PDA

View Full Version : Will Spurs be the favorite in the west next season?

sharkenleo
07-03-2013, 01:56 PM
We're so used to being mostly ignored and flying under the radar, but do you think this season will do anything to change that?

SsKSpurs21
07-03-2013, 01:59 PM
not unless we sign a top free agent like dwight howard or josh smith or do a crazy trade to get some superstars.

other than that, we will just be penciled in around the 3rd or 4th best team in the west behind OKC, Lakers, and now probably Clipps.

Vic Petro
07-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Depends on what you mean by the favorite. Of course the media will never pick them as the favorite. They'll be behind OKC, the Clippers, and whoever signs Dwight according to the "experts"

In reality they were best in the west last season and 2nd best this season. I fully expect them to be in the Final 4 again next season barring injury.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Nope. DisneySPN will do their usual marketing of the Heat, Lakers, and you can even add Brooklyn to the list.

Budkin
07-03-2013, 02:06 PM
They will be in the top 3 for sure. Why not with Parker at his peak?

DMX7
07-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Uh... no.

CitizenDwayne
07-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Media favorites? Probably not.

Best record in the West? I would say so.

I look forward to laughing at how quickly ESPN (as well as the majority of Spur fans) forgets that we were 28 seconds from a championship.

elmanutres
07-03-2013, 06:03 PM
i believe they have a good shot getting back in the finals, but you have to understand how the media perceive the spurs. They always count them out and ignore them, then act totally shock if they make it far. It's like this every year.

Baam
07-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Media favorites? Probably not.

Best record in the West? I would say so.

I look forward to laughing at how quickly ESPN (as well as the majority of Spur fans) forgets that we were 28 seconds from a championship.

You forget that we had an easy road to the Finals while the HGH cyborgs came off a grueling 7 game series, odds are it's gonna be much harder this year.

BatManu20
07-03-2013, 06:05 PM
OKC with a healthy Westbrook back should be the favorites imo. Especially since we didn't bring any FA's in.

CitizenDwayne
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
You forget that we had an easy road to the Finals while the HGH cyborgs came off a grueling 7 game series, odds are it's gonna be much harder this year.

Easy? We swept the Grizz, who many people expected to beat us, or at least take us to 7. The fact that it was so easy, while the Heat struggled mightily with the Pacers (the Eastern Conference twin of the Grizz), is a testament to how good this team is.

Also, what makes you think our road next year will be so much more difficult? Who in the WC is showing great signs of improvement, other than perhaps the Rockets?

spurraider21
07-03-2013, 06:07 PM
OKC with a healthy Westbrook back should be the favorites imo. Especially since we didn't bring any FA's in.
we were about even with OKC last year, and i think considering how well we played the Heat, we'd have been odds on favorites against a healthy Thunder squad anyway. But at least this offseason we kept our guys. OKC hasn't gotten anybody of note and just lost Kevin Martin. they want to replace him with Dorrell Wright. they've regressed as far as their personnel for 2 straight offseasons

Holden_Caulfield
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM
name a year when we were actually a favorite

cd021
07-03-2013, 09:07 PM

If they cut all non guaranteed contracts, they will have about $7.5 to sign 3 players (the minimum for any roster is 12)They unless they nab Jack and expect him to be the 3rd option ( a little over his head) there really isn't a ton of ways to improve. The worst part of their predicament is that their starting lineup includes 3 players that rely heavily on Westbrook to get shots. He can ignore teammates for long stretches and allow defenses to hone in on him.I just don't see them improving that much. As of right now a championship contenders 3rd option is Ibaka, that should scare anyone away from picking this team.

Leonard and Splitter are going to take on expanded roles. Leonard should be about 36 mpg. We saw how good he was since March 1 thru the finals. If Green can learn to dribble a basketball then he becomes a drastically improved player. Neal showed improvement as a play maker and was injured for almost all of last season. Manu should have a slightly diminished role that he can thrive in. We've should be much better this season. Our defense was 4th in the league without us have SF's for a large chunk of it. Duncan missed a dozen games as well. Better health should give us a favorable chance of winning the west.

GSW and possibly the Clippers should be improved and threats as much as OKC.

