PDA

View Full Version : It's about to hit the fan in Egypt...

CosmicCowboy
07-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Morsi won't step down, Army about to overthrow hum, millions of opposing factions in the street...this could get real bloody real fast.

CosmicCowboy
07-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Oh yeah...expect gas prices to jump...nobody knows how this will effect the Suez Canal.

LnGrrrR
07-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Yeah, Morsi seems like an idiot.

TE
07-03-2013, 08:08 AM
The ultimatum ends at 10 am CT irrc.

boutons_deux
07-03-2013, 08:20 AM
That's what you get when put a bunch of religionist supremacists in office.

What we'd have with Palin as President with a bunch of Oral Roberts/Liberty/Southern Baptist "university" grads running US govt.

TeyshaBlue
07-03-2013, 09:17 AM
smh boutons

CosmicCowboy
07-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Looks like the military didn't waste any time.

xeromass
07-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Defense minister is speaking on TV, they suspended constitution, coup is underway.

boobie4three
07-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Egypt's new leader.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/krakee/220px-Hosni_Mubarak_ritratto_zpsc5912a7e.jpg

SA210
07-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Obama should be next :tu

Drachen
07-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Looks like the military didn't waste any time.

The is something to be said for punctuality

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Say what you will about the new regime but at least the tanks are running on time.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Obama should be next :tu

40% of the Egyptian population hit the streets to call for their president's resignation.

You post youtubes.

Das Texan
07-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Bravo on the major news networks not really covering this until the general came on and said, we are in charge now essentially.

But at least we know what was going on in the Zimmerman case!!!!

mrsmaalox
07-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Say what you will about the new regime but at least the tanks are running on time.

Nice :tu

boutons_deux
07-03-2013, 03:58 PM
I just saw Fox covering for about 1/2 hour and various talking heads, with of course the usual Uncle Tom, repealing Obamacare because the 1-year delay of the mandate/penalty (which is a huge plus for the Dems in 2014 campaign, since the Repugs seem to be planning to make Obamacare and Barry's War on Coal big campaign issues), which is much more important than yet another Egyptian govt falling.

TeyshaBlue
07-03-2013, 04:03 PM
crofl

SA210
07-03-2013, 04:06 PM
40% of the Egyptian population hit the streets to call for their president's resignation.

You post youtubes.

Nah, that's not all I do (even if it was, which it isn't...it's still more than what you do lol). Don't be angry that your Prez sucks and ppl call it out. lol

SA210
07-03-2013, 05:23 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/969678_10151596880537740_1290075425_n.png

FuzzyLumpkins
07-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Nah, that's not all I do (even if it was, which it isn't...it's still more than what you do lol). Don't be angry that your Prez sucks and ppl call it out. lol

I have written freshman congresspersons, I have gone and spoken at occupy and campus events. I contribute to the Modern Whig party.

I didn't vote for Obama so nice strawman, Dr. Meme.

SA210
07-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I have written freshman congresspersons, I have gone and spoken at occupy and campus events. I contribute to the Modern Whig party.

Oh, you do all that?. That's great! but still..catch up son :tu

FuzzyLumpkins
07-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Oh, you do all that?. That's great! but still..catch up son :tu

What do you do outside of post memes and/or youtubes you find at your pet sites and subscribe lists?

SA210
07-03-2013, 05:38 PM
What do you do outside of post memes and/or youtubes you find at your pet sites and subscribe lists?

more than you lol

TeyshaBlue
07-03-2013, 05:43 PM

Modern Whig party?

FuzzyLumpkins
07-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Modern Whig party?

http://www.modernwhig.info/

I always talk about how I want to see a third party become a legitimate factor in this country. Their platform and approach is something I appreciate very much.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-03-2013, 05:50 PM
What We Believe

The Modern Whigs are a pragmatic, common sense, centrist-oriented party where rational solutions trump ideology and integrity trumps impunity.

