PDA

View Full Version : Message to all the Spurs homers (Popsuckers and Man fan boys)

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 01:11 PM
How good will Tim Duncan be at 38? Tim Duncan is the main reason we have 4 championships. Tim Duncan is the main reason (his resurrection) why we have done so well these past two years. It all started with Tim Duncan and sadly, it will all end with Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is the GOAT Power forward.

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are both compliments to Tim Duncan's greatness. Without Tim Duncan, Pop would probably not be the great coach he is. Without Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili would probably not be future Hall of Famers.

If Tim Duncan has a another good year, then the Spurs homer fans will be right in that the Spurs will probably be right back where they belong, assuming that everyone stays healthy. If Tim Duncan starts reverting to the TD version of three years ago, then all the realists like myself will be right. The Spurs will not get out of the Western Conference.

So let's all hope and pray that Tim Duncan still has a lot left in the tank. Let's all hope that the improvement of Danny Green, Tiago Splitter, and Kawhi Leonard will be enough to compensate for any drop in Tim Duncan's game.

Tim Duncan will always be my favorite Spur and he is the only one that I will never criticize. He is the reason the Spurs are a dynasty. Don't ever forget that Spurs homers. No Tim Duncan = End of the championship contender era.
I misspelled Manu's name on the title thread. I apologize. This is not a troll thread. Just wanted to make things clear.

Vic Petro
07-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Because he has shown soooooooo many signs of regression

spurraider21
07-03-2013, 01:13 PM
If we get enough votes, will you ban yourself?

tesseractive
07-03-2013, 01:15 PM
No Tim Duncan = End of the championship contender era.
Stop the fucking presses.

benefactor
07-03-2013, 01:15 PM
http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/shut-up-Favim.com-369715.gif

biskvito
07-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Also, grass is green.

ElNono
http://www.the-coli.com/gifs/b6acnl.gif

8FOR!3
Ginobili lead Argentina to a gold medal. That constitutes hall of fame. Not trying to take anything away from Tim. But TP and Manu are great in their own right.

ElNono
07-03-2013, 01:21 PM
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/Rishtopher/You-Salty.gif

timtonymanu
07-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Man fan boys. :lol

benefactor
07-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Man fan boys. :lol
Still got last nights threesome with Baam and TheGoldStandard fresh on his brain.

timtonymanu
07-03-2013, 01:29 PM
:lol

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Championships are team accomplishments. No doubt about that. Championships also require legendary players like Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Shaq, and Tim Duncan. Very rarely does a team win a championship without a legendary player. A couple that I can remember are "The Bad Boys 'Detroit Pistons'" and the 2004 Detroit Piston. So yeah, like it or not, my thread is right on cue.

z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5SyMO_tR70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KYeT_anT9E

Solid D
07-03-2013, 01:30 PM
http://lipstickmakeseverythingbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Look-at-Me1.jpg

texmich
07-03-2013, 01:31 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/woohoo-leo.gif So fuckn TRUE!!!!!!!!!! You are one of the few on this site, that is intelligent enough to see the big picture. Its like fuckn forbid you have a thought that's not pro manu or pop, cause the homers will call for blood. Damn all im saying is Tim deserves to go out a champ and I am hoping for that as much as anyone but I just don't think the FO has given him the best chances, by staying too loyal to lesser players. I am a spurs fan despite what yall think, haters gonna hate I guess

ChumpDumper
07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
So your bold take is Tim Duncan is a good basketball player?

Wow.

Deserved its own thread.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2013, 01:34 PM
am a spurs fan despite what yall think, haters gonna hate I guess Yes, you are going to hate.

timtonymanu
07-03-2013, 01:35 PM
TheGreatYacht & texmich are the new silvrblk and TJ

texmich
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM
So your bold take is Tim Duncan is a good basketball player?

Wow.

Deserved its own thread.
Lol wow 76000 + posts damn http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/allaseal/Random/stunned.gif

K-State Spur
If Tim Duncan starts reverting to the TD version of three years ago, then all the realists like myself will be right. The Spurs will not get out of the Western Conference.

TD was still pretty damn good 3 years ago (22 PER).

But no, if he starts reverting, you won't be right. Because you seem to be operating under that assumption that the Spurs can make a move this offseason that would cover for that.

If Duncan's game falls off by a large degree, that's it - until some form of a rebuild takes place (hopefully a short one). Any and all scenarios that involve the Spurs as legit title contenders have TD playing at a high level.

ChumpDumper
Lol wow 76000 + posts damn http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/allaseal/Random/stunned.gifBeen done, newbie.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Huh.

I've been watching the Spurs since the late 70's. Until I read this thread, I had no idea that Tim Duncan was a difference-making player.

lol "realists."

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Huh.

