PDA

View Full Version : Spurs will NOT make it back to title game

lebomb
07-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Mark my words.... Alot of teams will be much better, we will stay the same signing the likes of Tiago Splitter :rolleyes

Baam
07-03-2013, 08:30 AM
That's my gut feeling as well.

We had the easiest road to the Finals we could ever hope for with a 7th, 6th and 5th seed (pretty ridiculous when you think about it) and Tim can fall off at any moment. And Manu is pretty much done, gotta hope he learns to play within himself and fix his 3pt shot but he isn't getting any better let's be real.

So we needed to get better. Standing pat is a bad option but then again this is a team/FO that never went to the Finals twice in a row...

K-State Spur
07-03-2013, 08:45 AM
We had the easiest road to the Finals we could ever hope for with a 7th, 6th and 5th seed (pretty ridiculous when you think about it)

All 3 of those teams won more games (in the tougher conference) than Miami's corresponding road to the Finals.

The seeds lined up okay, but to play teams with 45 -> 47 -> 56 wins en route to the Finals (then playing a 66 win team), that's not abnormal (or EASY) by any stretch.

I'd like to add another piece or two - but Spurs' hope for another title run lies in 1) health to the key guys* & 2) Kawhi, Splitter, & Nando/CoJo continuing to improve by more than TD & Tony drop-off from last year. I would say Manu, but his game already took a big step down last year and team weathered it nicely.

* if that doesn't happen, it doesn't really matter who else the team signs, not winning shit.

UZER
07-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Im on the fence on this one. I understand the point, but the spurs already have great chemistry. I can see them coming out of the gate on a mission strong to restake their claim as the best team in the west.

But we all know pop gets worries they wont get over themselves and starts experimenting with ridiculous line-ups.

look_at_g_shred
07-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Not disagreeing with you but tell me who it is that will knock us out....Clips? Thunder? Lakers? Warriors? or the defensive juggernaut Grizz?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Well make it to the title, and you guys are pussies

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Spurs are a rebound away from beating the Heat and suddenly :cry Spurs suck and so many teams will be better than them next year they have no shot :cry

stfu already

look_at_g_shred
07-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Spurs are a rebound away from beating the Heat and suddenly :cry Spurs suck and so many teams will be better than them next year they have no shot :cry

stfu already

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 08:51 AM
And everyone in the West is a tier below the Spurs barring trades, especially with OKC losing Harden and now Martin for nothing while having to rely on scrubs like Jeremy Lamb and Perkins :lmao also who knows if Westbrook will come back the same after his injury because his game is predicated on explosiveness. The point is, had the Spurs grabbed that rebound, won the title, and stood pat, most of you would've been fine with it. We didn't get bounced in the first round. Some of you guys really need some perspective. It took LeBron James going unconscious from 3 point land as well as Battier having the game of his fucking life to beat us. Not saying we're guaranteed to be in the Finals but you're retarded if you think we need some overhaul or we're going to be a 1st round exit next year

benefactor
07-03-2013, 08:53 AM
The OP eats assholes. Just sayin.

K-State Spur
07-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Yep, as the rosters stand right now - the only legit threat to the a healthy Spurs team (provided Duncan/Parker continue near their current levels - that's the giant caveat in ANY formula that puts the Spurs near a title) in the west is OKC, a team that is backpedaling from the roster that beat Spurs 2 seasons ago.

Keepin' it real
07-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Spurs will NOT make it back to the title game ... Mark my words.... Alot of teams will be much better, we will stay the same signing the likes of Tiago Splitter :rolleyes

There is no "title game" in the NBA. This is not college.

But I get your point, and there is some merit to it. Even I will acknowledge the Spurs got some lucky breaks this year.

But a word of caution: Many critics said the same thing (a lot of teams will be much better ... and Spurs will be the same and one year older) after the Spurs lost in the WCF last year, and we all saw what happened this year.

stepmonkey
07-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Mark my words.... Alot of teams will be much better, we will stay the same signing the likes of Tiago Splitter :rolleyes

Thank you Nostradumbass!!!!

gnsf0946
07-03-2013, 09:05 AM
we couldn't get to the finals in back2back years even with young Tim, how are we supposed to do that now with him being 37 and counting?

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 09:10 AM
The OP eats assholes. Just sayin.This ^^^ guy can't stand criticism.

King
07-03-2013, 09:14 AM
That's my gut feeling as well.