Our core modern Whig philosophy relies on several fundamental tenets:

INDEPENDENT THINKING, Modern Whigs try to practice independent critical thought. We sprang up as a reaction to ill conceived public policy that did not represent the will of the People. Today, we witness policy debates based on ideology, not on concrete solutions. Critical thinking means challenging all assumptions, and mapping and analyzing all possible solutions based on facts and potential outcomes, not on party ideology. Whigs are also keenly aware that much of what constitutes political debate today are people "parroting" others' opinions without reliance on facts or their own self discovery.

Modern Whigs come from a place of discovery. We assume that the best solutions are still waiting to be discovered by an empowered and engaged electorate, and that the current two party system is an impediment to our progress as a Nation. An undivided electorate who can approach issues with an open mind, without prior prejudice, is what our Nation needs to forge bold new solutions built on firm common ground. We believe in American ingenuity!

MERITOCRACY is another pillar of the Modern Whig Philosophy: we believe that society should reward merit, which is a combination of intelligence, talent, competence and hard work. Merit is determined through an objective evaluation of an individual’s professional accomplishments, educational achievements and personal character. Similarly, solutions to problems should be formed and judged in a rational manner based on a process of discovery, analysis and proposed solutions based on their merits, not on prior prejudice, pure self interest or false beliefs.

INTEGRITY is as fundamental a pillar to Modern Whigs as Independent Thought. Integrity means honesty and a commitment to an ethical approach to politics. Integrity in thought, integrity in action. Whigs practice what they preach, live up to their promises and do not make promises they cannot keep. Integrity also means accountability: no one is above the law and everyone lives by the same rules. You'll find Modern Whigs near mum on issues of social morality, as these are personal. On issues of ethics or integrity, however, we will hold our officers, leaders and candidates to the highest of ethical standards, above today's actual legal requirements.

These are the core tenets that form the foundation of the Modern Whig philosophy; These concepts allow us to look for genuine long-term solutions to our problems not just for today, but for the next generations as well, i.e., sustainable policies. Each of our members are encouraged and expected to contribute to this process by helping to shape the discussion and choosing competent people to hold office.

Modern Whigs are neither Conservative nor Liberal and do not wish to be confined to the traditional left-right political spectrum. In fact, in a purely historical or classic context, we can be considered Conservative Liberals. Really! In our current political reality, this seems like nonsense doesn't it? It is, however, patently true. How? To borrow a slogan, slightly altered, from President Clinton's campaign, "It's the system stupid!" Over time, the two party system has morphed into an IMPEDIMENT to a proper functioning democratic Republic, including its need to parse down important debates to two simplistic opposing viewpoints, or false binaries.

You can say that Modern Whigs have moved beyond the multiple false binaries of the current, outmoded, two party system and look to a new political reality which is only now being born. We find that this concept, however, makes it more difficult for many citizens to understand where we're coming from and how the Modern Whig movement intends to create an "Un-party" to challenge the exisiting status quo.

Beyond philosophical tenets, Modern Whigs also promote a concrete platform of political ideals and policies which we believe are the most critical issues to the welfare of our country. These principles bind us as moderates, unify us as Americans, and come from a place of inclusiveness, not division.

1.Fiscal Responsibility -Any action of the government must respect principles of fiscal responsibility and public accountability. Most states are constitutionally bound to balance their budgets. The Federal government, however, seems to be of the mind that money is infinitely printable. We must take control of our finances as they are already beginning to control us. Neither party has been able to acheive this, near idly standing by while spending spirals nearly out-of-control.

2.Energy Independence- Develop practical domestic energy sources and economically viable alternative energy to reduce dependence on foreign energy sources and strive towards energy independence. This is also a component of our inward looking economic focus. Energy independence impacts our national security, our foreign policy, as well as domestic employment.

3.Inward looking economic focus - It's about time we refocus on ourselves and discover and implement policies to grow domestic demand and our manufacturing base. Only this can provide an environment which can create the kinds of jobs that will support American families within the context of a globally interdependent world. Our Renewed American System (RAS) is a holistic and sustainable set of interdependent policies that defines America's first true industrial policy.

