PDA

View Full Version : Terrible offseason!

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 02:35 PM
So much cap space yet it all got wasted on a soft as* Tiago Splitter and a washed up 35 year old SG inside a 50 year old body Manu Ginobili. My heart is broken. Spurs were 28 seconds away from winning it all but Pop and Manu fuc* it all up. There was so much cap space and a lot of good role player free agents and the FO fuc*s it all up. I've gone from being a diehard Spurs fan to a casual Spurs fan. I hate to say it but there is a 75% chance that the Spurs WILL NOT get out of the Western Conference unless they miraculously sign an impact FA and not some scrub player that couldn't find a team.

monkeypunk
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Terrible poster!

Even with:

This message is hidden because TheGreatYacht is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Full retard is full retard.

Brazil
07-03-2013, 02:36 PM
dude... focus a little.. I created you your own thread, stick with it buddy instead of spamming

Sean Cagney
07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I am not being negative but they spent way too much on two guys and a few should have been let go to walk, dissapointed as hell I am with a few moves and I AM SURE MOST of us are.

deibero
07-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I am not being negative but they spent way too much on two guys and a few should have been let go to walk, dissapointed as hell I am with a few moves and I AM SURE MOST of us are.

read the zach lowe thread i just posted to get a better understanding

Baam
07-03-2013, 02:39 PM
The problem is Tiago, guy is just Robin Lopez in the Spurs system... Terrible playoff performer as well.

You don't spend 9M on a player that shat the bed two years in a row and who can't post up or rebound. Terrible deal.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-03-2013, 02:39 PM
I can tell you haven't been a Spurs fan long.. Normal offseason?

Humberto
07-03-2013, 02:41 PM
So much cap space yet it all got wasted on a soft as* Tiago Splitter and a washed up 35 year old SG inside a 50 year old body Manu Ginobili. My heart is broken. Spurs were 28 seconds away from winning it all but Pop and Manu fuc* it all up. There was so much cap space and a lot of good role player free agents and the FO fuc*s it all up. I've gone from being a diehard Spurs fan to a casual Spurs fan. I hate to say it but there is a 75% chance that the Spurs WILL NOT get out of the Western Conference unless they miraculously sign an impact FA and not some scrub player that couldn't find a team.

Cool, maybe that means less negative posts about the Spurs in the future.

Spur|n|Austin
07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
If I block this yacht joker, will these threads still show up?

deibero
07-03-2013, 02:43 PM
The problem is Tiago, guy is just Robin Lopez in the Spurs system... Terrible playoff performer as well.

You don't spend 9M on a player that shat the bed two years in a row and who can't post up or rebound. Terrible deal.

if lopez makes almost 6m then tiago is worth 9... btw deandre, javale, taj gibson, kendrick perkins all are making more or around tiagos 9m

Baam
07-03-2013, 02:44 PM
if lopez makes almost 6m then tiago is worth 9... btw deandre, javale, taj gibson, kendrick perkins all are making more or around tiagos 9m

So what? Chris Paul makes 20M and TP only 12M... Why should I care that there's worse contracts out there?

Tiago is a scrub, bar none, same cloth as Bonner until proven otherwise.

Virgil
07-03-2013, 02:47 PM

This guy is a joke.

rayray2k8
07-03-2013, 02:49 PM
The spurs weren't expected to be the finals this year in the first place.
Stop complaining, if you don't like it, root for another team then.

CubanMustGo
07-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Yes, terrible offseason, because OP discovered how to create dumb threads on ST.

manufan10
07-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Yes, let's blow up the team that was 5 seconds away from winning the championship. Great logic there.

davidbowie
07-03-2013, 02:54 PM
shut up bitch :lol:ihit

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-03-2013, 02:55 PM
What's funny is that we're nowhere near the end of it. LOL.

deibero
07-03-2013, 02:56 PM
So what? Chris Paul makes 20M and TP only 12M... Why should I care that there's worse contracts out there?

Tiago is a scrub, bar none, same cloth as Bonner until proven otherwise.

its pointless to argue but let me just say that we just dont make the finals without tiago... no way... probably gs will have beat us in 6 because duncan couldnt switch to their guards while this tiago scrub was standing his own and avoiding penetration...

dont judge a big man on a series that the miami fucking heat, kings of small ball, make him look bad

ElNono
07-03-2013, 02:57 PM
This was one of the most predictable offseasons in a while, tbh... I still think they'll make some more moves, but so far it's been what was expected...

Poolboy5623
07-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Would it be a terrible off-season, had Allen missed the corner 3? I personally don't think so, nor do I think they are done making moves. I am going to go take a dump now though.