We had the easiest road to the Finals we could ever hope for with a 7th, 6th and 5th seed (pretty ridiculous when you think about it) and Tim can fall off at any moment. And Manu is pretty much done, gotta hope he learns to play within himself and fix his 3pt shot but he isn't getting any better let's be real.

We had the 7th, 6th and 5th seeds because those teams beat the 1st, 3rd and 4th seeds.

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 09:20 AM
we couldn't get to the finals in back2back years even with young Tim, how are we supposed to do that now with him being 37 and counting?

Prime Shaq, prime Kobe, and Phil Jackson are not standing in the way

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 09:22 AM
We had the 7th, 6th and 5th seeds because those teams beat the 1st, 3rd and 4th seeds.

lol seriously, like the fucking injured Thunder, the Nuggets, or the Clippers were these badass juggernauts that we needed to beat to prove ourselves. Spurs took a wet shit on the Clips last year and would've done so again and even with Westbrook the Spurs would've curbstomped OKC because Harden was still gone. Spurs swept the Grizz at full strength and took the defending champs to the brink. Again, a little perspective here.

benefactor
07-03-2013, 09:24 AM
This ^^^ guy can't stand criticism.
Oh he's proud of it...seriously. Ask him if you don't believe me.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 09:24 AM
And everyone in the West is a tier below the Spurs barring trades, especially with OKC losing Harden and now Martin for nothing while having to rely on scrubs like Jeremy Lamb and Perkins :lmao also who knows if Westbrook will come back the same after his injury because his game is predicated on explosiveness. The point is, had the Spurs grabbed that rebound, won the title, and stood pat, most of you would've been fine with it. We didn't get bounced in the first round. Some of you guys really need some perspective. It took LeBron James going unconscious from 3 point land as well as Battier having the game of his fucking life to beat us. Not saying we're guaranteed to be in the Finals but you're retarded if you think we need some overhaul or we're going to be a 1st round exit next yearNobody wants a complete overhaul. Spurs need ONE, just ONE good FA. I don't mind keeping the same roster but can we at least sign one good impact player via free agency? That one player should preferably be a backup PG.

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 09:29 AM
That's what I'm saying. Spurs nab a Kirkilenko and a decent backup PG to spell Tony for a bit and we're set imo. Although honestly I wish Ellis would come off the bench here, I truly think he would be one deadly mofo in a 6th man role on a contender. Problem is I don't see him coming for what we have left, and we almost certainly can't get AK47 and Ellis.

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Also Kawhi Leonard is going to breakout next year, mark my words.

Raven
07-03-2013, 09:32 AM
we'll be better just because of a natural improvement from kawhi, green, joseph and tiago. Playing in the same system for years makes things better. I don't see big improvements in the other teams of the west anyway and we have a huge advantage for now.

ihustle
07-03-2013, 09:34 AM
From 28 secs to our 5th title to a we suck thread. Have you bounced a basketball before? Take your ass a nap.

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Nobody wants a complete overhaul. Spurs need ONE, just ONE good FA. I don't mind keeping the same roster but can we at least sign one good impact player via free agency? That one player should preferably be a backup PG.

No. We need a decent wing to backup Leonard and that's pretty much it. I'm down with rolling with Joseph as backup next year seeing as how he went from looking like a complete waste of a pick to looking like a good young player with room still to grow in one year.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 09:42 AM
No. We need a decent wing to backup Leonard and that's pretty much it. I'm down with rolling with Joseph as backup next year seeing as how he went from looking like a complete waste of a pick to looking like a good young player with room still to grow in one year.Whatever. I just hope the FO signs one impact player via free agency. I would love Jarrett Jack, AK47, or Jose Calderon. Jarrett Jack will probably be pursued by 6 teams so he will become expensive. Jose Calderon is a very efficient player but he'll probably be over paid too by a team not named the Spurs. AK47 I believe said he doesn't want to be a bench player. Things aren't looking good.

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Spurs are very good at weighing all options and doing things quietly. My feeling is that the impact player you speak of hasn't yet been linked to the Spurs and won't be until they're able to start working on a deal with said player.

Hopefully, anyway.

dbestpro
07-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I have not seen any team in the west get better. Clipper moves have been lateral, at best. OKC is a little weaker. The olny thing that can be said is every team is one year older. Maybe good for Minnesota and Golden St. Spurs are still the Spurs, and we have not gotten worse. If nothing changes we still will get to see Baynes throwing a few bodies around. Not enough to win the finals, but still enough to get back.

biskvito
07-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Absolutely, OP.