4.State's Responsibility- Each state can generally determine its course of action based on local values and unique needs. Whigs believe in a strong government at every level and separation of powers. Yet, strong and competent local and state governments are important, as they are the level of government where the people can get most involved. All citizens need to ensure the Federal government doesnt usurp its Constitutional authority. Over the last twenty years, Federal authority has been allowed to creep into areas where it may not be appropriate, making an open honest dialouge about what we expect from government a future necessity.

5.Social Acceptance -When the government is compelled to legislate morality (laws), every citizen should be considered as equal. Our Constitution empowers us to be the vanguard of social acceptance, and here we should be leading the world BY EXAMPLE.

6.Education and Scientific Advancement- Increase public and private emphasis on math and science to promote American innovation to compete in the global economy.

7.Veterans Affairs -Vigilant advocacy relating to the medical, financial, and overall well-being of our military families and veterans.

8.Electoral & Government Reform- Support efforts and work for governmental reform that makes the American government efficient, fair, and responsive at all levels. Support efforts and work for electoral reform to allow all Americans to have their voices heard and make it rational for citizens to participate in the government and electoral processes. To this end MWP supports the adoption of Approval Voting ballots at all levels of government, eliminating the "least bad" choice many of us face at election day while at the same time serving to un-polarize the candidates.

A more comprehensive list of current Whig stands on a broad range of issues can be found in our " Where We Stand" section.

What Modern Whigs do not do is to tell Americans what to believe. This very "Un-party" concept troubles many who meet us for the first time, as most of today's political parties make you "buy in" to their belief set. Your personal morality is of little concern to us. Your civic mindedness and personal ethics, however, are of paramount concern as they should be to all our fellow citizens at the most fundamental level. Civic ethics combined with self discovery fosters true open minded dialouge and critical thinking even among citizens that have historically been at odds. This must occur to wright our Republic.

Whigs believe it is time to change the antiquated two party system with a more open and citizen-centric solution.

Whigs believe it is critical for citizens to re-engage in civic affairs with new tools and a different mindset. Citizens' over reliance on political parties as their proxy in government has in large part caused the mess we're in. (as predicted by our first Commander-in-Chief, General George Washington)

Whigs believe that focusing on the processes of governance and refocusing political participation in America is the ONLY proper long term solution to enable truly effective public policy and better governance, allowing the promise of America to be realized by the many, rather than the few.

Therefore the Modern Whig Philosophy uses methodology not ideology, to solve problems.

We are committed to changing the political reality in America to something better than the two party dysfuntion we find ourseves mired in today. The system of political participation has become the root of many of our problems and must be rebuilt by We The People.

The process starts with you.

TeyshaBlue
07-03-2013, 05:55 PM
In. Thx fuzzy. I'm going to check out their full platform online.

Capt Bringdown
07-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Another nation born on July 4th?

Drachen
07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
In. Thx fuzzy. I'm going to check out their full platform online.

This. Me too.

Drachen
07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Another nation born on July 4th?

July 4th, 3000 BC?

ElNono
07-03-2013, 11:33 PM
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

velik_m
07-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Nothing says free democracy like elected leader getting overthrown by an army, i guess they will keep having free and democratic elections until they elect the right people...

lefty
07-04-2013, 12:42 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/969678_10151596880537740_1290075425_n.png

:lol

Obama expresses deep concern, doesn't condemn Egyptian military intervention (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-expresses-deep-concern-doesnt-condemn-egyptian-military-234335565.html)http://forum.dzfoot.com/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

Jacob1983
07-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Obama supported overthrowing the previous dictator so this piece of shit dictator could be in charge? Obama is a bigger dumbass than Bush. What a joke. And now he's pussying out on doing more nation building in Egypt. I just don't see how liberals and Democrat jizz drinkers still orgasm over Obama. The man is a Bush clone when it comes to foreign policy. Actually, I'd say he is Bush on steroids when it comes to foreign policy.