Brunodf
07-03-2013, 09:12 PM
No

Marrow
07-03-2013, 09:22 PM
spurs will be contending like every year...but no they will not or never will be favourites according to the "experts"

Mugen
07-03-2013, 09:28 PM
As presently constituted, I don't see any team in the West beating the Spurs in a series without a key injury or Duncan reverting back to 09-12 form.

Offseason just started and injuries are always a concern but even if the Spurs bring back the same team next year, they're in good position to get back to the Finals.

Johnny RIngo
07-03-2013, 09:30 PM
OKC over Spurs in six games.

marzbarz
07-03-2013, 09:32 PM
spurs will be contending like every year...but no they will not or never will be favourites according to the "experts"

We never are, its something I'm used to already.

Marrow
07-03-2013, 09:37 PM

OKC have regressed quite a bit since our WCF meeting in 2012...i believe the spurs could've taken them down this year as well, even with a healthy westbrook

exstatic
07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
We're so used to being mostly ignored and flying under the radar, but do you think this season will do anything to change that?

No. we won't be the favorites. We're going back to the Finals anyway.

exstatic
07-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Nope. Couple of those games in 2012 went down to the wire. Harden made the difference. He's gone.

TheGoldStandard
Spurs won't be favorites.. They'll hype OKC, Houston, Clippers, GS.

exstatic

Neither did they.

thunderup
07-03-2013, 09:46 PM
If yall stay healthy I don't see why not.

houston spurs fan
07-03-2013, 10:12 PM
+1. But we should be favorites for #2 along with GSW. Maybe H-town if they land D-12

houston spurs fan
07-03-2013, 10:14 PM
If yall stay healthy I don't see why not.
OKC fan posting on this site?

timmy2003
07-03-2013, 10:23 PM
No unless FO bring over a star-level player.

chrhawk
07-03-2013, 10:30 PM
We won't know where each team is until after the trade deadline next season. So much can change between now and next April.

$pursDynasty
07-03-2013, 10:34 PM
You know while I wish the Spurs got more media love, the last time the media was excited about the Spurs in any way shape or form was after we picked up Richard Jefferson and that was a gigantic mistake. So if that is what it takes to get media love, I'd rather do without it, sneak to another championship while the talking heads are shaking their heads in disbelief and making up excuses as to why, like they almost did this year.:depressed

pgardn
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
OKC have regressed quite a bit since our WCF meeting in 2012...i believe the spurs could've taken them down this year as well, even with a healthy westbrook

They got rid of their best PG and kept Ibaka.

IMO they would not have beat us without Harden in a 7 game series.

coyotes_geek
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Need to see how free agency plays out first TBH.

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 10:41 PM
I like our chances more when we're not the top seed, tbh. Ill be more than satisfied with being the 2nd or 3rd seed in the west.

LethalLebron
07-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Spurs should still be the best in the West, the only other team that got better was the Clipps n they havent proven to be more than a 1st round exit team. Houston will contend wit Howard too actually.

Oklahoma is on decline n lost Martin, Spurs can kill Grizz, Warriors dont have any money to improve.

Johnny RIngo
07-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Nope. Couple of those games in 2012 went down to the wire. Harden made the difference. He's gone.

It's asking a lot of Duncan to put together ANOTHER comeback season. Parker's also getting older, he's more injury-prone now, and will play worthless national team ball this summer. He should be resting the entire off-season.

I'd much rather gamble on the health of Durant/Westbrook than on 38 yr old Duncan/32 yr old Parker

elmanutres
07-04-2013, 02:09 PM
the only team i'm worried about now is a dwight howard rockets team. although he is a mentally weak one dimensional player, having the beard on the same floor is dangerous. Harden is a spurs killer, he just plays well against us.

marbles1991
07-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Thunder won't make it to the finals again without a real shake-up. We played them at their absolute peak and it still took them Ibaka and Perkins having a once in a lifetime game and major refball in game 6 to beat us. That was even with Harden and against a much weaker defensive Spurs team. Now the have even let go of Martin and have a Perkins who was outscored by Tony Allen's shirt in a playoff game. If Tim and Tony don't have any sort of massive fall-off and Kawhi plays like he has been recently I would put the odds at 50-50 for another finals trip.