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 03:00 PM
OP being his typical self.

i agree with the dude who said that the OP is the real reason why this offseason has been bad.

tesseractive
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
If I block this yacht joker, will these threads still show up?
Sadly, yes.

celldweller
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
SPURS 2013 "FREE AGENCY WAR ROOM"

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaylFqi1vOiW3GhJU3xek2e46WrKwg5 RVQCU4P6JuTBezv5Qh4rQ

bbarry
07-03-2013, 03:05 PM
noob spurs fans.

it couild have been worse. we could have signed RJ.

Chomag
07-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I tend to agree Spurs are now lacking a 6th man.

Prove me wrong spurs! Please =)

Rev Hill
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
...and again I'll say...

Let's see:

1) Use cap space to resign the players who got you within 5 seconds of a 5th NBA Championship (in particular one player who has been instrumental in winning 3 championships/hall of famer/future retired number), and potentially use a MLE to add an improved piece to the puzzle?

or

2) Use cap space to "try" and sign new players who couldn't help their former team go deep into the playoffs, have no certainty how they would fit into the Spurs system (scheme and character wise) and additionally have no certainty if they could get the team any closer than 5 seconds to an NBA championship?

I'll go with #1.

Baam
07-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Yep we're condemned to be weaker next year basically.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
...and again I'll say...

Let's see:

1) Use cap space to resign the players who got you within 5 seconds of a 5th NBA Championship (in particular one player who has been instrumental in winning 3 championships/hall of famer/future retired number), and potentially use a MLE to add an improved piece to the puzzle?

or

2) Use cap space to "try" and sign new players who couldn't help their former team go deep into the playoffs, have no certainty how they would fit into the Spurs system (scheme and character wise) and additionally have no certainty if they could get the team any closer than 5 seconds to an NBA championship?

I'll go with #1.We were 28 seconds away from winning a championship thanks to Tim Duncan's 1st half performance and TP's miracle three point shot in Game 6. How much did Tiago, Pop, and Manu contribute during the NBA finals? Well they just handed the LOB trophy to the cHeat. Not much.

CitizenDwayne
07-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Make it to the Finals, lose by a free throw/rebound + Make no changes = Terrible offseason?

temujin
07-03-2013, 03:26 PM
:lmao

benefactor
07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
TheGreatYacht starts a thread...three minutes later in comes Baam.

Slurp slurp...thrust thrust...moan moan.

ElNono
07-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I see a lot of disappointment in your future, tbh :lol

:wow Nonostradamous strikes again!

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-03-2013, 03:29 PM
We were 28 seconds away from winning a championship thanks to Tim Duncan's 1st half performance and TP's miracle three point shot in Game 6. How much did Tiago, Pop, and Manu contribute during the NBA finals? Well they just handed the LOB trophy to the cHeat. Not much.

Miracle three?

Okay I'm done. Can someone please ban this guy.

DPG21920
07-03-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't know if terrible is the word. Disappointing is more apropos at this point. Not a worst case at all, but nothing to overly celebrate outside of the fact the big 3 are still together.

robert1886
07-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Too much damn negativity.it is funny that so many people think they know more than RC and pop

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Too much damn negativity.it is funny that so many people think they know more than RC and pop

TheGreatYacht thinks the Spurs would have won more championships if it wasn't for Pop. And if you disagree with him he accuses you of being a Duncan hater/doubter! :lmao

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
07-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Quit complaining. Consistency always beats flash in the pan moves.

Who says the Spurs are done. Bucks are signing Mayo to play SG. This opens the possibility of the Spurs doing a sign and trade with the Bucks for Ellis. Trade Bonner and Neal (Bucks need a backup PF and SG at this point even with Mayo) and throw in next year's first. Reason I say that, is that if the Spurs got Ellis and Kirilenko (4yr MLE contract), they no doubt in my mind will have the best record in the NBA next year. Many teams are really putting alot of value in next year's class and extra 1st rounder would help the Bucks trade up a couple of spots if they had to.

slick'81
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
So manu takes a paycut ,jax is gone and splitter is back and now all are money is gone ?!lol just a little dissapointed

TD 21
07-03-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't know if terrible is the word. Disappointing is more apropos at this point. Not a worst case at all, but nothing to overly celebrate outside of the fact the big 3 are still together.

That or typical.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I've gone from being a diehard Spurs fan to a casual Spurs fan.

