PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe To Doubters: "My Achilles Is Really Strong"

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
:toast my man...

Lakers.com (http://www.nba.com/lakers/) writer and Time Warner Cable SportsNet (https://twitter.com/TWCSportsNet) sideline reporter Mike Trudell (https://twitter.com/LakersReporter) sat down for an interview with Kobe Bryant, and the Lakers star gave an update on his rehab work and the status of his Achilles tendon.

The Lakers star was very open with his status. Here are the highlights:

On the status of his Achilles: “It’s really strong. I can walk without a limp.”

On the skills of physical therapist Judy Seto: “She keeps Vino alive.”

On his aim to return by November or December (which is still his goal): “It really just depends on the tendon.”

Michael Jordan.
07-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Yeah, Achilles thought he was invincible too until he got shot through the achilles with an arrow.

CitizenDwayne
07-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Now this is just getting sad.

StrengthAndHonor
07-03-2013, 11:39 PM
I hope he comes back strong next year. As a fan of the game, I'd love to see the best players playing on the court.

In other news, Rose is still rehabbing from his injury. :lol

KL2
07-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Like I said in that thread about Rose's knee, HGH-Faster healing times. I bet dude is going ham with that stuff.

Leetonidas
07-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Old man Kobe healing up quick while young gangbanger is still limping around 14 months later :lmao what a vagina

Thread
07-04-2013, 12:12 AM
What's with the "or December" citation? I don't remember that.

Rogue
07-04-2013, 12:15 AM
tendon has never been the biggest problem to Kobe though. his biggest problem is his reluctance to play team ball, a younger kobe could get things done that way but the 36yr old body is no longer able to sustain that style of play imho. Lakers don't need Kobe Bryant, they need Kobe Johansson

DPG21920
07-04-2013, 12:16 AM
"My Achilles is strong!!" Oh, so you can return on time? "well, depends on how strong it is" :lol

Kobe and his "public injuries". Never stops.

Thread
07-04-2013, 12:18 AM
"My Achilles is strong!!" Oh, so you can return on time? "well, depends on how strong it is" :lol

Kobe and his "public injuries". Never stops.

Fuck me, Deepy is on the Board.

Good nite all.

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Fuck me, Deepy is on the Board.

Good nite all.

I wouldn't want to be called Deepy there's something innately homosexual about it...but it fits our perp just fine..carry on

UZER
07-04-2013, 12:39 AM
Baby fetuses will make you feel strong.

MeloHype
07-04-2013, 12:54 AM
:cry such a warrior :cry

elmanutres
07-04-2013, 01:01 AM
better come back. i paid good money for good seats to see his ass lose, only to not show up cause of a tear. So achilles better show up next time lakers come to town

Baseline
07-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Since Bryant likes to give himself nicknames, I'll offer this one. "Off" Cuz dude is a repellant for Dwight. All over LA radio for the past two weeks they're finally saying what has been obvious for years...nobody likes playing with Kobe Bryant. And definitely not Dwight.

Thread
07-04-2013, 06:21 AM
All over LA radio for the past two weeks they're finally saying what has been obvious for years...nobody likes playing with Kobe Bryant.

Though Artest found the experience rewarding and cathartic.

Gasol as well, though he's totally bereft in Kobe's absence.

UZER
07-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Though Artest found the experience rewarding and cathartic.

Gasol as well, though he's totally bereft in Kobe's absence.

Even Fisher, his best bud, his compadre, the only guy who "understands" Kobe, got tired of his ass. If that doesn't tell you enough about playing with Kobe, then nothing will.

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Even Fisher, his best bud, his compadre, the only guy who "understands" Kobe, got tired of his ass. If that doesn't tell you enough about playing with Kobe, then nothing will.

quite Melo dramatic this morn eh?

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Baby fetuses will make you feel strong.

I agree I wish I could use some stem cells

UZER
07-04-2013, 06:58 AM
quite Melo dramatic this morn eh?

:downspin:

:lol damn its early! How the fuck do you put the head spin guy!? Can't think straight.

edit: there we go!

tlongII
07-04-2013, 02:43 PM
The Lakers should amnesty Kobe.

whitemamba
07-04-2013, 03:42 PM

if they were broke..