Taking it to the Hole
07-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Houston will be loaded talent wise if they get Dwight but the real question is "will they be able to put it all together for a successful season?" I think that Harden is the real key to that team. When he is on, that team is very tough to beat. I see them making the playoffs but I don't think they will have the necessary chemistry to make a championship run. I think Dwight is going to be a bigger distraction to that team than it will be an asset. The team that looks like it will contend again is going to be the Lakers especially if Kobe gets healthy, you can never count them out. Kobe is the only player that I can see being able to take a challenge to LeBron as a personal grudge match. What happened this year to them shows just how reliant they are on Kobe.

SilverSpur
07-04-2013, 08:46 PM

I agree OKC has taken steps backwards. Traded Harden, lost the guy they got in trade (Martin) Westbrook coming back off of injury, Perkins still no inside game.

Taking it to the Hole
07-05-2013, 01:07 AM
:lmao:lmao..

The Lakers won't even sniff 8th, tbh..

Maybe not, but I still think Kobe is the captain of that ship. As he goes, they go, and if he is healthy and playing well, you can't count him out. Overall, the team is not their coaching wise but they have talent. Just saying you can't discount them. I still would pick the Spurs, Rockets, and OKC as early preseason favorites but just have to see what happens.

Stabula
07-05-2013, 01:09 AM
People are seriously overrating the Thunder. Durant and Westbrick can't do it all on their own and K-Mart bolted. Spurs should be clear favorites right now.

elmanutres
07-05-2013, 01:16 AM
we must hope kawhi has a coming out party next season if we want to win the ship

Marrow
07-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Maybe not, but I still think Kobe is the captain of that ship. As he goes, they go, and if he is healthy and playing well, you can't count him out. Overall, the team is not their coaching wise but they have talent. Just saying you can't discount them. I still would pick the Spurs, Rockets, and OKC as early preseason favorites but just have to see what happens.

the lakers are a mess right now. They'd be doing well If they could replicate what they did this past season

no depth
no chemistry
Kobe coming back from an acl tear
Earl Clark, their one bright spot from last year has moved on
and of course Mr Howard, whether he stays or goes, he has crippled the franchise with his brief presence for the next few years
no incoming prospects as result of all the picks dealt in the Nash trade

...things don't look good in lakerland

KaiRMD1
07-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Never, that wouldn't make any type of sense.

GrandeDavid
07-05-2013, 07:47 AM
They are my favorite to win the West.

K-State Spur
07-05-2013, 07:56 AM

He was healthy and playing well for most of last season - still took an end season flurry for them to even make playoffs.

mrjap2x
07-05-2013, 08:07 AM
I think so, unless Ibaka improves by a mile. Though the most talked will probably the team that gets Dwight.

K-State Spur
07-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I think so, unless Ibaka improves by a mile. Though the most talked will probably the team that gets Dwight.

Hell, the Spurs were right there in the 2012 WCF with Ibaka playing at about as high a level as he capable of doing (maybe even above himself by quite a bit). And they've still regressed from there by getting rid of Harden. Barring a major move, OKC's hopes lie in Durant taking another step and surpassing James as best player in the game AND the Spurs finally starting to play their age. The first is unlikely for at least another few years, the second is certainly possible at any point henceforth.

If Howard goes to GSW without them having to give up much, that could change the dynamic. However, I think a deal there is unlikely, and if it did happen - it would almost certainly involve the W's have to give up at least one of their young perimeter guns who were the reason that they gave the Spurs such trouble a year ago.

If Spurs can land one more hybrid 3/4 who can defend the perimeter without getting overpowerd(whether that is AK47 or somebody else), I'm not really worried about anybody in the West if the team can stay relatively healthy (knock on wood).

Darkwaters
07-05-2013, 08:35 AM

The Thunder lost Harden and now Kevin Martin as well. They've definitely regressed while we've only gotten better.

pgardn
07-05-2013, 09:20 AM
The most interesting aspect of next season will watching Leonard's role on this team. He played against the best and was a huge asset. How does this confidence manifest itself within our framework?