Sweeping the Grizzlies was pure luck, and Splitter had nothing to do with it.

Regular season was trash too. All teams left behind by Spurs are thankful they weren't successful enough to actually have a chance to win it all.

George Gervin's Afro
07-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Op going out on a limb with this prediction..

DesignatedT
07-03-2013, 11:02 AM
What a bold prediction. lol gtfo

texmich
07-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Not disagreeing with you but tell me who it is that will knock us out....Clips? Thunder? Lakers? Warriors? or the defensive juggernaut Grizz?
Lol you are a crazy homer, which is fine, but we got bounced out by okc and Memphis past couple yrs, but oh wait we beat them last yr so automatic win for us nxt yr right, using that logic Memphis fans thought the same this past yr. Its the NBA, so yes a healthy OKC can knock us out, and a better coachd hungry clipper team could give the spurs a run or a more experienced Golden ST team could surprise us. I mean cmon man

Ron Swanson
07-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks for saving me the time of watching next season. Got the lottery #s too?

Stabula
07-03-2013, 12:11 PM
The Spurs really need a back up for Kawhi and as long as they can get that covered they're in good shape. They showed last year that they and the Heat are clearly the best teams in the league right now. I hate when people bring up the "easy road" the Spurs had to the Finals because it wasn't that easy. The Spurs beat a sizzling hot Warriors team that was at the peak of their game and swept the Grizzlies hardly breaking a sweat in the process. They took Miami to 7 games and everyone knows they should have won it all. Spurs and Heat are still the teams to beat.

CitizenDwayne
07-03-2013, 12:20 PM
"A lot of teams will be much better."

You lost me there.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 12:21 PM
The Spurs really need a back up for Kawhi and as long as they can get that covered they're in good shape. They showed last year that they and the Heat are clearly the best teams in the league right now. I hate when people bring up the "easy road" the Spurs had to the Finals because it wasn't that easy. The Spurs beat a sizzling hot Warriors team that was at the peak of their game and swept the Grizzlies hardly breaking a sweat in the process. They took Miami to 7 games and everyone knows they should have won it all. Spurs and Heat are still the teams to beat.You don't think a miracle come back and a prayer shot by Manu Ginobili against GSW was luck? GTFO of here you homer.

ElNono
07-03-2013, 12:23 PM
way to put yourself out there... that only happens to 29 out of 30 teams every season? :lol

Stabula
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
You don't think a miracle come back and a prayer shot by Manu Ginobili against GSW was luck? GTFO of here you homer.

That was only one game before the Spurs got Green and Leonard to completely shut-down the belly flop brothers. Golden State won a lucky game at home as well, I think it was game 4. Curry will probably have a shattered ankle or two by the 2014 playoffs anyway.

Horse
07-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Okc just got worse, we destroyed memphis, figured out golden state. The only concern I have out west is what doc will do with the clips. But I could see blake choking in a big moment. No reason Leonard, Green, Joseph and Tiago don't continue to improve. Just look at Green and Kahwi from WCF 2012 to this year. Danny gets any kind of inbetween game and they won't be able to take him out like they did and they are fucked then. We were the BEST team of the 12-13 playoffs and gave it away so why can't we get back?

Horse
07-03-2013, 12:51 PM
And no team should be hungrier than us after giving the title away.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Okc just got worse, we destroyed memphis, figured out golden state. The only concern I have out west is what doc will do with the clips. But I could see blake choking in a big moment. No reason Leonard, Green, Joseph and Tiago don't continue to improve. Just look at Green and Kahwi from WCF 2012 to this year. Danny gets any kind of inbetween game and they won't be able to take him out like they did and they are fucked then. We were the BEST team of the 12-13 playoffs and gave it away so why can't we get back?You forgot to mention the most important part of the puzzle. How good will Tim Duncan be at 38? Tim Duncan is the main reason we have 4 championships. Tim Duncan is the main reason (his resurrection) why we have done so well these past two years. It all started with Tim Duncan and sadly, everything will end w/Tim Duncan. No Tim Duncan = End of the Spurs era.

Spur|n|Austin
07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
The ass licker is trollin fools today..