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2013, 04:14 PM

and your mom shoulda aborted you but neither happened

tlongII
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
if they were broke..

Or if they were smart...

Thread
07-04-2013, 06:02 PM
...only a fucking animal would do such.

whitemamba
07-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Or if they were smart...

amnestying kobe from a business point of view is the right idea. but LA would have a shit storm.

ambchang
07-04-2013, 06:45 PM
He can walk without a limp? Great news! I can too. Let me ballhog and food stamp.

Thread
07-04-2013, 06:52 PM
He can walk without a limp? Great news! I can too. Let me ballhog and food stamp.

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

The more things change (6)...the more they remain the same (6).

whitemamba
07-04-2013, 06:56 PM

http://healingthoughtsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/boiling_water.jpg

Thread
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
http://healingthoughtsblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/boiling_water.jpg

I know. That damn Amb get's me all discombobulated. I tear him up and the other fellows get caught in the peripherals.

ambchang
07-04-2013, 09:00 PM

Could have held water if you didn't hide in fear for weeks though.

Thread
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM

You asked me back.

ambchang
07-04-2013, 09:21 PM
You asked me back.

Lying is all you are relegated to.

I am officially asking you to leave. Will you?

Thread
07-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Lying is all you are relegated to.

I am officially asking you to leave. Will you?

Hell, no. "They buried me in that tomb that knows no sound. But, I am still around."

Mori Chu
07-04-2013, 11:34 PM
#StayThread :lol

Thread
07-04-2013, 11:42 PM
^Don't start your shit tonite, Mori, I ain't in the fuckin' mood.

Mori Chu
07-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I know why you are all over every thread this evening. You won't get hardly a wink of sleep while you wait on Dwight's decision. You Laker fans talk a good game about not caring if he leaves, but you know you all do. It's dark times in Laker land when he walks out that door. I sort of feel sorry for you lot, but, I hate your damn team with the fire of a thousand suns, so I will be happy if he bolts.

z0sa
07-04-2013, 11:52 PM

I am extremely disappointed in Cubby for this exact reason. Believe it or not, I loved most of his shit talking and parroting, because at least he was for the most part, consistent. But then up and disappearing only to appear and resume his banter after the Finals are over? Bitch move.

Your e-cred as the forum's best troll has been destroyed AFAIC, Culburn. You should be relegated to lakaluva post-Naruto levels in my opinion.

Thread
07-05-2013, 12:16 AM
I know why you are all over every thread this evening. You won't get hardly a wink of sleep while you wait on Dwight's decision. You Laker fans talk a good game about not caring if he leaves, but you know you all do. It's dark times in Laker land when he walks out that door. I sort of feel sorry for you lot, but, I hate your damn team with the fire of a thousand suns, so I will be happy if he bolts.

Good old, Mori, knows his Cubby.

I miss the old days, boy. Seems like a 100 years ago, huh?

Mori Chu
07-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Good old, Mori, knows his Cubby.

I miss the old days, boy. Seems like a 100 years ago, huh?

I enjoyed your brief stint at Sose's. But some of the thinner-skinned fellows, less so. I sort of miss your old AZ Central days when you would flood the page with spam. But not really. I have been watching you and your act back since the days before you even "came out" as a Laker fan in the first place.

They still give me shit over there for a picture I photoshopped of Frank Johnson. Jeebus, how long ago has that been? He was run out of our town like a decade ago.

Thread
07-05-2013, 02:19 AM
I enjoyed your brief stint at Sose's. But some of the thinner-skinned fellows, less so. I sort of miss your old AZ Central days when you would flood the page with spam. But not really. I have been watching you and your act back since the days before you even "came out" as a Laker fan in the first place.

They still give me shit over there for a picture I photoshopped of Frank Johnson. Jeebus, how long ago has that been? He was run out of our town like a decade ago.

lol. I'd forgotten about that Frank Johnson picture. Good days. AZ Central seems like forever ago. It'll be 20 years next Spring since I landed in there. Seems like another life.