I've been watching the Spurs since the late 70's. Until I read this thread, I had no idea that Tim Duncan was a difference-making player.

lol "realists."This thread was more of a message to all the people that idolize Gregg Poppovich, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. Believe it or not, there are some Spurs fans that will say that their favorite player is TP or that their favorite player is Manu. Heck, even my own younger brother says that Kawhi Leonrad is his favorite player. This thread was to remind some people that a lot of Spurs fans take Tim Duncan for granted.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Then this thread is kinda dumb.

texmich
07-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Been done, newbie.
I am sure it has, but its just crazy, like I met the great yoda of spurs talk! Pleasure to meet u sir

Brunodf
07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
:cryBut but Pop has 4 championships, is always right and can throw away more championships!:cry

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2013, 01:54 PM
This thread was more of a message to all the people that idolize Gregg Poppovich, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. Believe it or not, there are some Spurs fans that will say that their favorite player is TP or that their favorite player is Manu. Heck, even my own younger brother says that Kawhi Leonrad is his favorite player. This thread was to remind some people that a lot of Spurs fans take Tim Duncan for granted.

Having a favorite player who isn't Tim Duncan is not the equivalent of taking Tim Duncan for granted.

Blake
07-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Lol pop haters still doing what they do

ChumpDumper
07-03-2013, 01:55 PM
I am sure it has, but its just crazy, like I met the great yoda of spurs talk! Pleasure to meet u sirNot really.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 01:58 PM
TD was still pretty damn good 3 years ago (22 PER).

But no, if he starts reverting, you won't be right. Because you seem to be operating under that assumption that the Spurs can make a move this offseason that would cover for that.

If Duncan's game falls off by a large degree, that's it - until some form of a rebuild takes place (hopefully a short one). Any and all scenarios that involve the Spurs as legit title contenders have TD playing at a high level.Good point. Still the Tim Duncan from these past two years is way better than the TD from 2008-2011, you know the TD that had a few extra pounds on him.

Carnage&Mayhem
07-03-2013, 02:06 PM
This thread was more of a message to all the people that idolize Gregg Poppovich, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili. Believe it or not, there are some Spurs fans that will say that their favorite player is TP or that their favorite player is Manu. Heck, even my own younger brother says that Kawhi Leonrad is his favorite player. This thread was to remind some people that a lot of Spurs fans take Tim Duncan for granted.

Fav player just means fav player tbh

nothin to do with being unappreciative towards anyone else

Embedded
07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Mr. Duncan likely has some influence on the roster. You think he wants Mr. Ginobili back, or not? I personally want to see the big three together more than I want the team blown up. We came within 5.2 seconds of winning a championship. Mr. Ginobili entered the playoffs out of rhythm, and Mr. Parker was dealing with leg issues. I went into the playoffs personally wanting us to win the west, I didn't think we'd do as well against Miami as we did. Took them to 7 games and very nearly won it all. Let's face it, game 6 was how the ball bounces sometimes. Give Chris Bosh credit, he said Mr. Green wouldn't be open, and when Mr. Green tried to take the corner 3 at the end, Bosh denied it.

therealtruth
07-03-2013, 05:30 PM
TD said he trust Pop as long as they win. They didn't win. I wonder if he still trusts Pop. I forgot when we were winning championships and Duncan was sitting out the final possessions of crucial playoff games.

Knoxxx
07-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Duncan can't play 35-40+ minutes in the Finals compensating for 2-3 other guys not doing a damn thing we all know that after seeing it live in excruciating detail.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Duncan can't play 35-40+ minutes in the Finals compensating for 2-3 other guys not doing a damn thing we all know that after seeing it live in excruciating detail.BBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Chinook
07-03-2013, 05:46 PM
BBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why only one 'g'?

elmanutres
07-03-2013, 06:00 PM
i say this clash of pop and manu haters vs pop and manu lovers will continue well into the summer, reg season and will boil over in the playoffs.

texmich
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
i say this clash of pop and manu haters vs pop and manu lovers will continue well into the summer, reg season and will boil over in the playoffs.
Well all those old timer spurstalk members that wont allow for opinions can http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpp5a0kKch1qaj09r.gif

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 06:09 PM
How good will Tim Duncan be at 38? Tim Duncan is the main reason we have 4 championships. Tim Duncan is the main reason (his resurrection) why we have done so well these past two years. It all started with Tim Duncan and sadly, it will all end with Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is the GOAT Power forward.

Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are both compliments to Tim Duncan's greatness. Without Tim Duncan, Pop would probably not be the great coach he is. Without Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili would probably not be future Hall of Famers.

If Tim Duncan has a another good year, then the Spurs homer fans will be right in that the Spurs will probably be right back where they belong, assuming that everyone stays healthy. If Tim Duncan starts reverting to the TD version of three years ago, then all the realists like myself will be right. The Spurs will not get out of the Western Conference.

So let's all hope and pray that Tim Duncan still has a lot left in the tank. Let's all hope that the improvement of Danny Green, Tiago Splitter, and Kawhi Leonard will be enough to compensate for any drop in Tim Duncan's game.

Tim Duncan will always be my favorite Spur and he is the only one that I will never criticize. He is the reason the Spurs are a dynasty. Don't ever forget that Spurs homers. No Tim Duncan = End of the championship contender era.

:violin

Vash StampedE
07-03-2013, 06:18 PM
You don't say.

Marrow
07-03-2013, 06:30 PM
TheGreatYacht presents "The Continued Beating of the Deceased Equine"