Cant wait to watch this kid next season and see if Pop finds a way to run some plays through him. If we can integrate him more effectively than what he got on his own... Finals again, barring injury to Tony and Tim.

therealtruth
07-05-2013, 10:52 AM
The most interesting aspect of next season will watching Leonard's role on this team. He played against the best and was a huge asset. How does this confidence manifest itself within our framework?

Cant wait to watch this kid next season and see if Pop finds a way to run some plays through him. If we can integrate him more effectively than what he got on his own... Finals again, barring injury to Tony and Tim.

I think the key is for us to have multiple points of attack. If they want to put Chalmers on Kawhi then we can punish them for doing that.

GrandeDavid
07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
The Thunder lost Harden and now Kevin Martin as well. They've definitely regressed while we've only gotten better.

I completely and massively agree with you.

mercos
07-06-2013, 02:29 PM
The Thunder and Rockets are likely to be media favorites headed into next season. Expect to hear all season how the Spurs only made it to the Finals because of Russell Westbrook's injury.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2013, 02:36 PM
The Thunder and Rockets are likely to be media favorites headed into next season. Expect to hear all season how the Spurs only made it to the Finals because of Russell Westbrook's injury.OKC and GSW will be the biggest threat to the Spurs IMO. Spurs have historically struggled against athletic teams in the post-championship Duncan era. I mean the Spurs were only 28 seconds away from changing all that but Pop and Manu had to fuc* it all up.

SpursSerb
07-06-2013, 03:17 PM
With Kirilenko,yes.

Proxy
07-06-2013, 03:39 PM
We'll see how the Rockets end up... Spurs should be favorites. Not that it means anything.

Seventyniner
07-06-2013, 04:23 PM
The Thunder and Rockets are likely to be media favorites headed into next season. Expect to hear all season how the Spurs only made it to the Finals because of Russell Westbrook's injury.

Of course.

But this Spurs team is light-years ahead of a Westbrook-less Thunder team. I'm not sure that having Westbrook back vaults them back over the Spurs.

Keepin' it real
07-06-2013, 04:48 PM

National media will disregard Spurs as usual, but basketball experts know the Spurs will be the team to beat, particularly if the Spurs make Kawhi a more focal part of the offense, instead of just corner 3s and rebounding.

skulls138
07-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Nope. Couple of those games in 2012 went down to the wire. Harden made the difference. He's gone.And with Harden the Heat made them look like chumps the Finals before. The Spurs would've dispatched the Thunder too.

Hoops Czar
07-06-2013, 06:41 PM
National media will disregard Spurs as usual, but basketball experts know the Spurs will be the team to beat, particularly if the Spurs make Kawhi a more focal part of the offense, instead of just corner 3s and rebounding.

The only "basketball experts" who will pick the Spurs are the ones who call themselves experts on Spurstalk. Kawhi hasn't faced double teams yet. That's going to be a whole new experience for him.

Hoops Czar
07-06-2013, 06:42 PM
And with Harden the Heat made them look like chumps the Finals before. The Spurs would've dispatched the Thunder too.
Every one of those game sans game 5 went down to the wire. What the hell series were you watching.

HemisfairArena
07-06-2013, 06:49 PM
IMO..OKC, Clips, and Rockets are the top 3 in the West right now( in no particular order). We really had everything go our way this year with Kobe getting hurt, Westbrook getting hurt, Memphis trading Rudy Gay, ect... I dont think we get that fortunate again. With Memphis losing Hollins I think that takes them out of the top part of the West standings. Denver is the real wildcard. Are they gonna miss Karl or get over the hump with Shaw? To many changes happening.

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2013, 06:56 PM
:lol if Hoops Czar doesn't think the Spurs are favorites, they probably are, tbh..he may have the worst track record on SpursTalk, tbh..

And why does everybody always overrate the Clippers?:lol..they added some nice role players, but they still have the same failures at the top, and still don't have a reliable #3 guy..

dbreiden83080
07-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Houston and OKC will be the talk of the West..

After all Howard is a great player because the media says so...

HemisfairArena
07-06-2013, 06:59 PM
:lol if Hoops Czar doesn't think the Spurs are favorites, they probably are, tbh..he may have the worst track record on SpursTalk, tbh..