Baseline
07-05-2013, 02:33 AM
amnestying kobe from a business point of view is the right idea. but LA would have a shit storm. It absolutely is. But honestly, I think the Laker FO has to be schlitting bricks right now, realizing that the Clips are going to be really good for the next few, and the Lakers probably aren't. LA fans are unbelievably fickle, so the Lakers should be worried about sales of those overpriced tickets...you know, the ones where people pay $200-1000 a pop to watch Bryant shoot fadeaway 20-footers with four hands in his face.

ambchang
07-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Hell, no. "They buried me in that tomb that knows no sound. But, I am still around."

You pride yourself in your supposed consistency, but you are a middle dodging coward just like all other trolls. You lied about me asking you back, but when I officially ask you to leave, you cowered

Called your bluff and you are not even man enough to admit you were exposed.

Thread
07-05-2013, 07:56 AM
You pride yourself in your supposed consistency, but you are a middle dodging coward just like all other trolls. You lied about me asking you back, but when I officially ask you to leave, you cowered

Called your bluff and you are not even man enough to admit you were exposed.

Don't be purposely obtuse. Otherwise I'll cast you down with the sodomitesPERIOD

tee, hee.

ambchang
07-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Don't be purposely obtuse. Otherwise I'll cast you down with the sodomitesPERIOD

tee, hee.

I dare you. I called you out on 8 and 6, and you did nothing to explain yourself.

Do your worst, coward.

Thread
07-05-2013, 08:36 AM
I dare you. I called you out on 8 and 6, and you did nothing to explain yourself.

Do your worst, coward.

You were at 4, then you had pocket 5's, then 6.

You got to take it. You've nary other choice.

ambchang
07-05-2013, 08:47 AM
You were at 4, then you had pocket 5's, then 6.

You got to take it. You've nary other choice.

That's all you got? That's pretty weak stuff who was supposed to go God on sodomite mode.

Man, if God went on the sodomites as soft as you did, the world will be ruled by the likes of you.

Thread
07-05-2013, 08:53 AM
That's all you got? That's pretty weak stuff who was supposed to go God on sodomite mode.

Man, if God went on the sodomites as soft as you did, the world will be ruled by the likes of you.

6 is all I needed.

And I got it.

ambchang
07-05-2013, 09:43 AM
6 is all I needed.

And I got it.

You don't need anything, especially not with your self-contradictory every body finished last (except Heat) bit.

In fact, 6 is exactly opposite to what you needed, because it exposed your hypocrisy and your facade of consistency and transparency.

You hiding in fear exposed you as a narutoluva level of trollality. You are finished on these boards. Coward.

Thread
07-05-2013, 09:57 AM
You don't need anything, especially not with your self-contradictory every body finished last (except Heat) bit.

In fact, 6 is exactly opposite to what you needed, because it exposed your hypocrisy and your facade of consistency and transparency.

You hiding in fear exposed you as a narutoluva level of trollality. You are finished on these boards. Coward.

ambchang
07-05-2013, 10:16 AM

Coward

Thread
07-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Coward

You had 5 and fucked it up.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

UZER
07-05-2013, 11:27 AM

Amb slowly bringing the parrot out of Dale :lol

Poor guy is trying hard, like putting the cigs in the garbage. But Amb gave him a ciggy and Dale felt the rush as it coursed through his lungs. Now he's on his way the the convenient store to pick up a pack of 6 & 5-4s . Breathe it in Dale.....breeeeeathe.

Thread
07-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Amb slowly bringing the parrot out of Dale :lol

Poor guy is trying hard, like putting the cigs in the garbage. But Amb gave him a ciggy and Dale felt the rush as it coursed through his lungs. Now he's on his way the the convenient store to pick up a pack of 6 & 5-4s . Breathe it in Dale.....breeeeeathe.

That fuckin' Amb always gets my blood to boilin'. That SOB!

ambchang
07-05-2013, 12:41 PM
You had 5 and fucked it up.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That fuckin' Amb always gets my blood to boilin'. That SOB!

I guess I am your Ray Allen.

Cowardly parrot.

Thread
07-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I guess I am your Ray Allen.

Cowardly parrot.

Indazone
07-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Kobe's achilles will follow in the footsteps of Sir Charles achilles.

Michael Jordan.
06-09-2014, 05:51 PM
:lol

spurraider21
06-09-2014, 05:55 PM
:rollin

Michael Jordan.
06-09-2014, 05:57 PM
How strong? #MambaStrong :lmao

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 05:59 PM
:lol Kirby