PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs the biggest....

Avante
07-03-2013, 05:33 AM
......turn around in the league. A wild card berth a very real possibility anyone disagree? If so....why?

MeloHype
07-03-2013, 06:26 AM
1. Broncos
2. Texans
3. Patriots
4. Bengals
5. Colts
6. .....Steelers/Ravens/Chiefs

ShinerBlack
07-03-2013, 06:53 AM
Well can't get much worse. I'm just tired of having one good year being followed by loads of crap years. I'm sure theyll have a good year I just hope they can sustain it.

Avante
07-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Well can't get much worse. I'm just tired of having one good year being followed by loads of crap years. I'm sure theyll have a good year I just hope they can sustain it.

Alex Smith a good thing?

ShinerBlack
07-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Alex Smith a good thing?

Yes he is. He won't save the franchise but he can keep the opposing team's D honest enough, to allow Jamaal to go to work. My only real concern now is if Reid will see that.

Spur-Addict
07-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes he is. He won't save the franchise but he can keep the opposing team's D honest enough, to allow Jamaal to go to work. My only real concern now is if Reid will see that.

How do you feel about Reid potentially throwing 75% of the time? I'd be fearful of that if I was a Chiefs fan.

Avante
07-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Totally read my mind. Wish I could add something but ya nailed it.

How long you been a Chiefs fan?

Avante
07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
How do you feel about Reid potentially throwing 75% of the time? I'd be fearful of that if I was a Chiefs fan.

co-sign

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2013, 10:50 AM
7 win ceiling imo

ShinerBlack
07-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Yup that's exactly my concern. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

ShinerBlack
07-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Totally read my mind. Wish I could add something but ya nailed it.

How long you been a Chiefs fan?

As long as I can remember. My dad was a huge cowboys fan but I just couldn't root for them. He bought me a chiefs shirt one day and been a fan ever since. Hard to find a chiefs game on tv here and don't have any nfl package so it can be a bit difficult keeping up with the team.

Darth_Pelican
07-03-2013, 11:36 AM
They have to play Denver twice, the Giants, the Cowboys, At Philly, the Texans, the Colts, and at Washington. Even with improvement, it's going to be tough for them to get in the playoffs. But yes, coming off a 2-14 season, even if they get to 8-8, thats a 6 game turn around, which is significant in one season.

ShinerBlack
07-03-2013, 11:53 AM
They have to play Denver twice, the Giants, the Cowboys, At Philly, the Texans, the Colts, and at Washington. Even with improvement, it's going to be tough for them to get in the playoffs. But yes, coming off a 2-14 season, even if they get to 8-8, thats a 6 game turn around, which is significant in one season.

That's the thing, even being 8-8 might get KC the division if Denver manages to trip up a bit. Not much separates the crapfest that is the AFC West. I'd just like to think that its going to be KC that pushes through.

Spur-Addict
07-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Yup that's exactly my concern. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Well, you guys certainly do not have an overly imposing wideout group as a whole. But what do you think of the potential of Baldwin?

ShinerBlack
07-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Well, you guys certainly do not have an overly imposing wideout group as a whole. But what do you think of the potential of Baldwin?

Expect a lot more out of him this year for sure. He should be able to flourish with a pass happy coach like Reid. I think him and Bowe have the potential to be an awesome tandem. Not sure yet if he would ever be the #1 WR on any team though but there's no rush for that as long as Bowe is on the team.

Aztecfan03
07-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Might have biggest turnaround, but no playoffs. Will still be behind Chargers and Broncos unless they both have multiple significant injuries. South or North divisions will get at least one playoff spot between them.

TIMMYtoZO
07-03-2013, 07:32 PM
That's the thing, even being 8-8 might get KC the division if Denver manages to trip up a bit. Not much separates the crapfest that is the AFC West. I'd just like to think that its going to be KC that pushes through.

:lol NOBODY is surpassing Denver in that division as long as Peyton Manning is at the helm. Everybody is playing for 2nd place.

Blizzardwizard
07-05-2013, 01:35 PM
1.) Broncos
2.) Chargers
3.) Chiefs
4.) Raiders.

spurraider21
09-04-2013, 04:40 AM
Alex Smith was very protected by Harbaugh in SF. He didn't have to do much at all, would often throw less than 20 passes a game. Handed the ball off a ton, and his main responsibility was to not turn it over so that his running game and defense would do all the work in the field position battle. Smith is going to have a much bigger load cut out for him in KC and I think he will be exposed. Charles will be his best friend, but their defense isn't elite, and their best receiver, Bowe, is not a good fit for Smith, a QB who is seemingly afraid to challenge deep despite having a big arm. Bowe is not a possession type guy

Avante
09-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Then we have to look at their schedule.

They could go 4-2 in that weak division

beat

Jags
Tenn
Buff
Cleve

They have a three home game stand.

I can see a 9-7 as a possibility. Regardless of Alex Smith.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 11:28 AM
the raiders swept them last season, and the raiders were pretty terrible. i'm not buying

HarlemHeat37
09-05-2013, 11:44 AM
:lol the annual false hope for the Chiefs, tbh..

I do believe they'll go 7-9 or 8-8 and Andy Reid will help a turnaround, but I'd be surprised if they make the playoffs, tbh..

Avante
09-05-2013, 12:55 PM
the raiders swept them last season, and the raiders were pretty terrible. i'm not buying

And the year before that Chiefs 28 Raiders 0 in Oakland

I think the Chiefs are on the up swing with the Raiders in need of a QB.

Avante
09-05-2013, 12:57 PM
:lol the annual false hope for the Chiefs, tbh..

