people in SA...and that's where most everyone is from on here....that's a theory anyway.

Trill Clinton

nothing against you, john. but everybody is always tired of the race threads or complain about racism when me or creepn make threads dealing with actual racism. i do think that is pretty wack.

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:18 PM
We'll I tend to not wait to be asked. I'll have them spread open by the time he comes to the window because if I don't he'll assume I have something to hide and out comes the latex gloves.

That's icky.

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 12:18 PM

trill's good people tbh

johnsmith
07-01-2013, 12:20 PM
nothing against you, john. but everybody is always tired of the race threads or complain about racism when me or creepn make threads dealing with actual racism. i do think that is pretty wack.

Agreed....but also in the 8 years I've been posting here, I haven't seen anyone post a tenth of the amount of race threads as you guys do.

Nothing wrong with it, hell, maybe it will open some eyes (doubt it though)...I'm just over them.

By no means am I saying you guys should stop, I'm just going to make it a point to avoid.

Leetonidas
07-01-2013, 12:23 PM
We'll I tend not to wait to be asked. I'll have them spread open by the time he comes to the window because if I don't he'll assume I have something to hide and out comes the latex gloves.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

VFHpvPwq2i8

UZER
07-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Your race threads are cute. Keep em coming.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2013, 12:38 PM

I've been burglarized twice by walking snatch and grabs.

Bill_Brasky
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM

Nothing against you trill imo but starting threads using race issues with the intent to bait people into making racist comments kinda comes off as you not taking the issue at hand very seriously youself tbh

Trill Clinton
07-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Nothing against you trill imo but starting threads using race issues with the intent to bait people into making racist comments kinda comes off as you not taking the issue at hand very seriously youself tbh

Naw seriously, I really don't care. I just hate hypocrite posters who I have never seen type more than a few posts call me racist and I never see them call anyone else out. At least be consistent, I can handle being called out.