If your disputes about two signings cause you to not be a diehard fan, you weren't really a diehard fan. You were a frontrunner.

texmich
07-03-2013, 04:38 PM
All I'm saying is okc will b healthy, houston n dallas bout to spend money to get better, clipps will b better, lakers will still suck, just hard to get excited bout an off season where we had money n in the end all we did was give tiago a raise. What if their is an injury on the team, wouldn't it b nice to have another player that we pickd up this offseason to help. But its whatever I'm just a turncoat for questioning the offseason, ill probably get banned soon too for having an opinion, sheesh

CubanMustGo
07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
All I'm saying is okc will b healthy, houston n dallas bout to spend money to get better, clipps will b better, lakers will still suck, just hard to get excited bout an off season where we had money n in the end all we did was give tiago a raise. What if their is an injury on the team, wouldn't it b nice to have another player that we pickd up this offseason to help. But its whatever I'm just a turncoat for questioning the offseason, ill probably get banned soon too for having an opinion, sheesh

Banned? No.

Called out by people who know more than you do? Yes.

texmich
07-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Banned? No.

Called out by people who know more than you do? Yes.
Lol if posting 1000s of posts at a sports site makes u more knowledgeable, congrats to u man, pat urself on the back. When I see u out on the streets it doesn't say ur post count so idgaf. I swear y'all really do act like some nerds that are in some club and any outsiders are just not up to ur avatar level in pts. Guess I better slay some more dragons to b as smart as u, smh

Kidd K
07-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Too many nostalgia defenders are letting their emotions get to their head rather than look at the team practically.

OP is upset because the Spurs spent most (nearly all) of their cap space on the two guys who disappointed and played under expectations the most. He isn't saying he wanted the team blown up, or to fire and replace the guys who actually carried the team and did the most positive work to get them to a title.

You've got to be really naive, or just have a lazy mindset in general to think that you can't improve a team simply because they managed to make it to the Finals last year. The whole team wasn't good. It was improvable. Now there's practically no possibility of improvement. We're like right at the cap now.

Meanwhile, Westbrook isn't likely going to blow his knee out. The Rockets are going to be better. The Clippers are going to be better. The Lakers can't be as shitty as they were last year. Memphis is still good. Dallas will probably still suck unless they bring in some big names but that's a glaring possibility. Wolves will be healthy (though they're not a contender, they can still rip games from us).

So let's be real about this, last year the Spurs were the best team in the west because everyone else kinda sucked. This year the west is going to be better overall easily. Everyone else reloaded or is reloading. We needed something else to get us back there, not to stand pat and just get older.

Duncan2177
07-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Too many nostalgia defenders are letting their emotions get to their head rather than look at the team practically.

OP is upset because the Spurs spent most (nearly all) of their cap space on the two guys who disappointed and played under expectations the most. He isn't saying he wanted the team blown up, or to fire and replace the guys who actually carried the team and did the most positive work to get them to a title.

You've got to be really naive, or just have a lazy mindset in general to think that you can't improve a team simply because they managed to make it to the Finals last year. The whole team wasn't good. It was improvable. Now there's practically no possibility of improvement. We're like right at the cap now.

Meanwhile, Westbrook isn't likely going to blow his knee out. The Rockets are going to be better. The Clippers are going to be better. The Lakers can't be as shitty as they were last year. Memphis is still good. Dallas will probably still suck unless they bring in some big names but that's a glaring possibility. Wolves will be healthy (though they're not a contender, they can still rip games from us).

So let's be real about this, last year the Spurs were the best team in the west because everyone else kinda sucked. This year the west is going to be better overall easily. Everyone else reloaded or is reloading. We needed something else to get us back there, not to stand pat and just get older.
:tu

Knoxxx
07-03-2013, 05:17 PM
In defense of the highly unpopular Great Yacht, yes it is disappointing so far to be bringing back the exact same team minus Blair for next year. Barring a surprising addition or two, I don't see a reason to head into next season with high optimism. Swapping out Splitter or Manu for other players is not gutting the team, and I say that even though I wanted both back (Splitter less so).

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Banned? No.

Called out by people who know more than you do? Yes.Everyone that loves Pop and doesn't criticize Manu, show unconditional love for the team while ignoring the negatives of the team and players are considered the geniuses of basketball. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 05:51 PM

So let's be real about this, last year the Spurs were the best team in the west because everyone else kinda sucked. This year the west is going to be better overall easily. Everyone else reloaded or is reloading. We needed something else to get us back there, not to stand pat and just get older.Thank you very much for conveying my thoughts in a much more polite manner.

Baam
07-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Yeah this just sucks, basically the biggest event is the FO rewarding T-Vag with a big fat contract after his second terrible PO run in a row.

Feels like the FO is very reactive and not proactive enough but it is what it is.