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
OP can you please shut up?

tesseractive
07-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Clipper moves have been lateral, at best.
Eh, Clips got an actual NBA coach, so that might help. :lol

spursince#99
07-03-2013, 01:18 PM
So basically you guys expect Danny Green to shoot lights out in the Finals again? :rolleyes

spursince#99
07-03-2013, 01:24 PM
You guys better pray that Danny is able to create off the dribble with regularity next season or else we're doomed.

kobexxx
07-03-2013, 01:26 PM
i think Clips/or GSW vs Grizzlies will batttle for the trophy of WCF this year. All these teams are young and more experienced now. Manu and Tim are older

gameFACE
07-03-2013, 01:31 PM
For the last three seasons I thought I was seeing the writing on the wall for the Spurs but was still enjoying watching them. But now after this past season, I will never say the Spurs will not make it to the Finals. As long as the Big 3 (or 2 1/2) are here they have a chance.

Budkin
07-03-2013, 02:07 PM
There is no title game so you're right.

therealtruth
07-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Our starting 5 is still the best defensive starting 5 in the NBA. That's the reason we made it to the Finals. We abandoned that defense in the Finals from games 4-7.

PlayNando
07-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Bold prediction. :sleep

elmanutres
07-03-2013, 06:13 PM
warriors gave us the real wcf. I'm more worried about them. I ain't worried about the clippers with their poor mans vince carter or a harden-less thunder, or a pathetic laker team or a offensively dead grizz team, that warrior team is a team you can't simply just step on. This board set cliff-diving records when they beat us those 2 times.

elmanutres
07-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Okc just got worse, we destroyed memphis, figured out golden state. The only concern I have out west is what doc will do with the clips. But I could see blake choking in a big moment. No reason Leonard, Green, Joseph and Tiago don't continue to improve. Just look at Green and Kahwi from WCF 2012 to this year. Danny gets any kind of inbetween game and they won't be able to take him out like they did and they are fucked then. We were the BEST team of the 12-13 playoffs and gave it away so why can't we get back?
no need to worry on the poor mans vince carter and the 2nd best flopper in the league

Baseline
07-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Pop gave away our title this year, and he's still our coach. Manu did his part in giving away the title as well, and we paid him 14M for two more years, when he's worth no more than 2/8M, and that's only because he's played at a championship level for us before. But THOSE DAYS ARE CLEARLY OVER. See: Game 6. Tiago pulled a complete Houdini in the Finals, and we pay him like the emperor of Rome. Pop lost his mind with a minute left in Game 6, and is obviously still insane. Frankly, I feel sorry for Tim.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Pop gave away our title this year, and he's still our coach. Manu did his part in giving away the title as well, and we paid him 14M for two more years, when he's worth no more than 2/8M, and that's only because he's played at a championship level for us before. But THOSE DAYS ARE CLEARLY OVER. See: Game 6. Tiago pulled a complete Houdini in the Finals, and we pay him like the emperor of Rome. Pop lost his mind with a minute left in Game 6, and is obviously still insane. Frankly, I feel sorry for Tim.http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/images/uploads/15B_thums_up.jpg

KL2
07-03-2013, 06:35 PM
warriors gave us the real wcf. I'm more worried about them. I ain't worried about the clippers with their poor mans vince carter or a harden-less thunder, or a pathetic laker team or a offensively dead grizz team, that warrior team is a team you can't simply just step on. This board set cliff-diving records when they beat us those 2 times.

Not that worried about the Warriors, especially if they can't resign Jack. They already lost a major piece this off season, their assistant head coach Mike Malone. When Jackson was giving those BS speeches it was Malone who was drawing up plays, putting guys in the correct position, actually coaching.

I clearly remember Malone drawing the final play in overtime against the Spurs while Jackson just stood to the side, can you imagine Pop doing that? Especially in a playoff game.

Jackson was happy to take all the credit while the real coach was Malone.

poop
07-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Pop gave away our title this year, and he's still our coach. Manu did his part in giving away the title as well, and we paid him 14M for two more years, when he's worth no more than 2/8M, and that's only because he's played at a championship level for us before. But THOSE DAYS ARE CLEARLY OVER. See: Game 6. Tiago pulled a complete Houdini in the Finals, and we pay him like the emperor of Rome. Pop lost his mind with a minute left in Game 6, and is obviously still insane. Frankly, I feel sorry for Tim.
ginobili is completey old and done and we wasted our chance at signing a good peice by showering a soon to be 38yr old guard with vast history of injury problems and the main reason we lost the title with money.