And why does everybody always overrate the Clippers?:lol..they added some nice role players, but they still have the same failures at the top, and still don't have a reliable #3 guy..

Doc Rivers alone. He has me put them into the top 3. He is a hell of an improvement over Vinny Del Negro and will make the Clippers tougher especially defensively. Doc knows what he is doing....you give him the kind of talent on the Clippers and look out.

ElNono
07-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Doc Rivers is the ultimate rah rah coach, IMO

Since Thibs stopped being his assistant coach, he's been treading water...

HemisfairArena
07-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I dont know about that. Boston should have sucked badly went Rondo went down and Doc held that team together and had them fight in the playoffs with to over the hill players like Pierce and Garnett. Wait til he gets young guys like Paul and Griffin.

AFBlue
07-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Spurs will get the obligatory "been counted out for the last half-dozen years and are still around" followed shortly by several reasons why they should be counted out...most of them invalid.

Truthfully though, the Spurs shouldn't be the favorites in the west. They didn't have the best record last year and teams have made gains (on paper) this offseason, where they've mostly stood pat.

Hoops Czar
07-06-2013, 07:06 PM

Nothing like a welcher coming back for another whippin TBH. Duncan and Ginobili another year older, another year of Tony Parker shouldering the load. You must have missed the last two postseasons, still a terrible rebounding team, and a small big man playing next to Duncan. Yeah, you certainly proved your point... Spurs are the favorites.:lol

barakz21
07-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't see how OKC retains that top 3 status, for now at least. They haven't done anything that improves their roster. They lost KMart 2.0 and drafted Adams who at best imo would be a Perkins/Collison type of player. Sure, maybe Lamb shows breaks out but that's not a given. I will say this though, they look like a 4 or 5 seed team on paper. Top 3 teams would probably be LAC, HOU and SA.

Spurs didn't do anything that'd make the "experts" think will put them over the top. But they did add some pieces that subtly improve the team. Remember, this was a team that were a couple of plays away from winning a title. Plus, we still have the internal improvement going for us. Tiago, Danny and Kawhi all showed improvements from the '12 season. I don't see any reason why they won't this year. Count on CJ and Nando to improve as well.

ironman2886
07-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Same shit every offseason with you pessimists. Spurs are never the favorites. Get over it. That's why they play the game, and don't give rings out for off season signings.

Hoops Czar
07-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Same shit every offseason with you pessimists. Spurs are never the favorites. Get over it. That's why they play the game, and don't give rings out for off season signings.

Tell that to Miami fans.

ironman2886
07-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Tell that to Miami fans.
Couldn't care less about Heat fans.

elec99
07-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Barring health, I think spurs will take the wc.

Gsw loses their bench scoring in Jack
Okc the same in kmart
I don't see hou as a favourite because of dh, he'll have 20/10 games just like in la but that takes the ball away from harden.
Don't know how to rate the clips just yet.

we can stay healthy across 82 games is the real question.

tmtcsc
07-07-2013, 02:43 PM
We should be. Gotta stay healthy as usual. Leonard's role will be greater and so will his impact. The Heat aren't going to 3-peat.

Bruno
07-07-2013, 02:48 PM
After their crappy off-season, no, Spurs shouldn't be favorite to win the west. They don't even another player to put on Durant if Kawhi is in fouls trouble.

elec99
07-07-2013, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't say that. You don't normally see major changes with sas, especially when you came so close. Just minor tweaks here and there.
Any major shake up is bound to take at least a year to cultivate, that's why I don't see hou as a threat, nor la when they had dh.

TheGoldStandard
07-07-2013, 04:30 PM
After their crappy off-season, no, Spurs shouldn't be favorite to win the west. They don't even another player to put on Durant if Kawhi is in fouls trouble.

They'll just stick Danny or Boris on him :lol

Hoops Czar
07-07-2013, 04:34 PM
They'll just stick Danny or Boris on him :lol
Not Green but, definitely Diaw.

LakerHater
07-07-2013, 04:44 PM

TheGoldStandard
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM

He's off his meds

Johnny RIngo
07-07-2013, 05:06 PM

Agreed. Splitter's contract was ok considering the market for big men but they overpaid for a washed-up Manu(who probably only plays 40 games at 20 mins each) and a nobody scrub in Jeff Pendergraph. It's still to be determined about Belinelli. If he can give us better production than Neal, it's probably a fair contract.