FromWayDowntown
07-03-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure there's been a thread like this one in every Spurs offseason since about 2002.

purist
07-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Very few people on this board that I would want with me in a foxhole. very weak minded

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Can we expect a new thread like this from you every day?

BackHome
07-03-2013, 06:30 PM
If we don't sign someone decent I don't know what I am going to do...........

ohmwrecker
07-03-2013, 06:32 PM
It's like you people have never experienced a Spurs' offseason before.

Spursfan092120
07-03-2013, 06:34 PM
GNSF in one sentence talks about how the Spurs were 28 seconds away from winning it all.

GNSF in the next sentence talks like the Spurs need to make big changes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mct0k4Wx2C1qhwhbr.gif

SpurPadre
07-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Thank you very much for conveying my thoughts in a much more polite manner.

I know there's an extreme of posters here and those who have this dorkish classist mentality of "haha, you're a GNSF, you're an idiot, hahaha and I'm cool because I'm not GNSF" but at this point, I just try to post thoughts that can start a sensible debate or two. And with that said, I'm not picking sides on what you contribute as a poster as long as you're not calling me out for no reason. I will simply respond to posts like these and give my take, whether you agree with it or not. In this case, I'm not going to call this a terrible offseason. We retained two players, one a guaranteed HOF in Manu and my favorite Spur, for fair market value and we're still only a couple weeks into the offseason. One thing I'll agree on is that other teams, especially in the West, will get better and the team has to react accordingly. This whole notion of having to wear out TD for all we can squeeze out of him with no extra support besides the rest of the Big 3 and Kawhi won't get us another title while he's still playing but we still have a pretty damn good team heading into next season. For now, though, let's see how things play out from here. There are still possibilities out there whether by trade or amnestying Bonner and using the full MLE. Let's also see if Hanga is ready to contribute. And what's to say we don't make a trade by the deadline next season? Let's let the team lick their wounds and try to get over the painful end to the season...and hope that missed free throw by Kawhi motivates him to lash out at the league next season and truly break out.

texmich
07-03-2013, 06:37 PM
GNSF in one sentence talks about how the Spurs were 28 seconds away from winning it all.

GNSF in the next sentence talks like the Spurs need to make big changes.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mct0k4Wx2C1qhwhbr.gif
Just a question man, if other teams get better and if okc is fully healthy, what makes u think we don't need a little help to go against these guys

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I know there's an extreme of posters here and those who have this dorkish classist mentality of "haha, you're a GNSF, you're an idiot, hahaha and I'm cool because I'm not GNSF" but at this point, I just try to post thoughts that can start a sensible debate or two. And with that said, I'm not picking sides on what you contribute as a poster as long as you're not calling me out for no reason. I will simply respond to posts like these and give my take, whether you agree with it or not. In this case, I'm not going to call this a terrible offseason. We retained two players, one a guaranteed HOF in Manu and my favorite Spur, for fair market value and we're still only a couple weeks into the offseason. One thing I'll agree on is that other teams, especially in the West, will get better and the team has to react accordingly. This whole notion of having to wear out TD for all we can squeeze out of him with no extra support besides the rest of the Big 3 and Kawhi won't get us another title while he's still playing but we still have a pretty damn good team heading into next season. For now, though, let's see how things play out from here. There are still possibilities out there whether by trade or amnestying Bonner and using the full MLE. Let's also see if Hanga is ready to contribute. And what's to say we don't make a trade by the deadline next season? Let's let the team lick their wounds and try to get over the painful end to the season...and hope that missed free throw by Kawhi motivates him to lash out at the league next season and truly break out.Good response. I wish there were more people like yourself. I wish that some of these Spurs homers would give some good feedback to back up their claims and not just the typical "hahaha you're a hater, your life sucks because you never say anything good about our team. You're not a real Spurs fan. GTFO of here."

Spursfan092120
07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Just a question man, if other teams get better and if okc is fully healthy, what makes u think we don't need a little help to go against these guys
We might..and we still have 7.5 million to spend. Guy's acting like free agency is over 2 days into it. It's completely knee jerk.

Spursfan092120
07-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Good response. I wish that some of these Spurs homers would give some good feedback to back up their claims and not just the typical "hahaha you're a hater, your life sucks because you never say anything good about our team. You're not a real Spurs fan. GTFO of here."
Read the post above. Anymore feedback, I'd be happy to have a LONG discussion with you about the Spurs. Been a fan since the mid '80s.