I do believe they'll go 7-9 or 8-8 and Andy Reid will help a turnaround, but I'd be surprised if they make the playoffs, tbh..

New coach/QB could work wonders. But an 8-8 seems pretty realistic.

Trill Clinton
09-05-2013, 12:59 PM
avante, i picked jamaal charles as my RB in one of my fantasy leagues. i'm expecting him to have a good year on the ground, hopefully he stays healthy.

spurraider21
09-05-2013, 01:27 PM
And the year before that Chiefs 28 Raiders 0 in Oakland

I think the Chiefs are on the up swing with the Raiders in need of a QB.

oh, I don't think the Raiders > Chiefs this season. i'm just saying I don't buy the chiefs as a playoff team. but that 28-0 game was the game Kyle B:lolller started and Carson Palmer came in and played the 2nd half 3 days after being signed off the couch. I think we had something like 5 or 6 picks that game. We did beat them in OT later that season

Holden_Caulfield
09-05-2013, 02:07 PM
jags gonna tap that ass

Avante
09-06-2013, 07:31 AM
avante, i picked jamaal charles as my RB in one of my fantasy leagues. i'm expecting him to have a good year on the ground, hopefully he stays healthy.

Would you believe no RB in the history of the league averaged more per carry at this stage of their career, cat has a ...5.8. That is amazing. But...he doesn't score all that much.

I look for him to have one of those 1500 yard seasons, the Chiefs are not going to be a stud passing team. They don't have the personel. Charles will play a bigger role in their offense than most backs will in theirs.

He is the fastest back in the league, a legit 10.18 sprinter while at TEXAS.

Avante
09-19-2013, 11:16 PM
3-0...!!!!!!!

I did expect them to lose this one...short week...and on the road.

Avante
09-29-2013, 08:52 PM
4-0

Clipper Nation
09-29-2013, 08:57 PM
OP is a rapistPERIOD

spurraider21
09-29-2013, 08:59 PM
i want to see them play a contender before i'm sold, but so far so good. they're winning all the games they're supposed to win.

Avante
09-29-2013, 09:08 PM
i want to see them play a contender before i'm sold, but so far so good. they're winning all the games they're supposed to win.

This is just about being the most improved. They have already doubled last seasons wins, so I think it's safe to say they are the most improved.

Avante
10-07-2013, 02:19 PM
5-0

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 02:23 PM
smoke and mirrors. 5-0 start is probably good enough to squeak them into the playoffs, but this team is not legit

Avante
10-07-2013, 02:26 PM
smoke and mirrors. 5-0 start is probably good enough to squeak them into the playoffs, but this team is not legit

Nobody is talking about anything other than....are they the most improved team.....yes they are, you disagree?

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Nobody is talking about anything other than....are they the most improved team.....yes they are, you disagree?
the saints

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:35 PM
the saints

Come on man, that was a totally unique situation there. In 2011 the Saints went 14-4, the Chiefs 7-9.

And as of right now it would still be the Chiefs, the Saints will not double their seven wins from last season while the Chiefs have already doubled their two wins.

Pelicans78
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Chiefs are very improved. Their offense is below average, but they don't make many mistakes (which is an improvement from last season) and they have an elite defense. However, they haven't played much of a schedule yet. A home win against Dallas is their best win. They beat the Titans without Locker.

Avante
10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Chiefs are very improved. Their offense is below average, but they don't make many mistakes (which is an improvement from last season) and they have an elite defense. However, they haven't played much of a schedule yet. A home win against Dallas is their best win. They beat the Titans without Locker.

Still at this point of the 2012 season they were 1-4 with just a win vs....Saints. Then would lose the next...8.

They have a very legit shot at going....10-6.

Pelicans78
10-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Still at this point of the 2012 season they were 1-4 with just a win vs....Saints. Then would lose the next...8.

Yeah, overall their record is much better. The Saints were 7-9 last season. The Saints defense has made a complete 180. That's the biggest reason they're 5-0. Their offense has only scored 30 twice which is not the norm and they have no running game but Brees is being efficient. The offense overall is down from last season other than turnovers.

spurraider21
10-07-2013, 04:01 PM

what were the saints at this point last season?

Avante
10-07-2013, 04:06 PM
what were the saints at this point last season?

1-4 also. But would go 5-1 in the next 6 not 0-6.

Avante
11-03-2013, 07:15 PM
9-0

I really did think this was the week they lost a game....nope! Just an odds thing.

So being realistic...

At Denver...loss
SD...win
Denver..win???
At Washington....could go either way
AT Oakland....win...but the Raiders have always played them tough in Oakland
Indy...another..?
At SD..no sure thing.

How's bout 11-5 with a 12-4 not being a shocker.

TIMMYtoZO
11-03-2013, 08:34 PM
:lol KC will hit reality in 2 weeks from the Mile High City. Their fluky bs wins will start to decrease after the bye. It will begin 2 weeks from today on Sunday Night when Denver handles them fairly easily. They will lose 4-5 out of their final 7 and then get raped on the road in the Wild Card.

Avante
11-04-2013, 01:23 AM
:lol KC will hit reality in 2 weeks from the Mile High City. Their fluky bs wins will start to decrease after the bye. It will begin 2 weeks from today on Sunday Night when Denver handles them fairly easily. They will lose 4-5 out of their final 7 and then get raped on the road in the Wild Card.

So how many points will Denver win by, remember...easily.

TIMMYtoZO
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
So how many points will Denver win by, remember...easily.

Tbh, I expect Denver to win by 2-3 touchdowns. I expect Alex Smith and that regressing O to be limited. The KC D will wear down as the game goes on. The rematch in KC will be much more competitive given Denver's historic struggles at Arrowhead, tbh.