TXstbobcat
07-07-2013, 05:19 PM

Im picking a Spurs vs Thunder western conference finals.

elec99
07-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I think metta means semi conference finals, haha.
Let's not forget that hou is looking to move asik which I think it's an asset, but also lining to move lin who was exposed in the playoffs so they may get better in that regard.
I forgot to mention mem, I think if anything they've remained the same and won't be a threat until they get some outside shooting.

dg7md
07-08-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm not convinced any team in the West is good enough to beat them in a 7 game series. Our chances of getting back into the Finals are pretty good with the weaker West. Lakers are going to be depleted, Clippers downgraded, Nuggets fired their coach and will suffer from that chemistry-related issue, Mavericks are irrelevant, Warriors got worse, Grizzlies made a stupid mistake to fire their coach and will not get back to their WCF success in a long time. The only teams with a real worry will be the Thunder and Rockets, and that's dependent on if Howard will mesh well at all. OKC are prone to give us problems, but I think they got way worse than their 2012 team, so they shouldn't be that difficult.

Don't forget, we're prone to weird meltdowns, so it's conceivable that we might lose in the playoffs — but not because we're the worse team.

spurman123
07-08-2013, 01:01 AM
What if Gary Neal signs with the rockets or okc? :wow

LarryDavid
07-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Doc Rivers is the ultimate rah rah coach, IMO

Mark Jackson tbh

Sean Cagney
07-08-2013, 01:30 AM

BWHAHAHAAHAHAHA METTA WORLD SHIT saying this, fuck outta here. He is horrible now too. Order your fucking drugs Metta, you are a joke.
Im picking a Spurs vs Thunder western conference finals.
I am too, Metta to me is a fucking idiot but thats is beside the point.
He's off his meds

More like he is on his meds, them things make you delusional at times and can make you lose your mind! As if he was not bad to begin with.

Darkwaters
07-08-2013, 06:06 AM
He's off his meds

It's his current team and one of his former teams. Hes just having fun.

-21-
07-08-2013, 07:46 AM
The Thunder will be the favorites just for the simple reason that the Spurs are NEVER the favorites. I think the Rockets and Clippers could be solid too.

elec99
07-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Rockets have inserted too many new pieces, good team on paper but will take time for them to be a serious threat. Ironic that they constructed Lin's contract so it was difficult for NY to match it but now that they're looking to move him they may not be able to because of the way the contract is written! Also they're looking to move Asik.

Clippers - doc rivers is a real upgrade, but they still need a 4 and 5 who have a post game AND can make free throws. Plus doc doesnt have the benefit of a 4/5 who can shoot the long 2 ala garnett.

GSW - that speed is always tough to defend but if igoudala starts then they just got a little slower, plus who's gonna score for them off the bench.

Denver - new coach
Memphis - new coach, but I wouldnt sleep on them
LAL - should they get kaman? kaman and gasol as a front line, hmmmm Those 2 and kobe coming off injury, not sure...
OKC - always a threat but now no bench impact.

then us:
Our bench has to accommodate a regressed manu
We have to hope tony and timmy's play doesnt regress, though I'm not worried about tony so much
kawai will get better which is freakin scary
green has to learn one move: how to put the ball down when chased off the 3 and head to the rim for a pass or an open shot in rhythm.
tiago needs a go-to move
manu has to figure out how to contribute now that his explosiveness is gone.
baynes, jeff, belenelli get their first training camp.
pop - uggg, he's gotta accept that the 5 you want on the floor to close out a close game is your starting 5, dont look at fancy stats that indicate your 7 footer should be on the bench.

When do we hear what happens to neal??

look_at_g_shred
07-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Won't be the favorites to win the west even if we make it to the WCF. Just like last season when we played Memphis... b4 game 1 all the media already had Memphis winning in 6! It's sad really, yet this has become reality for us Spurs fans.

therealtruth
07-08-2013, 08:39 PM
We still got the best defense in the NBA. I don't think we're going anywhere. Last I checked defense wins championships. The problem happened when we abandoned that defense from games 4+ in the Finals.