Vash StampedE
07-03-2013, 06:43 PM
As terrible the OP is, I may have to agree with him in the way our team's offseason has gone to so far. I personally want them (Tiago and Manu) back on the team despite the very poor showing in the Finals but not in this way. Both were overpaid. I don't know how much money the team is left with, but I think we're pretty much held down to make a impactful signing.

diego
07-03-2013, 06:50 PM

you must have been one of the chumps cowering at the lakers signing howard and nash. Look, everyone is going to get better because they signed big names and the spurs haven't :cry :cry I mean, the clippers have dudley and reddick, look out!!!

and PS, splitter and manu werent the only ones who underperformed against miami. The supposed MVP and franchise player of this team shot a lower percentage than manu, and had just as many of his shots blocked as splitter. do you want to trade tony parker too, or does he not fit your narrative?

but anyways, lets be practical as you insist. Instead of whining about resigning two core players, how about you and the OP suggest viable alternatives that will improve the team's chances next season? All i've seen is whining and players that would help if they were added to the core, not if they were replacing them.

HemisfairArena
07-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I would dare to say the worst off season since Duncan arrived.

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I would dare to say the worst off season since Duncan arrived.

Oh man, if HemisfairArena says so, it MUST be so!

HemisfairArena
07-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Oh man, if HemisfairArena says so, it MUST be so!

You must be so happy. Youre Manu crush lives on for another 2 years.

Kidd K
07-03-2013, 07:09 PM
you must have been one of the chumps cowering at the lakers signing howard and nash. Look, everyone is going to get better because they signed big names and the spurs haven't :cry :cry I mean, the clippers have dudley and reddick, look out!!!

and PS, splitter and manu werent the only ones who underperformed against miami. The supposed MVP and franchise player of this team shot a lower percentage than manu, and had just as many of his shots blocked as splitter. do you want to trade tony parker too, or does he not fit your narrative?

but anyways, lets be practical as you insist. Instead of whining about resigning two core players, how about you and the OP suggest viable alternatives that will improve the team's chances next season? All i've seen is whining and players that would help if they were added to the core, not if they were replacing them.

Bitch please. I was one of the few Spurfans who thought the Spurs were still good back in 2010 when EVERYONE was quitting on the team. Try actually reading my posts before making some silly, shitty, stupid rash judgement on how I feel about things all because I wanted the Spurs to add one player to the team one year.

No they weren't the only two who undrperformed, but they were the only two major players who vastly did. I'm not talking about role players. I'm talking about dudes who get high minutes.

Parker was hurt, but still managed to play decent. Duncan was great. Leonard was good. Green played way better than we thought he would. That leaves Splitter and Ginobili as the only two major players left, and they were the worst ones.

In terms of role players, Neal and Diaw did their expected parts. Diaw maybe performed a bit above expected. That leaves Manu, who performed way below expectations, and Splitter who almost stopped getting used entirely because he wasn't doing enough good.

So yes, let's be practical. Nobody was whining about re-signing two key players. I personally was only complaining about how much they spent on them in addition to the lack of bringing in anybody of note that we need. Who we can get, and the discussions about that are covered in other threads which I've also been posting in. All you're doing is bitching about bitching. It's useless.

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 07:10 PM
You must be so happy. Youre Manu crush lives on for another 2 years.
*Your

Chinook
07-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm pretty sure there's been a thread like this one in every Spurs offseason since about 2002.

Yep, and as a Ravens fan, I've seen similar threads every off-season since the middle of last decade. Even this year, after winning the freaking Super Bowl, people were making threads within the first couple days of free agency about how done the team is.

It's not even the official start of free agency yet, and people are upset about the Spurs missing out on all the big names who are really just a collection of players who haven't won anything. Meanwhile, the team made it back to contender status by drafting a player who had fallen out of the lottery, signing a stashed pick and adding a former d-league player. And everyone thinks the team needs to throw it all away to chase Monta "Offense-Killer" Ellis or Paul "Blair with a jump shot" Millsap? Please. This team is built from the inside, and the one time that the team strayed from that to make big outside acquisitions, it resulted in the two worst post-season runs of the last 10 years.

HemisfairArena
07-03-2013, 07:14 PM
*Your

And a spelling bee scholar no less. Dare to dream, huh?

dallasmaverickslose
07-03-2013, 07:14 PM
And a spelling bee scholar no less. Dare to dream, huh?

Mama always told me to aim high!

rascal
07-03-2013, 07:17 PM
One way to put it, a typical boring Spurs offseason so far.

rascal
07-03-2013, 07:24 PM
What you saw from Manu against Miami is only the beginning. Look for that type of play more consistently over the course of this new contract.

He is not a type of player you can count on anymore.

I didn't want Manu or Splitter back but knew that they would be back because that is how the conservative Spurs fo operates.